PDA

View Full Version : [Content] Dynamic (mini) runs

Chenoa
06-05-07, 17:42
As recently announced in some interviews, we have implemented "dynamic zones". These will be used differently for events, runs or other stuff so we can introduce you to them.

Today we have started some small runs via NPCs (not marked specially!). There are 2 NPCs in every city (NC, Doy, MB), 1 per run. Of course we're not going to tell you where they are or what there is to do but the content of these runs are based mostly on the running storyline, specifically on the changeover from chapter II to the upcoming chapter III (which will be announced ASAP).

Have fun ;)

PS: Little reports are welcome here :angel:

/add: Answers on the Doy runs : eMail to votr@neocron.com pls !

CMaster
06-05-07, 18:20
I approve of this idea heartily.
Opinions on how it actually works out will have to wait until I've finished writing science stuff for the day.

Edit:
Are there 6 missions or just 2 missions with 3 different starting locations each?

Matanius
06-05-07, 18:21
Great idea, I will be searching for these people as soon as I can get back on :p

SorkZmok
06-05-07, 19:15
Awesome.

Too bad the damn server went down just now. :lol:

nabbl
06-05-07, 19:22
it went down ?

lol i was logged in 30 seconds ago

Tubby
06-05-07, 20:07
Answer to cmaster, there is 6 different "runs". I say runs because you dont actually get a mission in your RPOS, no objective or timer etc.

Selendor
06-05-07, 20:30
I think its a bit harsh dropping you in the middle of a load of mobs with no exit! I'm currently stuck in the damn place until the sun comes up and I can run for my life.

Ok now I'm dead, what a waste of time, full shields and heals running on my ppu and I got spammed by about 40 regants mobs.

Rambus
06-05-07, 20:39
The pro city one has an exit.

What of these rewards?

Brammers
06-05-07, 20:44
/add: Answers on the Doy runs : eMail to votr@neocron.com pls !

Is that the right email address, I got a support ticket number back!

Chenoa
06-05-07, 20:54
I think its a bit harsh dropping you in the middle of a load of mobs with no exit!

Every zone has an exit.... mostly hidden....

The level of the runs are very different. For high and for low runners.

Is that the right email address, I got a support ticket number back!
It is, itīs the official queue from the mags. The "support ticket" you got back is only the "answer" that we got it and will forward it to the responsible persons.

Selendor
06-05-07, 22:14
Ok, so I'm sure there is an exit, but I am a capped PPU and I couldn't survive in the close quarters with so many mobs spamming me with fire, the fps is so low and so I don't know how others will make it. All I'm saying is that you should spawn by the exit so you can get out. It makes no sense. You get hit so much you can't actually run.

Perhaps tone down the mobs a little please. Not that I'll be going back.

Rambus
06-05-07, 22:51
I killed the mobs easily on my droner,
and cloaked in to talk to the npc with out issue.

He gave me a piece of meat and then I got confused and logged out.

Selendor
06-05-07, 23:12
Was that the Military Base one?

Perhaps I was just unlucky then.

Dribble Joy
07-05-07, 00:19
The lower level CM run I was to high for, and I've done the higher one, but no FA to give the item to....

Tickles
07-05-07, 01:49
Do any of these quests give rewards greater than 100nc or are they just for storyline and nothing else?

Rambus
07-05-07, 06:19
I think they are mostly to test out the new dynamic run system.

Sucks the NPC's don't give 'missions' and don't clearly explain where the dynamic entrince has been created.

netster
07-05-07, 08:12
uhm ... those 52/52 bots? didnt thought they are too hard, at least i could run away after the spawnpoint had about 6 arround. if my sync would habe been 10 seconds (still syncing everytime 4-10 seconds on my notebook+my desktop), i would have been toast :).

didnt found the 4th contactperson yet ... :( hints are wellcome. i dont get it about the email to send to votr, only a ticketnumber. if thats the thing you needed... ok.

why not even a log into the F8-Mission-Log-thingy? that would have been a bit better...

Chenoa
07-05-07, 08:29
Ok, so I'm sure there is an exit, but I am a capped PPU and I couldn't survive in the close quarters with so many mobs spamming me with fire, the fps is so low and so I don't know how others will make it. All I'm saying is that you should spawn by the exit so you can get out. It makes no sense. You get hit so much you can't actually run.

Perhaps tone down the mobs a little please. Not that I'll be going back.

Read the NPC which gave you the start of the run : "Call your platton" - means, it isnt a single player run ! CMs are soldiers and can take a team for this one mission.

The lower level CM run I was to high for, and I've done the higher one, but no FA to give the item to....

Yap, this one is for low and midlevel runners, exactly!

Do any of these quests give rewards greater than 100nc or are they just for storyline and nothing else?

(mini) Runs !=quests ! Runs should be based on a story or sth like this. So the rewards are not too high. Itīs more to have fun and something to do. ;)
(but at some runs you have to send in sth or to bring an item to the FA)

why not even a log into the F8-Mission-Log-thingy? that would have been a bit better...

Because these arent missions, only dynamic (mini) runs. Means they will come _dynamic_ (spontanously) ingame without patch or being forever there. Mostly a few days only.

Asleif Friederson is his name. Write him ingame or to
Afriederson@votr-mag.com. He jumps from server to server atm.
(also he is german you can try to contact EricMcAllen [CM Officer] ingame)

SnowCrash
07-05-07, 08:31
These runs are the first series of dynamic dungeon missions and there are more to come. Please bear in mind that every new feature may need some time until it is working properly. The Gamemaster team did a great job with this new type of content and is eager to provide you with more.

SorkZmok
07-05-07, 08:51
The new places where you get into to get the needed piece of meat are completely empty.

Fill them with some mobs. And if it's just spider and some roachers, without anything in it at all they look pretty dead.

Also it's quite weird that you can not open any door or crate in the whole place.
Basically, there's only the exit and one npc that spawns mobs. It's a bit boring. :(

Chenoa
07-05-07, 09:03
The new places where you get into to get the needed piece of meat are completely empty.

Fill them with some mobs. And if it's just spider and some roachers, without anything in it at all they look pretty dead.

Also it's quite weird that you can not open any door or crate in the whole place.
Basically, there's only the exit and one npc that spawns mobs. It's a bit boring. :(

Indeed, we are working on it, thx.

(this one is for low level runners, seems there were some before you in the zone. Will change it asap)

SorkZmok
07-05-07, 09:19
And has anyone found the 2nd npc in NC? I could only find the guy outside DRE HQ.

Any tips appreciated. I checked most places but i think i missed him. :(

Selendor
07-05-07, 10:13

Did you end up with a mysterious artifact? Or was there more npcs in the zone to exchange it for something else?

Read the NPC which gave you the start of the run : "Call your platton" - means, it isnt a single player run ! CMs are soldiers and can take a team for this one mission.

Because the npcs aren't clear where the runs take place, it looks like I spoke to the weaker run npc, and then walked into the wrong dungeon. But still, the point I'm making is to make the exit near the spawn point, because people are going to enter that zone by mistake and just die, especially lower runners!

nabbl
07-05-07, 10:38
And has anyone found the 2nd npc in NC? I could only find the guy outside DRE HQ.

Any tips appreciated. I checked most places but i think i missed him. :(

chez sypher via rosso sec 3 :)

SorkZmok
07-05-07, 10:46
chez sypher via rosso sec 3 :)
Hm, i found a bugged npc there sitting on a bench by the genrep. Possibly was the right one.

Had no name and wouldn't talk to me, so i'll try that again later.

Thanks.

CMaster
07-05-07, 11:27
Indeed, we are working on it, thx.

(this one is for low level runners, seems there were some before you in the zone. Will change it asap)

There's a problem with that one for lower level runners then - when I went, the NPC was surrounded by approxmatley 50 Regant Scouts. Thats a bit much for a low level runner to take on.

nabbl
07-05-07, 11:50
Hm, i found a bugged npc there sitting on a bench by the genrep. Possibly was the right one.

Had no name and wouldn't talk to me, so i'll try that again later.

Thanks.

no it wasnt... CHEZ sypher with the nice view onto the sea :P

SorkZmok
07-05-07, 12:22
Alright, thanks Nabbl.

There's a problem with that one for lower level runners then - when I went, the NPC was surrounded by approxmatley 50 Regant Scouts. Thats a bit much for a low level runner to take on.That's like with most woc missions.
Everytime you talk to the NPC he spawns the mob(s). No matter how many there are already.

But they will automatically dissapear after about 10 minutes. Another solution is to simply lure them away, kill 2 and then talk to the guy. They got laserblades and are pretty damn slow. Easy prey basically.

Dribble Joy
07-05-07, 14:48
Did you end up with a mysterious artifact? Or was there more npcs in the zone to exchange it for something else?
I got the artifact, and the run NPC says give it to your FA.

Because the npcs aren't clear where the runs take place, it looks like I spoke to the weaker run npc, and then walked into the wrong dungeon. But still, the point I'm making is to make the exit near the spawn point, because people are going to enter that zone by mistake and just die, especially lower runners!
The entrances are very close to the NPCs, the lower level CM one is about 10 yards away, next to some boxes.

The higher level one is doable solo if you know what you're doing, if you don't you're kind stuffed.

Tickles
07-05-07, 15:10
Also the entrance for the lab in PP3 is in a silly place. You've put an entrance into the floor of a balcony and you suddenly appear in an open space with open sky. You might want to make it a side entrance to increase realism especially for runs that are adding to storyline.

Dribble Joy
07-05-07, 15:24
Haha, yes. The CM high lvl run takes you from a section of an underground bunker to a derilict part of DoY/IND with low level buildings and open sky :p.