PDA

View Full Version : LMAO! Little help please

Matanius
29-04-07, 15:45
Right, my fiance wants to use one of my char slots to try out Neocron 'to see what all the fuss is about'. I would actually quite like her to get into it however I can't see that happening as she enjoys much more childish games like The Sims and Platformers.

So with this in mind, any advice as to how I should start her off? As i have only been with the game 3 months and have only got 1 spy, I'm not sure how the other classes are to play. I was thinking something along the lines of a tradeskiller or a PPU as I'm certain that the PvE grind for the people that use weapons (including drones) will bore the pants off her in minutes.

Thanks in advance :lol:

naimex
29-04-07, 15:58
first thing you want to know is, each time you and her disagrees over something. change account password.

unreal
29-04-07, 16:32
Compared to other MMORPG's it's not as much of a grind, but the boring factor does kick in a fair bit sooner than those RPG's I'm sure. :p Why suggest a tradeskiller or a PPU? o_O Those are possibly the worst and slowest professions to try and level your character up as. If you had two accounts to let her play with, I would suggest one of you being a Tank or an APU, while the other being an PPU, but as you only have one character, I would have to suggest a Private Eye or Spy myself. Tanks and APU's pretty much need PPU assistance full-time whereas Private Eyes and Spies don't.

Before she starts playing, you might want to do some of the newbie Jones missions that give you low level rewards depending on your newly made characters profession. Driver should be done at least four times, so you have a Quad (unbreakable cheap transport vehicle) per character. TL10 heal (Field Medic/Inquisitor) is still pretty much neccessary at the moment, so you'll be needing to get your hands on a good one of those. Then possibly the most crucial for PE's, Stealth from the Infiltraitor profession. Depending on the class you pick, you'll either get a Spy or PE stealth tool. It's recommended you get one for at least each of your PE or Spy characters. The Assassin quest also gets you a Sniper Rifle, though I'm not sure how good it is in 2.2. In 2.1 these quests used to take about half an hour at a time if you did everything quickly, so accomplishing that may take a while, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

With that over and done with, and you want her to have a bit of fun, I would definitely suggest being a Private Eye. Start off with rifles, so she could perhaps do that newbie quest herself and level using rifles get enough Dexterity and Strength to use a Combat Vehicle. Always good fun, but can be expensive, especially when the Scorpion Trike costs a fair bit, so you may not have enough cash for that. It's still a fun thing to do though. My account should be active again soon and I have a few unknown vehicles she could have. Ones that have been cluttering up my Spies vehicle list - have to click on the 'next' button twice before being able to spawn a damn Quad, which is pretty damn annoying. :p

Droning is still the quickest way to level Int/Dex for a Spy or Private Eye though. The down side is you don't level Psi, Constitution or Strength in the process. For a Spy it doesn't matter, you cap all those in no time. But for a Private Eye, Constitution takes a while. But you'll no doubt cap Int, Str, Psi, and get a nice amount of Con while levelling without drones until you cap your Dex.

Maybe one other thing you could do after letting her level up for a while is give her the reigns over one of your own characters (Spy with Stealth might be best, as she might die often for all I know :wtf: :D), assuming they're PvP ready. PvP is the most fun thing to do in Neocron IMO. Levelling is just the hurdle to get there, so as a new player, have fun and experience as many fun things as you can, then afterwards just do it the quickest (and no doubt the most boring) way possible. :)

Matanius
29-04-07, 17:12
Why suggest a tradeskiller or a PPU? o_O Those are possibly the worst and slowest professions to try and level your character up as.

Well I didn't know they were that bad. At least now I do! :P

As for the rest of your reply, I will definitely be doing the missions for the quads, TL10 heal and stealth tools.

With that over and done with, and you want her to have a bit of fun, I would definitely suggest being a Private Eye. Start off with rifles, so she could perhaps do that newbie quest herself and level using rifles get enough Dexterity and Strength to use a Combat Vehicle.

Sounds good, but I still think she will get bored of the leveling. Won't hurt to try though.

My account should be active again soon and I have a few unknown vehicles she could have. Ones that have been cluttering up my Spies vehicle list - have to click on the 'next' button twice before being able to spawn a damn Quad, which is pretty damn annoying.

Well thank you! That'd be great. However, if she decides she doesn't like the game, perhaps you can throw some my way?! :lol:

Droning is still the quickest way to level Int/Dex for a Spy or Private Eye though. The down side is you don't level Psi, Constitution or Strength in the process. For a Spy it doesn't matter, you cap all those in no time. But for a Private Eye, Constitution takes a while. But you'll no doubt cap Int, Str, Psi, and get a nice amount of Con while levelling without drones until you cap your Dex.

Yeah, I'm aware of this bit, recently lommed to droner and am currently trying to get over cap so i can lom back. But I can only just stand the monotony of leveling like this so I'm certain Kat will get bored before you can say 'Neocron Sucks!'

Maybe one other thing you could do after letting her level up for a while is give her the reigns over one of your own characters (Spy with Stealth might be best, as she might die often for all I know ), assuming they're PvP ready. PvP is the most fun thing to do in Neocron IMO. Levelling is just the hurdle to get there, so as a new player, have fun and experience as many fun things as you can, then afterwards just do it the quickest (and no doubt the most boring) way possible.

Well as I stated above my Spy is almost ready, once I've lommed back to rifles and got a decent weapon I shall be entering the PvP scene (probably to be immediately ganked). And that sounds like a good idea, was thinking that myself.

Well thanks for that, I will let you know if and when she decides to try it out and what she thinks. I'm not convinced she'll last though! lol

ashley watts
29-04-07, 17:58
Don't get girls involved in Neocron, she will be askin ya to put the baked rat and wasteland spuds in the oven :\

Jodo
29-04-07, 18:22
I gave my fourth slot to my GF back in N1. She likes the Sims and whatnot also but now has her own NC account. I didn't know much about the game back then but I gave what advice I could and went into as much detail about the different classes and what their strengths and weaknesses are that I could so she'd have a good idea of which class would be best suited/most enjoyed. After that decision is made, character development is more obvious.
Chances are that because she's a girl then she'll be gabby enough to meet a few runners and get plenty of advice along with a few nice freebies to help her start. ;)

Matanius
29-04-07, 18:26
ROFL! Yeah, that's about right.

Well we made a rifle spy earlier after I explained all the different classes etc because "I want to shoot things"! Brilliant. :D

Napalm82
29-04-07, 19:24
Aww man, now i have to be careful not bad mouthing Matan in public, or i'll get a mad woman after me :D (j/k)

Its great that she wants to give it a try, just remember to tell her that if she likes the game she would need her own account, so aint it better getting her started on a trial account? so you can both be on.

- Napalm

slith
29-04-07, 19:46
Napalm82: "[...]so you can both be on."

Could be a bad idea, trust me ;)

Serious_Sam
30-04-07, 17:10
Tell her to stick with Tetris.

Matanius
30-04-07, 17:28
Ha ha, right i've just been told that i need to say that Kat also loves games such as the original Doom and Duke Nukem 3D as "you've made me sound like a right poofter!" So now i'm correcting it to avoid the wrath of the pregnant lady! :p

She still hasn't done anything with her char yet though. But she's called 'Lady Kat' so be nice..... he he

silent000
30-04-07, 19:05
She still hasn't done anything with her char yet though. But she's called 'Lady Kat' so be nice..... he he

Wait till she meets me :cool:

Matanius
30-04-07, 19:08
Wait till she meets me :cool:

That would be interesting, although I haven't even met you yet! :D

ashley watts
30-04-07, 21:56
That would be interesting, although I haven't even met you yet! :D

You don't wanna , he's a man whore <.<

jini
01-05-07, 07:22
On the contrary I think she should start making a PPU. Pure defensive class, full supporting other chars, she can be great.

Doc Holliday
02-05-07, 09:10
let her make a tank. speaking from experience my other half made a spy first and loved it cause she wanted to be a spy and hack peoples belts and stuff and she liked the idea of the hacker. shes levelled her up to 54 something but hasnt played her a whole lot since. i told her im not sure with the whole nanite thing so we kinda left that alone and went the psi route.

Then she made a tank. she loves her. she wont get off playin the tank now ever. she hasnt mentioned anything else but has really enjoyed it as she can take a lot more punishment than a spy can (naturally) while levelling. she complains alot that her char is ugly (women have to moan about something right boys? :P ) but she still loves her. so thats my experience.

SorkZmok
02-05-07, 09:31
Yeah, i'd say HC tank aswell.
Fun to level, especially with all the vehicles you can use now.

Matanius
08-07-07, 00:33
BUMP!

Well we've just made a trial account for her! Still dunno whether she'll play or even enjoy it but hey, worth a try.

I think I'm opening a Pandora's Box here :p

She's also just made a forum account which is active, I believe she is the newest member, again whether she'll post or not is another matter, I'm sure she will do just to bitch at me! ha ha

silent000
08-07-07, 00:59
Well as she owes me dinner for getting the big brother question wrong, she shud now be my in-game bitch :cool: but yeh get her to give me a shout in-game lol it might actually be worth me logging in these days :D

Matanius
08-07-07, 10:14
Now how did I know that if even if no-one else replied, that you still would Andy?!

At least you didn't decide to tell everyone how fit she is like you did on EVE the other night! Although you've never seen her :wtf: I took some sexy pics of her the other day, wanna see them?! :p

Flame Bait
08-07-07, 10:37
I took some sexy pics of her the other day, wanna see them?! :p

Not if they involve clothing.

Nymphette79
08-07-07, 14:46
I used to play PPU and nothing else but as the years have gone on the amount of spells u have to carry around is crazy and the only thing anyone says to you is S&D, HEAL, HEAL, HEAL. I admit I still love a bit of PPUing but prefer PE's or tabks and agree that the female are FUGLY. The female PE's are sexier but they need skirts imo.

As a girl I like alot of elements to the game only thing that gets on my nerves is no-one actually ever believes ur a girl. :(

Jodo
08-07-07, 15:45
As a girl I like alot of elements to the game only thing that gets on my nerves is no-one actually ever believes ur a girl. :(

Hahaha, my gf has that problem sometimes, you gals do seems to be an endangered species around NC. What always pisses me off is when a girl finally convinces some people of her gender some 12 year old demands that they meet them on MSN and show pictures of their naked selves. Good way of ensuring girls stay away in future. :rolleyes:

Flame Bait
08-07-07, 16:21
demands that they meet them on MSN and show pictures of their naked selves.

Thats what god put us on this earth to do.

I dont use MSN but feel free to post all the bare skin photos you like right here for me. :D

Eternal Pink
08-07-07, 17:03
I'd strongly advise against a PPU simply because the PPU always gets the blame when things go wrong ( even when its not there fault ) so that would be very discouraging to start.

I'd suggest...

PE's are a good alrounder so thats a good start and they are pretty quick to cap as well, the only problem is that you don't get the best weps very easily and getting the implants etc so you can pvp takes a lot of money/time

Tanks are very simple and pretty quick to level ( except con, that takes a while ) and are easy to learn, get a big gun, shoot big gun at something is about all you need to know to be a tank, working out a good con setup is a pain though but you can pvp with a less than ideal con setup ( and since she'll die a lot anyway due to being new, dying slightly more becuz she hasn't got a brilliant setup wont be much of a annoyance ) and while they work best with a PPU to support them you can go out and waste most mobs with just a PE giving you shields etc

Ms.Matan
09-07-07, 12:46
Well, as I can see on here Matan really doesn't think I'm gonna get into this, well I'm about to show him he's wrong!!! and if anyones going to be showing anyone the sexy photo's of me, it'll be me, ok my lovely fiancee??? I'll probably see him more if I do get into Neocron so I'm gonna give it a try. At least I already know some of you guys on here (andy woo woo)!! lmao, hope to see you all in game and thanks for all the advice, oh and my names Kat not ms.matan!!!

SorkZmok
09-07-07, 12:54
Well, as I can see on here Matan really doesn't think I'm gonna get into this, well I'm about to show him he's wrong!!! and if anyones going to be showing anyone the sexy photo's of me, it'll be me, ok my lovely fiancee??? I'll probably see him more if I do get into Neocron so I'm gonna give it a try. At least I already know some of you guys on here (andy woo woo)!! lmao, hope to see you all in game and thanks for all the advice, oh and my names Kat not ms.matan!!!
Hah, there she is. :)
You tried NC out then? Or not yet? You need to post regular updates on how you like the game and all that.

I tried to get my GF into playing NC but she just hates computers. All she ever plays is Yoshi's island on her snes emulator. When it comes to fps games she's already having a hard time using the keyboard for movement and the mouse to look around at the same time. "TOO MANY DEVICES, ARGH!" :lol:

And Matan, are you gonna convince her to take the LE out and get her in the clan right away? :p

nellus
09-07-07, 13:43
oh and my names Kat not ms.matan!!!

Not Kat Slater i do hope :p

Welcome to the game ;)

silent000
09-07-07, 14:06
I will make her take her LE out ;) she cuming pvpin with me :D

ashley watts
09-07-07, 14:27

hrrhrr, can i show you my rare cabs ;-) ?

Ishmael/Mystic
09-07-07, 14:30
hrrhrr, can i show you my rare cabs ;-) ?

u dirty sausage....

Jodo
09-07-07, 14:43
When it comes to fps games she's already having a hard time using the keyboard for movement and the mouse to look around at the same time. "TOO MANY DEVICES, ARGH!" :lol:

LMAO, natural multi-taskers my arse! :lol:

Matanius
09-07-07, 14:57
lol, well I've just got home from work and saw this! he he, funny stuff. Was just reading through the thread with her and Kat's asking: 'What's an LE?' 'What's rares cabs?' What's FPS mean?' *sigh* it's gonna be a long night :p

As for whether i'll convince her to pop her LE, I dunno, I'll just tell her the pro's and cons of each one and see what she wants to do, same with everything in the game, she wants to be in my clan though, what troubles that'll bring I can only begin to imagine! :lol:

She knows I'm joking (hopefully)

Apocalypsox
09-07-07, 17:07
Psh! I think it would be cool to have her in :lol: would be great at op fights!

...ergh...god damnit...why did i have to read this thread...Now im thinking of getting my girl ingame...Good thing shes a gamer :D ...now i just gotta buy her a computer that will run NC good...

CrushOr
09-07-07, 19:43
CrushOr approves.

Serious_Sam
09-07-07, 19:51
Mat, if she's still pregnant and her LE is taken out, its only a matter of time before she's ganked so many times all her anger will be taken out on you.

naphead
09-07-07, 23:27
If she's creative have her be a professional decorator. Buy apts, decor them with the basics of furniture, and then sell them on Trade channel. At least thats what I tried to get my wife to do but she said NC was too dark for her.

I said "muwahahahahahaha" :wtf:

Ms.Matan
09-07-07, 23:30
If she's creative have her be a professional decorator. Buy apts, decor them with the basics of furniture, and then sell them on Trade channel. At least thats what I tried to get my wife to do but she said NC was too dark for her.

I said "muwahahahahahaha" :wtf: She would absolutely love that, however doing that kinda thing requires money, and knowing Kat wanting the best things, A LOT of money lol. I'm sure we could work up to it tho.

It's not exactly 'The Sims' though?! lol

Ms.Matan
09-07-07, 23:31
Oh dear, I posted as me on Kat's profile, forgot she was the one logged in!!! :lol:

silent000
09-07-07, 23:53
I have alot of money Ms Matan may have, but you do know by now that if you loan money off cracker who is aloud to sit in your appartment watching you sleep :cool:

Apocalypsox
10-07-07, 01:11
I have alot of money Ms Matan may have, but you do know by now that if you loan money off cracker who is aloud to sit in your appartment watching you sleep :cool:

Step off crackore, you knows i have more monehs then you!

silent000
10-07-07, 02:12
But do you have a cheeky smile?

Apocalypsox
10-07-07, 02:52
Yes! instead of that scowl you always have on your ugly mug!
:p

Kanedax
10-07-07, 03:58
Lawl I tried to get my ex into the game once, but sadly tho she was great and all she was a carebear, she preferred WoW.... :mad:

Ms.Matan
10-07-07, 10:02
OK boys stop bidding for my affections, I would like to do up apartments but I'll do it off my own back thanks, I don't need any man to support me. Although it's quite funny watching you argue!!! lol I was gonna have a go last night but by the time I go home from Mums, where I decorated her bedroom on my own, sorted dinner, did the washing up, bathed and put the children to bed I was really tired so I watched big brother and went to bed.

I would prefere to play it the first time when Matan isn't here coz he'll just be telling me what to do the whole time and I need to learn for myself. He is a good teacher but he moves too fast for me sometimes (cheeky) and I think I frustrate him a little. So if anyone would like to give me a slow hand (cheeky again, how rude?) in game I would very much appreciate it. Cheers.

Ms.Matan
10-07-07, 10:29
Sorry Matan I know these were specially for you but I have no other nice pics of me when I'm not pregnant!!! lmao!!! Enjoy.......

.....I hope this works I don't really know what I'm doing lmao!!!

Ms.Matan
10-07-07, 10:31
OK it didn't work told ya i didnt know what i was doing!!! lol, i'll wait till matan is back and im sure he'll help me.

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 11:33
OK it didn't work told ya i didnt know what i was doing!!! lol, i'll wait till matan is back and im sure he'll help me.

The server no longer accepts clothed pics of the female anatomy.

Sorry about that. :lol:

Ms.Matan
10-07-07, 12:33
Just to let you know, I wasn't totally clothed and I'm sure the server has nothing against fish-net stockings, knee high boots and corsets right?? lmao

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 13:12
Sometimes the server will make exceptions but it really depends on the color of this corset.

Ms.Matan
10-07-07, 13:55
Right ok, Mr.Matan has helped me do this so it should work now.... this is me!

silent000
10-07-07, 13:58
Ms Matan u sneaky devil

flib
10-07-07, 14:43
Wow, someone must like attention.

Matanius
10-07-07, 14:57
Lol, didn't think she'd post these ones! Hmmm...I guess she's just feeling super happy after going from hugely pregnant to a size 10 in just a month and wants to show it off :p

flib
10-07-07, 15:08
Show it off to a bunch of guys on a MMORPG forum. Great idea!

Matanius
10-07-07, 15:10
Jesus dude, what's your problem? She wants to feel a bit better about herself after looking and feeling like a Moose for nine months. I just hope your joking :lol:

flib
10-07-07, 15:14
I am!

My point is that this may not be the best way to go about it. =/

Matanius
10-07-07, 15:30
Fair do's. Twas exactly what I said to her, but you ever tried telling a woman what to do? Never turns out well! :p

Apocalypsox
10-07-07, 16:55
OK boys stop bidding for my affections, I would like to do up apartments but I'll do it off my own back thanks, I don't need any man to support me. Although it's quite funny watching you argue!!!

Argh =( Now we need something new to argue about....

Any ideas cracker? -.-

silent000
10-07-07, 17:34
Kit Kats rnt biscuits! THEY ARE LIES!

Serious_Sam
10-07-07, 19:33
Here's the back of my hand, now back in the kitchen!

*runs and hides*

Flame Bait
10-07-07, 22:54
Flib the internet was made for.. *fapppppping* :p

Apocalypsox
11-07-07, 02:18
Kit Kats rnt biscuits! THEY ARE LIES!

...then what are biscuits? -.-

silent000
11-07-07, 02:55
...then what are biscuits? -.-

Fucking Awesome! cant beat the jammy d or the loveable bourbon

Nidhogg
11-07-07, 06:32
Fucking Awesome! cant beat the jammy d or the loveable bourbon
There's only one kind of bourbon and it ain't a biscuit. Clue: I've been drinking it for the last 8 hours...

flib
11-07-07, 08:04
I've been drinking it for the last 8 hours...
Hard Liquor?

Apocalypsox
11-07-07, 08:13
There's only one kind of bourbon and it ain't a biscuit. Clue: I've been drinking it for the last 8 hours...

I second that motion! Woo!

Matanius
11-07-07, 08:40
Ha ha, that's why we never get any GM response on our threads, they're all on massive benders, probably rolling chars in NC and trying to scam drom's and telling regant that he's 'A very naughty boy!'

Jodo
11-07-07, 08:47

I thought your advice was to not post in the forums with a significant amount of alcohol inside you? :p

flib
11-07-07, 08:57
Would also explain the quality of the game engine, and the programming language with which is was written.

Apocalypsox
11-07-07, 09:05
Would also explain the quality of the game engine, and the programming language with which is was written.

arsehat, dont ruin the little bit of fun we get with the occasional humorous convo with teh GMs and moddy people!

flib
11-07-07, 09:15
What do you mean?
I love this game engine and Microsoft Visual Basic!

Apocalypsox
11-07-07, 09:19
Thats what i thought i heard. :D

on a side note, JD 4TW!

Serious_Sam
11-07-07, 18:46
What do you mean?
I love this game engine and Microsoft Visual Basic!

Maybe this game should run entirely on Java!

Zheo
11-07-07, 18:54

Drinking on duty? What would Reza think? Ah nothing he's a corpse! Drink on good sir!

flib
11-07-07, 21:33
Maybe this game should run entirely on Java!
That's not actually a bad idea.
Ever tried Jake2 (http://bytonic.de/html/jake2.html)? (Java Quake 2)

And at least then, those of us who like to us a proper operating system, wouldn't need to have Windows installed just to have their Neocrack.