PDA

View Full Version : Nanite tools

SorkZmok
16-04-07, 08:31
Those really are a pain in the ass.

They all look the same. This is my main rant right now. Please give them different color according to type, tl and protection.

And i really don't like the ammo system. Tons of nanites cluttering up my inventory, i can barely carry ammo. And having to reload the tools according to the damagetype just plain sucks, there's gotta be another way.

And please double the mixed nanite duration, those run out so fast, they're useless.

I dunno, i really like having complete freedom how i choose my protection but i think it might be easier to just give us 3 tools (each in 3 TLs), that work like absorber, protector and that other shield spell, i forgot the name. And then make those work like buffs, without stupid ammo.

I can't really think of another solution. Maybe have tools hold generic ammo, then i have to switch between availabe damage types by cycling through them with the tool out or something. Like i can activate the mod with the numkey pad, i.e. energy protection nanites would be "1", fire would be "2" if the tool was modded for those.

Last but not least, the nanite heal. It really should not give +nanite concetration. That's just plain annoying and makes the heal absolutely useless.

Any other ideas?

jini
16-04-07, 08:45
So far the only solution I have found (provided kk wont think of a better one) is to make 1slot tools (of the highest TL100) and mod them according to specific dmg types. Then I place them in each qb slot, for a total of 6, BUT ALWAYS in the same position. So I know that energy is slot#1 xrr #2 and so on. This works, but you wont avoid the mess in your inventory due to how this works.

So, they have to first fix how ammo/gel and other items are placed randomly in the inventory, which is easy, just place them right next to the main ammo... its not that hard. Instead they put them in random inv places.

Then they must add colors to the tools according to damage type.

Another solution would be, to allow us to make our "own" customized tools, according to slots/mods used. Example: i make a 3slot tool and I mod it for energy, fire, poison. Whenever i use this, I get 12.5x3 nanites for each mod

nabbl
16-04-07, 08:48
i got only 1 tool with 3 slots for: Force,Fir,XRAY,ENR.

in fights i only activate 5x fire and 5x enr, which makes: 60% FOR/PRC, 52% FIR, 52% ENR, 52% XRAY, 50% POR.

thats enough for me and i dont have to change the nanite types all the time.
(and i have to carry less of them of course :) )

SorkZmok
16-04-07, 08:59
I really like jinis idea of modding the tool exactly for the nanites you want. I.e. 4 slots with 2 enr and 2 fire mods would use up exactly those 4 nanites.

And nabbl, i thought about the same, setting my con up so only ever need to use 2 or maybe 3 tools. But that can't be the solution. It's KK to fix this, not the players to adapt....

jini
16-04-07, 09:01
exactly. Nabbl's idea is working only for Nabbl, and is not a general fix. I play with nanites a lot myself, even though im using my spy for OP fights mainly lately... even if I dont understand how he gets 60% for/pie.. which means another trip to armor vendors :p

unreal
16-04-07, 09:07
If I wasn't making a quick and nasty image (see attachment) I would have said what jini just said. It's just another bit of common sense really.
So far the only solution I have found (provided kk wont think of a better one) is to make 1slot tools (of the highest TL100) and mod them according to specific dmg types. Then I place them in each qb slot, for a total of 6, BUT ALWAYS in the same position. So I know that energy is slot#1 xrr #2 and so on. This works, but you wont avoid the mess in your inventory due to how this works.I've done the same on my characters. I have two protection tools on my quickbelt with different mods depending on what I need better resists for. Because I only have two 3 slots at the moment, they've been modded with pairs in mind. So you have one with energy, piercing, poison, and the other with piercing, fire and poison. Good luck to anyone trying to switch nanites mid-fight or in a hurry? Too much hassle.

Being a perfectionist, it's annoying to have things out of place, but as it happens,the inventory issue is simple to avoid. All you need to do is place the items away from the left corner where the split part of the stacks end up being placed. I can't login and take a screenshot at the moment (hurry up Xfire guys damn you :p) so I ended up making a quick little image to show my typical Spies inventory layout.

nabbl
16-04-07, 09:43
I really like jinis idea of modding the tool exactly for the nanites you want. I.e. 4 slots with 2 enr and 2 fire mods would use up exactly those 4 nanites.

And nabbl, i thought about the same, setting my con up so only ever need to use 2 or maybe 3 tools. But that can't be the solution. It's KK to fix this, not the players to adapt....

i got very good overall protection. so thats no fix for your "problem" but my style of playing.
i never fight against one person outside of neofrag, so that allround resists work much better for me.

jini
16-04-07, 10:08
i got very good overall protection. so thats no fix for your "problem" but my style of playing.
i never fight against one person outside of neofrag, so that allround resists work much better for me.
Damn it... you speak of your PE god damn it!!! I thought you were speaking of your spy 1111one.. or is it the spy? wtf

nabbl
16-04-07, 10:51
Damn it... you speak of your PE god damn it!!! I thought you were speaking of your spy 1111one.. or is it the spy? wtf

spy...

CMaster
16-04-07, 10:57

Pretty sure thats a spy. If its a PE those resists are a touch weak, plus its a botch even meeting the reqs from the bottom TL Advanced Spit tools. The basic spit tools are an absolute joke.

The fact that the nanite heal gives concentration restricts the use to tanks and APUs only really, which was its original intention (well, tanks only). If you want a decent heal on your spy, spec psi points and get the TL10 heal - contrary to popular opinion, while all psi in resist psi is a valid option, still making some use of psi is also viable!

I'm pretty sure that KK can't make the nanite tools look different based on what ammo is in. So instead, how about we scrap the ammo mod system (with respect to nanites) and have a bunch of different coloured tools? Make everybody's life easier. And while we're at it make stealth and hack tools look different as well.

ashley watts
16-04-07, 17:21
What i did for my spy was, spec all round nice resists and runspeed, health etc and whatever lacked in resists pump nanites in those areas, my force and peirce really does suck atm though.

SorkZmok
13-06-07, 09:28
Right. Now that i setup Kapow properly after playing a PE for quite some time i'm really starting to hate nanites.

I'm using 3 tools for 2x4 and 1x2 injections. 10 injections and 2 reloads take ages. Not to mention the random injections that won't register.

Then, once they wear off, at first the protection runs out, THEN the nanite concentration fades. Meaning i am completely vulnerable to attacks inbetween. Because if i rebuff too soon, my health drops dead and i get a guaranteed drugflash.

10 seconds waiting for the concentration to fade, then 4 injections, a reload, another 4 and a reload and 2 more shots. Usually 11 shots because - at least for me - about 1 out of 10 won't register.
That's about 30 seconds for me. Comparing this to the 3 seconds a PE or monk need to recast his 3 shields that cover ALL damage types this really isn't fair.

Worst bug these days: Bugged buff stacks.
10 injections from 3 tools means 11 stacks. Then i'm using a pistol buff, usually got a heal running and occiasionally pop a drug.
That's 14 stacks i gotta keep track of. I'm playing in 1280x800 on my notebook, it's the absolute maximum i can do.

Now if i get hit by 2 dev shots right in a row, the poison stacks push my buffs out of the screen. And once that happens, the buff doesn't work anymore. It's still there, keeps running but it's useless.
Happens with EVERYTHING that shows up in the buff list. Drugs keep running, can't be reapplied but don't give any bonus. Same with nanites or shields, they don't soak up any damage anymore.

This bug is a real pain in the ass and makes it impossible for me to fight any gun that apllies stacks.

Not to mention the completely useless nanite heal for spies. At least i'm using it on my PE now, heals twice as much per tick as an artifact TL 3 heal. :rolleyes:

And, last but not least: Antibuff tools? Now what about those? Fix them. Rework them. Whatever, do something so they're actually making any sense.

I love the whole nanite idea but you couldn't have found a worse way to implement it. :mad:

Matanius
13-06-07, 15:43
Couldn't agree more

Bredahl
13-06-07, 15:59
Yea i finally lommed Gotti back to fighter, just to get angry over shitty nanites. :(

ashley watts
13-06-07, 17:44
Yep nanites Suck but are a must have for a spy , which i don't mind At all. It's the constant injecting of nanites every 1 or 2 minutes of which they take like what? 20 seconds to inject, the protection should Last WAY longer and even though PE's might last 2 or so minutes (If not more, i dont play PE's) they take 5 seconds to cast their shields. Thats why playing a spy is now, well, completly boring :p, Increase duration quite a bit is all i ask personally.

SorkZmok
13-06-07, 17:57
They should double the duration and especially the protection and concentration of nanites to get rid of all those million buffs.

Then also increase the clipsize, constantly reloading those things is a pain in the ass.

And what's with the insane sta usage? Even crouching i can barely inject a full set. :(

ashley watts
13-06-07, 18:07
Oh i forgot another thing ! :p, if you hold the mouse button in you will somtimes miss a shot which again is a pain in the ass considering as Kapow said about the clipsize :\

Dribble Joy
13-06-07, 18:09
Pretty sure thats a spy. If its a PE those resists are a touch weak,
Depends on his HP. DJ's energy res is about 52% but I have 992 HP.

SorkZmok
15-06-07, 11:19
Depends on his HP. DJ's energy res is about 52% but I have 992 HP.
I've been thinking about an Excel spreadsheet that would automatically show me the amount of damage i can take depending on my health/resist ratio.

Though you'd have to take all resists into the calculation. And i don't really know how you'd do that properly. Maybe take the damage of the guns used mostly and calculate damage/health ratio for those.

If i ever manage to finish work for uni i might work that out. :)

/on topic
I really really want the damn nanite heal to work. Can't be that tanks and PEs can easily use it while i'm shafted with a TL 3 heal that only heals half as good as the tool (6 a tick for a TL 3 heal, 12+ for a nanite heal).

Thing about this is that just because of a stupid heal i'm forced to spend psi into ppu instead of psi resist and even worse, i can't use the tradeskill gloves.
And that really lowers the amount of possible setups for spies. All PAs apart from holovests lower my int, same with reflexboosters (another thing tanks and PEs can use while i can't) meaning i lack the int to use the best nanite tools. And i'm definately not wasting a brain slot for a neural enhancement.

So there's drugs and the implant glove i could use. Drugs suck and i don't use them anymore and i HAVE to use the stupid psi glove to heal. This needs a change.

Same with the gloves that give +dex.

There's exactly one viable setup for spies now. The holovest setup. And that sucks. :(

Necpock
15-06-07, 15:14
How about multi slotted nanite tools. Mod them accordingly.

example: Energy and fire

Now, get the nanites you want to use, and recycle them together, to make a new nanite.
You will end up with, for example a "pro nrg burn nanite" and still 4 shots.
It will give the same effects of like normal nanites.

Theres potential here

Positives :

- More efficient naniting and reduces time
- Revive the "recycle" tradeskill

Negatives:

- Can't mix and match them, for example 4 energy, 2 fire.

Okay, then try this concept :

Buy an energy nanite 4 shots.
Buy a fire nanite 4 shots, but use 2 of them shots

Recycle them together to make a nanite "pro nrg 4 pro fire 2"

You would have to use all the shots to get the right amount of nanites in your system. If not, some nanites could be cancelled out.

and use.

hmm this could be problematic to implement but this could certainly work.

SorkZmok
18-06-07, 09:25
It's pretty hard to come up with a proper idea for the whole nanite thing.

I just love the variety it gives you as a spy. I can shift my armor and nanites around to get awesome protection against pretty much every mob there is. And - to a smaller extent - i can adapt my setup depending on the people i fight in pvp. And that is something i want to keep.

Though an idea like necpocks is way better than the actual system, it's seems pretty complicated to implement.

That's why i'm suggesting only 3 changes for now.

1. Double the protection and nanite concentration.
Half the injections, half the stacks, same protection. This would help a lot with the insane amount of buff stacks once you're fully buffed up. Slight nerf to the variety of possible setups but still good enough i guess.
Not to forget it would also lower the time it takes to buff up a lot.

2. Increase tool clipsize and frequency slightly, decrease the stamina usage.
Having to sit still - i have to fucking crouch even - just to keep enough stamina to rebuff is plain stupid. Also reloading the tools all the time is a pain in the ass. I wish the freq could be increased but i doubt it because even now with the low frequency injections tend to disappear if you do it too fast.

3. Increase the buff duration, decrease the duration of the nanite concentration.
It can't be that the protection will fade before the concentration drops. Because that means i have to wait for ALL my buffs to fade before i can start to rebuff. That adds even more time where i am helpless to the already 30ish seconds of rebuffing.
Having to rebuff less often without always having to wait for the concentration to drop would be nice.

/edit
Actually, i gotta get a poll going on this topic. :)

StevenJ
18-06-07, 10:05
Could something be done whereby you put the nanites you want to use in your processor? So if I put 4 x energy and 1 x poison and 3 x fire they would be used, by just one tool?

From thereon in, the game remembers which you last used (in the same way guns remember the type of ammo) and continues to use them each time, until you set an alternate config? I guess it's a bit messy, but would make life easier..

This way it'd be faster to rebuff, and no messing around with multiple tools - so rebuffing would be easy and the duration wouldn't be as much of an issue.