PDA

View Full Version : How do I level a Barter toon?

Matanius
05-05-07, 15:18
I wanna make a Barter character but not sure how best to level him. I understand that droning then LOMMING is probably best but as I understand it any drones below TL20 are screwed. So what do i do?

Thanks in advance. :p

Dogface
05-05-07, 16:36
Could run some TL150 res missions until you can use a decent aoe drone..

Matanius
05-05-07, 16:54
lol, ok, so how do i do those? i've only ever used my rifle spy and drones. And can i do those from a newly rolled toon? just spec everything in RES until i get high enough level then lom?

Powerpunsh
05-05-07, 17:10
nono
make recyclingmissions till u got 90 symp, then u have to get tl 150 ress mission bps and after it u can skill drohning.

Matanius
05-05-07, 17:14
I see, makes sense. OK, thanks guys, i shall try this.

Also is it worth over-capping as a droner so im capped as a barter?

SorkZmok
07-05-07, 08:07
While you level that toon, just ask for a barter on trade occasionally.

If you find one, ask for his barter skill and what, i dunno, maybe a bigpack implant lube costs. Write those down and check it with the price you'd have to pay without any barter skill.

That way you'll get a rough overview if it's worth investing ALL points in barter. And with borked LEs+drones and lom pills without SI there should be quite a few capped barterers around by now.

When you go drones while you level up, specc drone skills to 100 base and get the rest from implants.
I'd say that's enough if you use constructed drones and will save you a lot of lom pills later. Because at 100 int/dex they should cost you about 500k+ xp each use.