PDA

View Full Version : Epics

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 18:20
Throwing another one out there.

Epics: Of what use/value should these be as items?

Mid level use? High level use? End game use?

As an example I've noticed a lot of people asking for the gaya to be boosted (which it really could do with in all likelyhood), and some to ask for it to be better than the CAG 3.
The question is; Should it be better than a CAG 3? It's only TL40 after all.
Should it increase in TL, should it do something slightly different that a CAG 3? Better for PvE or something?

This extends to all the other epic items, and I'm personally rather undecided on the matter.

CMaster
11-04-07, 18:26
The epics are supposedly the finest reward the faction can give you for perfoming them a great service. Now, they aren't the biggest, toughest missions in game any more as they used to be. I suppose they ought to be useful at high level but not so powerful as to be better than anything else out there. The Gaya could be an alternative to the CAG 3. Would be nice if much like the WoC stuff, the epics gave an alternative apperance, a way of saying "this is an epic item I got for serving my faction"

Nullvoid
11-04-07, 21:13
I do think the glove should be the best PSI one available, befitting its epic status. Something like:

PSI +1.81
Psi Use +5.03
Apu +5.03
Ppu +5.03
Focussing +5.03
Ppw +5.03

For the moveon, it's understandable that kk wanted to make it a CON chip, but it needs to have stats on a par with the special forces/swat/psi cores (as does the marine), without treading on the PPR's toes...So something like:

CON +3.96
Athletics +7.93
Body Health +15.86
Agility +7.93

Braywurst
12-04-07, 01:54
The moveone is soooo pointless right now its not even funny.

SorkZmok
12-04-07, 08:49
Epics are a pain in the ass. Especially with the current SL system.
Epics should be an option, not essential to compete in pvp.

The epic glove should be equal to the CAG-3, not better.

Give it slightly different stats for people to choose according to their setup.
I.e. let one glove give more focussing and some psi use while the other glove gives more psi use but less focussing. Something like that. More variety but not a required item.

I also agree the moveon needs a fix, it was one of the best epic items but now it's just complete wank and pretty much any other implant is better.

unreal
12-04-07, 08:53
I noticed a handful of items have been severely nerfed compared to their sister "easier to get hold of" type items, though I've forgotten most of them now, heh. Most of the Epic items really are pants as we've all noticed, and should definitely be changed again. The main non-epic item I can still remember would be the Exp. Reflex Booster 4. It's now marginally worse than the good old Dexterity Booster 3. Most of the collars and such are just naff because of the extra agil/ath nerfs.

Epics should remain as they are IMO. We already have the WoC quests and Regant quests that are redoable. There's no logical reason to change epics after all this time. The only thing that needs to be changed are the usefulness of the items on offer from each faction. Moveon, rubbish. PPR, rubbish. Pro/Anti/CM resist chips are also a waste of time. NCPD PA, fairly rubbish as it's always been. Haven't really checked up on the others myself though.

netster
12-04-07, 11:08
The epic glove should be equal to the CAG-3, not better.
It should be TL75 alike all other epic-items*1 are. lower than the CAG3, higher than the CAG2.

*1 = TT Pist/Rifle/Cannon / Speedy / TSU Rifle / etc.

Lifewaster
12-04-07, 11:42
Make the GAYA TL 75, so it will be slightly better then the CAG3 which is tl 64.

That solves that... about the other epics its mainly the moveon which needs adjusting.

Brammers
12-04-07, 11:55
The epics are supposedly the finest reward the faction can give you for perfoming them a great service. Now, they aren't the biggest, toughest missions in game any more as they used to be.

They shouldn't be the toughest missions in the game, compared to some of the new missions which require teams.

However the items for the epic rewards should be usable and balanced in a way that the items can be used in an alternative setup. IE the CAG3 glove should be comparable to the Gaya Glove, so it could be used instead of a CAG3. Right now the Gaya glove is useless.

The same could be said for the M.O.V.E-On

Nullvoid
12-04-07, 12:09
unreal, far from being useless, the ppr and the other resist chips are some of the best brain-slot choices available if you aren't pushing for a super high TL weapon.

Dribble Joy
12-04-07, 12:43
PPR or CC3/Distance3 is a viable choice for a final brain slot on a PE at least, maybe even a spy.

zii
12-04-07, 21:31
.... Haven't really checked up on the others myself though.

Well, Black Dragon are selling some really skanty drugs. The comedown is meant to be nasty and I won't be using these for a while. :(

William Antrim
16-04-07, 22:54
Speedgun is still good imo. Ish.

eprodigy
17-04-07, 02:37
thing about the gaya glove for example.. if it isnt the best, then it is completely worthless, no reason for it to exist at all.

Brammers
17-04-07, 02:39
The Gaya glove has been boasted a little for patch 163/164, but it still looks crap compared with the CAG gloves - latest stats for the glove are here.

http://www.techhaven.org/db/implants/gloves/combat

eprodigy
17-04-07, 03:03
they had value before at least equivilent to the effort it took to obtain including switching factions and the fact you can only run it once; because they were cap level items.

but they still werent required. i didnt need a ppr or moveon in 2.1<, there were other setup choices but they still maintained high value. thats how it should be still. even with more items, like many which have always been not even worth running.

Dogface
17-04-07, 03:30
Tsunami rifle is shite, aren't most lowtech weapons though?

Apocalypsox
17-04-07, 03:38
epics are fun. Nodrop weps are always good. I keep a tsunami rifle in slot 2 and am thinking about getting a TT rifle for slot 3. damage aint completely horrid and you dont gotta worry about losin em. Thats always nice.

nabbl
17-04-07, 10:05
Tsunami rifle is shite, aren't most lowtech weapons though?

erm no... Oo

tsunami is ok i think. its a burst weapon so it has the same problems as the slasher for example.

terminator, wyatt earp, ion shotguns, freeman, beretta, G11 are very good to compete in PvP.