PDA

View Full Version : OK guys friend wants to play droner. What do I tell him?

ocman1
19-04-07, 14:55
Hi guys. My friend is wanting to join us and he wants to play a droner badly. I know all noob drones are bugged and all the lower tl ones are just as bad. When do they start acting right and what is the preferred way to level as a droner when the drones are busted? Any insight would be great. He wants to try it out but I told him that droners are kind of busted a lower levels due to bugs. Please advise.

Carnage
19-04-07, 15:00
LowLevel Drones got a boost on aiming with the last patch.
But dont forget you have to skill some skillpoints on High Tech Combat, to enhance the droneaiming.

nabbl
19-04-07, 15:47
lowlevel drones work fine for me... just tested it with my brandnew spy :)

ocman1
19-04-07, 17:48
So now my question would be which ones (in order of tl) should he be using? So I can coach him in the right direction.

Dribble Joy
19-04-07, 17:56
Just climb the TL ladder.

Huzzah (http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/drones).

HEW should sell them.

[F6]Knight
19-04-07, 18:04
if he can find some decent hunting spots with multiple mobs near each other it would be wise to use RK, RG or FC drones as they are aoe and will lvl him faster.
also tell him to find a researcher and constructer to get 5-10 bp's of the drones he ll be using and get them build with the new capped buildstats (99% i think)
those will be a lot better than the 80% drones you buy in shops.

Doc Holliday
19-04-07, 18:04
tell him no. LOL.

naw im kidding. tell him what dj said.

Nullvoid
19-04-07, 18:58
When he's ready, and assuming he'll be pro-city, tell him to grab some aoe drones (the first is tl 27) and head to the very bottom level of the sewer nearish to the pepper park 3 gr. You'll find a spider queen who spawns big spiders endlessly, who in turn spawn swarms of smaller ones. If you can get into a safespot, it is just an experience collecting frenzy down there. I've levelled a droner that way and he was up at like 65int/dex before I'd even had to leave the city.

William Antrim
19-04-07, 19:57
When he's ready, and assuming he'll be pro-city, tell him to grab some aoe drones (the first is tl 27) and head to the very bottom level of the sewer nearish to the pepper park 3 gr. You'll find a spider queen who spawns big spiders endlessly, who in turn spawn swarms of smaller ones. If you can get into a safespot, it is just an experience collecting frenzy down there. I've levelled a droner that way and he was up at like 65int/dex before I'd even had to leave the city.

Pepper Park 1 has one as well (behind a pillar on the left hand side of the Neofrag 2 entrance before you get to the Subway exit), its hard to find but its worth using as a nooby.

In fact Pepper park is awesome for levelling noobs full stop.

D31C1D3
19-04-07, 20:00
Tell him to pick Tangent as starting rep too. He should get an apartment in via rosso 3 right next to the HEW and subway. Very convenient.