PDA

View Full Version : why is nc so easy to get into but not doy?

spikeownzu
13-04-07, 12:55
why is nc so easy to get into but not doy?

why is TT mainframe hacknet thing so far away from all the good places in hacknet? like important outposts and the phoenix bridge?

----- stop shafting pro!

p.s i was in the mood for a major bitch on this subject but i got lazy

Mighty Max
13-04-07, 13:09
Weird, there is a thread in the german com, saing the exact opposite: its much easier to infiltrate the Dome then NC cuz of the "guard spam"

Looks like balanced then :lol:

CMaster
13-04-07, 13:12
Getting into the dome is slightly difficult - long, guard camped lifts.
However, if you have some of the genreps tagged - eg FA sector, TS HQ - its very easy to get back in, and FA sector especially you can roam freely. Getting into NC is made easy by the plethora of entrances, and Pepper Park zones are pretty wide open, but travelling Plaza and Via Rosso are rather difficult (but then Dome CC isn't exactly friendly either).

Hacknet - yeah, dome is just closer to almsot everything it feels like, with the exception of the nearest pro ops. This is exagerated of course by the fact that with aniticty holding the map, R2K and FF hackers can put into hacknet pretty uch wherever they want.

a4nic8er
13-04-07, 13:21
The easiest way to solo into DoY is with stealth.

Any character can waltz into NC, even an APU can tag PP1 GR

spikeownzu
13-04-07, 13:32
The easiest way to solo into DoY is with stealth.

Any character can waltz into NC, even an APU can tag PP1 GR

i like you

Xephonas
13-04-07, 13:35
Came back to NC few days ago...noticed I had a few appartments in NC (i'm crahn) so was gonna check them out.

Getting through the initial Storm troopers at the main gate (was too lazy to try other gates :P) was the hardest part...after that it's really easy if you have a pretty fast running char because the screaming eagle guards just threaten you :P...the NCPD seem to do less damage than the DOY guards??? (might have had SI at the time).

It's a fun little trip trying to get into the enemy city..makes for good fun :D

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 14:05
Getting into NC is the easy part, once inside it's hard just because of the sheer amount of stupid guards.

Dome is vice versa, it's hard to get in but once you managed to get past the first guards it gets easier until you got whole zones where you can roam freely.

Both sides kinda suck, i want people to defend their city on their own. Not have a gazillion npcs do it. You can't even raid a place by killing the guards, they have way too much health and pretty much instantly respawn.

Sucks.

John Bushido
13-04-07, 14:22
its easy to get into doy, ive managed this with xx/30 chars without stealth, just take some speed drugs and take the TS entrance, dunno wheres the problem at all.....

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 14:32
its easy to get into doy, ive managed this with xx/30 chars without stealth, just take some speed drugs and take the TS entrance, dunno wheres the problem at all.....
Well i tend to get lost alot in the dome. Basically i just have to turn around and i forget where i came from. :lol:

John Bushido
13-04-07, 14:50
yeah i know, happened to me more than few times :lol:

anyway, nav ray is ur friend and after u get the Tsunami HQ genrep first rest of the dome shouldnt be a big problem....

after that, some good GR's to enter are

Tsunami HQ - cuz of the lack of guards
Fallen Angels Sector - where u can instant enter the noob sewer after gr
Black Dragon Sector - cuz u can shake off the guards very easily
Crahn Sector - not that easy like Black Dragon, but shouldnt be a problem to reach the temple of cleaning fire

Safunte
13-04-07, 16:46
yeah i know, happened to me more than few times :lol:

anyway, nav ray is ur friend and after u get the Tsunami HQ genrep first rest of the dome shouldnt be a big problem....

after that, some good GR's to enter are

Tsunami HQ - cuz of the lack of guards
Fallen Angels Sector - where u can instant enter the noob sewer after gr
Black Dragon Sector - cuz u can shake off the guards very easily
Crahn Sector - not that easy like Black Dragon, but shouldnt be a problem to reach the temple of cleaning fire

shhh... they'll gaurd spam.

KK.... No more adding gaurds next to GRs, we dont like being synch killed. Its retarded. *Stealth IIing into P2, haha i'll show those pros... ... ... FRE, Long synch... ... GOD DAMNIT THE GUARDS GOT ME IN SYNCH* And to top it all off, there are gaurds at every zoneline even if they're not spammed around the sector. I'd rather the gaurds stood at supposedly hotspots in the zone and not ontop of the zoneline. It kills actual gameplay

[F6]Knight
13-04-07, 18:21
the main prob are guards at zonelines or in line of sight/firing range of zonelines
like mentioned above :)
zone, long sync or fre and bam. dead by the time you can log back in or the syncing is finaly done.
a long sync or fre is bad enough already with players camping the zonelines like in MB. we dont need guards doing the same thing when some people try to raid a city for fun or even roleplay. it totaly kills the fun if half of your team gets synckilled by zonecamping npc guards

Eneco
13-04-07, 20:17
a while ago i didn't think it was possible for procities to get into the dome, but then i got killed by some biotech runners while near the "very safe" fa sector gr while doing some shopping at tech angel. and the NC guards don't seem to do that much damage, unless you are getting aggro from two or three, but maybe thats just me

eprodigy
17-04-07, 02:29
i agree doy is harder but considering its a deserted city anyway, i dont lose much sleep over that.

i think making NC raidable more easily would be HUGE. take guards out of plaza2. suddenly, there would be action there constantly.

Seraphin[69]
17-04-07, 07:38
At least FF keep a few GR public (opened to all)

Check your map ;)

SorkZmok
17-04-07, 08:29
']At least FF keep a few GR public (opened to all)

Check your map ;)
That kinda makes up for whoring drones and rifles so bad now. :lol: