PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I sync?

Kytan Ruvor
15-04-07, 06:49
A friend referred me to the game and so far it makes me want to cry. 90% of the time when I try to play I can log in and see everything around me, I can turn around and i can see others running around but i can not move from my spot. The screen says "syncronizing" and it never goes away. I left it like that and figured it just needed time but came back in 20 minutes to the same thing.

I have a great computer, dual NVidea 7800GT's, 2Gigs of RAM, 2 raptor HD's in RAID-0 and a fast (4Mb download) cable connection. I can play Eve, WOW, COH and anything else but i cant get this game to run. Anyone seen this before?

vices
15-04-07, 07:38
Try and create a new character

unreal
15-04-07, 08:08
Where are you from and which ISP do you use? One half of the problem is sloppy development (ie, no automatic re-requesting of critical data when it hasn't been received) and the other half being the quality of the line/route to the server.

It's not likely this is anything to do with your character itself but instead you may have a fair amount of packet loss due to bad line quality/routing (or even due to having wireless internet access if that's the case). Definitely don't delete your character anyway. Your best bet would be to submit a ticket to the helpdesk so they can check if your character is indeed bugged in some way, though they don't appear to be too hasty with responding lately.

If it's not that, you're in the same position the rest of us have been in for years. We all generally have rather bad syncronization problems even if some prefer to deny it publically. The same applies to the Fatal Runtime Errors if you were wondering about that too, of which these syncronization issues play a part in their occurance no doubt. As you can see though, most of us have become accustom to these problems, because even though they're annoying, and are often the cause of our death, playing the game is fun too. We're all in the same boat, so just try and put up with it for a while until the NeoCrack kicks in. :)

When you sit there syncronizing for a while, just hit escape or alt+F4, and log back in. The resume button is your friend. :lol:

CritiNator
15-04-07, 10:21
Your best bet is to create new char, log in with that and if it logs in, change back to char you play and it should log in.
Theres not really much you can do..

Welcome to Neocron..
Hope you stay, like rest of us.. good game, but suffers from bad coding..

Kytan Ruvor
15-04-07, 19:58
Created a new char and tried skipping the tutorial, same thing is happening I cant move forward and it just says "synchronizing". I have to wait 30 minutes to create a third char. I will have him go into the tutorial and see if that frees up my char's.

Mighty Max
15-04-07, 20:17
For tech related issues contact tech@neocron.com to get the neocron support.

For a quick help from me:
1. Check if you have opened the ports for neocron at aour router. Espacially all UDP ports if you keep synching
2. Defrag your drive. Neocron is quite a drama queen when it comes to bad timing between loading & network.
3. Do a "ping -t" to the servers for some time and check if you are regulary loosing packets. If so, contact your ISP
4. do a defrag
5. do a defrag ;)

Eneco
16-04-07, 01:48
i had that exact same problem a few times... i think. i was stuck in one spot and I couldn't move, for me it was in the mall, but after relogging a few times it went away... srry but i dont know how to fix it :confused:

ashley watts
16-04-07, 17:25
Welcome to Neocron !