PDA

View Full Version : Been getting the NC Itch

Omnituens
17-04-07, 01:33
Thats right, I've been waiting for another FPSMMORPG with a scifi feel to come along... and nothing has.

Now, some of you might remember me as "omg that hybrid", however looking at the chip and skill/spell changes, it looks like they have essentailly removed hybrid from the game, and APUs seems stupidly weak without support. So are all monks PPUs now?

I can't STAND being the healer.

The other thing holding me back is the fact I can't have my name changed. whish is a little annoying.

Dribble Joy
17-04-07, 02:00
There's allways the nanites heals/shields. Go APU perhaps and use them.

Regardless, come back anyway.

Judge
17-04-07, 02:19
Holy shit its Omnituens.

I remember you from way back dude...

Doc Holliday
17-04-07, 09:02
Hello Omni. i wondered when you would feel the pull after i read your college assignment thread a few months back :)

CMaster
17-04-07, 15:23
There's allways the nanites heals/shields. Go APU perhaps and use them.

Regardless, come back anyway.

I wouldn't recommend it. APUs can use the bottom TL advanced SPIT tool (and the top level basic SPIT, but those things are a fucking joke). However, an APU doing so will be so spectacuarly slow that the defence boost doesn't really make up for.

Edit: Apparently, sometimes nanites even provide negative shielding.
Observe:

Damage: 18.362 Target Piercing HitZone 2 - Part 1
Damage: 18.457 (Reduction: -0.095 - -0.518 Percentage) - Damage reduced by shield
Damage: 13.870 (Reduction: 4.492 - 24.463 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
Damage: 10.706 (Reduction: 7.656 - 41.693 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
Results of this target: Damage 10.706 (Reduction: 7.656 - 41.693 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.750!

:confused: Wait, what? :wtf:

Nanite healing is of course, still quite practical, as is making use of the antinegative status/antibuff nanites (CIT) nanites that were supposedly designed for PEs buthav reqs far easier to reach for an APU (or indeed PPU, but why a PPU would want to is another matter).

Omnituens
17-04-07, 19:30
nah, if my hybrid is defunct AND cant have a name change then i wont return.

My Psi core/DS will probably have defaulted to the PPU versions anyway.

and my rifle spy isnt reason enough to come back, except if there was more people playing.

Nullvoid
17-04-07, 19:33
There is only one version of the dim splitter so no worries there. And the psi-core will default to the apu version (crahn combat core) so again no worries.

You can certainly try making a hybrid, but it won't be overpowered in the slightest (such a shame) :)

darkservent
17-04-07, 21:33
wasup omni, Dont Mess / Dilly here....how comes u missed the free trial.....in all honesty the game has triple the amount of bugs then it did wen u left but its still aite, i mite reactivate after exams. Give it a try

rob444
17-04-07, 23:11
Omnituens, get your ass back to the #neocron channel on ETG and that's not a suggestion!

Omnituens
18-04-07, 01:42
wasup omni, Dont Mess / Dilly here....how comes u missed the free trial.....in all honesty the game has triple the amount of bugs then it did wen u left but its still aite, i mite reactivate after exams. Give it a try

I receive no messages from KK saying that there WAS a free trial. If there was, I would have done.

Dribble Joy
18-04-07, 02:57
I receive no messages from KK saying that there WAS a free trial. If there was, I would have done.
Hehe. We argued so long for then to send out mails to inactive acctions with the start of 2.2, but they didn't.

Omnituens
18-04-07, 17:19
whats the point in offering old accounts a free trial, and not tell them?

...typical...

rob444
18-04-07, 18:32
Yeah, I wondered why they never did it. It would probably have boosted the pops a lot more if they had.

darkservent
19-04-07, 00:59
yeh they should have i only found out by chance...i was bored and thought leme see if ncs got anythin new and i saw the post about a free trial