PDA

View Full Version : Question About HC-Soldier Jones Weapon!

ocman1
24-04-07, 19:01
Ok was piddling around with an hc tank last night and got the Jones reward. I see it is a two slot flamer. Is this thing better to lvl with than the noob grenades or not? Knowing that it is two slotted, what should I ask to have put in it, or is it even worth it. This character levels the fastest out of all the ones I have made so far, and I am assuming it is likely due to aoe damage output from the grenades. Any insight is appreciated.

slith
24-04-07, 19:30
You'r better off with the Grenade Launcher. Flamers just aren't worth it for leveling, except maybe the TL24 Flamer.

Funny weapons in PvP though.

ocman1
24-04-07, 19:51
I'm assuming abandoned basments for mass aoe leveling?

unreal
24-04-07, 21:20
AoE isn't really worth it until you're at El Farid (a place with lots of evil fire breathing scorpions :rolleyes:) rank or higher, not to mention grenades are probably still rather bugged in regards to exploding on various surfaces. They're still fun if you've never used them before, but you'll be doing plenty of AoEing later on. I would suggest sticking with non-AoE weapons until you're able to level in a place where AoE weapons become more effective than non-AoE.

Anyway, the most important mods to use would firstly be the damage mod (as some mobs are weaker in one or more resist types compared to others), and then any damage/frequency boosting stats, to help you get more unF out of your weapon.

D31C1D3
25-04-07, 04:50
All of the jones rewards are VERY GOOD for thier TL.

But most classes level up past that TL in ~30 minutes before you are better off just climbing up the tech tree to maximise your exp points.

SorkZmok
25-04-07, 09:02
Ok was piddling around with an hc tank last night and got the Jones reward. I see it is a two slot flamer. Is this thing better to lvl with than the noob grenades or not? Knowing that it is two slotted, what should I ask to have put in it, or is it even worth it. This character levels the fastest out of all the ones I have made so far, and I am assuming it is likely due to aoe damage output from the grenades. Any insight is appreciated.
Get a good TL 19 lasercannon and a TL 40 plasma wave. Head to the outside of MB, J_01. By the ASG get on a small hill and snipe the mobs north around the bunker.

The ASG got a guard that can help you if the mobs get too close and there's plenty of space to back off. It's rather slow with the laser but once you get to the plasma wave it's great leveling. At least it was back in 2.1 but it should still be ok now.

And always get launcher cyclops heavy missions from the MB, those require 48 symp to take and give great XP for your secondary skills.

Kalonji Faya
25-04-07, 16:34
post marked for my noob HC tank ^^