PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 Trade Skill Changes

Okran
13-04-07, 11:51
I would like to know where I can find a list of the changes to the Trade Skills for 2.2 please. I have points awaiting to be assigned but I cannot make any commitments until I know how much to put into what. :confused:

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 11:59
I think the only real change they made is that construction is now open ended.
You need a lot more cst than before to build stuff at its cap. I doubt they really changed the way research and recycle work, not sure about repair, prolly same as cst now that you need the highest possible skill for it.

Judge
13-04-07, 12:50
From what I've heard the CST/RES hybrid tradeskillers are over. Pretty weak imo.

Napalm82
13-04-07, 13:16
In theory every item can now be constructed up to 94%, however the amount of CST it takes at the higher TL items are purely INSANE!

I thought that 225 CST was quite a bit and should be enough for non-rare weapons, however it aint around the 75-80'ish TL the quality begins to drop, even lower than pre-2.2 (And in 2.1 i only had like 165 CST and still constructed better than this)

I hope the GMs will look into this and maybe boost CST a little bit.

- Napalm

Carnage
13-04-07, 13:22
I hope the GMs will look into this and maybe boost CST a little bit.
- Napalm

Normally Gamemaster arent developers ;)
With the next patch we will tweak the construction calculations for rares and non rares.

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 13:29
With the next patch we will tweak the construction calculations for rares and non rares.
Neat. Good thing i didn't spend all my points yet. Just dumped 100 in res and cst to get me drugs, drones, nanite tools and all the stuff i tend to drop alot. :)

It's not too bad actually, with a friendly op i can get about 170 cst/res already.
When i hit 100 int and got all the proper implants i can prolly hit 200 in both and be a somewhat useful hybrid tradeskiller. Yay.

Judge
13-04-07, 13:29

Any hint as to when that might be? :D

Carnage
13-04-07, 13:32
Any hint as to when that might be? :D

We still test the changes.
If all works as intended, the patch goes retail at the beginning of the next week.

pottburter
13-04-07, 13:33

If this really happens (and it turns out to be good) i need their address to send my firstborn to them :-)

Please, un-suck tradeskiller......

Judge
13-04-07, 13:40
If all works as intended, the patch goes retail at the beginning of the next week.

Awesome.

Long live the increased playerbase communication.

Napalm82
13-04-07, 14:14

I know they dont, but its the GMs who frequent the forum the most (I think :D ) so kick that piece of info over to the others.

On a side note some people are yelling exploits when you say you have some database blueprints (Like for instance i have some Dev blueprints) just wanna know if theres any hold in that? (Since they also apply to the new CST rules and generally suck)

- Napalm

Thanatos
13-04-07, 14:42
I wouldn't worry about that because they don't get the rare construction bonus to their quality.

Dribble Joy
13-04-07, 14:52
Personally the rare cst system is OK, as it's pretty much as in 2.1, though maybe the slot chance could be increased slightly. I've noticed a number of people mention getting slots was rather hard.

Okran
13-04-07, 18:05

So does that mean CST is the only Tradeskill that has been changed in 2.2?
Sorry look I don't want to be guessing here, I would just simply like an official word on this please... someone? :confused:

Nullvoid
13-04-07, 18:35
Pretty much Okran. I guess the only other major change for tradeskillers was that the machina gloves must now be implanted, which is torture for a hybrid if you don't poke yourself...which is in turn pretty wasteful as the gloves require 60 imp.

I'm interested to see how these cst changes take effect as I've only just got done levelling a 2nd tradeskiller thinking my hybrid was now useless. Maybe he'll become viable again :)

Jolt
13-04-07, 18:37
So does that mean CST is the only Tradeskill that has been changed in 2.2?
Sorry look I don't want to be guessing here, I would just simply like an official word on this please... someone? :confused:

I haven't really tested this nor did I play 2.1 so I dunno if this is old but repair was changed so no matter how much skill you have, you will always take off 3% total condition (second number) from items. The actual repair skill only seemed to affect the current condition (first number).

Eternal Pink
13-04-07, 21:10
Hybrid is still perfectably viable if your willing to change imps and you self poke, my tradeskiller who pokes 115 can get to 265 cst with a op and the highest i've got her was 298 cst ( was seeling just how much it would take to cap a gun ) but i could have got higher if it was necessary by removing hack.

Okran
14-04-07, 09:05
Thanks Nullvoid. Thanks also to everyone else for posting info too. Seems to be a few different things said so far though.

Why can't there be a thread like the 2.1 skill influencing factors thread, but for 2.2? I found the one about weapons, but there isn't one for Tradeskills.

Why do the gm's/dev's not want us to know what changes they have made to this in particular?

CMaster
14-04-07, 10:41
Thanks Nullvoid. Thanks also to everyone else for posting info too. Seems to be a few different things said so far though.

Why can't there be a thread like the 2.1 skill influencing factors thread, but for 2.2? I found the one about weapons, but there isn't one for Tradeskills.

Why do the gm's/dev's not want us to know what changes they have made to this in particular?

But the 2.1 version of that never really told us anything even vaugley useful about tradeskills either.

But no, despite the claims of "greater transparency and simplicity" with respect to calculations, they are still making us do data collection exercises and reverse engineer funny curves ourselves.

IceStorm
14-04-07, 13:17
Hybrid is still perfectably viable if your willing to change imps and you self pokeHybrid RES/CST? I don't think so. Your numbers appear to be hybrid poke/CST, and that's probably doable, but when we talk of Hybrid CSTer, typically it means a self-sufficient CST/RES char.

With the limited number of +RES imps, the point drain needed to support decent CST/RES chars is too high on an unclanned char. Any decent clan already has a dedicated CSTer, so what's the point? Currently, you need 268+ CST to hit 94% base on high TL-70s weapons (assuming capped INT/DEX on a Spy).

Unless they radically change the CST/INT/DEX level needed to hit 94% base up to around TL80-90 items, hybrid CST/RES is effectively gone from the game.