PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on gliders

Matanius
19-04-07, 18:29
Hello there ppl! I'm looking to get a glider (or two :P) and was wondering whether there is a glider that has driver/gunner NOT driver/bomber? If so, which one is it?

Of course i've checked THN (my best friend :P) but the vehicle guide hasn't been updated and the bit on vehicles in the Item DB only tells you the reqs, not whether it has a bomb or gun.

If anyone out there knows about ALL the gliders and could give some quick info that would be great.

Thanks in advance

CMaster
19-04-07, 18:36
The infromation about how the vehicles ar armed iin the vhc guide is still accurate. The new gliders, the observer is a 2 seatehr completely unarmed, the Air Guard features a 7.62mm gun. none of the gliders have a driver/bomber seat.

Matanius
19-04-07, 19:27
hmmm...i think I'm not understanding you or you haven't understood me lol.

I'm looking for a glider that has two seats, one for driver and one for a gunner. So would that be an Air Guard?

I know the DoY Assault Glider has reqs for a driver and gunner, but does that use a gun or bombs?

CMaster
19-04-07, 19:43
Ah no. The tail seat in both the Advanced and the Advanced Assault both drop bombs. Its the pilot seat that has guns (on assault, advanced assault and air guard). Remember these days there are no int reqs, so its very easy to have a tank drive and gun anything.

If you want a flying vehicle with a big gun on, then its the DoY carrier or DoY bomber you want.

Matanius
19-04-07, 20:50
well i wanted a glider (i'm a spy) and have a tank friend who i was hoping cud gun it for me. Oh well, so any recommendations for a glider (or two) then?

Brammers
20-04-07, 00:02
Erm this one should suit you

DoY Advanced Scout Glider - Pilot VHC:45 Gunner: STR:98 H‑C:114

I think that one drops bombs - I'll check for you a sec.

Edit: Ok the key doesn't list the ammo it uses.

2nd Edit: Shameless plug - 70k from Phoenix Ltd, and one built ready for you! ;)

Matanius
20-04-07, 02:06
Lol, I've just bought a DoY Advanced Scout, an Observer and an Airguard :D

And I bought them from Phoenix Brammers :P

Don't know what ammo the DoY Scout uses as I haven't found anyone to test it out with yet.

Thanks guys.

Eneco
20-04-07, 02:31
just a bit about the glider, be very careful with it, because it doesnt take much to blow it up, even bumping into things really hurts it. (or my air guard anyway)

Brammers
20-04-07, 02:48
Lol, I've just bought a DoY Advanced Scout, an Observer and an Airguard :D

And I bought them from Phoenix Brammers :P

Don't know what ammo the DoY Scout uses as I haven't found anyone to test it out with yet.

Thanks guys.

No problem, as for ammo try the 20mm Ammo or the bombs.

just a bit about the glider, be very careful with it, because it doesnt take much to blow it up, even bumping into things really hurts it. (or my air guard anyway)

Unfortunatly this is true for any glider. Stay clear of anything that pokes up from the ground, including the deadly ASG garages.

Napalm82
20-04-07, 08:10
I'd also like to thank Phoenix for my new flying Behemoths, couldnt stand the thought of Matan showing off his new gliders :lol:

But i wouldnt have thought them to be so hard to fly.

- Napalm

zii
20-04-07, 10:54
I would like to know how to fly these kites. A long time ago I specced for VHC, and started up a glider but I could never work out how to get off the ground.
I could go horizontally, but I was vertically challenged.

Which keys make me fly?

Matanius
20-04-07, 11:18
He he, those things are fecking HUGE!

I also have to say that flying is ADDICTIVE and stupidly fun!

Was just thinking, there must be someone thinking about organizing some glider rallies somewhere surely? These things are too much fun to not have one!

I think a 'Last Man Standing' Airgurad Dogfight would be wicked! Does anyone know if there are any plans in the pipeline for this sorta thing? If so, i'll gladly help out (if i can that is).

Matanius
20-04-07, 11:23
I would like to know how to fly these kites. A long time ago I specced for VHC, and started up a glider but I could never work out how to get off the ground.
I could go horizontally, but I was vertically challenged.

Which keys make me fly?

I had to ask Napalm about this when i bought mine (as he was with me at the time). You go forward (as if driving a chaincraft say) and go full speed into a steep bump, then pull up (by pointing you camera skywards).

They still aren't easy to fly at first, but this is how you do it.

CMaster
20-04-07, 11:30
He he, those things are fecking HUGE!

I also have to say that flying is ADDICTIVE and stupidly fun!

Was just thinking, there must be someone thinking about organizing some glider rallies somewhere surely? These things are too much fun to not have one!

I think a 'Last Man Standing' Airgurad Dogfight would be wicked! Does anyone know if there are any plans in the pipeline for this sorta thing? If so, i'll gladly help out (if i can that is).

I organised the Neocron Race Championships last summer including a variety of events. Tried a dogfight when 2.2 came out though and it didn't work out very well (Air Guard s Assault) - the only damage we did to each other was when we collided. For everything else the dodgy netcode and SLOOOOW reticles made it impossible.

Matanius
20-04-07, 11:35
Hmmmm....that's harsh. Well even if it didn't all work out are there any plans to do another one? With all types of vehicles?

CMaster
20-04-07, 12:46
Hmmmm....that's harsh. Well even if it didn't all work out are there any plans to do another one? With all types of vehicles?

http://www.lsmtb.co.uk/NCRace
Was the site. The whole thing went pretty well, although I'd do it a touch diferently if it was to happen again. Thing is I'd kinda like to compete really. If it does happen again it will be in the summer/autmumn again I guess.

OH wow, it was actualy like 18 months ago now...

zii
20-04-07, 15:33
...go full speed into a steep bump, then pull up (by pointing you camera skywards).

You are kidding are you not? I expect to up and then fall back into the land.

To land does one do to the same in reverse: Aim for the land at high speed and pull up at the last moment?

I'm unsure if I really want to try this flying lesson.

Brammers
20-04-07, 17:16

To land does one do to the same in reverse: Aim for the land at high speed and pull up at the last moment?

Well if you fancy paying for a new glider, the aim for the land at high speed works pretty well! :p

Fly fiarly slowly and bring the glider down gently, like if you was flying a real plane.

Napalm82
20-04-07, 17:58

Tis true, like hanggliding you need to throw it out from a mountain or the like, but since it has them big ol' motors a small bump in the road or a small hill can be enough, when you pull up do it forcefully so it'll take off the ground and quickly level out the camera or you'll stall (*Ahem* Matan)

Ladning is fairly easy, just glide down towards the ground and press back if you need to drop some altitude.

Your worst enemies are trees and the spikes on OPs ASG's and the like, also remember that theres a max altitude and if you reach it i heard you can get stuck, what people would do all the way up there i dont know, they cant see the ground from up the i think.

- Napalm

William Antrim
20-04-07, 19:51
Your worst enemies are trees and the spikes on OPs ASG's and the like, also remember that theres a max altitude and if you reach it i heard you can get stuck, what people would do all the way up there i dont know, they cant see the ground from up the i think.

- Napalm

Parachute like the Syndicate Parachuting Acrobatics team used to or SPAs's for short. :lol: