PDA

View Full Version : Unprotector

[D]est
24-04-07, 08:51
I'd like to discuss the holy unprotector, which I think is too overpowerd, and is dominating in op wars too much.

PPU's unprotect spam the enemy, and their unable to out-shelt it. So it's really what team has the most unprotectors now.

Maybe the freq should be lots of slower. And if apu's get the unprotector, they'll finally be usefull again.

Lifewaster
24-04-07, 09:10
I am tending to agree that PPUS are now too infleuential....at op fights since we all got hold of this rare.

In a recent dialogue with an opponent PPU after a fight I was told "we still havent got enough PPUs"

This is also a knock-on effect from the latest PvP dmg 10% reduction and the foreign shield 5% boost discussed here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139497)

The result is ......now a OP tank "NEEDS" a ppu right behind him in order to be re-casting shields as fast as the enemy anti-buffs them, because the difference between shields/heals and no shields is now quite huge.

This leads to to much PPU influence which will eventually be the same as the bad old days....

#####

I believe some change is needed , personally I think for now unprotector should ONLY work vs self-cast shields thus it remains the weapon to kill enemy PPUS , while losing its influence vs other combatants.

So an ideal solution is "Unprotector re-sets the targets shields to foreign cast status"

(Also changing it back to APUs might be good , or at least giving it a reticle)

Brammers
24-04-07, 10:50
Overpowered? The jury is still out on this one for me. It still needs co-ordination with other people to take the target down.

One other thing to remember, the PPU can miss and anti-buff themselves.

Lifewaster
24-04-07, 10:50
Another point unmentioned is, the unprotector has no effect on nanite shields.

Recently I find many spies have been taking ppu shields instead of nanite at ops since the 30% vs all seems a better choice, but maybe this will change now.

Lifewaster
24-04-07, 10:58
Overpowered? The jury is still out on this one for me. It still needs co-ordination with other people to take the target down.

One other thing to remember, the PPU can miss and anti-buff themselves.

I see it as kinda an inverted balance issue. Not so much about taking specific ppl down , but more so about keeping ppl up.

One PPU can spam this on multiple enemies...in fact thats usually standard procedure now, fighters now can expect to be antibuffed constantly if they are a target..........where the problem lies is in the re-shielding of these key targets(or the inability to do so resulting in losing the battle)

This is where we begin again to have dedicated ppus on ppls butts whos role is simply to keep re-shielding them. And for this role, we are back at a situation where the optimal amount of PPUS is 50% of the OP team........(with one extra PPU on antibuff duty) making the majority of the team PPUs !

So you see how things may be turning out in the future.

SorkZmok
24-04-07, 11:05
It sucks how no matter what is changed, it all comes down to PPUs again.

:lol:

darkservent
24-04-07, 11:35
i agree that the frequency needs to be reduced, i mean the whole idea of giving the ppu the unprotector was to slow give them more jobs to do so they cant constantly be taking care of everyone but in this case the cast time of the unprotector is i swear about 3 seconds which is stupid. to be debuffed before you come out of the UG is stupid its worse then before. I like the idea that ppus have an antibuff but i guess if the apus got em back it would make them useful again.

Bredahl
24-04-07, 13:29
/votes for giving antibuffs back to APUs.. then they may be seen at ops again..

So: give it back to APUs and slow down the freq a bit and we would be good :D

unreal
24-04-07, 13:30
Giving an antibuff back to APU's means you have monk-o-cron all over again, as the zerg teams will re-use their insane amount of monks in order to take advantage of it, the way most OP fighting teams did with Holy Lightning for so long, because it was overpowering. The shot frequency should definitely be rather slow, the same as it was in NC2, perhaps even a bit slower. The PPU's should make the choice between keeping their friends alive, and making it easier to kill their enemy. I think it's just a matter of cast duration rather than the affects of the spell.

If the heal length was the nice length it was back in NC2, you would feel the effects of a nice gap between the PPU healing you and the PPU antibuffing someone more than ever. PPU's possibly wouldn't zerg with it as often, as they'll otherwise be busy helping keep their friends alive.

Bredahl
24-04-07, 13:34
hmm yea thats prob right.. but it seriously needs to be slowed down ALOT!

i was fighting a ppu/xbow PE team, on my PE - and the ppu fucking spammed me with unprotector, i didnt have any time to shoot because i had to get my fucking shields up all the time :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
24-04-07, 13:42
/votes for giving antibuffs back to APUs.. then they may be seen at ops again..

So: give it back to APUs and slow down the freq a bit and we would be good :D
The problem with this is that it will bring back the old APU PPU team whoring as those would again be the only ones to antibuff. We don't really want that, do we? :)

Lifewaster
24-04-07, 13:44
hmm yea thats prob right.. but it seriously needs to be slowed down ALOT!

i was fighting a ppu/xbow PE team, on my PE - and the ppu fucking spammed me with unprotector, i didnt have any time to shoot because i had to get my fucking shields up all the time :rolleyes:

Lowering the Freq would help .... BUT .... the current freq is needed to kill PPUS

If we lower the freq, PPUs will be unkillable I think. A high ATH PPU is almost unkillable without 2 Antibuffers atm.

The problem I see with the freq is when its being cast on Fighters (who havent got a personal re-shielder PPU on their butt) as they become quite disadvantaged vs the ones who do.

Thus I think adjusting it to simply lower shields to 30% instead would be a better solution, as it wouldnt effect PEs at all (and it already doesnt effect nanite spys....so theres a balance issue there also with a naniter+ppu vs a non-naniter+ppu if both ppus have antibuff)

[D]est
24-04-07, 13:49
The problem with this is that it will bring back the old APU PPU team whoring as those would again be the only ones to antibuff. We don't really want that, do we? :)

Well, apu's are pretty weak, and the dmg done by an HL or FA isnt that good. So you would still need spies and tanks as dmg dealers.

Dogface
24-04-07, 15:02
Unprotector is hugely overpowered in my opinion. For several months the only class I had for real pvp was a PPU, so I got quite used to it and I have to say there's not a single spell (not even para) that is as useful in an op fight as unprotector.

It was a good idea to remove it from APUs, since PPUs will ALWAYS be at an op fight, if you remove the necessity for APUs then this allows people to bring other classes - end monk-o-cron.

I think the problem with it now is that it's too easy to spam anyone and everyone with it all the time. It might help to increase it's psi pool cost so you could only cast it a few time's before having to wait. Doing this would (like someone earlier said) force the PPU to either screw his enemies over or help his team mates, as he won't have enough psi pool to do both. Also increasing the cast time is definitely needed.

Selendor
24-04-07, 15:21
That seems a balanced suggestion, increase its cost and slow down its cast rate.

I know people don't like it when one class becomes 'vital' for combat, but since all other classes are damage dealers it is always going to be the case that PPUs are important. Also, the benefit of this kind of combat is that teamwork and coordination go hand in hand with strong damage and aiming.

The op fighting 'buzz' which keeps people coming back is balancing these components together into a supreme fighting machine.

The other option, as mentioned, is to give it back to APUs (or PEs??). You would have to be sure that a damage dealer class that can unprotect is not as strong as other damage dealers (ie Tank, Spy).

Still, people are continually refining their combat techniques, and 2.2 is not long launched, so it may be true that PPUs will come to be too important for these fights. Basically what I'm saying is lets wait and see in the next month or so!

Bozz-Von Mel
24-04-07, 15:52
Next time you guys have an OP fight try an experiment. Set up a fight and both sides leave their PPUs out. When two guys are left standing and you cant hack the OP you will want them back....

That was mostly in jest.....

Dogface
24-04-07, 16:02
edited.

Lifewaster
24-04-07, 16:04
Still, people are continually refining their combat techniques, and 2.2 is not long launched, so it may be true that PPUs will come to be too important for these fights. Basically what I'm saying is lets wait and see in the next month or so!

Good point ,lets give some time to see how ppl can adapt I guess.

Seraphin[69]
24-04-07, 21:45
It just means the team that has the more ppu win.

Team 1 : 1 ppu
Team 2 : 2 ppus

Team 2 : 1 shield, 1 antibuff
Team 1 : OMG I need to reshield all the time I can't antibuff !

--------------

Team 1 : 6 ppus, 5 tanks, 2 PE, 1 spy
Team 2 : 2 ppus, 4 tanks, 1 PE, 3 spies

Do I have to draw the picture again ?

Anyhow that's what's happening on Terra ATM all the time ^^

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-07, 00:59
Wheres that delete ppus button....

Apocalypsox
25-04-07, 01:29
Wheres that delete ppus button....

*Points at KK HQ*

Dribble Joy
25-04-07, 02:27
APUs are weak, mainly because there's some serious issues with some of the weapons the other classes have. Namely beam and single shotweapons.

Slynis
25-04-07, 20:46
i remember in nc2.1 when everyone was whineing about ppus beeing to overpowered. then people whined about the noobbuffing. KK fixed the noobbuffing and made ppus even more powerfull and alot harder to kill. so they made it so that the ppus have alot more stuff to do. now they dont just got the defensive part to do in opfights but also got a part in the agressive one. and guys dont forget the fact that PEs and spys if i dont remember wrong got the possibility to antibuff people . its just a matter of some tweaking and they can get usefull. but one thing that is a good idea is bringing back the antibuff to apus since it would probobly make more people use them. but then u NEED a few apus in a opfight. and dont even get into a discussion that apus arent any good anymore. a buffed up apu can do a great deal of damage in a fight if the player are able to aim . as u all know the more the reticle closes up on the target the more dmg the target takes. and why do u want the frequency lowered on the antibuff ? if they lower the freq ur gonna whine about ppus having godmode again. the antibuff dont take away the heal . so its been slightly nerfed .

the way the unprotector works nowadays on a ppu is correct. they have removed holy para so that u wouldnt whine about it like u have for what 4 years now . but instead they lowered the speed for everyone in general.

Serious_Sam
25-04-07, 21:24
Whining about other people whining does not make it right!!!

Seriously though, in terms of whining, it shall always be here. If not here, then whatever forum of whatever game we might be playing.

Anyhow, on topic, i haven't experienced an anti-buff (yet anyway) but didn't see much of a problem with the way it was before. APU's had to cast it, it took almost as long a the original True Sight, and used up almost all the Psi pool.

Doc Holliday
25-04-07, 21:30
Apu is still fun. i played mine in the city raid by r2k the other night on terra. made people run away pretty quick so yes they are still viable. i have to be waaaay more careful than usual not to die ( which i failed at....... and died ) but it played like a pistol user to me. short range and must aim well to get max lock for damage but yes they do still hurt people. if a ppu cant outheal the damage then the ppu or person being healed WILL die. If you cant debuff everyone add an apu or 2 to your op team to at least counter the heal. i need to try the frostration spell out too when i can.

Sorry for slightly ot. Dont change debuff yet till its been used a bit more.

Seraphin[69]
25-04-07, 23:15
Anyhow, on topic, i haven't experienced an anti-buff (yet anyway) but didn't see much of a problem with the way it was before. APU's had to cast it, it took almost as long a the original True Sight, and used up almost all the Psi pool.

Fact is it's now (the ppu spell) a 3 or 4 seconds debuff consumming 90 mana.
That's a hell of an antibuff spam when you're the target ^^

jini
26-04-07, 06:45
']It just means the team that has the more ppu win.

Team 1 : 1 ppu
Team 2 : 2 ppus

Team 2 : 1 shield, 1 antibuff
Team 1 : OMG I need to reshield all the time I can't antibuff !

--------------

Team 1 : 6 ppus, 5 tanks, 2 PE, 1 spy
Team 2 : 2 ppus, 4 tanks, 1 PE, 3 spies

Do I have to draw the picture again ?

Anyhow that's what's happening on Terra ATM all the time ^^

The game is again VERY ppu centric. It wasnt like this on fisrst days weeks on Test server. We've been shown a ppu that all he could do basically was to buff people. HH was not powerfull, there was no unprotectors, nothing.

Since 2.2's concept is all about ballance, the ppu clearly stands ontop of all the other classes, being unkillable, at least not with anothe ppu. PE nanites debufing simply dont work, meaning the PE still misses a vital role in the field.

Clipping has become an art of running circles around objects. We should announce Tristar as the holygrail for clippers: KK have you ever tried pvp on that hill there? The hill where the hackterm is?

Thanatos
26-04-07, 11:40
We are currently evaluating some of the concerns regarding Unprotector and PPUs in general.

CMaster
26-04-07, 11:47
OK, unprotector WAS on the test server and it was pretty damn powerful. Its just that very few people really played PPUs there.

Yes, there are antibuff nanites. Spies can't use them, PE's won't use them and APUs could, except that running up to somebody and injecting them isn't really that practical. I suppose the issue isn't so much that the idea of removing shields is in itself overpowered, but that its so much easier to grab an enemy and remove all their shields than it is to rebuff them. Perhaps, as some say a return to HAB kinda times is all we need.

Also, as an aside, why do all antishield spells seem to have a swirley? my blessed antiabsorber does FFS, and it didn't use to when it was an APU spell.

netster
26-04-07, 11:58
We are currently evaluating some of the concerns regarding Unprotector and PPUs in general.
if you could PLEASE somehow NOT use the Sledgehammer like allways... it makes me allmost to cancel my accounts, when i read something like your sentence from a KK-membergroup.

Lifewaster
26-04-07, 14:57
OK, unprotector WAS on the test server and it was pretty damn powerful. Its just that very few people really played PPUs there.

True ,but on test the foreign shields were only 25% , not 30% and the 10% pvp dmg reduction hadnt been introduced.

As a result , ppl died reasonably fast regardless of whether they were actively PPU-ed or HAB-ed or not.

The problem now, I think, is that is has become possible to almost out-heal the dmg that should have killed you......eg with a Tank+PPU you can almost outheal 2 DDs now.....you couldnt before....but at the same time, if you get HAB-ed you wont outheal even a single DD , thus the influence of PPUS grew too big now (With a greater boost to both the defensiveness and offensiveness....just one or the other would be fine , but the both together becomes too much perhaps)

Dribble Joy
26-04-07, 16:03
eg with a Tank+PPU you can almost outheal 2 DDs now.....
O_o

Even two tanks with rav/creed?

jini
26-04-07, 16:57
Does it really matter DJ? They are very powerfull. He who has the most wins almost. And 2.2 wasnt supposed to be like that. Who will ever try attacking anybody with a ppu?

Dogface
26-04-07, 17:22
jini, I've decided you're the person to take on the PPU+DD teams, since having a spy with nanites means you can't get antibuffed ;)

Kierz
26-04-07, 21:26
@dogface, jini never uses nanites when there's a ppu around tho ;x

also weren't ppu's supposed to have a reticle on all offencive spells, like db and unprotector... did KK forget this?

also i think the pe antibuff tools should be the way to go, as someone said the players with antibuff should be the weakest..

my solution, make pe antibuff nanites viable, give ppu's their bloody reticles on unprotector/db and anything else that seems needs it, reduce the frequency and increase the mana cost for ppu unprotector..

also i think this 10% pvp damage reduction is totally the wrong way of doing it, it's just helped make ppu's even more nessisary, put the damage back to how it was, then increase the health pools (and if you have to increase pve damage)

unreal
26-04-07, 22:03
That's a good half solution to the antibuffing/damage boosting problem actually. Make those spells have a fairly slow reticle, and make the cast successful only if the reticle lock is at least 90% (or even 100%). That way instead of just easy spammage, they would have to take a bit of time and aim more, which makes it a bit more difficult for them to succeed, especially when there's plenty of people running about to interfere with the lock.

That's what the problem has been with those kinds of items for all these years. The ease at which they're able to be cast for the effects they make. Damage Boost doesn't take too long to cast, and when it is cast, it now lasts for minutes, which means it's also a good "I'm here, AoE me" tool to kill Stealthers. Make it more difficult to cast as a result of this? Damage Boost is one spell I've never really understood. People should deal damage according to the profession/weapons they've chosen, without having a spell unbalancing everything (albeit less effective as it was in 2.1).

CMaster
30-04-07, 01:26
OK, had a couple of opwars latley and I agree this thing is just silly. It actually removes shields faster than I can recast them...

elGringo
30-04-07, 01:31
the antibuff spam is really annoying, I agree - but - partially thanks to the godlike netcode and lagfree gameplay, it is almost impossible to kill anyone who has PAD+Heal running.

While I agree on something needs to be done about antibuff frequency & mana costs, the latter issue puts me off far greater.
Wasn't the balancing also ment to slightly reduce the impact of additional PPUs when compared to bringing additional DMG-Dealers? I don't see it.

CMaster
30-04-07, 01:35
the antibuff spam is really annoying, I agree - but - partially thanks to the godlike netcode and lagfree gameplay, it is almost impossible to kill anyone who has PAD+Heal running.

While I agree on something needs to be done about antibuff frequency & mana costs, the latter issue puts me off far greater.
Wasn't the balancing also ment to slightly reduce the impact of additional PPUs when compared to bringing additional DMG-Dealers? I don't see it.

Well. It kinda did until a combo of 3 things happened:
1. They nerfed PvP damage. This is the big one and boosted PPUs importance significantly.
2. They boosted shields. Again, helps PPUs importance, although not as much as (1)
3. Everybody started actually getting holy unprotectors.

(See, I really did argue against the damage nerf for good reason. No knee-jerk reactions here).

Brammers
30-04-07, 11:00
Ok after a weekend's worth of op-fights, the balance of opfights is clearly defined by who has PPU's with unprotector.

One fight 3 PPU's 2 Tanks on the enermy team against PPU, APU and Tank. As soon as APU, PPU zoned out, we was stripped of buffs. No point in staying up, so we zone down again for rebuffs.

I'm almost tempted to say get rid of the unprotector, make PPU's use the other anti spells. Then at least we will get some op-fights that gives us a proper fight, where the fights are defined by skill, and not who has a unprotector.

Seraphin[69]
30-04-07, 11:27
There is a weakness tho...

Just put a reticle for offensive spells for ppus, then they will remove their own shields. Don't forget the ppus we see now are mostly old apus (meaning they have no aim).

Make them miss their holy unprotector and they will be nothing more than a meat tank after removing their own shields.

That's the fastest way to kill ppus ATM : shot the one casting unprotector because he will miss eventualy

Darkana
30-04-07, 13:03
Why not have the PPUs casting Unprotector decreasing the power of their own shields at the same time? That way you get more vulnerable as a PPU casting it, so it's either playing safe or going aggro and risking your life for it. As I haven't been online for long to know about the gfx effect of this Unprotector, I hope it's visible enough to track down such PPUs.

*shrugs*

Lifewaster
30-04-07, 13:13
Why not have the PPUs casting Unprotector decreasing the power of their own shields at the same time? That way you get more vulnerable as a PPU casting it, so it's either playing safe or going aggro and risking your life for it. As I haven't been online for long to know about the gfx effect of this Unprotector, I hope it's visible enough to track down such PPUs.

*shrugs*

Naw, it would make no diff........ the "disadvantage" of accidently de-buffing yourself as a PPU is already meaningless , there is no vulnerability considering your not a target anyway.....but if you do get targeted.....you can just reshield before you've lost more then 20% hlt.

Of course if you are a target then theres 2-3 enemy ppus debuffing you already........so again its irrelevent ^^

(My PPU is unshielded 90% of the time now at OPs.....either by my own miss-casting or due to surplus enemy DEbuff spam....and most times its more important to reshield friendly DDs then bother with myself, unless theres a revenge about)

silent000
30-04-07, 13:19
Just remove the damn thing imo

Darkana
30-04-07, 13:42
but if you do get targeted.....you can just reshield before you've lost more then 20% hlt.
The basic idea is to enforce a behaviour. You are either playing defensive, supporting others, or you are going aggressive by messing with your enemies. For that you should more or less exclude each way, and you should prevent fast switching between these styles as well, i.e. blocking the cast of shields/Unprotector only after some timeout after the last cast of Unprotector/shields, respective. You could even argue if blocking shields also includes blocking foreign shield casts for that time.

CMaster
30-04-07, 14:00
As I haven't been online for long to know about the gfx effect of this Unprotector, I hope it's visible enough to track down such PPUs.

*shrugs*

Pretty minimal. looks just like any other spell. The give away is the swirley (which ALL antibuffs have - even my blessed antiabsorber...) and the classic "HAIL!" noise (like DB).

Selendor
30-04-07, 14:56
Yes you can read it by the sound and swirly quite easily during a fight.

Having played some more, I think it needs to have its cast time and mana cost increased, because its getting spammed during fights. However, removing it is a really bad idea because PPUs like me will be pretty much unkillable.

I say, give it to the APUs, along with a greater expense to cast (which is of course how it was in Neocron 2.1!). You just have to be sure that Tanks remain useful enough to prevent Monkocron happening again, so keep the APUs damage or defense below the tanks.

Alternatively you could split the spell up so it only debuffs specific shields, but again, that makes it harder to kill PPUs. What a conundrum! As Cmaster says, the damage nerf to all weapons has brought the PPU to the fore again.

William Antrim
30-04-07, 15:55
Alternatively you could split the spell up so it only debuffs specific shields, but again, that makes it harder to kill PPUs. What a conundrum! As Cmaster says, the damage nerf to all weapons has brought the PPU to the fore again.

If it removes certain buffs all you would need to do is make sure you bring the right weapons in your team to hit hard when the buff has been taken down.

APUs I guess would be a viable "partner" with the ppu to do this. PPu debuffs, apu pounds the guy into the floor. In theory at least it works.

This is a logical balancing idea and its well worth discussing further imo.

Okran
30-04-07, 16:55
Well thats the way I would want it to work - PPU debuffs and APU smites 'em down. The PPU then has to make that choice of de-buffing enemies or buffing allies.

Lifewaster
30-04-07, 18:18
The proposal to have the PPU choose between offense or defense is interesting, but I dont see it workable.......this choice was already supposed to be made when choosing APU or PPU.

So we are back with the issue of who should have HAB again, the APU or PPU....?

Perhaps the PPU has too much defense to be allowed this power.....while the APU has too much offense to be allowed it.

So who could we give it to ?

So perhaps there is another solution.........give it to hybrids instead of APU or PPU ^^ ie: Put APU+PPU reqs on it

Hybrid offense is at best 50% that of any other DD , thus the ability to strip 30% shields would be the least overpowering on this class....and at the same time their defense is no better then a foreign buffed apu.

......Maybe this is just lunacy though o.O

Dogface
30-04-07, 18:35
removing it is a really bad idea because PPUs like me will be pretty much unkillable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Any PPU will be pretty much unkillable providing they a minimal idea of what WASD and their heal/shields do..

unreal
30-04-07, 19:11
Bring on Exotic Psi Use is all I can say. That way a pure PPU or a pure APU can't use those spells and instead the EPU would be equivalent of a "support" profession. So basically they're a sort of Monk equivalent of a meatsack but with useful spells up their sleeve. Hopefully Damage Boost and other similair "effect" type spells could be switched to EPU as well.

That way it makes the ability to use these unbalancing spells a more even playing field. Even more so if the length of heals and such are reverted back to their good old shorter duration. This means a PPU still has plenty to do. You could either choose to kill the damage dealers, or kill the enemy EPU's that are giving your enemies the advantage.

I wonder what people would think if I suggested Ressurrection should be EPU instead of PPU? :cool: That would be one truly great change IMO. People might decide to take death not so seriously anymore if their non-godlike rezzers are killed just as easily as anyone else, and they often have to GR out like the rest of us because of it. There should be risk involved with being able to bring someone back to life with none of the penalties you receive when GRing out.

On the other hand, there could be two versions of the spell. The EPU would contain all the current Ressurrection spells, and there would be the PPU duplicates which take at least three times as long to finish casting.

I've always hated how Ressurrection gives you an extreme advantage over someone who plays without a buttplugg. No implants pop, and therefore no damage involved, plus no SI and your belt is often picked up immediately by the PPU because they're teamed. I think this is something that should be paid attention to with the balancing.

Err, anyway, sorry for going a bit off-topic there.

silent000
30-04-07, 19:53
Bring on Exotic Psi Use is all I can say. That way a pure PPU or a pure APU can't use those spells and instead the EPU would be equivalent of a "support" profession. So basically they're a sort of Monk equivalent of a meatsack but with useful spells up their sleeve. Hopefully Damage Boost and other similair "effect" type spells could be switched to EPU as well.

That way it makes the ability to use these unbalancing spells a more even playing field. Even more so if the length of heals and such are reverted back to their good old shorter duration. This means a PPU still has plenty to do. You could either choose to kill the damage dealers, or kill the enemy EPU's that are giving your enemies the advantage.

I wonder what people would think if I suggested Ressurrection should be EPU instead of PPU? :cool: That would be one truly great change IMO. People might decide to take death not so seriously anymore if their non-godlike rezzers are killed just as easily as anyone else, and they often have to GR out like the rest of us because of it. There should be risk involved with being able to bring someone back to life with none of the penalties you receive when GRing out.

On the other hand, there could be two versions of the spell. The EPU would contain all the current Ressurrection spells, and there would be the PPU duplicates which take at least three times as long to finish casting.

I've always hated how Ressurrection gives you an extreme advantage over someone who plays without a buttplugg. No implants pop, and therefore no damage involved, plus no SI and your belt is often picked up immediately by the PPU because they're teamed. I think this is something that should be paid attention to with the balancing.

Err, anyway, sorry for going a bit off-topic there.

I aggree with everything you said here, i would like them also to have different colord PAs if this were to come into affect so they are easily pointed out.

Brings more tactics to OP wars also.

Asurmen Spec Op
30-04-07, 22:31
up damage 10%, lower PPU sheilds 10%

we go the oposite direction of that last move, see what happens :D

ashley watts
30-04-07, 23:54
I think HAB should take much longer to cast at least or give it a nice fat reticle like a droners :p

Kierz
01-05-07, 13:50
So who could we give it to ?

So perhaps there is another solution.........give it to hybrids instead of APU or PPU ^^ ie: Put APU+PPU reqs on itno, the solution is just take antibuff away from monks and make the nanite antibuff (pe's) more usefull (apparently it needs melee range - which with the netcode ofc is pretty gay :p)

up damage 10%, lower PPU sheilds 10%

we go the oposite direction of that last move, see what happens :Dand increase health pools by 20-50% ?

Brammers
01-05-07, 14:06
EPU - I know that was discussed at balancing, and the main reason I didn't like it, was because we would need more monks at a fight.

The problem with op-fights, if one side brings more PPU's/EPU's that side is most likely going to win.

Right now, I don't think 2.2 solved all the PPU issues. The more I think about it, the more I think PPU's need a complete re-design.

Back on the subject of the Unprotector. How about we change it's effect? Instead of stripping the shields completely, it cut's down the shields time to 5 seconds remaining. So this gives the anti-buffed person 5 seconds to find his PPU and get rebuffed, before he is totally unshielded

SorkZmok
01-05-07, 14:11
Increase frequency a little, mana use A LOT and give it the old animation back. There's no chance to see you're getting antibuffed in an opfight.

And lower ppu shields again. Without another PPU you can not take them down anymore. :(

Seraphin[69]
01-05-07, 15:39
Increase frequency a little, mana use A LOT and give it the old animation back. There's no chance to see you're getting antibuffed in an opfight.

It will remove the hab spamming that way.
KK removed the fact you needed staminas to cast spells but yet forgot to increase the PSI usage of it !

[D]est
01-05-07, 22:25
I've noticed that its pretty hard to kill enemy's with shelts and ppu healing, especialy when they're clipping like madness when their almost dead.
If the antibuff gets reduced, the 10% more dmg and 5% shelt should be back.

Asurmen Spec Op
02-05-07, 02:41
est']I've noticed that its pretty hard to kill enemy's with shelts and ppu healing, especialy when they're clipping like madness when their almost dead.
If the antibuff gets reduced, the 10% more dmg and 5% shelt should be back.
they should never have gone, PPUs were supposed to be lessened as a req for PVP

spikeownzu
02-05-07, 11:48
as it is, it does't seem as bad as i thought it would be

the unprotector maybe should be a little slower, but thats all

the problem is the fucking clipping!

[D]est
02-05-07, 19:42
yeah its damn hard to finish off somebody, cus hes clipping around the gogu, a tree or whatever.