PDA

View Full Version : Yet another OP system thread

SorkZmok
11-04-07, 10:23
Right, i thought I’d give it another try.

Now that classes are balanced (or at least are getting there, stupid fucking drones…) I really feel like opfighting again.

The thing just is there’s still so many problems. So lets just get a thread going with ideas, suggestions, petitions or just rants what needs to be addressed. Maybe someday KK will read through this and take up some of the good ideas.

Undergrounds
My opinion? Remove them. Simple as that. The best opfights I ever had were the ones without UGs. Meeting at another OP or free genrep and then trying to storm or hold the OP at the actual entrances instead of endlessly zoning up and down was so much more fun.
Either that or give people a timer to prevent the zonewhoring. I.e. once you exit the UG you can not zone down again for at least 1 minute. Or maybe remove all buffs once you zone up. So you could still synch back down and save your ass but good luck rejoining the fight once you get out again.

Hacking
The 4th hack is just pure bullshit. Hacknet is crap, forcing people to have pure hackers for only that one purpose is just not needed.
Also both attackers and defenders can abuse the system pretty easily.
Attackers: You just log off right next to the term before you actually start hacking, then log in, tag it, log off again and you can barely be stopped.
Defenders: One pure hacknet spy can easily prevent a whole army outside from taking over the OP when they don’t have a good enough hacker aswell. I’ve seen several clans do this and it’s just boring. They don’t even show up for the actual fight, they just log one or two pure hackers and you’re screwed.
Either completely remove the 4th hack or make it optional so you can also just hack the term to take over the OP.

Holding Ops
Why in hell can a 4 man clan ninja the whole damn map? Just because they should be abled to, bad luck if there’s no one to defend? Bullshit I say.
Here’s my idea: Instead of earning the clan money, Ops will cost money. And the more Ops, the higher the costs. As an example:
1 OP: 5000 cr/day
2 OPs: 10000 cr/day
3 Ops: 20000 cr/day
4 Ops: 40000 cr/day
5 Ops: 80000 cr/day
And so on, doubling the amount for each OP. You wanna ninja the whole map? Go for it, fucker. But you better have the money.

To counter those costs and also open up genreps all over the map again: Increase the money clans get from genreps. Give them maybe 50% of the money people have to pay to gr there. So opening up the genrep would earn the clan cash. And we all want better access to the map, don’t we?

Alright, enough for now. I’ll come up with more ideas later, now let’s see what others got or think of mine.

nabbl
11-04-07, 10:29
sounds good.. i hope that KK will adress this issue with evo2.3

J J
11-04-07, 11:10
Couldn't agree more about the first 2 points - best op fights I've ever been involved in are as you say when you get a team camped inside the op and a team storming it from outside - none of the bs camping and barrelling the UG waiting for the defenders to zone up. It's just not fun. One of the biggest problems about the UG as a defender is that the majority of us don't sync instantly from one zone to another. In the 4/5 seconds while you're zoning up from the UG you're probably standing in 4 barrels with a couple of drones and an op team pounding the crap out of you. If I had a pound for everytime I've come out of sync from an UG dead.... As to what you could replace it with - what about an area that the defending team can zone into safely and group that is in the same zone as the op. You'd need a one way door/field whatever so people can leave this protected area but not return. This way the defending team can all gr to the op, group and get buffed and join the fight without half dying in sync but then we don't have the stupid situation of people popping out of the UG, running round for 20 seconds and zoning back down. The only other requirement would be for it to have multiple exits so the attacking team cannot simply barrel the square of ground the defending team will appear on, or to have a wide exit. If KK can sort that out - well that would be a great improvement!

The 4th hacknet layer as well is just a ridiculous idea to try and justify and force people to use the added content of hacknet. If the added content is good enough people will use it and want to use it. To try and force people to spec characters purely for hacknet by ruining one of the key areas of NC - op fighting is just crazy. Please get rid of the HN layer...

CMaster
11-04-07, 11:17
Doesn't fix the principle problem with op-wars atm - the advantage is strongly with the attacker. And it will stay that way with these changes. We need to deal with that somehow.

Voodoo_Magic
11-04-07, 11:25
that problem is adressed slightly at fortresses now you cant cap things defending team always does more damage but thats it, i believe bonuses to health and/or resists for defending team at any op would be a good idea

too early for sentence structure sorry

The Ottoman
11-04-07, 11:26
3) UG zonewhoring. UG should be open all the time. It would be better if the defending force could GR into a room on the surface. This room should have a door that can only be opened by a clanmember or by hacking it. Hacking this door should only be possible after the second or third layer of the OP is done.

4) To prevent Ninja hacking you could have some sort of timer. If a clan takes an OP another clan cannot hack it for 24 hours.

I'm quoting myself from another thread. :lol:

Brammers
11-04-07, 11:27
The UG - I say don't get rid of it, but change it so the actually UG zone is part of the main wasteland zone, so there is no zoning needed.

All that KK will have to do is add a entrance area to the 3 types of zones, which should consist of 2 sets of doors, and access buzzers which work like the current op security settings.

As for hacking, I posted this idea in another thread. Currently you need to take 4 layers to capture the op (3 in the outside world and the switch in Hacknet)

Now what if you only got the 4 layers of protection when you hold upto 5 ops? If you hold more than 10, you only get 3 layers of protection. If you hold more than 15, then you get 2 layers of protection. If you hold all 31 ops, then the attacking clan only needs to take the final layer in hacknet. In the original post I had higher numbers, but these numbers can be tweaked.

SorkZmok
11-04-07, 11:34
Now what if you only got the 4 layers of protection when you hold upto 5 ops? If you hold more than 10, you only get 3 layers of protection. If you hold more than 15, then you get 2 layers of protection. If you hold all 31 ops, then the attacking clan only needs to take the final layer in hacknet. In the original post I had higher numbers, but these numbers can be tweaked.This idea without hacknet involved would be neat. I just don't like that whole hacknet thing, why are we forced to do it?

spikeownzu
11-04-07, 14:23
1- The 4th barrier must be removed, when they first implemented this i could't beleive it, requiring somebody to take the OP in hacknet actually makes less OP fights, many times i'v not been able to start an OP fight because we'v got nobody in hacknet, its also unbalanced how some factions got OP's closer to their hacknet starting place etc, for example, TT is so far away from cycrow, but cycrow is a really good OP, so why do other factions get to be closer to it? its unfair and its just stupid, useless and just makes less OP fights.

Go back to NC1 style, 3 barriers, theres nothing wrong with that.

2) The underground does suck and zonewhoring does suck, but i don't think that there is really any changes we can make to this, apart from the following

AOE definetly needs fixxing to the underground, AOE needs to be nerfed in PVP situations, like half damage to players or something, and the effects need to be killed, because it sucks how if you got 6 guys with good AOE, you can just insta-kill everybody who comes up, or lag them to shit with effects.

especially with the extremely bad sychronising and lag we get on NC... its just not right, and makes it pointless to try defend OP's sometimes

3) holding op's i think should stay the same, if people want to ninja then let them, but it goes on their reputation, even if you charge them money to hold it.

-- and if u increase moiney from genreps, then clans that hold 50% the map would just get superhumanly rich, and the way it is at the moment, i wud't like to see r2k or ff get any richer, they already got far superior equipment then every other pro clan on terra...

its just such a fragile system to change, i think it should just be left alone, because if kk fuck with it, it will probaly just be made even worse, or overpowered or completely fucked in some way :) infact i think thats why they made the 4th barrier, to prevent ninja'in, but they just shafted OP fights instead lol

its not a MAJOR problem anyway

SorkZmok
11-04-07, 14:42
and if u increase moiney from genreps, then clans that hold 50% the map would just get superhumanly rich, and the way it is at the moment, i wud't like to see r2k or ff get any richer, they already got far superior equipment then every other pro clan on terra...With my suggestion holding that many OPs it would cost R2K a fortune that i hardly doubt they could make even from earning 100% of all genrep costs.

It's a suggestion that would need tweaking so a clan could hold, say, up to 5 OPs and get the money for those mostly covered by genrep costs. But the more OPs, the more money they cost. Also you could simply decrease the money from genreps with the number of OPs too.
1 OP: 100% genrep fee
2 OPs: 90% genrep fee
Same system. This could work wonders if you tweak the numbers.

VegaH
11-04-07, 14:43
Yo Kapow, I really love the idea of clan having to pay for owning OPs i really do think this could help for removing massive ninja OP problem and as you said, making it exponentially higher cost every time you get more OPs, so small clans could easily pay for 1 or 2 OPs and be on the map.

SorkZmok
11-04-07, 14:49
Yo Kapow, I really love the idea of clan having to pay for owning OPs i really do think this could help for removing massive ninja OP problem and as you said, making it exponentially higher cost every time you get more OPs, so small clans could easily pay for 1 or 2 OPs and be on the map.That's one of my main points. Bringing small clans back on the map.
I hate it that right now (actually it was like this since NC exists) it's only the numbers that count.
Small clans need to hope for mercy from the huge clans because if those attack, they stand no chance anyway.

With a system where you can't just take all OPs and ninja them back whenever you want small clans have much better chances of taking and actually holding OPs.
Because if the latest bandwagon zerg clan couldn't just go and hack it back as that would mean they'd pay TWICE as much money from now on for their OPs.

At least thats how i imagine the system to work.. :)

Kierz
11-04-07, 15:03
sounds good.. i hope that KK will adress this issue with evo2.3surely they could hotfix something like removing all ug's and changing the clan gr'ing to own op, go to the normal gr out with si? (how was it in nc1?) in a day.. and that would change so much, is there any chance (if possible/easy) you could change it to this for a patch to let us "test" if people bitch, it should be easily put back..

CMaster
11-04-07, 15:04
surely they could hotfix something like removing all ug's and changing the clan gr'ing to own op, go to the normal gr out with si? (how was it in nc1?) in a day.. and that would change so much, is there any chance (if possible/easy) you could change it to this for a patch to let us "test" if people bitch, it should be easily put back..

You do that, and there are no op-wars. Ever. Because any half-organised clan can knock down all 3 layers before the defenders can get there.

spikeownzu
11-04-07, 15:05
With my suggestion holding that many OPs it would cost R2K a fortune that i hardly doubt they could make even from earning 100% of all genrep costs.

It's a suggestion that would need tweaking so a clan could hold, say, up to 5 OPs and get the money for those mostly covered by genrep costs. But the more OPs, the more money they cost. Also you could simply decrease the money from genreps with the number of OPs too.
1 OP: 100% genrep fee
2 OPs: 90% genrep fee
Same system. This could work wonders if you tweak the numbers.

-- this would mean clans ownin less OP's, which means that there would be no point OP fighting after you had your 5-6 OP's?

it would also mean everybody could hold an OP easily, and even nib clans would be on the map......

i kinda like it to be "hard" to hold OP's on the map.... Only the best can get on there...

like i said before, any idea like this would be extremely fragile to implement and could really fuck things up, the thought of KK fucking with the OP holding system scares me

VegaH
11-04-07, 15:17
Spike your wrong, its not the BEST that hold the OPs right now, its the MOST NUMBER....which is not fair for all the people.

spikeownzu
11-04-07, 15:37
but it can't work other ways vegah

and also at the moments, numbers is helping more because weapons so powerful like creed and craftsmans dreams.. they need fix this and it be better.

if more small clans is capable to hold's op's, then big clans won't exist as much, which means active players spread throughout small clans, which means harder to get enough people on in your clan to OP fight within each clan, which means LESS op fights.... or more ninja'in...

Dogface
11-04-07, 15:47
I think once the fourth (or third if the HN layer was removed) there should be no GRing out of the UG for anyone but the team that have just taken the OP.

The defenders would have to make a last stand sort of thing, and die.

SorkZmok
11-04-07, 16:53
if more small clans is capable to hold's op's, then big clans won't exist as much, which means active players spread throughout small clans, which means harder to get enough people on in your clan to OP fight within each clan, which means LESS op fights.... or more ninja'in...
If small clans can hold OPs, big clans can still hold OPs. And because they are big, they can hold more OPs because they can afford it. Where's the problem?

And anyway, what's so cool about huge clans? It's not like they're good. They're big. You gotta start thinking quality not quantity.

CMaster
11-04-07, 17:20
Yet another suggested opwar change (slightly bigger than several of the ones suggested here, none of the large-scale system changes however) along with other things, here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139253)

solling
11-04-07, 17:47
Small clans can STILL hold ops as far as im concerned. we do not take it as soon as the map change color.

city have had yutano for quite a while and regant chester etc as well without us hacking them.

Tyler_Durdon
11-04-07, 17:58
hm lets try to discuss things in one thread !!

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2074331

its easier to follow things ;)

R3N3GADE
11-04-07, 19:15
the idea of the ug is to protect those that hold them for trade skillers in clan and those that are just afk for a short while.
everyone else manages ok with UG's why should we get rid off them because some people moan like f*ck.
excuses excuses is all i hear about op wars.
as for costing clans money to hold them ... why dont you just get rid of clans full stop.

spikeownzu
11-04-07, 21:16
renegade ur from swindon?

do u ever go to club ice or trowbridge?

i live in trowbridge man

R3N3GADE
11-04-07, 21:50
small world.. i dont ive never been there. i use to go climbing in a quarry near trowbridge.

SorkZmok
12-04-07, 08:38
the idea of the ug is to protect those that hold them for trade skillers in clan and those that are just afk for a short while.
everyone else manages ok with UG's why should we get rid off them because some people moan like f*ck.
excuses excuses is all i hear about op wars.
as for costing clans money to hold them ... why dont you just get rid of clans full stop.
Do you actually opfight? Because you can't be fine with the current system. At least i can't believe people actually enjoy the UG-whoring. o_O

R3N3GADE
12-04-07, 12:04
yes hence why sxr hold a good amount of ops on terra. the ug is fine most clans just get on with what we got but some of you fags just want to whine about everything. go play wow or some other care bear crap.
take away UG's you take away one bonus of having ops in the first place.

alot of you on here know f8ck all about everything!

SorkZmok
12-04-07, 12:09
yes hence why sxr hold a good amount of ops on terra. the ug is fine most clans just get on with what we got but some of you fags just want to whine about everything. go play wow or some other care bear crap.

alot of you on here know f8ck all about everything!:lol:
Yah, i know shit about nc. Plus i'm teh ultimate carebear.

Seems pointless trying to argue here. Ignore list ftw.

rob444
12-04-07, 12:28
I've not been in an op war for a very very long time now (no people to op fight with and no one to fight against) so I can't comment one some of the stuff that has been brought up.

But I've done some op wars with UG's and all I can say is get rid of the idiotic underground entrances. It was way much better and more fun to actually gather up at some GR near the OP that is being attacked and then run the 1-3 zones with all your friends to get to the op and finally meet the resistance. Those were great times! I really miss that.

Neocron has just become more and more zone whoring and I really hate it. It's crap when you have to have a uber computer with an ISP 1 HOP away from Level 3 to be able to OP war properly due to Neocron engine's retarded code.

suler
12-04-07, 12:37
I like most of the ideas. I dunno about paying for ops but it's not a bad idea. I don't think it will really bring back small clans in the op scene though, the whole city vs anti city is what really killed small clans.

The UG being part of the same zone with a door sounds good too.

Small clans can STILL hold ops as far as im concerned. we do not take it as soon as the map change color.

No offense but that's very easy for you to say. Smaller clans shouldn't only be able to hold outposts because of the grace and mercy of the benevolent large clans.

Dogface
12-04-07, 15:28
No offense but that's very easy for you to say. Smaller clans shouldn't only be able to hold outposts because of the grace and mercy of the benevolent large clans.

100% true, it's exactly what happens now. The only reason any clan has an OP now is because R2K/FF don't feel like zerging it back, which is fucking retarded.

If you ask me, either R2K or FF should go procity, that way OP warring would actually be interesting. We would see who really is the better clan.

L0KI
12-04-07, 15:52

alot of you on here know f8ck all about everything!

How is the UG a bonus? It's a hinderance. It's in the way.. It prevents a good fight from taking place (Like the ones in Nc1, Pre UG).

There's nothing care-bear about being critical over the game. It's known to us adults as "Proactivity".

Braywurst
12-04-07, 16:23
It's not necessarily the layout of the op system but the attitudes of the players. I've seen just as many people barreling a UG as I have people zonewhoring it. I've seen just as many ninja's as zerg's and it always comes down to the players in the end. I don;t think the majority of the people playing this game want fair fights sadly. Thats why this stuff continues to happen. Thats why after all the bitching about zonewhore fights at MB people still fight there all the time. Even if the system if changed people will still find ways to make it unfair. It's the nature of the people that needs to change, not necessarily the game.

Kierz
12-04-07, 17:37
I think once the fourth (or third if the HN layer was removed) there should be no GRing out of the UG for anyone but the team that have just taken the OP.

The defenders would have to make a last stand sort of thing, and die.how about you can only zone into the underground (from up top) when no layers are hacked...

SorkZmok
12-04-07, 17:43
how about you can only zone into the underground (from up top) when no layers are hacked...Still not the most perfect idea but i like it.

I guess this would be the easiest way to change opfights without having to rework much.

You'd have the UG to buff up and for tradeskillers and such yet you can't zonewhore it anymore once you get attacked.

Quite in favor of the attackers though, good AeO on the entrance and the defenders got no chance. :(

Kierz
12-04-07, 17:53
Quite in favor of the attackers though, good AeO on the entrance and the defenders got no chance. :(spawn some special npc under the ug block that ignores zone rules and fucks up ur sl if it dies :P

THE_TICK!!!!
12-04-07, 20:47
Couldn't agree more about the first 2 points - best op fights I've ever been involved in are as you say when you get a team camped inside the op and a team storming it from outside - none of the bs camping and barrelling the UG waiting for the defenders to zone up. It's just not fun. One of the biggest problems about the UG as a defender is that the majority of us don't sync instantly from one zone to another. In the 4/5 seconds while you're zoning up from the UG you're probably standing in 4 barrels with a couple of drones and an op team pounding the crap out of you. If I had a pound for everytime I've come out of sync from an UG dead.... As to what you could replace it with - what about an area that the defending team can zone into safely and group that is in the same zone as the op. You'd need a one way door/field whatever so people can leave this protected area but not return. This way the defending team can all gr to the op, group and get buffed and join the fight without half dying in sync but then we don't have the stupid situation of people popping out of the UG, running round for 20 seconds and zoning back down. The only other requirement would be for it to have multiple exits so the attacking team cannot simply barrel the square of ground the defending team will appear on, or to have a wide exit. If KK can sort that out - well that would be a great improvement!

The 4th hacknet layer as well is just a ridiculous idea to try and justify and force people to use the added content of hacknet. If the added content is good enough people will use it and want to use it. To try and force people to spec characters purely for hacknet by ruining one of the key areas of NC - op fighting is just crazy. Please get rid of the HN layer... Thats a good idea JJ, i mean most people only use the UG during OP fights, i think being able to GR to the ug when you own it is a bonus, for constructors and researchers, and during a fight having a place to repoke and get squared away, but zoning up and down constantly is a pain for the attacking team, I dont know HOW many times ive ALMOST killed the same guy, just to see him go to UG and come back up again, allready to go. Another way to implement this plan is have the one way door, activate when the flirst layer goes down..that way you could use the UG normaly during NON opfight times.

THE_TICK!!!!
12-04-07, 20:49
[QUOTE=

Quite in favor of the attackers though, good AeO on the entrance and the defenders got no chance. :([/QUOTE] True but what do smart players do when there UG is gettin pummeled ? they group elsewhere flank and attack from the side or rear...adaption is the key. // thats one thing about this game that most people dont use, is tactics..i think OP fights would be an entirely different gambit if people put all the weaponry of NC and the different skillsets together to make a GOOD op fighting team.

Eternal Pink
12-04-07, 21:35
Still not the most perfect idea but i like it.

I guess this would be the easiest way to change opfights without having to rework much.

You'd have the UG to buff up and for tradeskillers and such yet you can't zonewhore it anymore once you get attacked.

Quite in favor of the attackers though, good AeO on the entrance and the defenders got no chance. :(

I dont like it :)

Reason there are rarely op fights is because nobody comes and defends, if anything we need to give the defenders some huge bonus so they will actually come defend there ops. I'd rather have a actual fight where the defender UG whores than nobody showing up to defend which is what happens if ya anti and attack now.

Now how bout we have op's flashing up on alliance when they under attack, so the chances of mustering a defense force is there

specranator
13-04-07, 02:37
while there at it they can

-make warzones have no safe slots
-increase tech drop rate to compensate
-make belts not drop in warzones, and your gun just drops instead like it used to ;)

(used to be pretty good at sliding my gun into my inv window right before i died :lol: )

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 07:11
while there at it they can

-make warzones have no safe slots
-increase tech drop rate to compensate
-make belts not drop in warzones, and your gun just drops instead like it used to ;)

(used to be pretty good at sliding my gun into my inv window right before i died :lol: )This will give you even less fights.
People are afraid of loosing their stuff. They wont even show up if they dont have equal numbers at least.
It's just gonna help the huge zerg clans. And that's the wrong way, we already only got 2 huge clans zerging the whole map all day long on terra. :(

unreal
13-04-07, 07:52
I used to not care about losing most of my stuff, but now that the quest weapons don't drop and there's so many other expensive items or tediously boring quests to repeat if you drop a quest reward, or items to replace now that I don't have a tradeskiller and it's very difficult to get hold of someone else to tradeskill for me, I've changed my view somewhat.

As has been the case for years now, most of the people you come across are typically teamed with a friend or their PPU buttplugg, who instantly picks up their belt when they die in a belt-drop sector. Also, if they do die, they'll often eventually get rezzed meaning their implants won't pop out and therefore won't be damaged as mine do when I die.

One thing I've wanted and suggested for a long time is to have backpack-style quickbelts. Basically, it means team-mates can no longer grab their friends belts instantly, and would therefore have to hack them instead. The other option being that the owner of the belt could run back to the location and loot it themselves.

So basically, as SorkZmok agrees, balls to that specranator. Do you not think there are already enough timesyncs in the game to keep us from PvPing without bringing back something like that?

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 09:18
As has been the case for years now, most of the people you come across are typically teamed with a friend or their PPU buttplugg, who instantly picks up their belt when they die in a belt-drop sector. Also, if they do die, they'll often eventually get rezzed meaning their implants won't pop out and therefore won't be damaged as mine do when I die.This is why i'd really love to see a timer that will automatically genrep you to your apt after some time, maybe 30 minutes at max. I don't understand why people can just log off dead and then get a rezz whenever they feel like it.
I always hated it when i ganked people at cycrow or whereever, they would just log off the dead guy, monk zerg me to death so I had to genrep and then log back to get a rezz. Plain stupid. :(

One thing I've wanted and suggested for a long time is to have backpack-style quickbelts. Basically, it means team-mates can no longer grab their friends belts instantly, and would therefore have to hack them instead. The other option being that the owner of the belt could run back to the location and loot it themselves.I really want the old backpacks back. Especially for noobs and low levels it's so annoying to always pay so much money when you could just run back to get your stuff.

And belts that need to be hacked by ANYONE except for the owner is another nice thing.
I'm sick of all the people having PPUs or stealthers grab their belts safely. This just isn't right.

solling
13-04-07, 10:18
i would agree with the ug have to go, its a good spot to hang around and chit chat and also GREAT for tradeskillers AND great when u r outnumbered, BUT in general i think its bad for a big fight. no more going from a nearby op and running in live or die. People are pussies now and zone down when the least happens, AND AOEing the ug makes people zoneup and die equally bad really.

in the interest of pvp i would say remove the ug completely.

one thing more when u run around on the apo looking for people to kill ops are mostley empty cuz people are in the ug, wouldent it be SO much more fun to actually see people in ops and be able to kill them. (poor tradeskillers tho)

SorkZmok
13-04-07, 10:35
one thing more when u run around on the apo looking for people to kill ops are mostley empty cuz people are in the ug, wouldent it be SO much more fun to actually see people in ops and be able to kill them. (poor tradeskillers tho)Tradeskillers would be quite fucked but hey, it's a dangerous world. And you still won't drop belts in opzones so it's not that big problem.

There's still more than enough OPs to find a nice and quiet one where you can safely do your tradeskills. And if not? Bring a friend with a gun. After all, this still is a MMORPG. :)

Doc Holliday
13-04-07, 18:40
Sorry to self quote but

Good call there mate. its called go to another fuckin op u might own and start there and run to the op being attacked. Before GRs got added to the underground (lots of people whined about them to be put in so they were) people would gather at a near by op get together get prepped and run to the op or drive. then buff at the zone and attack.

All this bullshit about UG lameing etc was non existant. You had to Re-take your op yes even though u owned it in the first place but with the set up the way it is now why clans dont send a small team to try and hold the op from the ug while the rest get stuck in to the attacking force from another direction is beyond me. I think personally your a sitting duck in the ug if you die and respawn or what ever or you just gr in and wait for the barriers to fall while trying to zone up and down. Get everyone out in the open and make a proper fight of it. battle lines are drawn with a bit of communication and op fights are sustained and therefore more fun than the way it all goes down at the moment.

Everyone has stories about the 323423 hour op fight they fought at xyz op ( ive got shit loads myself ) because of reasons like mentioned above. Clan leaders just have a think about it and see who/what strengths you have and tailor your approach accordingly. but please dont bitch about everything under the son and you will all have alot more fun. :)

Is my thoughts on it all. and yes people do need to think of tactics for op fighting a bit more to change it n make it fun again. You Go TICK!!! :angel:

Maybe just maybe if one clan can show its a respectable one in terms of op fighting and actually gave good fights the other clans would go hey lets take their example or even better still lets let them keep the op so we have something to pick a fight for rather than omg we need to own the map quick bring the zerg. if i could op fight atm i would love to as its still the greatest fun in NC if done correctly. ping > me.

Selendor
14-04-07, 23:37
The normal solution to the UG zoning rubbish at op wars is to group at a nearby op and try to reach the attackers before they finish hacking. At least thats what we used to do. Much more fun for both sides as you get a proper fight with less crashing etc.

However UG zoning was used when you had say only a couple of people online against a large force. At least that way you could put up some kind of resistance, otherwise most op fighting wouldn't happen at all.

The problem with OP war tweaking is that every change has a knock on effect. However, one of the reasons Neocron lost its population over the years is because, as the main 'end game' for capped players, Reakktor has not modified it in any way for such a long time that it has become too refined for players. I believe that even if it doesn't always work out, KK should be changing the format of op wars every couple of months - this way clans must always adapt to the latest rules and find unique tactics.

I saw a preview for that Tabula Rasa the other day and the way they describe it like a revolution for MMO's you wouldn't think anyone had noticed Neocron has been doing these things for so many years already, its such a shame that this game never evolved past its early potential.

Kierz
15-04-07, 11:06
Maybe just maybe if one clan can show its a respectable one in terms of op fighting and actually gave good fights the other clans would go hey lets take their example or even better still lets let them keep the op so we have something to pick a fight for rather than omg we need to own the map quick bring the zerg. if i could op fight atm i would love to as its still the greatest fun in NC if done correctly. ping > me.i don't mean to sound like i'm "bigging up" my own team, but to be fair besides our KoS everyone rule TERRArists fight fairly, we don't aoe (only vegah does once in a while with a stupid nib barrel and we still all shout at him on vent =p), don't zerg (generally don't have enough on anyway, but we don't attack clans with less people on than we're bringing to the fight), don't whore the map (generally we only have a few op's cause you don't need to own the entire map, that's just being greedy.. if we leave more room on the map other clans can have op's we can call in on for a fight ;]), don't ninja (cept every now and then if all our op's have been ninjazerged we'll borrow one of sxr's factories if we need um =] they're good at rehacking their op's they enjoy it) and that's the truth, you know it bitches now follow our example ffs :x

solling
15-04-07, 20:35
not even gonna comment :p

solling
15-04-07, 20:36
ops double post

Dogface
15-04-07, 22:25
I'm glad to say TERRArists aren't as lame as FF.

solling
16-04-07, 20:11
im glad to say they are.

whatever lame thing we have done from time to time terrarist and any other clan have done the same.

EVERY clan out there is biased. U always think u do less crap and enemy more.

a LOOOOOOT of years playing nc tough me that :p

William Antrim
16-04-07, 21:20
Tradeskillers would be quite fucked but hey, it's a dangerous world. And you still won't drop belts in opzones so it's not that big problem.

There's still more than enough OPs to find a nice and quiet one where you can safely do your tradeskills. And if not? Bring a friend with a gun. After all, this still is a MMORPG. :)

or you could just let people with trade skills "access" the underground.

Why would a fighter need it anyway. Its got machinery in it etc and therefore big dumb tanks wielding their ravagers wouldnt necessarily be trusted down there really.

SorkZmok
17-04-07, 07:59
or you could just let people with trade skills "access" the underground.

Why would a fighter need it anyway. Its got machinery in it etc and therefore big dumb tanks wielding their ravagers wouldnt necessarily be trusted down there really.
How would you seperate tradeskillers from pvpers? By the level of their tradeskills?
KK tried something like that with turrets. Took a few days and every 2nd tank, ppu and spy could drop those with a cst 3 on them. :lol:

unreal
17-04-07, 08:10
I'm glad to say TERRArists aren't as lame as FF.I agree, they haven't ally killed me yet. :p But I reckon that'll probably change as soon as I get nanotools for Unrael (Black Dragon Spy) and use him for a while. They'll kill Unreal (pro-city) from then on no doubt. lol