PDA

View Full Version : An idea for PE's

Serious_Sam
27-04-07, 17:44
Ok, just throwing this one out there, see what happens. I was thinking that PEs be allowed to have 2 main routes. STR based, and DEX based. Depending on the profession, the PE will have a cap of either 60 STR & 80 DEX, or 80 STR and 60 DEX. Melee and H-C PEs are being shunned, even though you can get regants PA for both.

Thoughts? Feelings?

William Antrim
27-04-07, 18:02
My initial thought is melee tanks with shelter.... I dunno about that. I think you would have to look into the potential set ups that a pe could reach with 80 strength and see how overpowered they may be.

The thing i cant get away from is the stat lines being so similar to a tank, it almost doesnt seem to be worth being a melee pe.

However you win points for originality so this is a good thread in my book.

It reminds me of an idea i read on here years ago that said why cant we have our own set ups in terms of int dex etc. Ie you get 300 "levels" to spend and can distribute them between int, dex, psi etc and acheive the point spending limitations therein. I loved the idea at the time as it would be TRULY customisable but the problem with customisation is "overpowered"-ness rears its ugly head.

Dribble Joy
27-04-07, 18:09
The problem is the rare-non-rare gap. With the big rare dmg bonus it makes HC/MC PEs rather ineffective. The problem with single shot/beam weapons doesn't help either.

RandomCustomer
27-04-07, 20:48
I think this is a pretty good idea. They could make that alternate stat route for private eyes that choose the profession of berserker, or soldier.

I also can't see private eyes with 80 strength and 60 dex becoming overpowered, so i dont see how it could hurt. It would only make the playing field equal for strength vs dexterity private eyes.

silent000
27-04-07, 21:18
I would see it as a good idea, but i would like to see a choice to change once capped etc, because a new player might be a little confused and screw things up =/

Dogface
27-04-07, 22:25
I remember back in the day when Face Scratcher PEs were viable, surprisingly dangerous too.

landofcake
28-04-07, 12:37
I really miss my MC/HC PE, back in the day some of the non-rare weapons were really deadly.

Stuff like the Energy Soulblade, the Tangent Plasma Cannon and the S.T.O.R.M Laser were killer ...

I remember once using alot of drugs (along with the rare ones) to use a Ravager with a DB Sanctum ... truly a brutal combo.

I miss those days ...

SorkZmok
29-04-07, 07:03
I really want my melee pe back.

But PEs with 80 base str? Ravager + DB + psi. No thanks.

Dogface
29-04-07, 13:19
WoC PEs with 80 STR levels to spend in force/piercing resist? No thanks :p

yuuki
29-04-07, 13:32
60 dex would restrict them to lowtech weapons pretty much and dex weapons with 60 base dex is mebbe the tsunami rifle, but thats about it.

Kierz
29-04-07, 15:03
if they do do this please dear god don't let them do the same shit they did to my tank when they changed the skill caps and took away 150m of dex xp, ive got 280m str xp on my pe :P

DIABLO666
01-05-07, 17:00
i also think this is a good idea, my m8 mafdet luved his hc pe but now even tho he was gr8 hc pe in 2.1 he found out it just isnt possible to make a hc pe in 2.2 which he aint to happy about =(. i dont think they wud b overpowered cos the reduced dex wud mean they wudnt b to fast (prolly bout as fast as a pc pe mayb a smidge faster tho that is made up for by the reduced damae)

Serious_Sam
14-05-07, 19:21
bump for extra consideration.

flib
09-01-08, 11:21
I really like this idea, it would give my PE an actual purpose.

Doc Holliday
09-01-08, 12:12
i like old bumped threads :)

William Antrim
09-01-08, 13:58
No offence but back in the day bumping a thread over 6 months old with NO additional material to add to it (a la your post) got you into serious trouble with the mods.

You could've made a new thread and linked to this one. That woulda been a much classier move imo.

flib
09-01-08, 18:08
I'm not too worried about my classiness and I'm not afraid of mods.
Worst case scenario: I look like an ass and get banned. =O