PDA

View Full Version : tank an monk regant pa

DIABLO666
28-04-07, 18:20
i was just think to myself as i watched the hordes of regant wanabes running around... how come KK seems to love spys an pes so much? they give them all the good items. regant was suppose to have made the gentanks and yet we get nothing for doing the regant mission, i think they shud make a monk and tank regant pa or at least let tanks get regants plasma cannon cos lets face it atm tank donts rly use pa much (unless they wana die) cos it jus slows u down an only gives tiny bit better resists and most tanks dont need the str boost anyway.

Anway i know KK will probably never look at this so nothing will get done and ill probably have some ppl who bum their pes an spys whining that tanks alrdy got good enough resists (still not exactly amazing tho considering we have 45more con than pes) but i thought id at least try an change the neocron world for the better

Archtemplar
29-04-07, 05:28
Take a look at Tank Camo PA, its pretty much the same as a regent PA - with the poison and fire resists.

Bloom
29-04-07, 11:24
Tank PA should not be the same but better
PE can use PSI stuff why it should have tank resist PA

DIABLO666
29-04-07, 13:55
camo pa makes u slow tho so aint rly useful, and the main point is that pes an spys get all the cool new items wile monks and tanks get nothing, for example wat did 2.2 give monks other than making them unplayable?

onero S
29-04-07, 14:41
yea...because tanks really need buffing atm.

Edit, I shouldn't be such an ass, sorry hung over. Its not a bad thing to want more variety, as long as its balanced, more gear is good.

And monks do need somthing to help them out. Regent hybrid pa making hybrids viable (but BALANCED) anyone?

Kierz
29-04-07, 14:53
(still not exactly amazing tho considering we have 45more con than pes)correction, it's 35 con more, pe's cap con at 65.. (100 - 65 = 35) which equates to 175 points extra

Seraphin[69]
30-04-07, 11:33
KK never loved monks and tanks.

Ingame with have :

Beretta pistol
Genotoxic pistol
Xbow pistol
Regant's PA pistol

AK47 rifle
Sniper rifle TL115
Regant's PA rifle

Those are for rifle/pistol spy/PE

What do we have for apus hmm.... nothing...
What do we have for ppus hmm... ah wait ! hmm... nothing
What do we have for HCs ? Hmm... Oh a Bazooka TL115 to kill ourself faster ! (Tank can self damage 500-600HP with it when fired wrong with pad and buffs and yet dealing only 300 to the ennemies)
And for melee tank ? Hmmm oh ! We have to overpowered WOC 1 knuckles !

KK definately hates tank and monks

SorkZmok
30-04-07, 14:52
']KK definately hates tank and monksWell, seeing that monks completely dominated NC for ages and tanks have been the best class long ago and now again are, i doubt that.

Apart from woc pes there's nothing to beat a tank now. :(

But i agree there need to be woc items for all classes. And where's my damn tradeskill woc stuff?

DIABLO666
30-04-07, 17:23
lol nothing to beat a tank... either uv only seen good tanks or bad spys, it isnt hard to a rifle/pistol pe/spy to kill a tank rly if they r ov equal skill tanks have slow speed but good damage, spys have ok damage good speed an not so good resists (by that i mean hp an general con) this makes the classes more even wich is wat KK wanted its not like reagant pa has to be to good, hell id be happy if it was just the same as camo pa but jus made us look scary and didnt reduce agil as much/at all same thing for monks. i dont feel this is to much to ask really.

Also i dont have a apu monk and i dont think ill ever like em but they rly need a rework, some ideas i have to make monks better are A.increase damage a bit, some ppl may say monks do enough damage but they have rubbish resists and are meant to do alot of damage to kill enemy before they die. B. makes psi use have more of an effect on spells, i dont see the point in 100int for monks if psi use only affects frequency C. give apus some new and interesting spells based on the other 2 elements such as icebeam or shooting boulders at people, this last suggestion isnt really that needed to make ppl use apus again i just think it would make them more fun.

unreal
30-04-07, 17:59
A Spy can kill a tank with a SH quite easily, but of course using an SH usually means you have to rack up a bit of range so he can't run over and instagib you. :p

@DIABLO: He's probably talking about a PPU buttplugged tank, as it's not often they leave a safe zone without one, so yes, it's quite hard, but deservedly so. It's still pretty hard 1vs1 as a Spy against a non PPU'd tank because they often whip out the Ion Cannon.

Edit: Part of the problem I've experienced is that damage isn't registering with most of the 2.1 high tech weapons. RoG - not very good on moving targets. Healing Light - the same when I've been using it, fully locked on a moving target and it wouldn't register damage. This resulted in me using the First Love which is quite sexy, but slightly less powerful due to the odd bursts going astray. Silent Hunter is excellent though, and more reliable than it used to be. Still haven't been able to get hold of any of the newer rares though, firstly because I don't have a tradeskiller anymore, and second because people who are selling them are just selling crap ones for insane prices. :(

Because of this damage problem, I had trouble killing an FF tank at Cycrow last month when it was 1vs1. Even worse, I had sniped him down to half health knowing how much Tanks hurt before going in, and he still almost got me, due to my weapons not registering any damage even though I was fully locked on (which is the other main reason I sniped him before going in to begin with). He was one Ion Cannon blast away from killing me, but failed, fortunately for me. Having problems like this means it's hard to kill ANY class. :p

Serious_Sam
30-04-07, 19:46
I would like more skins, or alternative PA, just for looks.

DIABLO666
30-04-07, 22:23
if that FF tank was traltix your lucky to have survived and spys have lots of luvly woc weapons wich r just as overpowered as ion cannon, tbh if u crnt kill tanks then mayb its a problem with you, marksman watts seems to survive ok (yea i know hes pistol) but so do lots of other spys iv fought. also the ion cannons damage dont always register either and fact that it dus single burst damage means u need a good aim to kill people with it, with CS or rav ur at least guna hit em a bit each round unless ur utter crap but with ion u need to get a good lock each shot or u miss

Anyhow this isnt wat this thread is about! its about getting reagant pa for tanks and monks wich i dont think is so much to ask, why do only spys and pes deserve all the cool new items, and tbh tanks were the original PA class and they havnt had any new pa in yonks (except woc pa wich dont rly count). an tbh camo pa mite give ok resists but it still makes u very slow and easy to hit wich is what u wud expect for a easy to get items, is it so much to ask for a reagant pa that wont give us str boost but also no agil loss and same for monks, except with psi and whatever monks loose, i dont think it is

Asurmen Spec Op
30-04-07, 22:28
Can I say fuck monks?

DIABLO666
30-04-07, 22:31
lol i dont like monks rly and tbh i jus wanted reagant pa for tanks but i thought i stood a better chance if i petitioned for monk pa to =p. and monks r very underpowered atm/require skill to use... u know wat i may make a apu just to prove to the rookies who used to use monks that all it takes is some skill to use a apu, slight prob tho... i dont know anything about apus as i never made 1 lol

DIABLO666
01-05-07, 16:48
ok hows this as a compromise reagant pa can b exactly the same as camo pa except no str boost and u dont loose athletics that isnt to much to ask, i just think that pa for tanks looks pretty ugly and boring atm wile other pas have a bit of snaz, like monk pa makes em look like a jawa (star wars cat, miow) and pe an spy spy look pretty cool to, tank pa however looks like it was designed by some children, i just think it wud be nice for tanks to have a cool lookin pa that makes us look really scaring, for example it could make us look very scary with some sort of strange mask and markings all over the armour like some kind of tribal thing to scare are enemies, i think that would be pretty cool addition which everybody would enjoy even if it was exactly the same as camo pa in terms of bonuses.

Final thought, monks should get some pa wich gives good resists (and you crnt say monks dont need a boost, they r almost unplayable now) and which makes them look all forboding and shit cos i always imagined psi monks looking slightly more scary after all they did take over NC and rule with iron grip (NO HISTORY HERE JUST MAKING MY POINT!!!) so i think monk pa should also have a kind of sinister edge, not covered in markings like tank pa.. just sorta like a dark robe or somthing cos lets be honest.. who else thinks monks look cute in that lil jawa pa.

Archtemplar
01-05-07, 17:07
']KK never loved monks and tanks.

Ingame with have :

Beretta pistol
Genotoxic pistol
Xbow pistol
Regant's PA pistol

AK47 rifle
Sniper rifle TL115
Regant's PA rifle

Those are for rifle/pistol spy/PE

KK definately hates tank and monks

Dont forget the ronin rifle.

Bredahl
01-05-07, 17:58
Dont forget the ronin rifle.
this one: Sniper rifle TL115? ;)

BUT you forgot all about the most sexy rifle ingame.. the Reaper rifle :D (too bad it sucks though :( )

CMaster
01-05-07, 18:10
No to Regant PA for tanks or Monks. Although seeing as the Reborn Regant is apparently a giant and uses a fucking evil plasma cannon, tank would have perhaps made more sense than spy in the first place.

However, more items for tanks and monks generally? Including some new, awesome looking Tank PA (how about going for a blocky, slighty mecha look in a new tank PA? How about some monk PA that doesn't look like relegious garb - not all monks are religous fanatics). Sure, be nice to see that in one of the forthcoming content patches (I trust that such things DO exist, right?).

Also, lets see some Str, Int and Psi WoC items please? For psi, rather than any kinda spell I think some other form of item would be cool. Be that genuinley different armour, some kinda implant that makes itself visible, or some kind of tool for other use. For int, the best idea I can think of is tradeskiller PA. Bonuses should be negligible (+5 say? nothing that makes going to a WoC skiller necessary). But because it looks like a lab coat, or a overall or what have you, it leaps out and SAYs "I am a WoC tradeskiller".

DIABLO666
01-05-07, 22:08
i like ur ideas cmaster!, main reason i made this thread is because KK is ignoring monks and tanks (especially monks), they give tanks a pitiful 3 new guns wile pes an spys get tuns +reagant pa.

unreal
01-05-07, 22:24
If only they made it possible to obtain both WoC types.