PDA

View Full Version : APU defence questions

zii
18-04-07, 12:06
Aloha,

I have just set up my monk. I thought I'd be a pure apu now.

However, I am trying to understand how I ought to spec out defence for the apu. Are there any nanite based tools it could use for shields/buffs/heal etc that are viable? I cannot loose TC other said apu would crawl instead of bounce around.

Also, what ought to be an APU's CON set-up as a guideline? Hints, please?

rgds, z.

CMaster
18-04-07, 12:11
Aloha,

I have just set up my monk. I thought I'd be a pure apu now.

However, I am trying to understand how I ought to spec out defence for the apu. Are there any nanite based tools it could use for shields/buffs/heal etc that are viable? I cannot loose TC other said apu would crawl instead of bounce around.

Also, what ought to be an APU's CON set-up as a guideline? Hints, please?

rgds, z.

Ultimatley, you want reasonably balanced resists - look around, there are threads about the influence of con and armour. The only shield-giving nanite tools require TC, so as said they are out unless you want to crawl. You can however use the CIT nanites, supposedly deigned for PEs but with reqs that suit monks far better. With these you can remove negative status/stacks and antibuff people. As will all classes, you probably want to consider resistance chips.

zii
18-04-07, 12:25
Is psi resist being used now? I have a level 3 chip knocking around.

CMaster
18-04-07, 12:29
Is psi resist being used now? I have a level 3 chip knocking around.

It reduces damage from psi sources.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139276

zii
18-04-07, 12:47
Since the ppr is not as good as it was, what other alternative chips are there now?

ps. thanks for the link to the psr research.

CMaster
18-04-07, 12:51
Since the ppr is not as good as it was, what other alternative chips are there now?

ps. thanks for the link to the psr research.

Well, you got the FF, NCPD and whatever the merc one is. They all give less total points than the PPR, but in different places, so all worthh considering. Also in some cases boosting str can have a reasonable resist boost cos of the armour you get - but I can't see that applying to an APU who has nice energy/xray armour to wear in most slots, then a full choice of int and psi based all-overs. Also, get a nanite heal tool. Its not much but togehter with survival kits it helps.
Whatever you do though, your APU isn't going to be very tough.

zii
18-04-07, 14:06
Whatever I do, my monk will die from one blast of anything.