PDA

View Full Version : nanite shields vs psi shields

Okran
20-04-07, 16:44
Using the TL100 nanite tool, I'm wondering whether as a Spy is it worth using nanites (3x single shot) instead of self cast psi-shields? Or possibly both...

Has anyone done any testing into this already before I waste my precious little time to try to find this out? :confused:

Safunte
20-04-07, 17:09
you cant use both... but tl 100 nanites are definitely better than the 2 selfcast buffs... or the 3rd that you'd have to drug for.

Archtemplar
20-04-07, 17:09
Do nanite shields get 'damaged' like psi ones do?

Lifewaster
20-04-07, 19:42
TL 100 nanites give approx 7.5% shield per shot......however there is a shield cap of 35% , thus 4-5 shots is the most you should use of a single type.

At 12.5 overload per shot, thats 8 shots untill 100 overload

Thus most spies will use 4 pierce + 4 energy for a 30% shield vs both for general pvp. (whilst for PvE you can adjust to the mob dmg type)

Self cast psi shields on a spy would be just 5-6% vs fire/poison/force/pierce , with no energy/xray at all......so theres almost no contest between psi vs nanite shields for a spy.

Okran
20-04-07, 22:04
Thanks I think that just about covers it...

Although I've done some test with regards to piercing nanites in particular and I used 3 single shots and I took the same amount of damage using 4 and even 5 single shots. I was using a shop bought TL100 one modded for single shot piercing nanites and was shot a close range in the body by the Reaper.

One last thing, do the % stats on the tool make any difference to how the tool is used? In other words, does a shop bought tool do exactly the same as a capped stats tool?

Safunte
21-04-07, 06:30
Thanks I think that just about covers it...

Although I've done some test with regards to piercing nanites in particular and I used 3 single shots and I took the same amount of damage using 4 and even 5 single shots. I was using a shop bought TL100 one modded for single shot piercing nanites and was shot a close range in the body by the Reaper.

One last thing, do the % stats on the tool make any difference to how the tool is used? In other words, does a shop bought tool do exactly the same as a capped stats tool?

this test might have had something to do with spies generally having alot of pierce resist