PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Upgrage Costs

darkservent
22-04-07, 17:27
Would KK allow these costs for old vets that havnt played since the NC2 release to slide...i mean thats what in my opinion is still stopping some people from playing. I personaly am a poor ass student and even tho the free trial was buggy as hell i still have the NC jeepers wen im not doin my work but i know i cant just reactivate one account, if i wana play id have to do both but thats just gona cost too much plus adding the monthly of two accounts will be a little over £60. I dont mean to be an ass by saying this but i think its time to realise this game needs the players more then the players need the game so help us poor students out and let it slide.

unreal
22-04-07, 18:36
I've just been speaking about this to someone as well. A couple of the people completely new to Neocron and won some of the free gametime from the Xfire Chat Event don't have a job as they're students or something along those lines, one of them being Australian where the prices already seem quite steep to him. They've both said this initial fee has put them off, so clearly it's affected many other unheard potential customers as well.

It seems logical to remove this fee for everyone, not just NC1 accounts alone, as it appears to affect a fair amount of other people too. It would also generate more profit in the long run if people end up subscribing and getting the Neocrack. The trial account length should be increased too IMO. A week or so (10 days is it?) isn't really enough time to experience most things that make you want to continue playing Neocron (ie. PvP, other things).

darkservent
22-04-07, 18:41
totally agree with the last part aswell because u need more then 10 days to get in to the game i say a 2 - 3 weeks atleast even a month maybe.

Matanius
22-04-07, 19:15
Well I don't know what it's like to d/l but i got a 30-day free trial in a box from PC World (UK) for £1, purely by chance I might add! lol

unreal
22-04-07, 19:22
Yeah, but that's exclusively obtained from buying the CD which most people can't even get hold of, especially locations outside Europe such as Australia, Canada, and America.

darkservent
22-04-07, 19:29
Well I don't know what it's like to d/l but i got a 30-day free trial in a box from PC World (UK) for £1, purely by chance I might add! lol

haha yeh yr lucky...im gona go and see if i can find that 2 it would be nice to do that so i can do a shit loda noob missions for the quad, pe stealth and tl10 heal

Necpock
22-04-07, 19:51
I think 10 days is sufficient. And paypal is a few quid cheaper then click2pay.

darkservent
22-04-07, 20:00
I think 10 days is sufficient. And paypal is a few quid cheaper then click2pay.

its not bout the monthly its about the upgrade and how is 10days sufficient u cant do squat in 10 days coz you wont get the real NC feel untill youve seen everything, most noobs will spend 15 days in the sewers before they realise wat they can do...hell i spent about a month in there wen i first started

Necpock
22-04-07, 20:37
When i started, 3 days got me hooked :P But then again, when I started, there were helpfull people playing :s

darkservent
22-04-07, 20:42
When i started, 3 days got me hooked :P But then again, when I started, there were helpfull people playing :s

exactly.....plus the game was much easier back then now its quite complex. I remeber back then it was about killing plants and selling lom pills they droped

st0rmkr0w
22-04-07, 21:17
Just do what I did - purchase the game off ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/2h8prt
(direct link to auction by startupsoftware, which is a good company btw)

Cost me around 10 USD shipped (around £5.35), and it arrived in a timely fashion. Sure, it's a hassle to have to purchase through a third party, but you've saved yourself a considerable amount of funds doing it this way.

darkservent
22-04-07, 21:24
but does it not cost to transfer chars over to the new serial. that only works when you start fresh chars dosnt it?

st0rmkr0w
22-04-07, 21:40
Ah, I didn't think of that. A friend of mine had some old NC1 chars transferred to his new account for no cost at all. He purchased the box off ebay just like I had, and just emailed account@neocron.com about it. But yeah, not sure about original NC2 accounts.

darkservent
22-04-07, 21:51
the chars are already transferd over, what happened was back when nc2 was released the first month was free so every 1 transfered their chars over from nc1 but the month after everyone had to pay for the upgrades but i stopped playing because i run out of cash. so now everytime theres bn a freetime ive played but i know now if i reactivate i have to pay about wat £20ish for each account and then a months play time.

Rambus
22-04-07, 23:04
@st0rmkr0w
I was able to get the game for 2 pounds, and forgo shipping and handling by requesting the CD key be emailed to me.
So about 4 USD in total, and it took about 5 hours for the seller to get me the key.

st0rmkr0w
23-04-07, 02:34
Oh really? Was it from the same merchant? I have a few friends that are planning to buy the game, and this would persuade them more to join.

a4nic8er
23-04-07, 04:06
Google is your friend....

U.K. £4.99 (http://wolvesempire.goodbb.net/General-Discussions-c1/How-to-Guide-f14/Attacking-Nature-warning-p2311.htm#2311)

Australia (Neocron1?) $8.00 (http://www.mindgames.com.au/T-ISTOCK.DAT) (search that page for "Neocron") & see www.mindgames.com.au (http://www.mindgames.com.au) for store locations.

Australia ebay Neocron search (http://videogames.search.ebay.com.au/neocron_PC-Video-Games). At least 1 Neocron2 box available there.

Sorry, couldn't find any U.S. links, I think all the remaining boxes are in bargain bins (where they have been seen for as little as $1).

Rambus
23-04-07, 08:12
Edit, A mistake

naimex
23-04-07, 09:07
... 60 pounds per month... for 2 accounts...

Surely you mean 60 pounds every 3 months for 2 accounts.

60 pounds per month is about 7-8 % of my total income a month..

I'm paying for this currently, and i'm no social benefits (well a sort of it anyways).

-Payback on Car
-Gas for car
-Internet
-Satellite TV
-a WoW account
-a neocron account
-my cellphone use

... some random enjoyment expenses, aswell a part of the phonebill on the regular phone.

That feeble price to play a game like this, is nothing compared to all the other expenses.

Hell, if I go drinking it cost me as much in 1 evening as the gas price per month on the car.

(price of gas is about 10 kr per liter, or 1 pound per liter).

... so if you can't find those 16 euros or whatever to play this game, then either you truely are poor, or you prioritize your expenses with something else being more important to you.

If a thing, really is important to you, you find a way to pay for it.

Atleast I do, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

CMaster
23-04-07, 11:38
... 60 pounds per month... for 2 accounts...

Surely you mean 60 pounds every 3 months for 2 accounts.

No, he means for the first month. - Liscence fee that KK charge.

darkservent
23-04-07, 12:04
No, he means for the first month. - Liscence fee that KK charge.

yep exactly