PDA

View Full Version : [ANNOUNCEMENT] uneX Launcher - New Update!

H00ver
12-04-07, 14:35
Hello,

there is a new update [1037] available for the uneX Launcher.
Key features are iG / oG PM System, new serversided signature code and a bunch of performance problems are fixed.

Information: You'll need a (updated) NewsServer account (http://ulauncher.ultimate-gaming.eu/?page_id=8) for the personalized signature feature or the PM System.

Why uneX Launcher and not ulTiMaTe Launcher?

In the last days we had reformed our whole Team.

For more Informations click HERE (http://ultimate-gaming.eu/?p=3)

btw: If you want a own TeamSpeak or webspace for YOUR Neocron-Related-Webpage contact us via Forum (http://forum.ultimate-gaming.eu/)

All this services are free-of-charge for Neocron players!

naimex
12-04-07, 14:44
sounds nice, i prolly wont use it, but sounds nice.

also, if youre changing the name of program, you might need to update your signature ;)

H00ver
12-04-07, 14:46
thx ;)

nobby
12-04-07, 14:51
so...

what's it do ?

H00ver
12-04-07, 14:53
What you want? :)

silent000
12-04-07, 14:54
Aye i would like a bit more information on what it actually does, as im a dumb fuck and dont know what all you programmers do :angel: explain it in a way that a retard wud understand, that way i might get what ur on bout.

The reason i didnt use the old launcher was just because the features didn't rele appeal to me =/

H00ver
12-04-07, 15:43
Featurelist (http://ulauncher.ultimate-gaming.eu/?page_id=14)

=)

Brammers
12-04-07, 15:48
H00ver - Check your PM's ;)

H00ver
12-04-07, 16:02
done! :)

naimex
12-04-07, 16:18
its not possible for it to update itself from 1036 to 1037...

its updated itself 10 times now, according to it, but its always version 1036

H00ver
12-04-07, 16:50
Vista UAC and Folder rights.

Programs are not able to write data in their own dictionaries -.-

Solution 1:

=> Change the folder rights of the Launcher to "Everyone" with "Write Access" or "Full Access"

Solution 2:

Install the Launcher in your User Profile folder.

Info: With Vista, Microsoft is enforcing all developers to create programs which write their data in the Users profile folders...

Archtemplar
12-04-07, 21:16
Ok, i just looked over the feature list, I was wondering what "Neocron Process Optimizer (NPO)" was and how it works.

naimex
13-04-07, 00:09
Ok, i just looked over the feature list, I was wondering what "Neocron Process Optimizer (NPO)" was and how it works.

I dont know what it is, or how it works, but ic an tell you it gave me 15 more fps in tech haven.

H00ver
13-04-07, 00:09
NPO (v2) is a process manager which is optimizing drivers and other procresses while you playing Neocron.

Positive effects: Syncronizings are shorter, and a lower fatal-rate. Sometime you get more FPS.

NPO deactivates and restore your system, when Neocron crashes or the client are exited.
Sry for my english, Im tired xD

Chuck Norris
13-04-07, 00:50
your own installer said the files may contain viruses you might want to change that unless your giving out spy ware..

after further testing, it did not increase the performance of NC in fact it seemed to do the opposite. disabling sounds at login didn't seem to work, whenever I logged in looking at my character syncing for about 30 secs. Random mouse lockups needing cpu restart (standard optical USB MS mouse). Also every time I logged out on one character I have to restart NC or it will just keep booting me to login over and over again.. Maybe this works well for some users but not me! Im using xp pro, 1600pro, P2.66 D, and two gigs of ddr2. Not sure why it doesnt preform for me

Also now I have a new process on startup since installing not sure why thats needed mscorsvw.exe

H00ver
13-04-07, 02:15
1. First im really sure, my setup would not post any messages, that my launcher contains a virus Oo

Screens? This setup is a third party programm.

2. You need to activate NPO, Portchng (If the normal Portchng did not work, activate both "Normal" and "Extended" Portchange) and NetOptimizer to get the full performance expierence.

3. The Launcher is based on .NET, so you need the updated version of .NET 2.0

4. The Launcher contains NO SPYWARE, MALWARE, ADWARE, TROJANS or VIRUSSES.... And the Launcher will not download any Sourcecode from a "unauthorised source". I hate "developers" of maliciously software, ... I never support some maliciously developer, sooner I'll die!

5. The Launcher is authorised and checken by KK, ... KK would kill me if I would add any maliciously software.

ashley watts
13-04-07, 17:40
as im a dumb fuck

We know

<3

H00ver
14-04-07, 00:50
[uneX] Update:

Projects / Services:

NCRAREDB Viewer (http://forum.ultimate-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10)

Neocron Serverstatus / Patchcounter (for your Webpage) (http://forum.ultimate-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5)

Codrum
14-04-07, 03:20
Im not sure what I might have done, but I installed your UneX program, tweaked a few settings in the program, installed a different rpos from your program, then I tried to start NC.

It loads the NC Launcher which has this page (http://www.reakktor.com/) and the AutoUpdater window page pops up and does nothing. Nothing happens after a while so I click the cancel button in the autoupdater which causes the nc launcher to crash.

I cant even seem to start the game straight from the NC2 folder's Client.exe, all that does is bring up an error. All the NC ini files are gone. I'm going to uninstall UneX and NC and reinstall NC so I can play tonight because I dont expect to get a response to this within the next 4 hours before I go to sleep.
Maybe I'll try again tommorrow. Looks like a very nice program otherwise.

H00ver
14-04-07, 04:06
Okay, very late today (04:00 am) lemme check this problem later, i'll contact you to solve this problem.

H00ver
14-04-07, 14:12
Try this: Go to the Neocron Section, select "Original" in the Dropdown list and click SET.

Codrum
14-04-07, 17:12
Im pretty sure it was set to "Original" the whole time, and I checked it just to see if there was anything else in that box to select, thats the profile selector right?
I'll try installing it again, but I wont change any settings before I see if the game works with the default settings.

H00ver
14-04-07, 21:27
At the first start, the launcher will create a backup of your neocron client called "Original".

Don't overwrite this profile! [SET] will set this selected profile.

Thats is your last chance, I can send you a version of the current "UPDATER.INI" that should solve your problems.
Throw the "UPDATER.INI" in your "INI" folder oft the neocron dict.

My Updater.ini

SERVERIP=62.140.29.50
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=62.140.29.50
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron.com/
FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron.com
TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=0
LOCALPORT=26969

Codrum
15-04-07, 01:35
it appears to be working now, but I havent touched any of the settings yet, so Im not sure what I did last time that caused it to freak out. Although I keep forgetting to use your launcher instead of the original NC launcher when I log in ;)

gstyle40
15-04-07, 18:28
Vista UAC and Folder rights.

Programs are not able to write data in their own dictionaries -.-

Solution 1:

=> Change the folder rights of the Launcher to "Everyone" with "Write Access" or "Full Access"

Solution 2:

Install the Launcher in your User Profile folder.

Info: With Vista, Microsoft is enforcing all developers to create programs which write their data in the Users profile folders...

i dont hav vista and it wont update for me either. guess ill try installing in a different folder or somethin

gstyle40
15-04-07, 18:31
nevermind.....i just launched the "launcher" and it updated itself. i was triin to run the updater and it would just hang

H00ver
15-04-07, 19:46
The Updater "hangs" few seconds on startup, if a update is available, that is depending on your internet connection. You can disable the Autoupdater in the Options of the ultimate section.

Serious_Sam
15-04-07, 21:23
I've been getting the same problem as above. However, i have just signed up for the launcher and awaiting my confirmation email (which is taking forever). So i will hold off further complaints until i can log into the launcher.

H00ver
15-04-07, 21:30
I had sent you a mail manually, because Hotmail drops my registration mails -.- Don't know why :/

H00ver
15-04-07, 21:33
btw: The Launcher need following Ports:

Port 80 TCP - Internal webbrowser
Port 6667 TCP - Internal IRC Client
Port 444 TCP - NewsServer

Serious_Sam
15-04-07, 21:34
Would you recommend i sign up under a Yahoo account? And where do i access the port options?

H00ver
15-04-07, 21:40
Would you recommend i sign up under a Yahoo account? And where do i access the port options?

Yeah its better :) But wait... i'll PM you! :)

H00ver
15-04-07, 21:44
Info: Registrations with Hotmail EMAILs don't work!

I have no clue why hotmail drops all mails from our new server :/

Sarduin
16-04-07, 20:11
Bit of an odd problem.

Everything else seems to work normally, but when I have the NPO enabled my game hangs for a moment every 2 seconds. Jumps from ~62 fps to 25 and back again, though I do seem to have more free memory. Even hangs on the login screen. Any ideas?

Nice work btw, even without the NPO I'm liking the functionality.

H00ver
16-04-07, 21:30
Thank for your report :) I'll check this problem with NPO.

ridec
18-04-07, 13:46
Cool launcher .. I like the DB for rares .. BUT A SHAME IT DOESN'T WORK :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .. Spend one hour on putting in rares etc .. and then it didn't save it ............. greeaaaaaaaat!

H00ver
18-04-07, 16:09
Currently the launcher works only with the raredb of NCRAREDB.NET (http://ncraredb.net).

You'll need account there.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-04-07, 23:39
Actually the bottom of the launcher does cover the bottom part of the browser so you cant see the save button, happened with me

H00ver
19-04-07, 00:33
k thx for the report, I'll fix it soon :)

H00ver
06-05-07, 17:45
New Update (1038) released.

Including the THN ItemDB support and new real Emails!

More Informations here (http://ulauncher.ultimate-gaming.eu/?page_id=10).

Spiro
07-05-07, 13:30
New Update (1038) released.

Including the THN ItemDB support and new real Emails!

More Informations here (http://ulauncher.ultimate-gaming.eu/?page_id=10).

Couldn't find a new DL link for #1038 :>

naimex
07-05-07, 14:29
Couldn't find a new DL link for #1038 :>

it autoupdates ;)

Brammers
07-05-07, 17:03
And for those who want to know the command to search the THN Items DB it's.

/thnitem <The item you want to search for>

Some examples.

/thnitem ion shotgun

/thnitem hl

Spiro
07-05-07, 23:40
And for those who want to know the command to search the THN Items DB it's.

/thnitem <The item you want to search for>

Some examples.

/thnitem ion shotgun

/thnitem hl

That was the only reason why I wanted to try this tool - but nvm, it just killed my custom rpos all of my logs and not to forget it fucked up my whole install...

slith
08-05-07, 00:09
Then you clicked something you shouldn't be clicking. Never had any problems.

james_finn
08-05-07, 00:22
same here I only installed it yesterday to be able to use irc. Very useful tool, and no problems from me!

/Delphi

H00ver
08-05-07, 08:56
Be careful with the Neocron Profiler, if your Neocron client was "crashed" you should restore the lient with the "Original" - Profile.

(Don't overwrite this profile!)

btw: The launcher and the NCP! are not 100% compatible with Vista, because the UAC / write access to their own programfolder are restricted!

naimex
08-05-07, 22:12
when i type /thnitem devourer or milky or ion cannon or whatever

all i get is "requesting thnitem" it never shows anything.

^^

I wrote that in the NSkill thread by accident lol, I was like WTF??? Why don't I get any response lol.

Now it's in the right place :D

H00ver
08-05-07, 22:57
I had testet this issue... with no problems.

Maybe the newsserver got a timeout by the THN ItemDB connection.

Brammers
09-05-07, 12:46
Ahh right thread then! :p

I did notice the network connection to the THN was playing up badly yesterday afternoon and evening while I was putting in the Armour.

As I said, in the other thread, the request where getting through, but it sounds like a network issue/timeout.