PDA

View Full Version : the gunner fund.

THE_TICK!!!!
18-04-07, 02:05
hey ya'll, tick here..do to some unfortunate bug's/ non morallistic players...gunner has gotten robbed of all his stuff...what im doing with this thread is...........im going to start a drive for stuff for gunner..he lost ALL his stuff 3 years worth of collecting. :( i would do this for each and every one of you long time players..and cool new players as well.. so here is the deal, if you have some extra stuff..who cares what it is..maybe a rare part or 2..maybe some armor..or that extra weapon that you dont need..give it to the gunner fun. He has helped many of us in the past when we need it..now its our turn.. so ill start this ballgame..ima give 1 mil, and 2 rare weapons to the gunner fund.. It's well deserved, gunner does allot for the fun and enjoyment of this game.

if you want to make a contrabution to the gunner fund, post on this thread, and get hold of me OR gunner himself and donate something to the fund.

Matanius
18-04-07, 02:33
Hey. I'm a noob here really, been playing about 2-3months but if I can i wud love to help out. The community is fooking great here (mostly :P) and it would be nice to give something back for all the help i've received since i've started.

Only thing is, i'm not sure I have anything of value for someone who has been playing for that long! lol. I can't give money as i only just have enough myself. Don't have any rare weps either. I do have some stuff tho which may be helpful so could you give me an idea of what would be a worth giving? cos i would love to help out.

Apocalypsox
18-04-07, 02:47
Ask gunner if hes got use for a 3 slot Disruptor. Ive got 2 and i really dont need 2.

Dribble Joy
18-04-07, 02:52
It's well deserved, gunner does allot for the fun and enjoyment of this game.
Is this the gunner as in gunnar?

If it's the latter I'd rather strongly disagree. I'd elaborate but I don't want to get banned.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-04-07, 02:52
Being that Gunnar gave me my earp, I'll try to get something for him.

Ask if he needs any ressed rare parts, Ive got a bunch.

THE_TICK!!!!
18-04-07, 03:38
dribble plaz leave the negativity elsewhere, this is a help thread,, if you dont want to help, then leave off :) thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Bredahl
18-04-07, 03:42
IS it gunnar we are talking about here??

Safunte
18-04-07, 04:20
It's well deserved, gunner does allot for the fun and enjoyment of this game.

lawl.

I love this community, alot of fun and laughs.
can't comment on anyofthis however.

Dogface
18-04-07, 08:58
Get stuffed saf.

Thanks.

SorkZmok
18-04-07, 09:40
I'm in. I got a fuckload of rares that i never use. I'm only always broke. :lol:

RogerRamjet
18-04-07, 11:10
If I can find out what my details are i've got some things he can have.

I'd hate to see someone who plays this game for ENJOYMENT give up.

nabbl
18-04-07, 11:18
lol and who robbed his stuff? Oo

CMaster
18-04-07, 11:18
lol and who robbed his stuff? Oo

He's posted in this thread. Although he had help.

pottburter
18-04-07, 11:31
Mars or Terra ?

Thou i doubt it's on Mars, i would be in if he needs stuff on Mars.
He's an arse if you meet him in the wastes, but a nice guy if you meet him in a safezone :)

Burninghead
18-04-07, 11:57
He's an arse if you meet him in the wastes, but a nice guy if you meet him in a safezone :)

Needs more guts than being an arse in safezones and a nice guy in the wastes.
;)

L0KI
18-04-07, 12:43
More details would be useful.

Has Gunnar had his account hacked? Or has he given his details out to someone???

Either way, I'm in. Gunnar IS one of the key names in the NC2 community, and has been great with me every time I have ever asked for help.

Love or hate him, the guys a legend. He doesnt have a bad word to say about anyone, and it would definately suck to see him leave.

Stay with us, Gunnar ;)

rob444
18-04-07, 12:46
If this is Gunnar we are talking about... Last time I saw him he was ally pking low levels in Plaza 2. So no thanks...

spikeownzu
18-04-07, 13:05
ok everybody, i'm now leading this operation as TICK has gone on holiday

anybody with items to donate to gunner please hand them all in to me, and i will present them to him in a wonderful ceramony

technine

silent000
18-04-07, 13:14
Gunnar is considered a penis by alto of people i know, but i have nothing agasint the kid and he has not done anythign to me, so yeh ill donate a couple of mil.

CMaster
18-04-07, 13:56
[ edited ]

RogerRamjet
18-04-07, 14:41
If this is Gunnar we are talking about... Last time I saw him he was ally pking low levels in Plaza 2. So no thanks...

Yeh, the PKers are the real villains here. Not those guys who hack into your account and steal all you items.

Fuck PKers! Long live hackers! :rolleyes:

As for him posting in this thread, I always thought he was a right fucking twat anyway.

William Antrim
18-04-07, 14:46
Love him or hate him this thread got to two pages at least so youve all heard of him.

Id hate to see him quit personally as i like the guy. But then i like terra-ists too and most of you lot dont, apparently.

Conduit
18-04-07, 14:57
I have a poor quality mendicant rifle I can donate.

Oh wait, no i don't.

jini
18-04-07, 16:09
[ edited for consistency] thx to the sharp eyed runner diligent enough to point this out
[ edited ]

rob444
18-04-07, 16:13
Yeh, the PKers are the real villains here. Not those guys who hack into your account and steal all you items.

Fuck PKers! Long live hackers! :rolleyes:

Didn't say that but when I think about it he deserved it ;).

Braywurst
18-04-07, 16:26
lol @ this thread, that guy has done more to hurt the community as a whole than anyone I can think of. And why doesn't he respond to this himself instead of havin Cmaster do it for him?

THE_TICK!!!!
18-04-07, 19:02
ok i didn't start this thread to get people defamed or flamed. i started it for one simple reason..to help out a guy, IF you have any negative things to say go elsewhere and do it, This thread is not about if someone did this or that..bottom line...gunnar had shit now he doesn't, so I was trying to help him out..for those of you who cant understand what was previously writen, then PM me, and ill explain it in further detail. thanks

rob444
18-04-07, 19:20
Tick, I at least think people should have the right to know who he is and what he has done in his past before sending anything to him. Afaik he's been an arse in-game, not only to me but to many other people as well - Ally pking is a great example of that.

Dogface
18-04-07, 19:32
Ally PKing? You really think that's so bad? :wtf:

rob444
18-04-07, 19:39
Kill your allies, get your SL up, rince and repeat just to get easy kills. Yeah I hate it. Allies are allies, not some fragbait.

Hell-demon
18-04-07, 20:08
Gunnar was someone to laugh with and chat to.

I didn't care that he pked just about anyone. This game is about fun, it's not like he's killing people in real life. So what if he killed you, doesn't mean ya can't talk to the bloke.

He used to give me advice over MSN and was generally a good bloke. Gunnar is marmite: you either love him or hate him. Besides it's just a game.

Unfortunetly my subscription ended so I'm not around to give him a helping hand. To be fair no one should give him any stuff. Gunnar is currently fucking a hot woman IRL. He is lucky as it is and doesn't need anything else.

bastard :p

RogerRamjet
19-04-07, 01:06
Didn't say that but when I think about it he deserved it ;).

So you're condoning hackers, but think that a runner who played inside the rules deserves it?

Well done. You must be very proud of yourself.

Dogface
19-04-07, 01:16
I can only think of one person who truly deserves his account to be hacked.. It isn't Gunnar either.

rob444
19-04-07, 01:16
So you're condoning hackers, but think that a runner who played inside the rules deserves it?

Well done. You must be very proud of yourself.

I only said I thought he deserved it - it doesn't mean I think hacking someone's account is right.

And he's been playing inside the rules? Wasn't there someone that mentioned something about a ban on page 1?

NAPPER
19-04-07, 03:54
When i active my account i will give him some shit or whatever

Nick

Apocalypsox
19-04-07, 03:58
Gunnar gave meh his sexxeh setup. I owe him somethin

Gotterdammerung
19-04-07, 05:25
Play nice & stop nitpicking each other

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 08:19
I only said I thought he deserved it - it doesn't mean I think hacking someone's account is right.

And he's been playing inside the rules? Wasn't there someone that mentioned something about a ban on page 1?Gunnar got banned from the forums, but that's easy. I know that. ;)

Ingame he's a nice guy once you get to know him. He just doesn't follow other peoples rules. He managed to get a huge clan going that did pvp, events, rp and all kinds of shit. It was a completely different approach to NC.
I haven't had so much fun in NC since my start in 2002.

Just because someone likes to gank other people doesn't mean he deserves to loose all his stuff.

Personally, i don't know ANYONE who deserves that. Apart from people who cheat and hack and shit. Those deserver a gruesome death but that's something else. And i'm certain Gunnar isn't one of those.

[ edited ]

rob444
19-04-07, 11:10
I still think people need to know what kind of player he is, some people like ally pking some don't.

unreal
19-04-07, 11:15
Apart from people who cheat and hack and shit. Those deserver a gruesome death but that's something else. And i'm certain Gunnar isn't one of those.SL exploiting is just what you described, and he's certainly done his fair share, which isn't too serious, but there are other issues as well. ;) But erm, if he gave out his account details, he should live with the consequences. It's highly unlikely that someone would be able to just guess both his Neocron username and his account password in order to steal all his items. [removed]

CMaster
19-04-07, 11:16
lol @ this thread, that guy has done more to hurt the community as a whole than anyone I can think of. And why doesn't he respond to this himself instead of havin Cmaster do it for him?

http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=20903
http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=33428
http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=36627

And thats only the 3 I can remember. There are several others.
And no, he hasn't done more to damage the community than anyone else. Many have done far worse.

RogerRamjet
19-04-07, 12:34
SL exploiting is just what you described, and he's certainly done his fair share, which isn't too serious, but there are other issues as well. ;) But erm, if he gave out his account details, he should live with the consequences. It's highly unlikely that someone would be able to just guess both his Neocron username and his account password in order to steal all his items. [removed]

I've love to see how you know what these "other issues" are. Considering that for the majority of FETISHs history a GM often kept tabs on Gunnar and other members, and found nothing that violated the rules, people still seem to think they know best, and that the GMs were wrong, especially on this forum, eh Unreal?

unreal
19-04-07, 13:43
It's called speaking to some of them (including Gunnar and other FETISH members), and them merely saying what they've been up to? The only slightly exploitative thing I can mention here is something that isn't really an exploit as such, but it's pathetic either way.

Making people lose SoulLight on purpose. Namely running into a cave with no expensive items on you (or in other words, the good old Crossbow PE setup which most FETISH members were), purposely shooting people so they retaliate and lose all their SL, only then to return to the cave and kill them so they drop an easy belt to hack, possibly even red SL. That's only the beginning of the list, the more truly 'naughty' things can't be spoken about on the forum.
people still seem to think they know best, and that the GMs were wrong, especially on this forum, eh Unreal?I'm only speak about things I've seen and experienced myself first hand, so lose the stupid "you're never wrong, eh Unreal?" attitude with me. Just because GM's aren't active enough to monitor the actions of one person most of the day let alone other members of a whole clan, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. More often than not, it does happen. In all likelyhood you've probably done the very same thing.

It's not like I don't like Gunnar or other people who did things like that, they've always been fun and they're decent people, but they've also done a large share of cheating in their time.

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 13:53
It's called speaking to some of them (including Gunnar and other FETISH members), and them merely saying what they've been up to? The only slightly exploitative thing I can mention here is something that isn't really an exploit as such, but it's pathetic either way.

Making people lose SoulLight on purpose. Namely running into a cave with no expensive items on you (or in other words, the good old Crossbow PE setup which most FETISH members were), purposely shooting people so they retaliate and lose all their SL, only then to return to the cave and kill them so they drop an easy belt to hack, possibly even red SL. That's only the beginning of the list, the more truly 'naughty' things can't be spoken about on the forum.I'm only speak about things I've seen and experienced myself first hand, so lose the stupid "you're never wrong, eh Unreal?" attitude with me. Just because GM's aren't active enough to monitor the actions of one person most of the day let alone other members of a whole clan, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. More often than not, it does happen. In all likelyhood you've probably done the very same thing.

It's not like I don't like Gunnar or other people who did things like that, they've always been fun and they're decent people, but they've also done a large share of cheating in their time.
We got it. You good, Gunnar bad. Now get over it. This thread isn't about what he might've done.

unreal
19-04-07, 14:10
Again, like Roger, stop the fucking attitude with me? It's not about me being "good" and him being "bad", or any of that pathetic bullshit. People deserve to know the things he has (not 'might have') done before emptying their pocket.

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 14:19
Again, like Roger, stop the fucking attitude with me? It's not about me being "good" and him being "bad", or any of that pathetic bullshit. People deserve to know the things he has (not 'might have') done before emptying their pocket.
I'm pretty damn sure the people that are willing to give him stuff know him good enough to judge for themselves.
They don't need someone to tell them what he has done. Whatever that is you seem to have proof of and whatnot. No one cares really.

spikeownzu
19-04-07, 14:41
gunner was nab

if u wanna give anybody anything then give it to nub's who just joined game

Selendor
19-04-07, 15:23
Spike has a point. If there was ever a need for a fund in this game it would be for those rare souls who actually sign up as new players. With levelling supposedly made harder (I wouldn't know) and money hard to come by, we should help any true low level player we can.

Not that most of you don't help newbies out already, its just good to keep an eye out for them ;)

spikeownzu
19-04-07, 15:30
i want ur sig sel...

but with my name :D

rob444
19-04-07, 16:26
We got it. You good, Gunnar bad. Now get over it. This thread isn't about what he might've done.

You are right, this thread is about giving away free items to an imo offensive player who probably did account sharing with another player (the "hacker"). The thing is though, IMO, people need to know what kind of player he is because I'm sure as hell that most neocron players with common sense wouldn't give away items to someone they might dislike. If you don't like our criticism I guess you could just ignore our posts instead of trying to cover up after Gunnar's mess.

Dogface
19-04-07, 16:32
You are right, this thread is about giving away free items to an imo offensive player who probably did account sharing with another player (the "hacker").

WRONG.

The thing is though, IMO, people need to know what kind of player he is because I'm sure as hell that most neocron players with common sense wouldn't give away items to someone they might dislike. If you don't like our criticism I guess you could just ignore our posts instead of trying to cover up after Gunnar's mess.

I'm sure if people gave him items, he won't forget it. So it's not like he's going to PK them or steal their belt or what ever. If you want to be able to tell people what he's really like, tell them to get to know him before you start spreading shit.

Braywurst
19-04-07, 16:37
Wasnt Gunnar also a member of the clan BIBO? I do believe that clan did some very bad things... You guys should give the stuff to the lowbies so Gunnar can pk them in leveling area's and hack the stuff from them like he usually does :angel:

rob444
19-04-07, 16:38
WRONG.

Why don't you enlighten us how the hacker gained access to his Neocron account then?

If you want to be able to tell people what he's really like, tell them to get to know him before you start spreading shit.

Called facts.

William Antrim
19-04-07, 16:54
Why don't you enlighten us how the hacker gained access to his Neocron account then?

Called facts.

Someone who shall remain nameless warped into his apartment and found some stuff that he had left there thinking it was safe in a belt. the belt contained keys for other apts apparently whch stored more stuff. The people who got the stuff went on to clear everything out.

thats the way i heard it from sources close to all parties anyway.

It wasnt hacked, it was done by some two-faced assholes with a grudge.

Butterball indeed Tickster!

;)

rob444
19-04-07, 17:06
Someone who shall remain nameless warped into his apartment and found some stuff that he had left there thinking it was safe in a belt. the belt contained keys for other apts apparently whch stored more stuff. The people who got the stuff went on to clear everything out.

Well I must admit that does sound a bit far fetched but yeah it could be possible I guess. I'd say it must be one hell of a coincidence someone that happened to be a hacker warped into his apartment when Gunnar wasn't there? Never actually experienced a warp into someone's apartment when that someone hasn't been there, don't know if it's technically possible.
And who carries around keys with red soullight? And why didn't he pick that belt up which was so damn important?

And I've never seen a key drop before in my life (I don't carry them often so I can't confirm if it's possible or not) :P

Dogface
19-04-07, 17:17
Well I must admit that does sound a bit far fetched but yeah it could be possible I guess.

Well it happened.

I'd say it must be one hell of a coincidence someone that happened to be a hacker warped into his apartment when Gunnar wasn't there? Never actually experienced a warp into someone's apartment when that someone hasn't been there, don't know if it's technically possible.
And who carries around keys with red soullight? And why didn't he pick that belt up which was so damn important?

A lot of people hack now, because it's so easy to afford the points.

Anyway, warping into an empty apartment is possible (ANY bug is possible in this game :p )
He wasn't carrying them on red SL. He left them in a belt in an old TH apartment that he doesn't use, incase anything happened to his account. If that was the case, he could run there on a new account and take his apartment keys without losing all his shiznit when he had to start over. I thought it was quite smart.
It's just unfortunate that the plan that was meant to help him incase of emergency, actually got him screwed over pretty bad.
Also, when someone has bad SL (which Gunnar frequently does) people can see a list of all their apartments on the NCPD list. So it's possible that if that apartment belonged to the Gunnar Aegirson character, they could have luckily found their way in.. That's also a long shot though, but possible.

I was also told by someone aparently 'involved' that the password to his apartment was the same as his account password (Gunnar also told me when he logged in all his characters were in the same spot, someone had moved them).

Selendor
19-04-07, 17:21
Leaving important keys in a quickbelt seems very strange to me, someone would have to have killed you in that apartment in the first place, and you would have to have not emptied it else it would have disappeared. I've actually never tried depositing items back into a quickbelt, is it possible?

Not knowing anything about this, is seems likely to me that someone's got hold of his password.

Dogface
19-04-07, 17:25
I just explained why he left them in a belt in an apartment (it's probably the best way to actually use an apartment key. Would you leave your spare/only house key inside your house if you get 'locked out' (banned)?). To drop a belt you can just kill self to drop one anyway. Depositing items into belts is also possible, it's amusing to replace someone's dropped item with their dogtag :)

[edit]

Gunnar also said he never gave his account password out.

William Antrim
19-04-07, 17:27
Leaving important keys in a quickbelt seems very strange to me, someone would have to have killed you in that apartment in the first place, and you would have to have not emptied it else it would have disappeared. I've actually never tried depositing items back into a quickbelt, is it possible?

Not knowing anything about this, is seems likely to me that someone's got hold of his password.

Set kill self mean anything to you? Hacking your own belt is more than possible, Ive got a belt in one of my chars apts thats been there since the start of nc2. I did a set kill self to wipe off a buff. If you had red sl at the time then this will be a red sl belt. Yes its possible, hence gunnar got rinsed of all his stuff by those people.

If you re-read Dogfaces post, all the rest becomes clear. It happened.

Dogface
19-04-07, 17:30
Hope Gunnar doesn't mind me posting all this :confused:

William Antrim
19-04-07, 17:33
You didnt, I did. I wouldnt worry about it. You've said nothing defamatory against him.

Names were changed to protect the innocent and all that.

Doc Holliday
19-04-07, 18:26
i would offer a hand if i can.

As for the story about what happened all of these instances are true. Yes its a far fetched story as u might think but its possible. Its actually a very clever way of having a cabinet in clear access if ever its needed a bit like the old safes that you got in the clan appartments for tangent in NC1. (dunno if you still get them) you only need 30 hack to get in to them so you could easily stash things in and pass out to another char, i was considering using one for rares but i figured someone might come along not in clan and hack it.

Too many people are treating this thread as the boy who cried wolf and not really believing things. At the end of the day it was a nice gesture by tick. Anyone who is friends with Gunnar would i assume help him out. The ones who dont well dont worry about it. just keep your stuff safe in future.

Besides. He is with r2k now no? They have like 5 slot everything :D (just playing Tyler and co of course)

jini
19-04-07, 18:38
I just explained why he left them in a belt in an apartment (it's probably the best way to actually use an apartment key. Would you leave your spare/only house key inside your house if you get 'locked out' (banned)?). To drop a belt you can just kill self to drop one anyway. Depositing items into belts is also possible, it's amusing to replace someone's dropped item with their dogtag :)

[edit]

Gunnar also said he never gave his account password out.
you can also store keys in your primary apt.
no key needed, as long as you point on it, so you can put all keys in there

CMaster
19-04-07, 18:46
Besides. He is with r2k now no? They have like 5 slot everything :D (just playing Tyler and co of course)

I don't think you need jest. They probably do have 5 slot everything. I actually can't think of any existing items that R2K don'y have from their many event victories etc. And don't doubt their ability to farm - when somebody collects over 8000 wood to bring to that auction, collecting enough techs to build every rare again and again doesn't sound improbable.

elGringo
19-04-07, 18:53
don't doubt their ability to farm - when somebody collects over 8000 wood ...

Looks like our guys are prime when it comes to taking out dull tasks :p
topic is being discussed here (http://www.r2k-ua.net/board/showthread.php?tid=864) btw.

it's not the items or money or appatments that leave a bad taste here - fuck the items... its people and their actions that put me off.

Selendor
19-04-07, 19:09
Yes its possible, hence gunnar got rinsed of all his stuff by those people.

If you re-read Dogfaces post, all the rest becomes clear. It happened.

Thats fine, I wasn't sure if it was possible to add items back to a belt is all. I guess what I'm saying is that it seems a very accute set of circumstances, if it happened like that, surely the chances were like 10000 to 1. If it did, then thats some bad luck!

rob444
19-04-07, 19:21
Why would he want to store stuff in a belt, just in case what? A ban? Well that does sound a bit suspicious tbh.

William Antrim
19-04-07, 19:31
Why would he want to store stuff in a belt, just in case what? A ban? Well that does sound a bit suspicious tbh.

Because its cheaper than buying a cabinet? who knows!

rob444
19-04-07, 19:33
True but outside the apartment? :rolleyes:

Doc Holliday
19-04-07, 19:35
anythin could happen. its like planning for all eventualities or its there for safe keeping or what ever. maybe the cabs were all full. maybe he didnt know where his prim appartment was and decided to stash everything else in tehre or maybe it was full and he decided to use the belt as storage.

Gotterdammerung
19-04-07, 22:38
some of you need to stop the pissing contests. I don't want to have to edit this thread any further

RogerRamjet
20-04-07, 00:09

I don't have an attitude with you. You're an avatar in an online game, or a profile on an online forum. If I had an attitude with you, I could quite happily fill my posts with streams of endless profanities. Pointlessly, of course. There are enough people in my day to day life that I have an attitude with to worry about someone who I will not (more than likely) ever meet.

But thanks anyway.

THE_TICK!!!!
20-04-07, 02:06
THIS post is getting out of hand..close plz

Gotterdammerung
20-04-07, 04:03
closed as per thread starters request