PDA

View Full Version : Pistols questions.... opinions wanted.

William Antrim
25-04-07, 16:56
Pistols....

Ok, I have a pistol pe (name is in the title) and I was having some fights last night vs ppu buffed opponents and tbh I felt like all I was doing was tickling people.

This is a NON-Woc character and tbh has very little chance of reaching woc at present (i have 2 near woc chars and if im going to get a disk then its not going on this guy).

I want opinions on non-woc weapons, whats worth it and whats not? Ive got 2 full sets of Judge parts and 2 complete judges (3 and 4 slot xray and fire and force modded) and 3 Wyatt Earps (which I like but the damage output doesnt seem to be all that great).

Im currently using one of my Wyatt Earps - the name gave it away huh - but Im not sure whether i should go with Woc on this guy or what. It is my most played pvp char and I want to have some fun with him but i need some opinions.

Lastly GF soldierz and Terra-ists last night. You know who you are.

Dribble Joy
25-04-07, 17:01
Unlike rifles, pistols are utterly shafted without WoC, the wyatt is the only real single shot weapon without resorting to multiple MC5s or drugs (though you can reach the BoH with a single MC5 and no drugs - CCP, SWAT, SF, Co-Ord 3 and PA3, though no idea if the gun's any good).
All the others are burst weapons and thus are complete shit, the Judge is the worst of the lot.

William Antrim
25-04-07, 17:22
Unlike rifles, pistols are utterly shafted without WoC, the wyatt is the only real single shot weapon without resorting to multiple MC5s or drugs (though you can reach the BoH with a single MC5 and no drugs - CCP, SWAT, SF, Co-Ord 3 and PA3, though no idea if the gun's any good).
All the others are burst weapons and thus are complete shit, the Judge is the worst of the lot.

Thanks Drib, Ill give the BoH a try.

silent000
25-04-07, 17:27
Im loving the wyatt earp on my PE atm, give that a go

Dogface
25-04-07, 17:36
He's using WE at the moment, hence the name :p

I heard it was a pretty good pistol, you can get a nice setup with it since it's lowtech. Being a single shot weapon makes up for the lowtech damage, since burst weapons are fairly below average (but not useless).

Oh and the fights were fun yeah, TERRArists and soldierz started to kick off in P2 after that. Then we started on AD and found a few guys to PK, settled down after that though.

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-07, 17:54
Im still an earp PE(gasp, assman being assed to change setups again? naah) and I kinda like it.

Though I wish that they would fix burst weapons for gods sakes! I want to USE my 5slot libby!

Napalm82
25-04-07, 17:59
He's using WE at the moment, hence the name :p

I heard it was a pretty good pistol, you can get a nice setup with it since it's lowtech. Being a single shot weapon makes up for the lowtech damage, since burst weapons are fairly below average (but not useless).

Oh and the fights were fun yeah, TERRArists and soldierz started to kick off in P2 after that. Then we started on AD and found a few guys to PK, settled down after that though.

Yup, that was actually fun, even if you killed the very lowest of the AD's :D

I still got a tank with my Weasel drone tho, and some anti PE hiding.

- Napalm

unreal
25-04-07, 18:04
Rare Nailgun gangbangs whoever you're shooting, so you should get one of those. :p

Bredahl
25-04-07, 18:17
BoH is pretty good imo, have fought some BoH spys, that gave a good fight, and a BoH tank that where... pretty damn evil 8|

William Antrim
25-04-07, 18:20
Rare Nailgun gangbangs whoever you're shooting, so you should get one of those. :p

Really? Ive only seen one person use it but he/she couldnt aim so I didnt get much of a chance to see it in action.

CMaster
25-04-07, 18:45
Really? Ive only seen one person use it but he/she couldnt aim so I didnt get much of a chance to see it in action.

It stings. I wouldn't say its silly by any means but it certainly hurts. Is ANYBODY using hitech pistols on 2.2? Ok, so the occasional xbow but apart from that?

William Antrim
25-04-07, 19:55
I have tech combat specced still but using low tech pistols atm. Im considering loming to low tech though after ive tested out the BoH coz everything else looks toss.

I want them to fix my judge tbh. :mad:

ashley watts
25-04-07, 22:23
Rare nailgun and wyat earp is nice atm

SorkZmok
26-04-07, 16:25
I want my BD PE to use the Earp. It's a damn sexy gun. Just gotta get hold of a pistol SF. Stupid changes with 2.2.

:mad:

RusSki
26-04-07, 18:35
Ok i've not been around much so i wouldnt know. But wasnt kk meant to be making the none rare weapons more competitive?

Are weapons like blacksun & TEP not viable?

Dribble Joy
26-04-07, 19:24
No. Which is really annoying.

Rares and epics get a 7.5% dmg bonus (afaik).

RusSki
26-04-07, 20:47
Damn i was really hoping to make one of my PE's into a high level none rare pistol user and have TEP as a secondary weapon.

Is that the same for all none rare balistic weapons? (i.e. they are not competitive)

William Antrim
27-04-07, 14:13
Blacksun isnt bad as far as non-rare pistols go.

Dribble Joy
27-04-07, 15:13
Well it is a beam weapon....

silent000
27-04-07, 15:25
Blacksun used to be very nice but wen it got nerfed it just lacked what the wyatt earp can do rele.