PDA

View Full Version : How hard can it be?!

Bredahl
13-04-07, 00:09
Get the fucking servers to work NOW FFS! its impossible to ANYTHING AT ALL right now!

Fix it now! - theres no way in fucking hell that im gonna pay for ANYTHING thats unplayable like this :mad:

ping goes from 45 (my normal ping) to 3000 (?!?!?!!), and im not the only one.. ive heard many ppl complaining about it today.

I can take the normal shit like fatals, lost items and shit like that..
But this.. makes it completly impossible to do anything fun..
I cant cast any of my psi half of the times, cant reload weapons half of the times, and lets not talk about the looooong syncs everywhere... :rolleyes:

fix it, PLEASE!

silent000
13-04-07, 00:11
This post made cracker very scared :( :( :(

rob444
13-04-07, 00:15
I hope that you honestly don't believe a game server can run flawless without any connection problems what so ever. But yeah, this kind of thing seems to happen *frequently*. I wonder what is causing the lag though, router? The server? If it's the server, what is taking up the bandwidth?

Bredahl
13-04-07, 00:21
I hope that you honestly don't believe a game server can run flawless without any connection problems what so ever. But yeah, this kind of thing seems to happen *frequently*. I wonder what is causing the lag though, router? The server? If it's the server, what is taking up the bandwidth?

No i do know that any game server will experience some sort of problems some times.. But lately.... It starts with everything just going very slow (slow char login/syncing), then the shit dies for a whole night, and now u get 3000ping every 10 seconds..
They have to do SOMETING about it, or they WILL loose paying customers..

And @ teh Cracker: awww i sorry ;)

Dogface
13-04-07, 00:29

Connection problems are fine, but this has been going on for weeks now.

Dribble Joy
13-04-07, 01:25
Run a trace, there could still be issues with Level three or some other part of the network.

naimex
13-04-07, 01:50
This post made cracker very scared :( :( :(

you thought it was a thread about:

how "HARD" can "IT" be?

:p

Zefrian
13-04-07, 02:07
are you sure, that it's the game server and not the "way" to it?
Next time this happens please run a traceroute-program to investigate it.

naimex
13-04-07, 02:08
are you sure, that it's the game server and not the "way" to it?
Next time this happens please run a traceroute-program to investigate it.

it cant be the server. ive been online for the last 2 hours, with 40 ping.

gamefreak
13-04-07, 02:23
It IS the server. I have exactly the same problem.

Tratos
13-04-07, 02:30
It IS the server. I have exactly the same problem.
I love the way you thought about that rationally and assume nothing you could possibly do or have done to have any effect on the way you connect to another computer (or combination of) miles away from your own through countless network junctions and various differentiating levels of system traffic.

Go you. I assume nothing is ever your fault in your rose tinted world of joy and happiness? :rolleyes:

Try running the traceroute to see if there is any problems on the way to the servers, if certain people from some areas are seeing the problems and others not it could well be a problem in the path to the servers or even with your choice of service provider, not the servers themselves.

Bredahl
13-04-07, 03:42
Well take a look in trade/ooc/help... everyone is having the same problems..

and i cant rly do any of them.. things.. im an idiot when it comes to computers ;)

Powerpunsh
13-04-07, 03:51
got the same problems, its fucked up.
Ive gone with my droner to NC and i couldnt activate the GR, cause no money. nvm went in a lvl 4 sewer in pp3 and there in the third level. I've done very fast the 150nc and tried to zone up... sync...... relog and i was at the end with my int 32 dex 38 droner and everywhere in the second level where this yellow spiders. started a drone and i shot shot shot etc. after 20 minutes a tried to leave, cause the respawn was heavy. I died, now i can drive again...

unreal
13-04-07, 04:37
Aye, lag spikes galore at the moment. I launched a drone, tried firing, nothing, dropped the drone, and a long pause of about 10 seconds after that, the shots I should fired previously went off. For a split second I thought I was being attacked. :p It's interesting when you're on a vehicle too. I got warped seemingly at random round the sector while driving about on my Quad, and at other times, back to the same top middle position in the sector. Just logged off now though because instead of an occasional lag spike, it was almost constantly at about 1400ms.

ashley watts
13-04-07, 17:42
/signed fix the servers k thx