PDA

View Full Version : LE clans.....

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 08:04
hey, ReaKKtor, plz make an ability to make NOT PvP clans!!
many ppl`s are don`t like PvP they like PvM, so it`s will be greate.....

p.s. and plz, old players, STOP whining! it`s NOT ONLY PvP game !! :mad:

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 08:21
Actually, i'm not that much against this idea anymore.

Those people who really want pve clans can't pvp anyway. At least usually. And ganking a half dead guy while he is leveling isn't really my cup of tea.

I'm more annoyed (especially now with the free implanting of the LE, nice fuck up KK :mad: ) by pvp orientated people that have an LEd tradeskiller or rare hunter or just to level. This shouldnt be. Fucking sissies.

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 08:26
thx ) but, now LE chips turned back again.... so if you **/31 - you can`t implant them back.... :(

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 08:34
thx ) but, now LE chips turned back again.... so if you **/31 - you can`t implant them back.... :(
Yes but for some time evereyone could reimplant the LE and i'm pretty damn sure quite a few people did this to their highlevel or even capped characters just to make sure they can level/tradeskill/whatever safely. This sucks.

CritiNator
18-04-07, 08:34
Not good idea. We dont need more LE'd players. Theres simply not enought players. Im 100% sure, that if clan with LE would be possible, then they could go and take all the ops and keep em, becouse you cant attack LE guy, but becouse some wierd bug, they could and take ops also. ( Would that be hard to imagine? ;D )

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 08:39
Not good idea. We dont need more LE'd players. Theres simply not enought players. Im 100% sure, that if clan with LE would be possible, then they could go and take all the ops and keep em, becouse you cant attack LE guy, but becouse some wierd bug, they could and take ops also. ( Would that be hard to imagine? ;D )

Bullshit! LE can`t take OP, and, ReaKKtor, can also delet this ability )) We don`t need OP`s ))

Dogface
18-04-07, 08:56
We don`t need OP`s

No but we need populations o_O

Napalm82
18-04-07, 09:06
I like the idea of LE clans, could be fun to make a trader clan of LE's or an RP clan.

Sometimes its just fun to take a lot of low level LE people and hunt somewhere you really shouldnt and not be afraid of higher people killing you, so go LE clans :lol:

I believe a question like this was asked in the Xfire chat and answered with a "We're looking into that posibility"

- Napalm

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 09:42
What if KK allowed LE clans but then would disable LEs in warzones?

Though this would divide the pve and pvp people even more. And the population already is low. :(

naimex
18-04-07, 09:55

Though this would divide the pve and pvp people even more. And the population already is low. :(

... totally exploitable.

LE droner, standing at zoneline.

Zones into warzone, BAM un-le'd drone drone drone bam bam bam dead op, hackers unstealth hack hack hack, op taken.

droner gets spotted?

no problem, stealth zone the 2 meters into wasteland sector, le'd and safe.

So DEFINITELY not a viable solution.

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 10:17
... totally exploitable.

LE droner, standing at zoneline.

Zones into warzone, BAM un-le'd drone drone drone bam bam bam dead op, hackers unstealth hack hack hack, op taken.

droner gets spotted?

no problem, stealth zone the 2 meters into wasteland sector, le'd and safe.

So DEFINITELY not a viable solution.
Hah, seems i haven't really thought this through. Shit idea. :lol:

Brammers
18-04-07, 11:12
This was in the X-Fire dev chat (http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/interviews/xfire-chat-with-the-dev.html) a few weeks ago.

[20:54] [KK] SnowCrash: LebenOjanen: Will you ever lift the LE removal requirement from private clans? Ex to form a non-pvp Roleplaying group.
We had this topic on the desk already to evaluate the consequences of removing this rule. Though there would have to be additional rules to avoid abuse in terms of PvP. We will definately bring up this topic for a further game update.

All you need for a LE'ed clan is the same things that clans can do is, except no PvP, no opfights, and no access to the clan wars function on clanadmin.

Burninghead
18-04-07, 11:52
Although my chars are still LEd, I really think this is a bad idea.
LEd clans won't be able to take OPs but will still get the bonus from an OP taken by a friendly clan. Access to tradeskilling facilities without the risk any other clan would normally take. And what if a PvP clan decides to make a clan of LEd tradeskiller alts ?

Rare parts, WoC disk and any other form of hunting in large clan teams without any risk of encountering enemies. The hunting spots would end up camped by these teams 24/7. After a while the whole rare market would be cornered by these LEd clan.

I may be pessimistic but I do think that if you want to kill the game's economy, LEd clan is the way to go.

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 11:52

Bad idea, about WarZones.... it will be a greate exploit then ^^

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 12:05
Although my chars are still LEd, I really think this is a bad idea.
LEd clans won't be able to take OPs but will still get the bonus from an OP taken by a friendly clan. Access to tradeskilling facilities without the risk any other clan would normally take. And what if a PvP clan decides to make a clan of LEd tradeskiller alts ?

Rare parts, WoC disk and any other form of hunting in large clan teams without any risk of encountering enemies. The hunting spots would end up camped by these teams 24/7. After a while the whole rare market would be cornered by these LEd clan.

I may be pessimistic but I do think that if you want to kill the game's economy, LEd clan is the way to go.

oh, REALY ?!?? and what can you say about 10-15 clanmembers, farming something like ceres lab ??
LE`d clan- is same! (don`t wanna talk who is it.... ;) )
and also, economy of game is very low now not from LE`d ppl`s and cuz of Extremaly High drop rate of rares ( but a litle compensation of quantity of them ); and i think cuz of some existing from birth of Neocron.... (or it`s not a bugs !??)

Ç.Û.: LE`d clan - is for PPL`s who DON`T LIKE PVP

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 12:10
This was in the X-Fire dev chat (http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/interviews/xfire-chat-with-the-dev.html) a few weeks ago.

All you need for a LE'ed clan is the same things that clans can do is, except no PvP, no opfights, and no access to the clan wars function on clanadmin.

Yes, I heard something about it. I hoped that in a new patch it will be.... But... :(

In fact it is valid, the idea only became more actual in EVO 2.2

CritiNator
18-04-07, 12:11
Bullshit! LE can`t take OP, and, ReaKKtor, can also delet this ability )) We don`t need OP`s ))
Oh really? It was just few days ago, when LE'd could KILL anyone. In Neocron, anything is possible.

Bredahl
18-04-07, 12:16
oh, REALY ?!?? and what can you say about 10-15 clanmembers, farming something like ceres lab ??
and also, economy of game is very low now not from LE`d ppl`s and cuz of Extremaly High drop rate of rares ( but a litle compensation of quantity of them ); and i think cuz of some existing from birth of Neocron.... (or it`s not a bugs !??)

No its not.. the LEd team wont drop belts there, and if they are idiots, leading mobs to your position and dropping drone or something lame like that, you wont be able to gank the fuck outa them.. :angel:

unreal
18-04-07, 12:21
I think the only thing an LE clan should be able to do is bring people together and give them access to a clan apartment, everything else would be disabled because it's PvP orientated and disallowed by the LE. The only main thing that would have to be checked for is to stop people from being able to remove their LE while in the LE'd clan, otherwise it's a recipe for the clan to have three non LE'd characters in order to ninja hack and gain bonuses for their tradeskillers.

The other main thing I would wish for would be some sort of clan name prefix or something that depicts an LE'd clan, perhaps even a lone character prefix such as '~' would make an LE'd clan instantly recognizable. Good for both a quick glance at a runner to determine if they're in an LE'd clan, and when checking the CityCom too.
if they are idiots, leading mobs to your position and dropping drone or something lame like that, you wont be able to gank the fuck outa themPeople have the ability to do this regardless of a clan.

Burninghead
18-04-07, 12:25

Ermm no, 10-15 clan members farming a spot can be dislodged by an enemy clan, this would never be the case with a LEd clan.

And I do not agree with you, economic warfare, ressource gathering and many other aspects of the game are PvP even if it's bloodless. The clan is the ultimate efficient entity to take part in any kind of PvP, giving the option to some clans to avoid the "risky" part will shaft unLEd clans.

Mighty Max
18-04-07, 12:28
Ermm no, 10-15 clan members farming a spot can be dislodged by an enemy clan, this would never be the case with a LEd clan.

Usually not clans farm, but teams (whcih might consist of members of the same clan). So there wouldnt be any change since LE Teams can farm allready with you not beeing able to gank them .... doh!

Burninghead
18-04-07, 12:42
Usually not clans farm, but teams (whcih might consist of members of the same clan). So there wouldnt be any change since LE Teams can farm allready with you not beeing able to gank them .... doh!

Ok this is getting rich ...

What's the insentive to take an LE out of a char besides PvP ? A clan.
What are main advantages of clans beside OP wars and PVP ? Organization, unity, access to good trustworthy tradeskiller ...

Make LEd clan and many unLEd clan will get the shaft and many LEd players will never ever take their LE out (while now, they may take it out one day get the advantages given by a clan).

ridec
18-04-07, 12:44
I think it sounds like a good idea.. Some people like to play roleplay etc :-).. And Neocron is a excellent game for that ..

I support that idea !

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 12:50
removelawenforcerfromcappedcharsremovelawenforcerfromcappedcharsremovelawenforcerfromcappedchars removelawenforcerfromcappedcharsremovelawenforcerfromcappedcharsremovelawenforcerfromcappedchars

can`t say nothing to you......

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 12:52
I think the only thing an LE clan should be able to do is bring people together and give them access to a clan apartment.

finaly! )) i talk just about this thing: Tag of clan, Clan appt, clan cash and nothing more.... ))

Napalm82
18-04-07, 12:55
Cant really see how this will "shaft" the non-LE clans, if someone is in a LE-clan its clearly because they dont wish to PvP but would like to make their own little "community", so in essence are people mad because they cant kill them for minding their own buisness?

Of course you should not be allowed to remove the LE once you are in the clan, also the LE clans should of course not be able to hold any OPs.

If 80% of the server were to go into the LE-clans it should be quite clear that 80% of the server dont think too highly of PvP.

I hope KK would implement this so we could see where it would go.

- Napalm

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 13:02

Same DELIRIUM!
(then, it`s the same as LE`d TEAM)

I talk about same LE`d team, but we will have common Tag of clan, Common clan Appt and ETC.
I don`t speak about PvP, Takeing OP, and such things

OH, And if any LE`d clan member will depoke his LE chip, it`s will be automaticly excluded from clan (by system of course)

the way of situation: if all clan members will depoke his LE chips, clan will be destroyed automaticly

it`s don`t heart your PvP

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 13:04
Ok this is getting rich ...

What's the insentive to take an LE out of a char besides PvP ? A clan.
What are main advantages of clans beside OP wars and PVP ? Organization, unity, access to good trustworthy tradeskiller ...

Make LEd clan and many unLEd clan will get the shaft and many LEd players will never ever take their LE out (while now, they may take it out one day get the advantages given by a clan).

don`t forget, there were ability to poke LE back... remember ? and so ?!? many ppls do so ?? - NO, just cuz they are VERY like PvP, and such peoples is much more....

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 13:07
Cant really see how this will "shaft" the non-LE clans, if someone is in a LE-clan its clearly because they dont wish to PvP but would like to make their own little "community", so in essence are people mad because they cant kill them for minding their own buisness?

Of course you should not be allowed to remove the LE once you are in the clan, also the LE clans should of course not be able to hold any OPs.

If 80% of the server were to go into the LE-clans it should be quite clear that 80% of the server dont think too highly of PvP.

I hope KK would implement this so we could see where it would go.

- Napalm

i hope so ))
anyway, if it will be a bad idea, KK may take this ability out of game )) :angel:

zii
18-04-07, 14:28
Another crap idea, soon to bite the dust again.

If you don't like the game play then game elsewhere.

Bredahl
18-04-07, 15:04
Everyone that says that roleplay would be easyer with LEd clans have to shut the hell up.. the possibility of being ganked by a "criminal" is a BIG part of the NC feel, how the fucking hell can anyone roleplay a "i cant get killed by anyone" person..?

LEs should be for lving and nothing else IMO (<--- see, my opinion).

i HAVE a tradeskiller and hes NOT LEd, and he DOES leave safezones once in a while (not too often, but if he has to, he does), but the feeling of going to pp3 while not being able to escape or fight back is just great.. its exiting..
Hes a monk researcher with a reseach glove in btw..

IMO there should be something besides pvp, that would make ppl drop their theire noob enforcer - and thats a clan.. I say, let it be as it is, or even better: make the LE drop out when ppl reach **/55 :p

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 15:09
Another crap idea, soon to bite the dust again.

If you don't like the game play then game elsewhere.

2.1 and 2.2 is YOUR all ( Old players), BAD IDEA!

you try to turn neocron as you want! :mad:

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 15:09
This is a shit topic. Because pvpers and carebears just don't get along.

But what i think is this:
Nc is a game based around pvp. It's the damn main intention. Back in the days, the LE gave xp and money penalties. That together with a much higher population led to pking everywhere. And when you died you'd drop a random item from your belt right away for the pker to pick up.
AND PEOPLE LIVED WITH IT.

Now people want safety everywhere without any disadvantages. It just had to go this way. Give 'em one inch and they'll take a mile. It's been like this all the fucking time. Rules constantly got changed in favor of carebears. Always. Now they got used to it, so why ever take out the LE? They want clans now.

I don't get it. There has to be done something. And wtf is it with all you goddamn idiots going "I don't pvp, i roleplay!" ROLEPLAY INCLUDES PVP YOU TARDS!
Granted, there's a load of assholes around that just pk but it's not gonna hurt you. As if you could drop anything important into your belt. And if, go level in a warzone. Find a less frequented place. Get a team going. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS AND STOP ASKING KK TO HAND YOU EVERYTHING ON A PLATE.

I'm on the pvp side of things. And while i don't promote newbie killing, what's the big deal? People usually waste more time whining on trade than it would've taken them to just get poked up and head back to their leveling spot.

I demand less safety for everyone. Right from the start. People that are used to it won't whine about it. They deal with it. It's what i did. I spent the first year in NC getting constantly ganked without ANY chance to fight back. And i dropped tons of stuff. Without a chance to get it back. Zero chance to get it back.
I got used to it. Found me new spots to level. Didn't genrep into dangerous places unprepared or not knowing what might await me. Had friends with me when i was on my defenseless tradeskiller.

All you new carebears are some serious sissies. You really need to grow some balls. :lol:

Amen. This just had to be said.

Don't take me too serious, carebears can do whatever they want, i won't judge them. But stop changing the game in their favor.

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 15:22
Everyone that says that roleplay would be easyer with LEd clans have to shut the hell up.. the possibility of being ganked by a "criminal" is a BIG part of the NC feel, how the fucking hell can anyone roleplay a "i cant get killed by anyone" person..?

Bullshit, YOU want that it were so, but not other

LEs should be for lving and nothing else IMO (<--- see, my opinion).

Another YOUR idea; and as i write above, You try to turn coolest game as you, PVP`ers, Want...
yea, and very cool to be ganked every time in good place`s witch ocuped by Angry clans

i HAVE a tradeskiller and hes NOT LEd, and he DOES leave safezones once in a while (not too often, but if he has to, he does), but the feeling of going to pp3 while not being able to escape or fight back is just great.. its exiting..
Hes a monk researcher with a reseach glove in btw..

Sure you have, something like constr? yea, hard to image Constr with LE, it will be not capped ( let it be a litle Penaltie for LE`d clan`s); and very nice to be ganked at Allied OP....

IMO there should be something besides pvp, that would make ppl drop their theire noob enforcer - and thats a clan.. I say, let it be as it is, or even better: make the LE drop out when ppl reach **/55 :p

it`s a good idea, but not at **/55.... in WoC 1 - it`s a great idea ^^

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 15:28
This is a shit topic. Because pvpers and carebears just don't get along.

But what i think is this:
Nc is a game based around pvp. It's the damn main intention. Back in the days, the LE gave xp and money penalties. That together with a much higher population led to pking everywhere. And when you died you'd drop a random item from your belt right away for the pker to pick up.
AND PEOPLE LIVED WITH IT.

Now people want safety everywhere without any disadvantages. It just had to go this way. Give 'em one inch and they'll take a mile. It's been like this all the fucking time. Rules constantly got changed in favor of carebears. Always. Now they got used to it, so why ever take out the LE? They want clans now.

I don't get it. There has to be done something. And wtf is it with all you goddamn idiots going "I don't pvp, i roleplay!" ROLEPLAY INCLUDES PVP YOU TARDS!
Granted, there's a load of assholes around that just pk but it's not gonna hurt you. As if you could drop anything important into your belt. And if, go level in a warzone. Find a less frequented place. Get a team going. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS AND STOP ASKING KK TO HAND YOU EVERYTHING ON A PLATE.

I'm on the pvp side of things. And while i don't promote newbie killing, what's the big deal? People usually waste more time whining on trade than it would've taken them to just get poked up and head back to their leveling spot.

I demand less safety for everyone. Right from the start. People that are used to it won't whine about it. They deal with it. It's what i did. I spent the first year in NC getting constantly ganked without ANY chance to fight back. And i dropped tons of stuff. Without a chance to get it back. Zero chance to get it back.
I got used to it. Found me new spots to level. Didn't genrep into dangerous places unprepared or not knowing what might await me. Had friends with me when i was on my defenseless tradeskiller.

All you new carebears are some serious sissies. You really need to grow some balls. :lol:

Amen. This just had to be said.

Don't take me too serious, carebears can do whatever they want, i won't judge them. But stop changing the game in their favor.

if even KK think about LE`d clans, it`s only one thing i can repeat: YOU TRY to turn this game for your PvP`ers crazy mind

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 15:38
if even KK think about LE`d clans, it`s only one thing i can repeat: YOU TRY to turn this game for your PvP`ers crazy mind
No. I'm trying to think about both sides. Tell you a secret: I was a carebear.

But this game is about pvp. You should be abled to avoid pvp by the means i told: warzones to avoid beltdrops, less frequented leveling spots, friends and teams.

I can't even remember the last time any of my characters, may it be Kapow or any other random character, got ganked while i was leveling. I don't see a reason to get out of pvp without loosing anything the game offers.

Knowing i was safe no matter where i went would make me quit this game. Even if i was a carebear. The simple feeling of being somewhere unsafe where i might get shot in the back is what i love.

You people just gotta get used to it. Damn, just try it. Take out the LE on one of your characters. Join a small clan. Live your life. It's not like there's a pker right behind every corner. You can be perfectly fine without an LE. That's what i'm trying to tell you carebears. :)

I can only speak for myself but if i see an unLEd noob or halfdead guy i leave him. He might die if he's in an enemy clan but usually i don't see the sense in ganking people who can't defend themselves. Though sometimes it has to be done, but that's just to get some attention and a proper fight. ;)

Dribble Joy
18-04-07, 15:50
The line has to be drawn somewhere. As I see it clans for LEs is a step over it.

slith
18-04-07, 16:04
You people just gotta get used to it. Damn, just try it. Take out the LE on one of your characters. Join a small clan. Live your life. It's not like there's a pker right behind every corner. You can be perfectly fine without an LE. That's what i'm trying to tell you carebears. :)All those people that didn't get killed 10+/day while leveling in lvl 1 sewers in beta days. "That was my Rat!" - Kabang!

Hell, people that wanted to sell you weapons promoted them by 'how fast they could kill a person in the next sewer' :lol:
Good old times without SL / non-malus LE and whining (well, there was, but you ignored it, people got used to dying at any rate ;) ). Not to forget the "Duck and cover"-Copbots.

I can only speak for myself but if i see an unLEd noob or halfdead guy i leave him. He might die if he's in an enemy clan but usually i don't see the sense in ganking people who can't defend themselves. Though sometimes it has to be done, but that's just to get some attention and a proper fight. ;)I go strictly for Factions. I'm a TG, so everyone not in a procity Clan or not Cityadmin is safe, if he doesn't point a weapon in my direction - it's the people I'm fighting for, after all.

Cityadmins die, their level doesn't bother me. (An enemy that can't hold a weapon right, but still an enemy.)

Bredahl
18-04-07, 17:49

If you fucking carebears had your will, there wouldnt be any pvp, you would run around looking at mobs and picking up flowers and being fucking girls..

We DONT try´to "turn this game to our crazy pvp mind", we try to safe it from ppl like you.. This WAS a hardcore pvp game, then all you girls started crying and YOU fucking changed the game! so fuck off, and dont say shit about its US that are trying to change things..

Dogface
18-04-07, 18:09
Shite idea, if you want a clan just get a teamspeak/vent server or a buddy list for clan chat.

Mighty Max
18-04-07, 18:38
Bredahl, get a fucking girlfriend ...

we try to safe it from ppl like you..
You really believe in this bs? :confused:

Napalm82
18-04-07, 18:41
I really cant see how LE-clans will ruin it for anybody since they will have no influence on PvP or anything related to that (OPs for example)

And calm down Bredahl, its a suggestion, no need to get riled up about it.

Also, the current PvP just has no apeal to me, MB zone camping, Ninja hacking OPs, ganking low level players, stealthing away if anybody can actually put on a fight, i think i can live having that to a minimum.

- Napalm

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 19:40
And last post i think....

So! just think about that: i ask for a good thing - to join LE`d LVL`ing teams together in a "clan", with clan Appt, Clan Tag, and common money.... nothing more

And ppl`s whining - it`s a BS, it`s a crap/bad idea and etc
So i told you: you told me go play in Pokemon game ?? you told me "Stop asking ReaKKtor to bring all things at shiny plate ???
Bullshit... all bullshit.... i can say you same thing... go away....
you are crazyed people, madding at you PvP....

i think MY idea, is not too bad!

З.Ы. I wish to see any ideas from KK in this Thread

silent000
18-04-07, 19:44
Maybe limit the amount of members that can be in an LE clan? to say 10 or 5 ( population is shit ) but then if that happens i wud expect a treat for us PvPrs say take away safezones or rework the SL system.

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 19:44
If you fucking carebears had your will, there wouldnt be any pvp, you would run around looking at mobs and picking up flowers and being fucking girls..

We DONT try´to "turn this game to our crazy pvp mind", we try to safe it from ppl like you.. This WAS a hardcore pvp game, then all you girls started crying and YOU fucking changed the game! so fuck off, and dont say shit about its US that are trying to change things..

damn, man (Girl? lol), if i be able to cath you at streats of my city..... and you try say something like that about thing`s you can`t understand.....
"B.Y.F.F.T."

З.Ы. I was a better mind of =Blood=

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 19:46
Maybe limit the amount of members that can be in an LE clan? to say 10 or 5 ( population is shit ) but then if that happens i wud expect a treat for us PvPrs say take away safezones or rework the SL system.

yea, it`s a good idea too - Limit of Le`d clans... yea, something not more 14-28 members

Dogface
18-04-07, 19:53
Napalm, have you really been brain-washed into believing THAT shite is the only pvp left in this game..?

If you want to pvp, one of the most fun things you can do is to go solo or with another friend and just hunt for fights yourself, don't fuck around in your knickers with your handbags at MB, don't camp newbie leveling areas, don't run around the city sectors ally killing, don't participate in ninja hacking just go FIND a fight. Run to cycrow and hack a layer to get some FF out their holes, sneak into the Dome/NC and find some people, cause a ruckus. What ever.

unreal
18-04-07, 19:56
Aye Dogface, going solo is fun, but it's somewhat annoying when you kill some clanned person then a minute later you get the same old response of a PPU and two Tanks, of which the PPU instantly damage boosts you, as if the fight wasn't already unfair to begin with. By this time the person you killed has poked back up and returned, to make things even more unfair. :p NCPD Most Wanted List is your friend.

zii
18-04-07, 21:11
Maybe limit the amount of members that can be in an LE clan?

Or limit the number of LE players full stop... :angel:

If people don't want danger and this cyberpunk scared shitless atmosphere then this game is not for them. I am not calling them crap boring or care bear: I don't think this is the place for people who wish to live without danger to play.

Actually. No. Its the other way round: YOU TRY to turn this game for your LE`ers crazy mind. Bad dog. Go back home and hide under the kitchen sink while I stand here and defend from my rock.

There are other game genres that cater for this game style. Neocron is not about this. It is about feeling scared in the game knowing that anything could happen at any time. It not about 2.1 v 2.2 or nc 1 vs nc2 or chocolate cake vs lemon pie. Its about the game, and I love it.

This is the world that Reakktor have created and you ought to learn to love to live in it. Praise be to Reakktor. <Fade to hymns and general rejoicing>

:D

PS.I think I shall spend this evening sexing LE chars and calling them chickens and so on. Especially, if they mutter something in Russian coz it might be you RU... ;) Sadly, Babelfish translates и неебёт into and it neyebet, so this lost on me. :(

-=z=-
18-04-07, 22:16
I'd rather have an all-access doorbell. Maybe make it available via DRE since they have so much good stuff in their faction db. :D

Note that I'm a die-hard (ironic use of words isn't it?) LE user. Back in NC1 I joined a clan and enjoyed it, but it's just not something I want to do this time around.

I'm enjoying running around and re-discovering this world and building up my collections of blueprints and rareparts (2 so far, lol). I play this game to have fun, and I have fun in my own way.

As an LE user, I find myself strangely opposed to the idea of LE clans. Maybe because I don't see my individual use of the LE as a huge obstacle to the PvP'rs, but organized groups of LE users could monopolize PvE content. I concede they could do this now, but it would be harder to organize without clan chat.

Ru-Just-RU
18-04-07, 22:17
Actually. No. Its the other way round: YOU TRY to turn this game for your LE`ers crazy mind. Bad dog. Go back home and hide under the kitchen sink while I stand here and defend from my rock.

if LE ability were founded by ReaKKtor, then not me try to turn this game in Fully PvP game.... think about this

Especially, if they mutter something in Russian coz it might be you RU... ;) Sadly, Babelfish translates и неебёт into and it neyebet, so this lost on me. :(

learn russian...

smell like racism(?)

Mighty Max
18-04-07, 22:47
If people don't want danger and this cyberpunk scared shitless atmosphere then this game is not for them.

Good you told me now ....

But actually i don't know if you understand what cyberpunk is. You wouldn't complain about the LE if you'd do, as protection of citicen and controlling their abilities is a common setting in this genre. The "scared shitless atmosphere" is more a anarchistic (post)apocalyptic setting then cyberpunk, but well ...

You should really start to think if you have a better overview about my motivations and likings then i(we) have them myself(ourself). Until you are sure about this, please refrain from telling me if i like this game or not (aka if this game is right for me or not)

Have a nice day, runner.

Bredahl
19-04-07, 04:37
learn russian...
Yea that something everyone should do...... :rolleyes:

smell like racism(?)
Will you please shut up?

if i be able to cath you at streats of my city.....
Why is it that LEd ppl always PLAY hard, and then hide behind theire LE.. take the LE out and lets do it INGAME? :p

Anyways, my previous posts may have sounded a little more angry than they should.. Too little sleep and shit

Apocalypsox
19-04-07, 05:37
im 100% against the idea. It removes the only incentive left for people to remove there LEs.

CritiNator
19-04-07, 07:52
Hopefully this wont ever get in game. Whether you like it or not, this IS PVP game. Most of runners play this for PVP. Why? Becouse there is plenty of bug free PVM games out there. Tradeskillers.. most of em have PVP alt anyways. Tradeskillers dont use LE, becouse they need to get all the chips they can.

This game is builded around PVP. You are forced to join faction etc. You dont need LE for anything. Yes, you may die, but so what? It part of the game, to "fear". Dungeons are relatively safe places, becouse of carebear rules. If you RP, then you remove your LE, its simple.

Theres nothing else left in NC for me, but PVP. Remove LE's. KILL LE'd runners and send em to hell.

( Wanna have some cheese with that whine )

Darkana
19-04-07, 08:10
Yet another LE clan thread. Round and round we go in circles ...

SorkZmok, waving with the "back in the days"-flag you should tell the whole thing, it's not like people didn't play safe by minimizing their risks back then.

Anyway, I'm neither for nor against LE clans; it will need some thinking to be done right (as has been pointed in various posts). I don't think LE clans will monopolize PvM content, basicly for the reason that most of the real LE players are usually folks you can talk to. Sure, you cannot gank them, but so they can't you, which means there is the choice between working together or having to mess with a OD (outdamage) contest. Secondly, it's not like the LE is used already (partly by otherwise non-LEd players) to access certain PvM content. Thirdly, behaving as if LE players haven't organized in the past is showing ignorance; it's just that NC throws a lot of stones in your direction if you try it without being in a clan, thanks to the very basic chat system. Btw, in that context, hi Prozac :)

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 08:11
What pisses me off the most is that most of the people who despise pvpers never even took the LE out. Maybe for a day, then they got ganked or sucked at pvp or whatever and now they're rambling about "OMG PKERS EVEVYWHERE!"

Seriously guys, just try it again. For some time longer. It's not even half as bad as you think.

Granted, you can't visit several spots anymore, like J_01 or cycrow. But tell you what. There's launchers and warbots and firemobs and ASGs in other places.

You people just want everything served on a plate. You're lazy, nothing else. Think about it.
Having to work for something and doing it while you're in danger let's you appreciate the results a lot more. Trust me.

Seriously, give me reasons why you want to keep the LE. Try it.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 08:19
Why is it that LEd ppl always PLAY hard, and then hide behind theire LE.. take the LE out and lets do it INGAME? :p

I live in real life... and you, looks like in Virtual, Dark Future Cyberpunk Game...

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 08:36
What pisses me off the most is that most of the people who despise pvpers never even took the LE out. Maybe for a day, then they got ganked or sucked at pvp or whatever and now they're rambling about "OMG PKERS EVEVYWHERE!"

Seriously guys, just try it again. For some time longer. It's not even half as bad as you think.

Granted, you can't visit several spots anymore, like J_01 or cycrow. But tell you what. There's launchers and warbots and firemobs and ASGs in other places.

You people just want everything served on a plate. You're lazy, nothing else. Think about it.
Having to work for something and doing it while you're in danger let's you appreciate the results a lot more. Trust me.

Seriously, give me reasons why you want to keep the LE. Try it.

i don`t scream PKers everywhere! and i has 3 non-LED char ;)
but i don`t think PvP is good for me... i like to kill stuff.... (working hard at work... coming home, and like to play against mobs, but not against other peoples; i`am Bad mood after work, and got killed by some child`s, or mob`s and dropping good things.... and i`am going to be just more mad...

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 08:43
i don`t scream PKers everywhere! and i has 3 non-LED char ;)
but i don`t think PvP is good for me... i like to kill stuff.... (working hard at work... coming home, and like to play against mobs, but not against other peoples; i`am Bad mood after work, and got killed by some child`s, or mob`s and dropping good things.... and i`am going to be just more mad...
As i said, you want everything on a plate.

You just gotta get used to it. It really doesn't take long to replace a dropped item, repoke and get back to leveling.

Anyway, how often do you get ganked then? Maybe you just gotta change your hunting spots. The map is huge. There's always a quiet place.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 08:46
i think not all Peoples here truely understand what i offer....

i`am just want to join LE`d team of curent faction and give them common Appt

and you try to fully remove LE from game!

we talk about different things; ReaKKtor never remove LE chips, without reworking SL system! (Le chip`s a better way, then SL system now)

and if they remove LE, this will be the LAST line from Game dieing for good peoples who don`t wanna PvP

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 08:50
As i said, you want everything on a plate.

You just gotta get used to it. It really doesn't take long to replace a dropped item, repoke and get back to leveling.

Anyway, how often do you get ganked then? Maybe you just gotta change your hunting spots. The map is huge. There's always a quiet place.

i don`t wanna EVERYTHING on plate; i hunt for my "stuff" hard;

i`am got ganked from peoples, who just say, "you are Pro" and killing you and don`t look what LvL you are... so it`s looks like Roleplay

and not always easy to replace dropped item, when you play not long

CritiNator
19-04-07, 09:18
Im student and i play lots. I still have live, even i play at long hours. When i started the game, there was this experience reduction thing, when you had LE in your head. Even then, i knew the risks and still took it away. I had NO chance to fight back, i was poor, i learned to play and now i dont even consider keeping LE with capped char. Le is something you use, when leveling, but i always take it out, when i really need the 4'th head imp. Dont you think that you could get better dmg, better setup, if you plug out it?

I bet you are spy. Some lurker, rifle spy. Take LE out and go to hills with your obliterator and start sniping. Its easyest way to get your adrenaline rush ignited.

"Killed by some kid.."
I know the feeling, but im 24 years old, i dont consider my self as a kid anymore, maybe i could come and kill you, so you wont feel bad about it. "Its only a game". Those who get angry, when they die INGAME are taking game (too) seriously.

Mighty Max
19-04-07, 09:24
"Killed by some kid.."
I know the feeling, but im 24 years old, i dont consider my self as a kid anymore, maybe i could come and kill you, so you wont feel bad about it. "Its only a game". Those who get angry, when they die INGAME are taking game (too) seriously.

Or they probably just want to have some fun, and your playstyle dont give them fun .... remember its just an game. And if you try to dictate how ppl have to üplay this game, you are taking the game (too) serious. :angel:

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 09:26
Im student and i play lots. I still have live, even i play at long hours. When i started the game, there was this experience reduction thing, when you had LE in your head. Even then, i knew the risks and still took it away. I had NO chance to fight back, i was poor, i learned to play and now i dont even consider keeping LE with capped char. Le is something you use, when leveling, but i always take it out, when i really need the 4'th head imp. Dont you think that you could get better dmg, better setup, if you plug out it?

I bet you are spy. Some lurker, rifle spy. Take LE out and go to hills with your obliterator and start sniping. Its easyest way to get your adrenaline rush ignited.

"Killed by some kid.."

so, NO. all you just write - it`s a penalty for LE users, and i talk not about 24 year old guys, (i`am 24 too); i have monk,spy,tank and all Le`d
so Yes, i can do less dmg, can`t use 4-th implant slot, but it`s just penalty....

and anyway, i play in game for rest, but not for gunked by crazyMind ppl`s

CritiNator
19-04-07, 09:29
Aye, im taking this game seriously. This is game has best PVP compared to all other MMO's. Hell yeah, if i die, i cry, if i win, i start shooting next guy. Old UO was nice. Anyone know? Ultima online, no trammel, no safespots ( but towns ofc ). Everyone was in danger, but everyone still played the game.
Seriously, if you wanna have fun, if you wanna hunt mobsters, dont play NC.. go to wow or some other carebear community. This game is builded around PVP system and IMO, LE's ruin it. You cant be PK in this game, KK hates em, kk is King of all Carebears and you are the minions..

Im quite sure, that this is my last month i play here ( just activated ). Im giving 30 more days ( after few years :D ) for kk to show, that they even try to do something for this game.

I dont like LE. <- Thats the bottom line :P

Bredahl
19-04-07, 09:35
working hard at work... coming home, and like to play against mobs, but not against other peoples; i`am Bad mood after work, and got killed by some child`s, or mob`s and dropping good things.... and i`am going to be just more mad...

If your in a bad mood when you get home from work you probably should find another job...? :lol:

I also work every day, and when i get home i usually just want to relax, and IMO pvp is one of the best ways to relax.. (again, i dont say that YOU should have it that way, just saying thats how i have it)

Btw learn to fucking edit your posts instead of making 3 in a row?!

EDIT:
yea as CritiNator says, if you play to hunt mobs, go play some gay shit like WoW...

Mighty Max
19-04-07, 10:13
EDIT:
yea as CritiNator says, if you play to hunt mobs, go play some gay shit like WoW...

As said, that's how you achive your goal of a good population: remove everyone not playing the same way as you do.
:lol:

Are you that chicken that you can't stand them? Makes me even more believing that i don't want to interact with you ingame in the non-LE way. Thank you for showing your competence and giving undecided ppl one more point against removing the LE.

Somebit contradicting to what you want, but hey!

Burninghead
19-04-07, 10:13
EDIT:
yea as CritiNator says, if you play to hunt mobs, go play some gay elf in a shit like WoW...

Corrected for you, no need to thank me :p

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 10:38
As said, that's how you achive your goal of a good population: remove everyone not playing the same way as you do.

Are you that chicken that you can't stand them? Makes me even more believing that i don't want to interact with you ingame in the non-LE way. Thank you for showing your competence and giving undecided ppl one more point against removing the LE.

Somebit contradicting to what you want, but hey!I think most people that keep their LE and demand LE clans and all that just never tried playing without an LE for long.

It adds so much to the game once you get used to it. And all you LE fans say you'd get pked all the time, everywhere if you'd take it out. That's just not true.

Take it out, get used to it, you'll have more fun. Not less.

unreal
19-04-07, 10:42
And considering the majority of LE'd people are Spies or PE's, you have Stealth on your side too. Use it?

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 10:50
If your in a bad mood when you get home from work you probably should find another job...? :lol:

I also work every day, and when i get home i usually just want to relax, and IMO pvp is one of the best ways to relax.. (again, i dont say that YOU should have it that way, just saying thats how i have it)

true... the better way to change my life :lol:

Btw learn to fucking edit your posts instead of making 3 in a row?!

sorry, bout that... i`ll do...

P.S.: i hate games like WoW cuz it`s a shitloads of Fantasy :lol:

P.P.S.: if LE ability exist, why should i don`t use it and may not to choose LE or not LE ?? i may to chose my way of playtype

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 10:53
I think someone should start a clan with the only purpose of introducing carebears to the pvp side of neocron.

Talk to one of the big clans so they could maybe take an op from time to time for some fights, get leveling groups going, maybe some small fights here and there...

I'd call the clan "Dude, where's my LE?"

naimex
19-04-07, 10:59
true... the better way to change my life :lol:

sorry, bout that... i`ll do...

P.S.: i hate games like WoW cuz it`s a shitloads of Fantasy :lol:

P.S.S.: if LE ability exist, why should i don`t use it and may not to choose LE or not LE ?? i may to chose my way of playtype

for the record, if you are going to append to a ps, its pps.

ps = post script = after the writing.
pps = post post script = after the after writing.

an after writing is an appended item, from when everything was written in hand, or in uneditable form, so instead of starting over on the document, or whatever you were writing, you appended.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 10:59
I think someone should start a clan with the only purpose of introducing carebears to the pvp side of neocron.

nice idea, if i understand right...

Bredahl
19-04-07, 11:00

Talk to one of the big clans so they could maybe take an op from time to time for some fights, get leveling groups going, maybe some small fights here and there...

I'd call the clan "Dude, where's my LE?"

hahaha! but, yea its actually a good idea :lol:

CMaster
19-04-07, 11:30
Sigh, stupid arguments again.

Removing the LE will not increase number of players without LE. It will just decrease the player base total. And I know some people go "well good riddance" except that it hurts the ecnonmy. It makes it harder to get pokes. It means less techs are being traded.

All you "uber PvPers" stop getting your knickers in a twist over the fact that you can't kill somebody and that this somehow brusies your ego. Just recongise that some people get something different out of the game to you and always will. But while they are there, they are quietly providing the parts to your weapons, buying your FSM items, poking your implants back in.

That said, people really should try popping the LE. I never thought I would, yet now I haven't had any LEed characters for years.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 11:50
I not from those people which surrender!!

LE`d clans - it`s a good idea, and stop whining, PvP`er, nothing will changed, if we (Le`d) will have ability to join a LE`d Clan!

L0KI
19-04-07, 12:07
Removing the LE will not increase number of players without LE. It will just decrease the player base total. And I know some people go "well good riddance" except that it hurts the ecnonmy. It makes it harder to get pokes. It means less techs are being traded.

So your opinion is, that players that cannot keep their LE in will quit the game altogether? If so - how did you come to this conclusion? (Genuine curiousity)

I think the removal of the LE, with the implementation of Lifewasters city-zone idea would massively boost the population. I know of 8 people (Although that's not that many, that's just me) that WILL return if cities are made raidable, and i KNOW, the removal of the LE would contribute towards that decision.

All you "uber PvPers" stop getting your knickers in a twist over the fact that you can't kill somebody and that this somehow brusies your ego. Just recongise that some people get something different out of the game to you and always will.

It's not really getting something different out of the game though is it? It's GOD MODE. I bet there are more NON-LE'd trade skillers than there are LE'd ones. LE'd players can happily spy on enemy groups and they can cause problems in spawns by refusing to move (This has happened to me several times).

Also, dismissing the people with an opposing side to your argument as Egotistical, Knicker-Twisted Freaks is somewhat naiive of you. I'd expect more from someone of your intelligence.

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 12:08
I not from those people which surrender!!

LE`d clans - it`s a good idea, and stop whining, PvP`er, nothing will changed, if we (Le`d) will have ability to join a LE`d Clan!
It will change things.
As then there is absolutely nothing LEs miss out on. What means the LE population will increase.

You people just need to try a normal clan. For gods sake.

Mighty Max
19-04-07, 12:15
It will change things.
As then there is absolutely nothing LEs miss out on. What means the LE population will increase.

They will still miss out PvP action, and i thought PVP would be the thing that is so good about Neocron (wasn't that your words "Neocron is a PvP game"?)

So either there is still a reason to remove the LE or you have no fun PvPing yourself ...

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 12:23
It will change things.

but your, PvP, population, will not decrease!!
or you again want to turn all peoples in your type of play?? don`t you ?

naimex
19-04-07, 12:25

god forbid...

if everyone was like me, i wouldn't be special anymore :'(

not to mention the world would end...

I WANT TO BE SPECIAL DAMN YOU! STAY OUT OF MY ODDNESS!

[F6]Knight
19-04-07, 12:30
if KK allows LE'd players to join/form clans then they are also forced to let ppl of all ranks put their LE back in (or everyone would start whining on the forums for this)
thus A LOT of ppl would put their LE back in and form clans just for pve or whatever.
a lot of clans out there now only do pve because they either dont have the manpower/activity for OP fights or they r just not interested in it. yet they are forced to be unLE'd to form/join a clan
those ppl are currently still pvp targets when they get out of their safezones.
put LE clans ingame and all those ppl will go LE'd again
its bad enough already that KK allowed us to put the LE back in last week ... there are soo many LE'd players around now. half of them to use/abuse aoe for powerlvling without damaging their buddies.

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 12:30
My fucking point is that once LEd people can do everything they want, including clans, there is just no point anymore for them to get into pvp (wether they like it or not). And sometimes you just gotta do things without knowing. That's what learning is good for.

If they want a clan, they should deal with the consequences.

You won't get ganked even half as much as you think. You're seriously exaggerating here.

I couldn't care less about the LEd population. I jsut dont want it to rise even more. And that's whats gonna happen. It already is going up constantly.
And that is because people just dont have to take out the LE anymore. So they won't. And thus never actually find out what pvp in NC is about.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 12:32
god forbid...

if everyone was like me, i wouldn't be special anymore :'(

not to mention the world would end...

I WANT TO BE SPECIAL DAMN YOU! STAY OUT OF MY ODDNESS!

we now know your apinion
so... don`t post in this topic anymore, ok?
go and create new topic: "Carebears LE`d go away! "

Mighty Max
19-04-07, 12:39
My fucking point is that once LEd people can do everything they want, including clans, there is just no point anymore for them to get into pvp (wether they like it or not). And sometimes you just gotta do things without knowing. That's what learning is good for.

And you are FALSLY assuming that you can turn a non PvP player into an active PvP player just because.

Whoever want to remove the LE to PvP will do so. The ones who don't want to, or do this for other reasons will never be an fun opponent to you. Therefor there is nothing to win for you in this situation. You rather increase frustration level on the second group which will make them quit.

If you can't understand our motivation, it is not very wise to try and change it, as this is something you will never be able to. This is simply our decission, the same way as fighting an player controlled enemy is your decission.

In more clear words: keep your nose out of things you don't understand.

It's not really getting something different out of the game though is it? It's GOD MODE. I bet there are more NON-LE'd trade skillers than there are LE'd ones. LE'd players can happily spy on enemy groups and they can cause problems in spawns by refusing to move (This has happened to me several times).

Actual none of that lies within interest of an real LE'd player. This are the tactics pussy-PvPers will choose.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 12:41
i can`t understang, PvP`ers, why are you whining??

why you don`t asking to make something new for your (PvP) style of play ?!?

NC is PvP based, BUT NOT ONLY PVP game!!

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 12:43
And you are FALSLY assuming that you can turn a non PvP player into an active PvP player just because.

Whoever want to remove the LE to PvP will do so. The ones who don't want to, or do this for other reasons will never be an fun opponent to you.If you would've seen me back at the start of NC1, you'd laugh. I was a complete carebear who couldn't hit shit.

But now i'm sick of you twisting my words no matter what i write. I'll just stop reading whatever you post. :)

Nullvoid
19-04-07, 13:01
I don't agree with the idea of LE runners being able to create clans. I would however like to see a new breed of apartment introduced (pricier than any current ones) which would allow multiple runners to share storage space together. If not that, then some kind of city storage vault where runners can purchase individual lockers, access to which is based on a password they choose (instead of being tied to the runner who bought the key).

naimex
19-04-07, 13:02
we now know your apinion
so... don`t post in this topic anymore, ok?
go and create new topic: "Carebears LE`d go away! "

Okay, you asked for it.

So put your inquisition armor on.

I for one, as all of r2k knows, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME FOR PVP!

I do however PVP with r2k, so I am in a better position to continue being in the clan, because I like being in r2k, I like the people in r2k.

You don't know ANYTHING about my opinion, because if you did, then you wouldn't write bullshit like that.

I don't care if LE'd players can be clanned or not, but I damn well care about it NOT being exploitable if they can.

Furthermore, this is a public forum, for paying members of this community and game, and whether you like it or not, we all have to play under the same rules, which means if something is changed, it's changed for you, it's changed for me, it's changed for everyone in the god damned game.

So don't you dare tell me not to post in a topic that might change the entire perspective of the game. In fact, don't tell me not to post in any topic, because you have no such power.

If a moderator or KK employee decides that I shouldn't be allowed to post in ANY topic, they would ban me from the forums, if they decided that this topic was not a productive one anymore, that topic would be closed.

And last I checked, you were neither moderator, nor KK employee, so shut the fuck up, and start putting some constructive comments into this thread, or watch it fade away, with all your hopes and dreams of LE'd clans. Because if we can't even form a basis for LE'd clans to become a viable possibility of a future patch, then chances are it doesn't seem like a good enough thing for KK to put aside other content changes and events, to find a way to implement without screwing anyone over.

So before you go stereotypical, "ME CRUSH MAGICAL LITTLE ELF WORLD WITH BIG CLUB!", try listening to what other people write.

Because so far, the thing you have done the most in this entire debate is tell people not to have an opinion in a game they pay to play.

*repairs flamethrower*

now look what you did, you made me lose all my condition on this thing, and to what use?

I can't hurt a law enforced citizen.

Normally I don't kos people for any reason, but I'm starting to think, that for you, I would make an exception. You, I would infact ENJOY PKing in PvP.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 13:09

wow...you are seriosly take this game too close to your heart....

so, as a paying member of this game, i have an apinion, that LE`d clans must be... that`s all

Burninghead
19-04-07, 13:12
And naimex just made the point against LEd clan, whole clans acting like twats everywhere without any ingame consequences (e.g get their shits kicked out of them by other clans for acting like a bunch of pricks) ...

naimex
19-04-07, 13:15
wow...you are seriosly take this game too close to your heart....

so, as a paying member of this game, i have an apinion, that LE`d clans must be... that`s all

no, but I despise when people try to rob me of my freedom of speech.

and it's fine that you want LE'd clans, but you, along with others that want it, have to find a way to implement it, without causing exploits and without screwing over people who are in UN-LE'd clans.

Telling people to shut up, won't get you closer to that goal.

So think it through, write down:

If we do it like this, then LE'd clans can do this and this but can't do this and this, so there won't be conflicts or exploits there and there.

Then others can read it, and look at it from a different perspective, and then someone might suddenly see a conflict or exploit that you didn't see, and then a solution has to be found for that.

That way, you can get a healthy constructive debate, that will lead to a final solution, that is ready to be implemented.

And then you just have to convince KK that its a good idea, which should be relatively simple, if you have managed to document and concretize your solution properly.

Brammers
19-04-07, 13:25
It will change things.

LE players do miss out on a few things. No PvP, and one brain slot missing. LE's players on the whole are PvE players who don't want to PvP. If they did want to PvP, they would take their LE out.

The only place where an LE'ed doesn't belong is on Neptune. It should come out after rank /50 so at least you can level up and prepare for PvP. (And of course no LE'ed clans on Neptune - just keep them for the other servers.)

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 13:59
Brammers, one LE slot means shit to an LEd person. You can do more than fine in PvE with just 3 brain implants. Consider the 4th slot as a bonus to pvpers, not a miss-out for Le'd people.

ANYWAY

I'm done here. This crap will never come to an end. So i will just never ever look at this thread again. :rolleyes:

I just can not understand how people can seriously say that taking out the LE would ruin their gaming experience. When they don't even really know the other side.
And i'm the narrow minded PVP-idiot. Right.

unreal
19-04-07, 14:39
Aye SorkZmok. The lack of a fourth brain slot doesn't make much difference in the long run. Bring back XP and cash nerfs is all I say. There should be a true penalty for excluding yourself from the main feature of the game (PvP) and not dropping a belt upon death.

I can't say I agree with whoever said that most of the people who provide us weapons and other tradeskills in the game are LE'd players. The majority of tradeskillers I've ran into are already non LE'd and part of a clan. Minus a few lower level players of course who do poor mans tradeskilling on the side.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 15:16
There should be a true penalty for excluding yourself from the main feature of the game (PvP)

Excluding from main features?? and not main?? should ppl`s get penalties for not shooting other ppl`s ?? or not takeing OP`s ? for their not-Fightable tradeskillers ?

never saw this in other games...

Brammers
19-04-07, 15:39
Aye SorkZmok. The lack of a fourth brain slot doesn't make much difference in the long run. Bring back XP and cash nerfs is all I say. There should be a true penalty for excluding yourself from the main feature of the game (PvP) and not dropping a belt upon death.

I see exclusion from PvP a big enough penalty, besides the loss of the 4th slot.

Unreal - Besides the XP and Cash nerf, what other penalties do you think LE'ed people should have for using an LE?

Also I don't get is why the PvP'ers in this thread are up in arms about having LE'ed clans that can't take ops. It will not have any effect on PvP at all. All you will see is LE'ed runners with clan tags. If you think I'm wrong, tell me why. ;)

William Antrim
19-04-07, 15:49
Excluding from main features?? and not main?? should ppl`s get penalties for not shooting other ppl`s ?? or not takeing OP`s ? for their not-Fightable tradeskillers ?

never saw this in other games...

Try Everquest - you dont need an le there... because, wait - there is no pvp!

Seriously, what fun is PvE in nc, if you wanted that you could go play WoW or Guild Wars, the thing that has kept nc running for all this time and kepts its (somewhat small) but loyal playerbase is THE PVP.

If this game was all about PvE many, if not all, players here wouldve quit a long time ago.

Thats the simple truth.

Naimex, "listen to what I read", that was some funny shit bro. Paradoxically funny but funny all the same :)

Mighty Max
19-04-07, 16:01
but loyal playerbase is THE PVP.

You mean after 6 years of Neocron i can't call myself part of the loyal playerbase because i don't participate in PvP?

I would rather say, that this attitude shown here - crying and bitching about players who's motivation isn't understoodd - was reason for inbreeding one kind of players, which is why Neocron lost the casual gamer.

Nothing i would proudly present as the "loyal playerbase".

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 16:37
thx to Brammers and Mighty Max, to helping defend my motivation of playType....

It`s a realy hard to protect here something, if you even don`t know english well....

well... i steel can`t understand, what are PvP`ers scared to ???
it`s a same as a team, but with clan tag and appt... and nothing more...

unreal
19-04-07, 16:41
I see exclusion from PvP a big enough penalty, besides the loss of the 4th slot.This isn't a penalty, because the people who choose to stay LE'd are wanting to avoid PvP until they're ready to begin with. I did the very same thing:

I recreated my PE in 2.1 just before 2.2 went retail so I could keep my LE in and level in peace. After two days of having a bit of fun (levelling using vehicles, to bring back a few memories, etc), I was capped (except con). After a bit of experimenting here and there, I eventually LOM'd to drones and reached WoC dex 1 in 6days. That character is still LE'd as I was planning on capping con before removing it, but with 2.2 that no longer matters to me much anymore.

If I didn't have the LE in, and kept my old PE intact, I would have been ganked left right and center while I was levelling, all the while losing items I would have found tedious or expensive to replace. That's a pretty big advantage. The one less brain slot only makes a microscopic difference.

Unreal - Besides the XP and Cash nerf, what other penalties do you think LE'ed people should have for using an LE?Not sure. Apart from those two, any other nerfs I think of seem to be a bit too negative.

Dogface
19-04-07, 17:06
It`s a realy hard to protect here something, if you even don`t know english well....

Don't worry about it :p

well... i steel can`t understand, what are PvP`ers scared to ???

I could ask the same, what are you guys so afraid of that makes you keep your LE in? If my PC could run fraps without dying then I would log in-game, shoot a short movie of me getting absolutely ********** without standing a chance then I'd host it just to show you that there's nothing to care about when you don't have an LE in.

That's exactly what we don't want. Every character who keeps his LE in to join an LE clan is another player who might have taken it out to become a pvper. Which is one more player that makes Neocron a more boring place for the majority.
Besides, that's exactly what a clan is, except you don't pvp (and that's your whole reason behind it).

zii
19-04-07, 17:38
I love this NC Advertisment (http://entry.neocron.com/news/nme/nme.swf)

Darkana
19-04-07, 18:19
I hope you guys spend as much commitment into helping out newbies as you do in the apparent FUD campaign against the concept of LE clans.

Ru-Just-RU
19-04-07, 19:14
I hope you guys spend as much commitment into helping out newbies as you do in the apparent FUD campaign against the concept of LE clans.

true.... LE`d clans is a better way to help new peoples....

-=z=-
19-04-07, 19:20
true.... LE`d clans is a better way to help new peoples....

Hmmm... that's the single best reason you've provided to backup why LE clans would be deserving of taking development time to implement.

I'm now in favor of LE clans.

Ru-Just-RU
20-04-07, 10:31
SO, who is in favor of Le`d Clans else ? ^^

tarasm
20-04-07, 17:52
Me Me Me Me Me!!!!11!!1!!11!!1

Brammers
20-04-07, 17:58
So long as they can't take op's. I'm in favour of LE'ed clans.

P.S. Long time no see Darkana!

naimex
20-04-07, 18:29
So long as they can't take op's. I'm in favour of LE'ed clans.

P.S. Long time no see Darkana!

I think I sexed Darkana all the time, some time ago...

but my memory smells of dead donkeys.

StevenJ
20-04-07, 18:36
Hmmm... that's the single best reason you've provided to backup why LE clans would be deserving of taking development time to implement.

I'm now in favor of LE clans.

Thinking about it this way, yeah, I reckon it would be a good idea. If they can't take ops, of course.

Napalm82
20-04-07, 19:00
Im also with the LE-clan idea so long that they in no way even scratch the PvP scenes (As in OP taking and so on)

- Napalm

zii
21-04-07, 16:13
I am against LE clans.

Bredahl
21-04-07, 23:47
Im also against LE clans.

Asurmen Spec Op
21-04-07, 23:51
Very much against.

Sorry but I dont like the idea of a LE in a cyberpunk game period, and yes I leveled all my characters without one, including when I first joined NC. I took it out on Asurmen at 0/5

Ru-Just-RU
23-04-07, 09:41
so.... waiting for any reaction from KK :)

Bredahl
23-04-07, 10:07
It wont happen, get over it :rolleyes:

Zefrian
23-04-07, 11:20
Yes but for some time evereyone could reimplant the LE and i'm pretty damn sure quite a few people did this to their highlevel or even capped characters just to make sure they can level/tradeskill/whatever safely. This sucks.
I admit, that i'm one of these High-Levels who took the chance and reimplanted the LE (on "my home server MARS").
Why? See, I personally am seldom online and therefore not in a clan. When i do PvE, i mostly do it alone. If someone is killing me, i not only have money loss by genrepping, i also loose "expensive" items in my belt. Due to the fact, that i do not have the resouces to do a great amount of constructions in order to get a very good weapon, or to buy one, or every time to replace other lost items, i took the conseqence and reimplantet the LE in order to have fun playing Neocron.

*You* on the other hand have two choices:

* Accept the LE carrying runners, which have fun in their way and at least you can trade and roleplay with them, or
* "force" them to PvP they don't want - they feel being ganked and leave game at last.

At the end the result is the same: Missing People for PvP.

Carnage
23-04-07, 11:26
so.... waiting for any reaction from KK :)

There is still an answer because its not a "new question/idea".

Brammers gave you the answer from the DEVChat (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2076324&postcount=12).

Ru-Just-RU
23-04-07, 11:42
yea, i mean, waiting for new update with LE`d clans )

Dogface
23-04-07, 14:12
Are you really expecting such a bad idea to be implemented..?

If that shit does happen, us non-LEd players should get something that's equally as significant.

Obsidian X
23-04-07, 14:46
Normally I'm a fierce advocate of LE rights on these forums and the persecution and indignation said LE users often suffer. However in this sense I'm going to have to agree with the anti-LE crowd - clans should be exclusively for non-LE runners only. There has to be some incentive to remove the LE, PVP in itself is not enough. Although the loss of a 4th brainslot hurts more now than ever with many of the 2.2 changes, I still think that LE runners shouldn't form clans.

As it stands, LE runners tend to be loners hunting, or occaisionally small teams of lowbie to mid-level runners. Again while I don't care much for people smack talking, I could see how a large unified group of un-LE'd runners with a bad attitude could piss people off.

Bredahl
23-04-07, 16:25
Are you really expecting such a bad idea to be implemented..?

If that shit does happen, us non-LEd players should get something that's equally as significant.

Nononono they want it so there arent any bad things about being LEd.. they are a bunch of fucking ******'s, and should be skull-********** till they died tbh

censur ftw <3 :lol:

silent000
23-04-07, 16:36
If LE clans are implmented i expect to see an XP reduce for having a Law Enforcer in and either safezones removed or the SL system re-worked

Necpock
23-04-07, 16:48
I think its a bad idea. Due to the fact that clans are based around activities mainly resulting in PvP, you wouldn't really need to be in a clan if you didn't PvP. But as far as tradeskillers are concerned... perhaps make a trdeskill only faction, which has a requirement for the LE to be implanted and over level 30. Just a thought though.

Brammers
23-04-07, 17:16
I think its a bad idea. Due to the fact that clans are based around activities mainly resulting in PvP, you wouldn't really need to be in a clan if you didn't PvP. But as far as tradeskillers are concerned... perhaps make a trdeskill only faction, which has a requirement for the LE to be implanted and over level 30. Just a thought though.

There are tradeskill clans now - infact one clan which has been tradeskilling for years. See below this post, and you will know which clan it is. ;)

Mind you, your idea of a LE'ed tradeskill faction is interesting.

Scaramanga
23-04-07, 19:26
Could someone explain please how making things easier for those who prefer not to pvp would make things more difficult for those who prefer to pvp?
And bear in mind that those who like the atmosphere and feel of the game but not the pvp aspect would quite likely leave if there was no law enforcer option.

The way I see it is that pvpers get the same amount of targets anyway.

SorkZmok
24-04-07, 08:03
Could someone explain please how making things easier for those who prefer not to pvp would make things more difficult for those who prefer to pvp?
And bear in mind that those who like the atmosphere and feel of the game but not the pvp aspect would quite likely leave if there was no law enforcer option.

The way I see it is that pvpers get the same amount of targets anyway.It's not getting more difficult for those who prefer pvp.

It's just that the pvp population will decrease even more while the LE population is on the rise all the time.

And i'm still confident this is simply due to the fact that you don't miss out on anything (except pvp, obviously) anymore with the LE in.

I think there quite a few Le'd people who would actually enjoy the whole pvp thing if only they'd give it a try. But they won't. They whine.

I keep repeating myself here because not one of you tards ever reads the whole thread. Bah. :(

Brammers
24-04-07, 10:56
It's not getting more difficult for those who prefer pvp.

It's just that the pvp population will decrease even more while the LE population is on the rise all the time.

I disagree. I like to know where you are seeing these LE'ed players.

If there are LE'ed clans, there will be more LE'ed players about for a short while until the LE'ed clans decide they want to PvP or take ops. Then the LE will have to come out and they will most likely be over /30. (This is assuming LE'ed clans can't take ops)

Also there is the issue of running a clan, which anyone will know who is a clan leader, isn't the easiest thing in the world.

SorkZmok
24-04-07, 12:38
If there are LE'ed clans, there will be more LE'ed players about for a short while until the LE'ed clans decide they want to PvP or take ops. Then the LE will have to come out and they will most likely be over /30. (This is assuming LE'ed clans can't take ops)
I doubt that LE'd clans will automatically lead to those people taking the LE out to get into pvp really.

Most LE'd people say they don't want to get ganked. And if you listen to them, they make it sound like they would get shot anywhere and all the time.
I see their motivation elsewhere: they are just lazy and want to hunt safely outside the MB, at cycrow, all the dangerous places. Most even give a shit about factions, THEY screw roleplay.

If they can have everything they want with the LE in, why ever take it out? A few more points to a tradeskill if they actually manage to take and hold an op? I doubt that.

But if they are forced to get into the pvp part of NC, they will get used to it. And i don't see that as a bad thing. And once they get used to it and can actually defend themselves or maybe just run away without freezing everytime they get jumped they might see the fun in that. Or the fun you can have in opfights. Or just lurking around in PP3. When it's actually dangerous.

Back when i was a noob, it was such a difference visiting pepper park once i had the LE out. NC actually got exciting. :)

DIABLO666
24-04-07, 14:01
iv never rly used the le even wen i started in nc1 with death waiting around every corner i removed my le at rank /20 an that was like a 3 days after i started playin cos i wanted to join a clan with ma m8, le clans wud remove need for ppl to remove le to join m8s in clan so wud mean even less ppl to pvp wich wud make all the pvpers quit wich then means the traders got no1 to trade with so they would also quit ITS A SPIRAL OF DESTRUCTION!!!. i know sum ppl like the le to stay safe wile they lvl but im afraid i will never agree with capped ppl who keep in a le just so they can go hunting safely lets face it theres hardly any pvp ingame atm anyway (except OP wars) i jus rekon they shud get sum balls like the rest of us, if i wana go hunt rares i shoot my way out of MB or fromt DRT and go hunt, anybody finds me (wich they hardly ever do i kill em simple as that)

William Antrim
24-04-07, 14:08
I removed my le due to xp/cash nerfs in the first instance, then Itak man and hatchetryda pked me and I got proper mad, then some dude called Brossec pk'ed me as well.

The next time he came back i was ready for him as i had a pain easer and the result was much different...

I've never looked back.

L0KI
24-04-07, 14:10
I removed my le due to xp/cash nerfs in the first instance, then Itak man and hatchetryda pked me and I got proper mad, then some dude called Brossec pk'ed me as well.

The next time he came back i was ready for him as i had a pain easer and the result was much different...

I've never looked back.

I took out my LE on day 1. As a 3/4 character, I PKd an 0/2 killing rats in the sewer. Back then, packs dropped (Which beats belts any day!)

William Antrim
24-04-07, 14:25
Yeah but dropping my 2 slotted knife THAT I HAD BUILT MYSELF was no fun, however pking other people in the level 1 sewers was good. I used to love doing that.

Good memories haha.

silent000
24-04-07, 14:27
I took my LE out at /2 on a pistol spy and went to el faird with my clan and killed a fully capped droner ^^

Scaramanga
25-04-07, 00:09
It's not getting more difficult for those who prefer pvp.

And i'm still confident this is simply due to the fact that you don't miss out on anything (except pvp, obviously) anymore with the LE in.

I think there quite a few Le'd people who would actually enjoy the whole pvp thing if only they'd give it a try. But they won't. They whine.

I keep repeating myself here because not one of you tards ever reads the whole thread. Bah. :(

PvPers whine about le'd runners because they cant pvp them, maybe not yourself in particular, but I have certainly heard many others over the years complain about it.

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by people not giving pvp a try and whining about it instead. I've yet to meet someone who hasn't tried it and complains about it.

Plenty of le'd runners have given pvp a try and either put the le back in or make another character and not take it out. It is after all a 4 slot server on Terra so it is viable for people to have le'd and non le'd characters, as I believe, many do (including myself).

It's just a shame that some elements of the pvp community can't accept someone else having a play stlye disimmilar to their own.

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-07, 00:25
Some of us like the cyberpunk 'life is shit then you die' syle that NC should have been :P

DIABLO666
26-04-07, 11:19
i jus dont like capped ppl who are like woc3 but still led!! eg. worc, stiv