PDA

View Full Version : Patch 163 Notes

SnowCrash
16-04-07, 15:30
- Normal Law Enforcer rules re-enabled! Runners can't implant a law enforcer if their skill rank is above 30.

- A runner can overcast a support effect if it was applied by another runner (self-cast over foreign-cast) to disable high level shitbuffs.
- NPCs will now use the gunner instead of the vehicle as damage applier to put him on their aggro list.
- Logs now work if the character name has less than 4 characters.
- Changed some values in the distance calculation for drones to get better aiming - especially on drones with a low techlevel.
- Effects like Barrel modules no longer deal damage after the damage dealer switches to another zone (it was possible to damage LE players this way).
- Fixed a bug where the build time in the construction process was skipped.
- Fixed a bug where non-rare items were constructed with low condition.
- Raised the construction cap for non-rare items (higher quality).
- Lowered WoC disk drop rate.
- Lowered price of Rhino V3 key.
- Added a TL 40 variation of personal injector (heal). Check the BT Database.
- Nanite concentration of heal injection reduced to 20 (was 30).
- Gaya Tacholytium Gauntlet (Epic) has a new Techlevel of 56 (was 40).

- Damage reduction of 10 percent for PvP. Explanation: We've decided at the beginning of the balancing project to make the duration of fights longer and more tactical - not shorter! So please understand (especially the english community) this decision. If player setups are changing to i.e. better resistance we can easily rearrange this modifier.
- Psi-based shields (i.e. deflector) are 5% more effective. This applies to all kinds of these shields in [b]non-PPU-selfcast.
- Reduction of drone resistance to 0.50 (was 0.65). The resistances of drone will be calculated from thier energy value.

Changes to weapon construction:

Influence factors:
- Construction value (INT, DEX, CST)
- Weapon TechLevel
- Random quality reduction of up to 15 percent

When calculating the quality of a weapon, the construction value is usually well above the constructed weapon's TechLevel. There now is a softcap in place when evaluating the effects of skills, this however lead to problems in the past - which is why there is now a quality cap in place. This quality cap is more of a safety measure than a real limitation. When building rares, you won't notice much of a difference, if any (test results: 100% - 120%) - the cap for non-rares is higher now (test results: up to 100%). The slots probability for all weapons remains the same.

The goal was to let the a good conster build good quality weapons - that goal was met. Investing into construction is wort it, as it increases the chance to build weapons at the quality cap.

[F6]Knight
16-04-07, 15:39
allow me to say: WTF ???? lowered woc disk drop rate ???
the past week i ve been reading nothing but complaints from people that they spent up to 40 hours for some in the ceres labs without getting a single disk ... what the hell is going on?

i guess KK wants everyone and their cat to have a droner to get from 0/2 to WOC 1 in 3 days and then spend eternity soloing ceres labs to get a disk

nabbl
16-04-07, 15:43
lol newb... woc disc drop rate was much too high. a clanmate got several woc discs during 3 days -.-

Dogface
16-04-07, 15:44

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME?

(other changes are nice though)

Brammers
16-04-07, 15:48
Construction changes....ok :confused: ...well I'm confused until I try construction later.

As for the PvP changes, fights are longer in 2.2, just some of the overpowered weapons that everyone uses is shortening the fights.

So at this stage, sorry I don't understand the 10% reduction in, when 2.2 did achieve the goal of making the duration of fights longer and more tactical. (Although I am glad you didn't go for the 20% option)

Edit: Although the rest of the patch notes look good. (Except the WOC disk changes)

dezuzi
16-04-07, 15:49
look on the bright side !
nice changes :)

CMaster
16-04-07, 15:51
The boost to shields is certainly nice to PEs, and will perhaps encourage more spies to think about mixing psi and nanite defence.

The repurcussions of a higher heal tool will have to wait on seeing its reqs and effectiventess.

Changing the nanite charge on the heal tool doesn't really change anything. If you used SPIT tools, you couldn't really nanite heal any how (30 seconds of healing but 2 minutes of nanite concentration = not practical).

Again, be interested to see if the effects on the gaya have also changed...

I don't approve of the PvP damage nerf. I still think most people who wanted it wanted it because certain weapons were overpowered. Well, with a damage nerf now they are even more overpowered. Great... Lets see some weapon adjustments soon huh? (Ze germans have already done tests that show that the damage/TL curve that is supposedly there isn't really). Also, combined with a shield boost, PPU + DD is going to be a lot more powerful now, quite possibly more so than 2 x DD.

Pretty sure drones are still going to be too tough.

CST - I'll say more when/if I see what kinda results people get and understand better what is meant.

Still, keep working on it guys...

[F6]Knight
16-04-07, 15:55
lol newb... woc disc drop rate was much too high. a clanmate got several woc discs during 3 days -.-

well considering all the complaints on the forums about woc disk drop rate being too low and replies in this topic agreeing on the same thing, i shall call you a noob.
but we ll see
gonna take some trips to the ceres labs myself soon. with tank/ppu and also try a bit with droner and see if i can get lucky.

nabbl
16-04-07, 15:58
"all the complaints" -.-

3 or 4 people whine about the drop rate cause they dont know what to hunt or how to hunt efficiently in the woc caves.

"ive been 50 hours down there and looted nothing"... thats shit... they were 50 hours down there killing every experimental and cleaning the whole cave. learn how to farm woc discs and u get several of them in a short time.

dont listen to the people complaining in the forums, try to find out yourself.

gstyle40
16-04-07, 16:10
well, ill tell u this. woc disk drop rates hav been very low as a whole since 2.2 started i hav a droner logged out there hav been for about 3 weeks and hav yet to see a woc disk. i hav a friend who has been triin for 2 months to get one and has not. all we kill r proto's and then reset. then there r the lucky ones that go down there and get a disk in their second or third proto (lucky bastards :p) i also no for a fact that a certain clan seem to know when everything is gonna happen b4 it actually happens and ends up benefiting from that info (ie lowerd drop rate of said disk ect. ect. ect.). not really fair to the rest of the community, but whatever. and dont try to tell me its not true, ive witnessed this first hand and know its true.

Dogface
16-04-07, 16:11
"all the complaints" -.-

3 or 4 people whine about the drop rate cause they dont know what to hunt or how to hunt efficiently in the woc caves.

"ive been 50 hours down there and looted nothing"... thats shit... they were 50 hours down there killing every experimental and cleaning the whole cave. learn how to farm woc discs and u get several of them in a short time.

[ edited ], I know (I'm sure everyone else does too) exactly where/how to hunt. It's not hard to figure out.

[edit]

The drop rate doesn't need to be lowered and lowered and lowered in order to be fixed, it needs a set rate with some fuckin consistency. Not like it is now where some people can get one in a few days whereas others won't see a single disk through weeks of farming.

Braywurst
16-04-07, 16:15
I really wish you guys would stop messing around with the construction stats, it really messes up the economy. I now have to rebuild every single non rare item I've built since the last patch to obtain the better stats. Everything built (non rare) before this patch is essentially worthless now.

braydagner
16-04-07, 16:27
Shutup braywurst, the good outweighs the bad in this patch ^_^

[F6]Knight
16-04-07, 16:35
[ edited ], I know (I'm sure everyone else does too) exactly where/how to hunt. It's not hard to figure out.

[edit]

The drop rate doesn't need to be lowered and lowered and lowered in order to be fixed, it needs a set rate with some fuckin consistency. Not like it is now where some people can get one in a few days whereas others won't see a single disk through weeks of farming.

this can be fixed soooooo easily but i think KK cant be bothered or they are simply too lazy and rather have some ppl get one after 3 kills and others spending weeks there without getting one. which is really unfair.

now for the fix: ppl dont wanna see woc disks turning into quest related items but they can so easily be made into a quest reward and still be as common (or uncommon) as KK wants them to be
lets say KK sets the droprate to 1% (just a random number)
that means that THEORETICALLY, if you kill 100 prototypes you should get 1 disk. now some ppl kill 3 to get a disk ... others kill 500+ without any luck.
well simply remove the luck factor
add a mission that starts in the WoC temple and you have to go and kill 100 prototypes (with enough time to do it offcourse)
after the 100 kills you go back to the temple and get a WoC disk
or remove the woc disks and the mission just gives you a woc level right away.
that also effectively ends the 'droner plague' if people are forced to do the mission with the char they want woc on.
this way the luck factor gets totaly removed and we reach the actualy 1% 'droprate' that KK set (once again. just a random number. i dont know what actualy % they set it to)
then for WoC 2, 3 and so on just add missions that require even more prototype kills. (200, 300, ... whatever KK wants)
this way everyone can get WoC without having to worry "ooh shall i get a disk on my 3rd kill or will i have to spend 3 weeks down there killing 300 prototypes to get my first disk" ...
i wouldnt even mind a mission to kill 1000 freaking prototypes to get woc. or even 2000. but at least with a mission like that, people will know "whew, after i kill a few hundred more of these bastards i will have my woc lvl for sure"
this makes the game fair again and by just setting the kill ammount for the mission really high (few hundred or even few thousands) will mean that people will still need to spend days or weeks down there killing stuff to get a woc lvl. but at least they will know they will get a woc lvl at the end of it and they will also know when they end will be reached. something like that is so much more powerful than people going down there hoping to get one fast but in fact spending weeks down there without getting anything. thats the kind of shit that makes some people quit a game. some people really dont have any luck in life. lets just try to keep things fair and equal for everyone. KK wants to balance things ... well this is something that needs balancing.

the solution is so simple and obvious ... plz KK consider this and make a lot of people happy while still keeping woc disks as uncommon as you want em to be (by increasing the mount of kills that need to be made to complete the mission)

Zheo
16-04-07, 16:36
"all the complaints" -.-

In responce to this, It came to my attention, that some ceres labs do not drop woc disks at all while others do. So anyone having an issue getting a disk should change the lab they use, There are 10 labs out there. If you feel one lab is not producing woc disks, make an note and let KK know, assuming they get alot of detailed information they may learn which labs are "bugged" and thus fix just those labs.

unreal
16-04-07, 16:38
Very nice patch, and one thing's for sure, I'm glad LOM pills are staying as they are. They're just perfect now, as the often huge XP loss depending on your class, still more than makes up the 'negative' effect of changing your setup. :rolleyes:
Lowered WoC disk drop rate.Excellent! It's about time the exploit sector is more of a timesync considering how easy it became to get WoC discs. Because of people getting so many throughout the last year, people have begun thinking it was the norm, and now whined enormously when they had to spend a couple of days down there. If only WoC discs became really rare as they used to be back when the other Ceres Labs were open.
Added a TL 40 variation of personal injector (heal). Check the BT Database.Nice, I hope it's worth using, as the lower version of the tool generally isn't. :)
Raised the construction cap for non-rare items (higher quality).Excellent decision. I'm hoping this was to correct what became the result of the construction issue. Lots of people were able to build higher stat nanotools and various other items which gave them a slight advantage.
Nanite concentration of heal injection reduced to 20 (was 30).It's an improvement, but for the heals I think there shouldn't be any drugflash effects added when injecting heal nanites. Tanks won't often get drugflash for using their nanites, which means the concentration is going to affect Spies mostly. Though I guess they may just be intended to be used by Tanks primarily.

Zheo
16-04-07, 16:50
[b]
- Added a TL 40 variation of personal injector (heal). Check the BT Database.
- Nanite concentration of heal injection reduced to 20 (was 30).

So why Biotech Database? Personally i think the KK really screwed up big time with the FSM and Database, some factions (including Tsunami) have nothing worth having or nothing at all in their Database/FSM, while others like Black Dragon, Twilight Guardian, Biotech, have important items vital to set ups, for example, every player is going to need biotech FSM for the level 3 implants, Tanget, for the eyes, Tanks will need CM if they want Camo, and TG if they want non camo pa.

Kinda screws you over if their aren't many people in that faction like, Black Dragon which has a low population.... just a though there though.

Dribble Joy
16-04-07, 16:53
- A runner can overcast a support effect if it was applied by another runner (self-cast over foreign-cast) to disable high level shitbuffs.
- NPCs will now use the gunner instead of the vehicle as damage applier to put him on their aggro list.
- Logs now work if the character name has less than 4 characters.
General sex.

- Changed some values in the distance calculation for drones to get better aiming - especially on drones with a low techlevel.
All we need, even more powerful drones....

Is this a typing error? Because if it's not this is truely insane.

- Damage reduction of 10 percent for PvP. Explanation: We've decided at the beginning of the balancing project to make the duration of fights longer and more tactical - not shorter! So please understand (especially the english community) this decision. If player setups are changing to i.e. better resistance we can easily rearrange this modifier.
What about the single shot and burst weapon issue?

- Psi-based shields (i.e. deflector) are 5% more effective. This applies to all kinds of these shields in [b]non-PPU-selfcast.
5% increase as in from 10% to 15% or 10% to 10.5%?

General sex at the cst changes, need to see some results though.

Zheo
16-04-07, 16:55
Ze germans have already done tests that show that the damage/TL curve that is supposedly there isn't really).

Any link to that info, and possible translation?

and no PVE changes saddly.

CMaster
16-04-07, 17:19
So why Biotech Database?
A: because the storyline bit for nanites says that BT make the regen nanite tech.
B: Because BT FDB got rather ********** by 2.2 and was left with only one item in.

As for the info - can't recall where, but in some thread I saw a spreadsheet with total DoT of most of the guns, after reload taken into account.

unreal
16-04-07, 17:20
Lowered WoC disk drop rateIs this a typing error? Because if it's not this is truely insane.Feel free to ignore that part of his post Snowcrash. Great decision. Hopefully WoC discs are on their way to become rare again. 8|

Seraphin[69]
16-04-07, 17:20
Lowered WoC disk drop rate

LMAO...

Never dropped one myself and now it's even lowered...

Look like KK didn't get it... The WOC people we see actually are not the one getting disks from the labs but the one using the disks they tactized when there was a bug...

And no nerf on the firemobs OMG ^^

unreal
16-04-07, 17:22
Just because you aren't getting discs doesn't mean others aren't. WoC discs dropped very often from the labs. Last week alone just one friend of mine farmed 5 of them with a PPU/Tank/leeching Spy combination, another got 2 discs, and another two people got 1 disc each. That's not including all the people in big clans who sit there 24/7 to get their characters closer to WoC 3.

Dribble Joy
16-04-07, 17:30
I want to know who these people are and what on earth they are doing.

Phoenix hasn't found a disk in weeks if not months as far as I am aware.

Like I said elsewhere, lowering the drop rate because of overpowered drones/weapons and use of a safe spot is not the way to solve the issue.

ashley watts
16-04-07, 17:30
[[BALANCING CHANGES]
- Damage reduction of 10 percent for PvP.

You are joking ?

I don't get it, you lower damage by 10% instead of correctly balancing weapons before hand, Disgusting i do say.

kane
16-04-07, 17:37
ahh I'm glad I did not waist a ton of cash :)

ocman1
16-04-07, 18:18
Does this mean the noob drones will actually work now?

Sarduin
16-04-07, 18:42
Negative, the starting drone at least still doesn't work.

SorkZmok
16-04-07, 19:36
High TL drones still wtfpwn everything with ease. Absolutely not even remotely in line with every other weapon skill.

Apart from that, nice.

kg-ua
16-04-07, 19:58
me thinks patch is ok, am completly satisfied, nice work.

J J
16-04-07, 20:05
164 notes?.....

ridec
16-04-07, 20:07
stop crying about the lowered WoC disc drop rate , it's ment to be a very rare item, so let it be!!!!!!

GJ KK!

Now just fix the damn bugs. Would be very nice to move some of the sync zones.

naimex
16-04-07, 20:48
I like what I read, assuming I read it right, that the LE aoe drone thing had been fixed.

Dogface
16-04-07, 20:54

..lol.

Sure you have a clue?

Dribble Joy
16-04-07, 21:04
Got some results for the new shield levels:

PE, 86 PPU, 43 FCS.

Blessed deflector (116% dmg, need to get an arti one - 124% dmg) - 15.573%

Absorber (133% dmg) - 13.738%

Protector (141% dmg) - 10.033%

CMaster
16-04-07, 21:33
Got some results for the new shield levels:

PE, 86 PPU, 43 FCS.

Blessed deflector (116% dmg, need to get an arti one - 124% dmg) - 15.573%

Protector (133% dmg) - 13.738%

Absorber (141% dmg) - 10.033%

Not quite sure how "5%" fits into that - before my PE's shields were 12% ish blessed def, 10%ish abosrber, just below 7% for protector.

Dribble Joy
16-04-07, 21:43
Whoops, corrected.

Necpock
16-04-07, 22:00
Sorry. I just rofl'd at these patch notes. Is there a:

/reroll patch_162 1

Command around?

Absolutly not impressed, KK.

THE_TICK!!!!
16-04-07, 22:06
pvp a step in the right direction i think, i mean two well set up pe's going at it, and one dies in under a clip, or max 2 clips..its not fun in my opinion, hell me and jester fought for 15 min's or so in neofrag one time...its was freakin palms sweating GREAT !! EDIT :) whats in patch 164 ?

William Antrim
16-04-07, 22:12
pvp a step in the right direction i think, i mean two well set up pe's going at it, and one dies in under a clip, or max 2 clips..its not fun in my opinion, hell me and jester fought for 15 min's or so in neofrag one time...its was freakin palms sweating GREAT !! EDIT :) whats in patch 164 ?

Big momma gets a BIG nerf with her ion cannon hopefully. :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
16-04-07, 22:15
Although I like the changes I believe your pvp changes are utterly wrong, using your goal as my evidence(by your patch notes atleast).

Fights are longer, anyone who says otherwise is wrong. The problem is that certain weapons do insane damages, and burst weapons get the shaft.
An earp is lower TL than a libby, hit every shot with a earp clip and itll hurt a hell of a lot(kill alot of people) hit everyone shot with a libby at best you'll take em to half HP.

if you want to see your problems with PVP I'd advise you look at the weapons everyone uses and the weapons no one uses.

In this game, almost no one uses underpowered weapons, almost everyone uses overpowered.

Look at the amount of creed/dev/freeman users out there and its obvious. Im even thinking the earp may be somewhat overpowered(and its my love weapon) but I havent tested it against setups that dont suck ;).

I think you should remove the 10% damage reduction and instead look at guns like freeman and creed which do insane damage. by lowering 10% across the board the same balance issues are still there, and there has been no real balancing(if you take away from both sides of the scale an equal amount, its still just as unbalanced).

Edit: maybe a 10% lower across the board was good, however the balance issues that actually exists are in my opinion a bit more important than cross the board lowering.

~~Assy

CMaster
16-04-07, 22:30
whats in patch 164 ?

patches\cp000164.pat
Patchfile found
opening defs\items.def
found in single packed file.
defs\items.def successfully patched
opening ini\hash.ini
found as single file
ini\hash.ini successfully patched
opening neocron.tll
found as single file
neocron.tll successfully patched

So, a fix to something in the items that presumably 163 broke, and perhaps some other minor fix.

Voldemort
16-04-07, 22:48
']LMAO...

Never dropped one myself and now it's even lowered...

Look like KK didn't get it... The WOC people we see actually are not the one getting disks from the labs but the one using the disks they tactized when there was a bug...

And no nerf on the firemobs OMG ^^

Ehm give a look around...30% of the players have it...50% of PEs use xbow or any woc weapons... Do you think it's so rare then?
That should be a very rare item.
And the idea in this topic about the woc mission to kill 100 prototype and so on...well that sux...woc disk should be rare...and i hope KK have made a big reduction. Sometime they should do something positive, no? Until now i havent seen one yet...

CMaster
16-04-07, 22:52
Ehm give a look around...30% of the players have it...50% of PEs use xbow or any woc weapons... Do you think it's so rare then?
That should be a very rare item.
And the idea in this topic about the woc mission to kill 100 prototype and so on...well that sux...woc disk should be rare...and i hope KK have made a big reduction. Sometime they should do something positive, no? Until now i havent seen one yet...

The reason there are loads around is because of certain people farming them when the labs were meant to be closed and they were dropping 1 in 3. Changing the drop rate now does nothing accept benefit those people...

Necpock
16-04-07, 23:18
So say if you clear out WoC caves properly with a team. 4 or 5 people in team sit there for 3 weeks solid to get a disk. 1 disk pops up, who's gonna get a disk?

Simplist solution : Raise requirments for WOC 1, take woc 2,3,4,5 away, since there will never be an item that will need it. It's only fair for teams down there and will still keep a ballance for people going for WOC.

[F6]Knight
16-04-07, 23:26
stop crying about the lowered WoC disc drop rate , it's ment to be a very rare item, so let it be!!!!!!

GJ KK!

the day they broke the droprates it stopped being rare. and now everyone who didnt collected massive amounts of them by exploiting with safespots gets punished for that ...

extant
16-04-07, 23:28
This patch is definitally a step in the right direction..

I see that the people who are defending the lowered drop rate are already WoC level 1 (or higher) and don't care. But hey, shit happens and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, whats going on with PvE? The new mob armor/health isn't a problem but some things are a bit over powered, how many people have been killed by a spiderbot from somewhere thats not even in their viewing range?

Chuck Norris
17-04-07, 00:18
I say make them common as shit that way everyone has one and people can get some good fights going (I mean common do people really need 20mil+ for one!) . Rather then just "XXX WoC clan zone whoring at the MB zone line killing everyone they see" (regardless of faction) that way the nubs can fight back.

I just got one myself took about two months Duo'ing! Id rather have them very common then very rare. Also seems lowerd TL non AoE drones still need some dmg tweaking!

Keep up the good work

Apocalypsox
17-04-07, 01:05

[BALANCING CHANGES]

I like these two. The first one because Snowcrash said shitbuffs (Sorry had to throw that out there :D ) and the second one because the tigerbunny essentially said "YOUR SETUPS SUCK YOU BUNCH OF NUBS LOLOLOL" which i found funny.

Good changes.

JohnGalt
17-04-07, 03:19
Where in the following 162 Patch Notes does it say anything about the LE being able to be reworked? :mad:

Nowhere, but the Patch 163 notes have it sprawled on the very top line.

You cannot expect anyone to work off of "Hearsay" from the forum or in-game chat. I would have reworked if I could have gotten some "OFFICAL" statement to back-up what players said had been available to do with the Le.

I shouldn't have to read every post to discover a change.

I am disappointed in this communication error.

It this notice about Le was in other notes, then links from all "Offical Patch Notes" should be considered in the future, please.

Thank-you for ur time.

Thantos Notes:
[BALANCING CHANGES]
- Bonus System for weapons changed:
- HighTech + 2 % (was 5.0)
- Rare + 7.5 %
- Epic + 8.0 % (was 8.5)
- WoC + 8.0 % (was 10.0)

-> Weapons with Epic- or WoC-status are rebalanced.
-> LowTech-weapons receive an extra 3% to nearly close the gap with HighTech-weapons.
-> Melee-weapons now have the 5% penalty removed. The range penalty is enough disadvantage for that category.
-> Melee-weapons receive a 7.5% bonus to compensate for missing ammo-mods.
-> APU combat keeps the 16% bonus for their general frequency reduction until we fix this.
-> APU combat receives a 4% bonus to compensate for the missing high-tech variations. (lowtech-correction and half of hightech bonus).
-> APU combat receives a 7.5% bonus to compensate for the missing ammo mods.

[PSI]
- Added more tolerance for the line of sight verification of PSI modules
- Fixed a bug involving the saving of temporary effects (i.e. Shields) - selfcast PPU shields should now have their intended strength after zoning.

[COMBATRANK]
- Adjusted the calculations for the different classes to bring them closer together.
- Verification of calculations to prevent ranks of zero.

[HACKNET]
- Fixed a bug that impeded shield or heal in selfcast.
- Line of sight will work better in the Hacknet.
- Reduced the range of Hacknet NPCs (10%) as well as their aggro range.

[MISC]
- Fixed a bug that caused problems with XP in combat vehicles.
- The missing drug effect from nanite activity is back.
- Reduced the range of NPC weapons. This only applies to NPCs that uses normal weapons.
- Fixed the armor values of Genotoxic NPCs. They now only have full protection against fire and poison damage.
- Adjusted the collision verifications, some objects provided more cover than they should have.

[CONTENT]
- Adjusted the "The Hunt for Crossbow" mission. The mission is now repeatable and, like in other WOC missions, the reward is handed out in artifact quality with at least 3 slots.
- Adjusted the "Regants Legacy" mission. Like in other WOC missions, both rewards are now handed out in artifact quality with at least 3 slots.
- Adjusted several NPCs to prevent soullight and sympathy abuse.

R E A K K T O R . C O M
A Division of 10tacle Studios AG

John Doe:
We have used the last weeks to further review the theoretical principles that were set up for the balancing project, based on our impressions and your feedback. We are implementing several small changes in this patch to come closer to our goal.

Bonus-System:
The bonus system was presented and discussed in its old form sometime last year. It was supposed to provide a small, but not deciding bonus for WoC weapons – however, this advantage turned out bigger than planned. Therefore the bonus system has been adjusted to the following:

Bonus-System for weapons:
- HighTech 2.0 Percent (additive)
- Rare 7.5 Percent (exclusive)
- Epic 8.0 Percent (exclusive)
- WoC 8.0 Percent (exclusive)

All LowTech weapons have been boosted by 3% to reduce the gap between LowTech and HighTech weapons. The bonus for epic and WoC is now only 0.5% higher than the rare bonus. This adjustment should ensure that WoC weapons are what they are supposed to be:
- Alternatives to the normal weapon arsenal (damage, setting, etc.)
- Stylish, cool and nice-to-have
- No requirement for high level PvP

Melee Combat:
For melee combat we implemented a 5% penalty during the test server phase because of the very high hit chance. However, currently consider this penalty too much of a disadvantage when considering the very limited range. We also want to compensate for the missing ammo mods by adding another 7.5% damage. The combined modifications look like this:
- Melee Combat LowTech: + 15.5 Percent
- Melee Combat HighTech: + 12.5 Percent

APU Combat:
Unfortunately this category was not balanced thoroughly enough during the test server phase. Therefore it will greatly profit from this patch. There is no choice between LowTech and HighTech (+4%). There is no way to receive the ammo bonus from mods (+7.5%) and the frequencies had to be adjusted to limit failed casts, which was not considered in the balancing. The APU was designated as main damage dealer: highest damage output with the weakest resistances – the latter has been successfully implemented. APU combat receives the following adjustment:
- APU Combat: + 11.5 Percent

The frequency (and damage) adjustments remain until the problem can be remedied.

Drone Combat:
The problem with missing ammo mods is also present here – however we consider this category as fairly strong, therefore it will not be changed for now.

… The main goals of these adjustments

We hope that these changes to the bonus system will allow more weapon choices based on personal preference. We closed many gaps in the weapon choices with the Evolution 2.2 package to ensure that there are many choices for all Techlevel ranges – nobody should have a big advantage/disadvantage because of his weapon choice.

The adjustments to melee and APU shouldn’t be a problem for anyone for reasons of fairness.

The bonus reduction for WoC weapons was necessary – they are partially easier to obtain than some rare weapons. For this reason, we lowered the bonus to a minimal level. The decision to make all WoC weapon droppable is intended to make the game more dynamic and to increase the thrill somewhat – keep in mind it’s not like you can only lose a weapon, you might as well get one. Furthermore, you can protect your favorite weapon by putting it in the safe slot.

… Other explanations

Combat rank system:
Unfortunately the combat ranks were changed fairly late. The changes are based on the adjustments made to several systems and were therefore unavoidable and necessary. With this patch we implemented further adjustments – if they don’t feel right, we’d appreciate objective feedback.

Damage to implants:
This was implemented in conjunction with the scaling of bonuses based on quality and is part of the changes of the balancing project. We deactivated the scaling because the effects on the fun factor were very negative and it caused a lot of confusion with use restrictions.
The main problem with damage to implants was the magnitude of the reductions when players took damage. During the test server phase, this problem was not reported in that form and therefore wasn’t looked at sufficiently. However, we want to keep this feature, also to make the game more dynamic. Traders, Consters, Reppers and Impers need good occupation – with items that last almost forever, that problem will not go away.

Bug reports:
We pay a lot of attention to the bug report threads – however the quality of the reports sometimes leaves a lot to be desired – if you are primarily interested in an undisturbed gaming experience in Neocron, please take the time to give some detailed information that might help us to reproduce the error in a timely manner. The problem is less often with the code or data changes, but rather to reproduce the circumstances that lead to the bug. Once the circumstances are determined, the changes can often be performed fairly quickly.

On top of that, there is a considerable amount of time required to test said changes for undesired side effects – each change has to be test more or less intensely to preserve a certain quality standard. Please be aware of this and show a little more patience when we test our changes.

Balance or Non-Balance
The Creed has been evaluated repeatedly and we could not determine any abnormalities – it is definitely one of the highest weapons in the game (TL 114, HighTech, Rare, etc.) but also comparable to the rares Malediction, Doom Beamer or even the rifles First Love and Silent Hunter. However this doesn’t exclude the possibility of an error somewhere – if you something new or another player knows what the problem is, please let us know.

When comparing weapons, we’d like to point out that the respective single shot damage does not say anything about the balancing of a weapon – factors like TL, category, status and most importantly frequency have to be considered. The size of the magazine also plays a role for the frequency, as reloading leads to a period of at least 2 seconds where no damage is dealt. All these factors are the base of our balancing and are weighed in the calculations for the different weapons.

REAKKTOR.COM
A division of 10tacle Studios AG
---
"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change." - Neo, The Matrix

Dogface
17-04-07, 03:22
I say make them common as shit that way everyone has one and people can get some good fights going (I mean common do people really need 20mil+ for one!) . Rather then just "XXX WoC clan zone whoring at the MB zone line killing everyone they see" (regardless of faction) that way the nubs can fight back.

That would probably better I guess, since WoC really is now pretty much a requirement for PvP even more than what it was in 2.1. There's just so much more variety now, the rarity of a disk doesn't quite make sense.

Lifewaster
17-04-07, 04:31
Where in the following 162 Patch Notes does it say anything about the LE being able to be reworked? :mad:

The LE re-implanting was given in patch 161.

SorkZmok
17-04-07, 07:42
That would probably better I guess, since WoC really is now pretty much a requirement for PvP even more than what it was in 2.1. There's just so much more variety now, the rarity of a disk doesn't quite make sense.
Especially now after so many incidents where a shitload of woc discs where gathered through doubtful ways. o_O

And now that everyone can reimplant the LE and whore drones for insane xp, there's gonna be another great increase in woc PEs/spies. Like last time when the labs were bugged for ages. Not to mention more new shit. Thanks a lot KK. :mad:

Tickles
17-04-07, 08:49
Still not fix for Tangent Epic?? Seriously how hard is it to make a temporary npc or something to either kill or to use to skip that objective of the mission. Please get on with it for next patch as it has been broken a long time!

jini
17-04-07, 09:33
what's the story about logs for characters with less than 4 character names???

nabbl
17-04-07, 09:45
what's the story about logs for characters with less than 4 character names???

logs didnt work for people with a character name which had less than 4 letters.

jini
17-04-07, 10:12
logs didnt work for people with a character name which had less than 4 letters.
well, it think they dont work now for characters with charnames more than 4 letters ROFL :lol:

ancient
17-04-07, 15:18
- shitbuffs.

haha!

p.s. patch sounds good +too many ppl running around with woc that well shouldn't have

and the drone whoring xp bit from kapow is totaly right + as i have seen some one with le out can go around pissing people off killing allies and stuff then the next time you see them like 15 minits l8er they have an le in and noone can do anything about it :(

-=z=-
17-04-07, 15:57
haha!
and the drone whoring xp bit from kapow is totaly right + as i have seen some one with le out can go around pissing people off killing allies and stuff then the next time you see them like 15 minits l8er they have an le in and noone can do anything about it :(

Yeah, they should totally make "- Normal Law Enforcer rules re-enabled! Runners can't implant a law enforcer if their skill rank is above 30."... oh wait that's the first line of this patch's notes. :D

Doc Holliday
17-04-07, 16:10
Yeah, they should totally make "- Normal Law Enforcer rules re-enabled! Runners can't implant a law enforcer if their skill rank is above 30."... oh wait that's the first line of this patch's notes. :D

owned!

Nice patch. shame about the woc thing but i guess we can deal with it. im still waitin for the PVE Tweak patch. ;)

Bredahl
17-04-07, 17:18
Very nice patch - exept for the WoC disc droprate.. me and a friend have killed at least 200 protos without getting any discs at all - BEFORE THIS PATCH :(

Dribble Joy
17-04-07, 18:13
Overcast changes only apply to shields and heals. Combat and support buffs don't apply. Once you have one of them you can't get rid of it untill it runs or you die.

My personal preference would be:

Self cast combat/support buff overcasts any other. Foreigns only overcast ones of lower level.

Thus a pistol one would overcast a rifle 2/3, a pistol 3 (foreign) would overide a pistol 1. A pistol 3 could not override a rifle 3 (to prevent in fight shitbuffing) though.

Zheo
17-04-07, 20:05
Very nice patch - exept for the WoC disc droprate.. me and a friend have killed at least 200 protos without getting any discs at all - BEFORE THIS PATCH :(

Like i said before, in this thread, Some labs are BUGGED and do NOT drop disks, their are 10 LABs, try another godamn LAB! and mail KK about the LAB where you did NOT get a disk after so many hours/days/weeks/dead protos. Instead of bitching because you haven't got a disk because your farming in a broken/bugged LAB!

CMaster
17-04-07, 20:20
Like i said before, in this thread, Some labs are BUGGED and do NOT drop disks, their are 10 LABs, try another godamn LAB! and mail KK about the LAB where you did NOT get a disk after so many hours/days/weeks/dead protos. Instead of bitching because you haven't got a disk because your farming in a broken/bugged LAB!

No idea where you get this 10 number from.
There are 8. Biogenic Alpha/beta/gamma/delta and biomechanical Alpha/beta/gamma/delta. And the biogenic ones are all closed, and have been since forever, meaning there are 4 in real terms.

Selendor
17-04-07, 22:20
I'm a little late to this 2.2 rebalancing party, but doesn't a 10% reduction in all PvP damage equate to a 10% boost for PPUs?

Thats fine for me as my primary is a ppu, but just wanted to get that straight in my head.

CMaster
17-04-07, 22:24
I'm a little late to this 2.2 rebalancing party, but doesn't a 10% reduction in all PvP damage equate to a 10% boost for PPUs?

Thats fine for me as my primary is a ppu, but just wanted to get that straight in my head.

I'm not sure you can quantify it as simply as a 10% but yes its is quite simply a boost for PPUs and PPUed for people, with a minor benefit to other classes that heal more than others.

Brammers
18-04-07, 01:43
Construction - OMG KK, what have you done?

The build times are stupidly long. A V10 part (TL50) takes 25 seconds on a pure constructor. (Used to be about 1-2 secs before)

Speed them back up!

Dribble Joy
18-04-07, 02:50
200+ cst and it still takes over 90 seconds to make a redflash.

Zheo
20-04-07, 20:55
No idea where you get this 10 number from.
There are 8. Biogenic Alpha/beta/gamma/delta and biomechanical Alpha/beta/gamma/delta. And the biogenic ones are all closed, and have been since forever, meaning there are 4 in real terms.

Err from what i remember (and don't quote me) clan mates found number 10 and a GM told me their where 10, though I could have got muddled, but if it's right thats where i got it from :D

SorkZmok
20-04-07, 21:40
Err from what i remember (and don't quote me) clan mates found number 10 and a GM told me their where 10, though I could have got muddled, but if it's right thats where i got it from :D
There really was only 8. 4 labs, 4 mines. And KK closed the labs due to people exploiting the doors down there.

William Antrim
20-04-07, 21:45
There really was only 8. 4 labs, 4 mines. And KK closed the labs due to people exploiting the doors down there.

It was one of the labs I went into then (like a lab underground as an op thing). The penny just dropped as i went into one the other night and it was a mine ug.