PDA

View Full Version : I'm having the urge to come back...

Foxtrot
16-04-07, 07:47
I've been playing this game since open beta and I'm going through withdrawals!!!! The last time I played was at the end of summer last year. Currently I'm playing WoW because my friends play it, but now that I've been browsing the new website and reading a bit about the new 2.2, its got me missing this game.

But then I like how popular WoW is and even my friends play it. WoW feels totally polished compared to NC, and I like the atmosphere of it too. But I like NC's better :rolleyes:

Isn't there a free play I could use on my account or is that all over with? I just want to get a feel for this game again.

unreal
16-04-07, 07:57
Welcome back. :) WoW for the bin and I'm not sure how you can enjoy running around with millions of 10 year olds. :D You've missed the free time though unfortunately. If you checked back a month ago you'd have been just in time for it. It doesn't cost too much for a month or 3 anyway. Just have a few less drinks at the pub and the price is already covered. :lol:

Neocron's getting quite old now, and most of the annoying bugs are still around, but we both know it doesn't really make Neocron any less fun to play, though it's frustrating at times. :rolleyes: Won't be too long before I'm back in-game as well, so I might be able to help you out somehow. Check this attachment (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2062245&postcount=68) and tell your friends to come play with you. :p

Foxtrot
16-04-07, 08:07
*drool* Thats as artsy as 300, but I would bet a million bucks, anyone who sees this background on my laptop wouldn't know what the hell it is. The past week I had a WoW theme on my laptop, and everyone in my classes recognized the game.

Just how much did 2.2 change?
I heard all of the skills got reset.
If I were to go back to Neocron right now, I would see myself:
Trying to figure out where to put back all these points on all of my toons and or hunting for rare parts.
Then, I would be researching rare parts on another character, and both of those characters will need more fine tuning for PvP, which I've always sucked at because that crosshair is just funky.
On another character I could get back to hunting with my trike :D Thats just so awesomo.
Or I could hop on my psi monk and burn things up.

Alright, I'm just trying to talk myself into switching back to NC. I'm downloading the client at this moment, 16% with 4 hours to go.

SorkZmok
16-04-07, 08:22
Just how much did 2.2 change?
I heard all of the skills got reset.
If I were to go back to Neocron right now, I would see myself:
Trying to figure out where to put back all these points on all of my toons and or hunting for rare parts.
Then, I would be researching rare parts on another character, and both of those characters will need more fine tuning for PvP, which I've always sucked at because that crosshair is just funky.
On another character I could get back to hunting with my trike :D Thats just so awesomo.
Or I could hop on my psi monk and burn things up.
There's no skillcaps anymore.
You can't "cap" the damage of a gun anymore, the system is open ended now.
People usually go for 130ish %damage on their guns, much more is a waste of points really.
I advise you to either go rifles or h-c, pistols and melee are a pain in the ass to level these days as KK really boosted mobs.
And forget APUs, they're so weak now it's crazy. I like that. :lol:

There's a few guides around already:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138213

Other guides are in german, maybe i'll translate some tonight.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-04-07, 08:29
There's no skillcaps anymore.
You can't "cap" the damage of a gun anymore, the system is open ended now.
People usually go for 130ish %damage on their guns, much more is a waste of points really.
I advise you to either go rifles or h-c, pistols and melee are a pain in the ass to level these days as KK really boosted mobs.
And forget APUs, they're so weak now it's crazy. I like that. :lol:

There's a few guides around already:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138213

Other guides are in german, maybe i'll translate some tonight.
wait we go for 130!?

shit Im like 40% over that....

As far as coming back I must say, just try it. What is $15 if it means you have a blast?
I had the whole skill thing you were in, cept I had 30k, complete wrong implants and armour and no idea wtf to do.
That was something like 15days ago, and Ive got my main speced to pvp with a setup I enjoy(thanks to some friendly person who gave me stuff, and killed me with a kami drone ;) ), and Im somewhat sorted out.

The logs you can turn on for pvp are helpful for doing your reists, they are EXTREMELY indepth, it took me something like 3 hours last night to get 3 setups done.

Only advise I can give is to just try it.

Foxtrot
16-04-07, 16:23
I did it, I've reactivated my account. I used PayByCash this time because Click2Pay was a real hassle last time. I can't log into my account yet. Is that because of PayByCash?

SnowCrash
16-04-07, 16:29
I did it, I've reactivated my account. I used PayByCash this time because Click2Pay was a real hassle last time. I can't log into my account yet. Is that because of PayByCash?

Your account will be activated as soon as our system gets the transaction confirmation from PaybyCash. This usually takes 3-4 work days.

Foxtrot
16-04-07, 16:30
What!!! I can't play for 3-4 days.....

By the way, I took the Direct Debit option, so its not like I'm sending anything through the mail.

Is there a way I could reverse this and do it with Paypal?

EDIT: Take that back, I just logged on and became overwhelmed.

I don't know what to do. All my skill points are reset.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-04-07, 22:21
Your account will be activated as soon as our system gets the transaction confirmation from PaybyCash. This usually takes 3-4 work days.
Dude Snow wtf you smoking?
I activated mine when I came back through PBC and it took less than an hour.

Youre craazzyyy

and to get it switched to paypal you must send a mail to account@neocron.com