PDA

View Full Version : WoC disk: Drop rate?

Dogface
11-04-07, 00:49
What's the drop rate on these now? Spent a fair few hours down there, nothing..

How long did it take you guys before you got one?

unreal
11-04-07, 00:57
About 3 minutes in 2.1 for one of my discs, as my constant lucky streak continued. :D No idea what the drop rate is currently, but you shouldn't expect to get a WoC disc from just a few hours down there. Before the drop rate issue back then the key to getting one was either luck or persistance. Hopefully the drop rate is back to being low.

kurai
11-04-07, 01:02
Adding up, conservatively, I must have hacked somewhere around 70 Prototypes. Not a damn WoC disk in the lot :(

In all I must have had got well over 300 tech parts, including drop from Experimentals.

darkservent
11-04-07, 01:04
ive spent about 30 hours in there since 2.2 and nothing! drop rate needs to be increased slightly because its just stupid how a team (lets ignore 1 droner) goes down there spends 40 hours trying to get a disc and then is like right who gets it. fix the drop so its not so bad

Neally
11-04-07, 01:06
Adding up, conservatively, I must have hacked somewhere around 70 Prototypes. Not a damn WoC disk in the lot :(

In all I must have had got well over 300 tech parts, including drop from Experimentals.

Same, imo Woc Disk drop should be higher
Just in case non-lucky players would like to own some ;D

Powerpunsh
11-04-07, 01:08
Ok, i found 3 woc discs and 262 rareparts.
1,5 rare parts per mob, means u have to kill
262/1,5/3= 58 prototypes for one disc. ;)
i spent 9-10 hours for this as a drohner/ppu duallog. ;)

Dogface
11-04-07, 01:08
To be honest I think KK have lowered the drop rate massively, to increase the price of the disks because the server was flooded with them during the drop rate problem.

gamefreak
11-04-07, 01:13
I was down i the Labs with PPU + Tank for two days until we found our first disk yesterday. However, I don't recommend you to go to the Labs. 5 Minutues after i found the disk i died (Shields weren't working), and the woc disk was gone. I dropped no belt and the disk wasn't in my inventory anymore after genrepping.
Neocron sucks. Have a nice time everyone.

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 01:14
Couple of guys from phoenix spent 12 hours (not including breaks) solid down there.

Not one disk.

I'm 9 mil from WoC 2 and I'll be needing two of them soon.

a4nic8er
11-04-07, 01:17
I got 2 in 5 days (was off and on).

Worked out to 1 in 57 (I got 2 from 114 protos).

Chuck Norris
11-04-07, 01:27
Ive been trying to get a disk now for almost two weeks now... I keep getting run off by large teams or exploit killers. Pretty frustrating especially with 0 hour corpse rots.

Rambus
11-04-07, 01:27
170 proto hacks, no disk- :(

tarasm
11-04-07, 07:20
90 protos hacked, 0!!!!!

Seraphin[69]
11-04-07, 07:43
Since I've been in a lab I've never hacked a single WOC disk

Me is unlucky tho... You just have to see the last belts I dropped :

4 slots PoB
4 slots ultimated moonie

And I even dropped my WOC disk on tank when I was headed to Ceres Temple to activate WOC skill after a Blank screen crash

jini
11-04-07, 07:51
Yea.. This thing with WoC disks should stop.
Substitute luck with a hard to do mission for WoC disks. No matter how many times I ve been down there for these last 2 years, I have never managed to crack a WoC disk. I believe what we still see are disks that people sell from when there was that bug. Which is simply unfair.

WoC disks based in luck, but when this was introduced, There were not even WoC items. Now that for most, WoC is a necessity, introduce a mission to obtain the disk directly

SorkZmok
11-04-07, 08:14
Now that for most, WoC is a necessity, introduce a mission to obtain the disk directly
Not for most. It IS a necessity now as the woc guns are incredibly better than their rare counterparts. And that is just plain stupid.
There's possibly insane amounts of discs people farmed when the droprates where broken. They just don't sell those. Especially now when you can exploit woc xp in less than a day. o_O

KK need to tone down woc guns. I like the FL for example, i don't want to trade it for some antique piece of shit gun just to compete. I love my high tech shizzle. :lol:

Kierz
11-04-07, 08:22
']And I even dropped my WOC disk on tank when I was headed to Ceres Temple to activate WOC skill after a Blank screen crashwere you red sl? ... if not it's called slot 1, noob. :P

Ru-Just-RU
11-04-07, 08:25
i`am realy interested: there is a something like (Random) function, or a (Counter) ?? why some ppl`s spend 40 (!) hours in Lab, and still got nothing ?!? O_o and in same time someone go to Lab at first time(!) and got disk in 5-10(!!!) mins ??

or maybe GM hidding at Lab, and put disk in mob ?? :wtf:

jini
11-04-07, 08:48
Not for most. It IS a necessity now as the woc guns are incredibly better than their rare counterparts. And that is just plain stupid.
There's possibly insane amounts of discs people farmed when the droprates where broken. They just don't sell those. Especially now when you can exploit woc xp in less than a day. o_O

KK need to tone down woc guns. I like the FL for example, i don't want to trade it for some antique piece of shit gun just to compete. I love my high tech shizzle. :lol:
I disagree.
And I has still not found yet a substitute for FL.

Rambus
11-04-07, 09:00
4 slots PoB

Why on earth would you have a PoB on you in the woc caves...

Tyler_Durdon
11-04-07, 09:32
i think the woc disc drop in 2.2 is much higher then in 2.1. Its my opinion and my experiance. in 2.1 i ve been there 1-2 month, found nothing. 2.2, one week - 3 discs

Voodoo_Magic
11-04-07, 11:16
personal oppinion is of no change, and they have to leave it as drops, every game needs something that comes purely from a highlevel mob drop. and its not a necessity at all possibly for pistolers but tahts all

Seraphin[69]
11-04-07, 12:26
Even if you farm it with laods of people, say you find 1 in 10 hours with a team of 8... OMG you'll need 80 hours farming that place for 10 disks !

There's tons of way to make a WOC Disk mission...

Want a crazy idea ? See how the warbots are overpowered ? Let's say you have to kill 10 x 127/127 Warbot EZ-4XTR which are immuned to PCR and FIR damage (so droners can't exploit those with RK1000 like they do in ceres/MC5 atm)

Or... Better idea...

Give the runner the WOC disks : 1 WOC disk / account / char / year since their join date !

Voodoo_Magic
11-04-07, 13:00
']Even if you farm it with laods of people, say you find 1 in 10 hours with a team of 8... OMG you'll need 80 hours farming that place for 10 disks !

There's tons of way to make a WOC Disk mission...

Want a crazy idea ? See how the warbots are overpowered ? Let's say you have to kill 10 x 127/127 Warbot EZ-4XTR which are immuned to PCR and FIR damage (so droners can't exploit those with RK1000 like they do in ceres/MC5 atm)

Or... Better idea...

Give the runner the WOC disks : 1 WOC disk / account / char / year since their join date !

that last idea is awful i got an account that i had a year and needs 5 woc discs...nearlly 8

and another note rk 1000 is force not pierce

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 13:35
A mission would probably make more sense regarding where WoC disks come from and the like. Though how this would work I dunno. Should be about as hard as getting maybe two parts to an MC5 or something.
Maybe one mob in each ceres lab should drop something an NPC wants.

Or like MC5, have just one proto in each lab that allways drops a disk.

The ceres lab layouts could do with a rework though, they're just too easy, especially for AoEers and droners.

ArthurDent2k
11-04-07, 13:52
personal oppinion is of no change, and they have to leave it as drops, every game needs something that comes purely from a highlevel mob drop. and its not a necessity at all possibly for pistolers but tahts all

100% agree. Been caving in Ceres Lab for countless hours,didn't get a single disk but it keeps one going :)

Neally
11-04-07, 13:58
A mission would probably make more sense regarding where WoC disks come from and the like. Though how this would work I dunno. Should be about as hard as getting maybe two parts to an MC5 or something.
Maybe one mob in each ceres lab should drop something an NPC wants.

Or like MC5, have just one proto in each lab that allways drops a disk.

The ceres lab layouts could do with a rework though, they're just too easy, especially for AoEers and droners.

Not a really good idea. Some players have time to spend hours in labs killing every mob, but some players don't. And I doubt a mission would do it, if you consider you will have to do that mission everytime you need a woc disk ?

I think a simple and easy drop increased would really be fair. It's just too ironic to see tons of people with PA woc 3 with woc weapons which mean they eneded like 4-5 discs while you spend fucking hours just trying to get one. This problem also affects balancing.

edit : I think Protos dropping parts to make a WOC disc would be the best, considering woc discs as rare items that only can be build with 6-7 parts.

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 14:33
I don't mind either way, mission or increased rop rate. A mission simply provides a more justifiable mechanism for attaining these items that should all be in a vault somewhere in NC.

Perhaps an NPC in NC, DoY and MB that asks for a cirtain number (6-7 or whatever) of parts that drop from the protos (with say a 50% chance of a proto dropping one). The NPC would then swap these for a disk. It would be easier to attain these than a whole disk, so easier for casual and more intense players to get hold of them.

Or cut out the disks and an NPC in NC/DoY/MB alltogether and just have the temple NPCs ask for the parts.

ArthurDent2k
11-04-07, 14:46
Perhaps an NPC in NC, DoY and MB that asks for a cirtain number (6-7 or whatever) of parts that drop from the protos (with say a 50% chance of a proto dropping one). The NPC would then swap these for a disk. It would be easier to attain these than a whole disk, so easier for casual and more intense players to get hold of them.

Nice idea

CMaster
11-04-07, 15:32
I don't mind either way, mission or increased rop rate. A mission simply provides a more justifiable mechanism for attaining these items that should all be in a vault somewhere in NC.

Or cut out the disks and an NPC in NC/DoY/MB alltogether and just have the temple NPCs ask for the parts.

Lets expand this a little. Say there are 6 or 7 different parts, all with equivilant drop chance. Then we have the actual ceres vault somewhere, protected by various turrets and such. When you enter you get a mission to kill 5 storage room turrets or something off a panel at the entrance. Fight your way through a couple of rooms, get to the storage room. This has 7 or so robots/turrets. Kill them (well, get credit for 5) and you can take disc plans (BP) from the storage.
Hand over your plans and parts to a constructor, get a disk built.

Or, to save all the hastle of making a new zone (although it would be nice) and have an NPC at the temple give out the BPs.

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 15:40
Problem with 6-7 different parts is that it would invariably be similar to the rare system, some would drop more than others, and you'd cog the DB with more unused parts. Even if you could ensure equal chance, it's just unnecessary hassle frankly.

As for the vault; why would you raid it, and why would you be allowed to?
I doubt the NCPD would let you walk off with chunks of the Ceres Project, even if you had assisted in sorting out some robots/turrents gone haywire.

CMaster
11-04-07, 15:42
Problem with 6-7 different parts is that it would invariably be similar to the rare system, some would drop more than others, and you'd cog the DB with more unused parts. Even if you could ensure equal chance, it's just unnecessary hassle frankly.

As for the vault; why would you raid it, and why would you be allowed to?
I doubt the NCPD would let you walk off with chunks of the Ceres Project, even if you had assisted in sorting out some robots/turrents gone haywire.

What makes you think that CA currently control it?

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 15:53
The Ceres War was fought for the disks, the old PE/Spy PA run involved you going to the disk archive in NCPDHQ and the regant's legacy run was born fron the storyline/event where a number of disks were ambushed in transit from NC.

CMaster
11-04-07, 15:58
regant's legacy run was born fron the storyline/event where a number of disks were ambushed in transit from NC.

Not exactly. The discs were FOUND at regant's fortress. The two cities scrapped over them, but the mercs eventually made off with them. As the mercs legged it though, they got ambushed by the Reborn Regant's forces.
And yes, the Ceres War eventually meant that the disks ended up in the hands of Regant and his government, with Regant releasing the data slowly publically. However the storyline gives the impression that his death came before this was complete. Since then we've had so many overthrows and revolutions in Neocron it would be quite suprising if the present government still controled all the facilites that the Regant government did, especially as the wastelands were apparently uncrossable following the Ceres War. It would also seem odd if CA were grabbing at whatever they could despite controlling the old vault.

Anyway, was just looking to boost the usefullness of tradeskillers and encourage a bit of player-player interaction there.

Neally
11-04-07, 16:11
Anyway I think that needing up to from 6 to 8 rare parts for the disk is good. Let's give a chance to the trade so everyone is happy ;D

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 17:19
Well how about...

NPC in NCPD (primary collection) and DoY (remenants of original collection), will give you a copy of part of the data in exchange for 15 (or whatever) E parts?

Off you then bimble to the temple.

Regants legacy would have to be sorted, but then it needs sorting anyway.

Or to keep the ceres labs in use have a part drop from them with the same chance as a tech.

R3N3GADE
11-04-07, 19:22
woc should be a hard epic.. say 8 missions and you need a good team to do it. once your done you dont get the disc u get the woc lvl it self.

Dribble Joy
11-04-07, 19:24
And what about the people with no team?

R3N3GADE
11-04-07, 19:30
well im sure ppl can find a team it aint that hard. you cant exactly get discs on your own anyway.
they should do away with the 100 mill over cap too .. i think capped runners have done enough grinding to get that far.
it would balance woc out so more ppl had it.

Dogface
11-04-07, 20:04
And what about the people with no team?

They log their droners ;)

unreal
11-04-07, 20:34
well im sure ppl can find a team it aint that hardYou're in a clan with 5 gazillion members who need to get WoC, of course it's not hard. It's just hard for everyone else because noone answers you when you ask. ;)

yanbybkipbbpbbp
11-04-07, 21:48
Don't worry about the drop rate, with the new item cloning exploit, you can easily find a woc for under 20 mills.

SorkZmok
12-04-07, 08:54
Don't worry about the drop rate, with the new item cloning exploit, you can easily find a woc for under 20 mills.
Yeah and it's really gonna help if all you idiots bring the issue up on the forums all the time.

People are stupid. I doubt that ANYONE who has been whining about this exploit now could even confirm that it exists. Stop believing all the shit they tell you ingame. o_O

R3N3GADE
12-04-07, 12:07
well i got a ppu if anyone needs one and if i aint doing much ide be willing to help. i got woc on my 2 most important chars so ill help others if they want it.

as for exploiting i hope anyone caught is banned for life. so many whine about droners yet so many who whine use exploits to get what they want.

Dogface
16-04-07, 03:44
EIGHTY ! Proto's in one night, not a single disk. Added with all the other nights and all the other hours (few hours a night for a few weeks) the clan has been down there, I've decided this drop rate is fucking ridiculous.

Safunte
16-04-07, 04:19
droprates are the same, woc tunnels are easier to do... so more disks floating around. But still, unhappy people.

Dont fucking bug their loot to gimp like every mobthat drops trophies, but have each prototype carry a single part, and require 60ish of that part for a mission (start the mission, kill 60 protos, get the disk) and make this mission redoable. This way, its fair game for anyone (still need the same "team" to accomplish it too)

A higher number of protos would obviously keep the woc disks still in value and keep woc as a specialty grind.

unreal
16-04-07, 04:31
I highly disapprove of any kind of mission to get hold of a WoC disc. All a mission would achieve is to make things twice as easy both for clans who stay there all day, and those who can't be bothered to continue farming for one. To quote what I said in some random thread the other day...
In all fairness, non-droners in the Ceres Labs and MC5 buildings are exploiting their arse off as well, sitting in the same old hidey holes not taking damage, which has been going on for as long as I can remember. Why don't they have some consideration and bugger off too? ;) I personally think the labs at the very least should be closed until a more or less exploit-free alternative is setup. Right now you have LE'd droners in there with overpowered drones, or APU/Tanks sitting in the hidey hole firing away without taking damage. It's rediculously easy to get WoC disks if you can be bothered to sit there for a while.As I see it, the Ceres Labs are no challenge to any of us whatsoever. Unless you're a droner with stealth, you initially need a PPU to help you get into the tunnel, but once you're there, it's easy pickings. You take no damage while shooting the mobs because everyone uses the safespots, so the possible timesync involved (depending on your luck that is) should remain.

I'm surprised the Ceres Labs are actually open. The old style ones got closed because of the door safespot issue, I think. What you have in the current style Ceres Labs is exactly the same thing if not worse. I can't truly believe Reakktor know nothing about the mass of safespots in those sectors.

Ru-Just-RU
16-04-07, 10:52
I'm surprised the Ceres Labs are actually open. The old style ones got closed because of the door safespot issue, I think. What you have in the current style Ceres Labs is exactly the same thing if not worse. I can't truly believe Reakktor know nothing about the mass of safespots in those sectors.

I disagree: Reakktor know about safespots at Labs, know about owerpowered Drones, Know about LE Droning against not LE.....
They all know....
BUT!! HELLO!!! How long do you playing NC ?? year ? 2? oh... 4 (!!!)
very nice! and what about new peoples ? they must play at least year to get good things, Etc ?!?

They even don`t know about forum...
and last thing... Evo 2.2 is Sucks (that`s all know) but! we must say "THX" to all expirience players, who played like 3-4 years.... and so will be in future - expirienced players who was bored of 2.2 will write: Hey Reakktor, do this, and this... remove LE, make "new" balance.... yea, maybe it`s good but don`t forget: even it`s a PvP game, there is a peoples who don`t like PvP!!

//Sorry for my Bad English ^^

Dogface
16-04-07, 16:05
They'd know even more about their own game if they actually played it though..

L0KI
16-04-07, 16:20
WoC isnt a necessity, nor should it be easy to get the discs.

However, I do think a REALLY REALLY difficult and VERY time consuming mission would be better than the current method.

I, however have been in to the ceres tunnel just the once, with Gunnar. We spent 40 mins down there and got a disc.

Ru-Just-RU
16-04-07, 16:28
They'd know even more about their own game if they actually played it though..

AfaIk, they play.... but in alitle different game ^^ ;)

Ru-Just-RU
16-04-07, 16:38
so, if anyone interested, i can offer a "better" way for WoC:
First (and main): EXCLUDE WoC disk`s from game;

Each player, if he reach WoC (by EXP) can get WoC level.
Better way - it`s a create a mission, something like this:

When you have WoC 1 exp, you going to WoC Temple ( will be very good, if in Ceres Temple will be loads of Mobs, witch ignore Stealth )
Speaking With Servant, and he ask you to bring him "Parts" (something like Proove of your Expirience), Like an X-bow mission (hard to get ;) )
You collect parts he needed, and going back (Loads of mobs again :lol: );
give parts to servant, paying 2 mill, AND Finaly!! you get WoC )))

So, why it`s good ? Cuz now, WoC is near useless ( WoC weapon drop, ETC)

unreal
16-04-07, 16:47
Play Pokémon if you want everything handed to you on a plate. WoC is fine as it is, only people complain because they think getting a WoC disc every 2minutes or on the first run is supposed to be the norm.

Dogface
16-04-07, 16:49
Ohh I get it, so because YOU can get a second WoC disk within a few minutes of being in a cave just after getting a first disk from another cave, the drop rate is totally fine? :rolleyes:

Talk about having shit handed to you.. Hypocrite.

Ru-Just-RU
16-04-07, 17:02
Play Pokémon if you want everything handed to you on a plate. WoC is fine as it is, only people complain because they think getting a WoC disc every 2minutes or on the first run is supposed to be the norm.

WoC is useless and disbalanced now, so it`s Bullshit

unreal
16-04-07, 17:02
That's called being lucky Dogface, something I often have the pleasure of, not that it would make any difference to my opinion just because I managed to get two in under 3 days. Prior to my previous visits to the Ceres Labs all those months ago, I spent a considerable amount of time some months earlier and got nothing for a few weeks before eventually getting one. The drop rate has been rediculously high for so long since the labs re-opened, that half the people whining in this thread now think that WoC discs are supposed to drop like candy. They did drop like candy for a brief time, but that was only due to a bug. WoC discs used to be extremely rare, and I hope the drop rate has been lowered enough to make them rare once again.

But considering how effortless farming the Ceres Labs is (ie, exploiting thanks to the safespots, particularly the tunnel ones), I doubt it's been lowered enough to reflect that sort of activity.

Dribble Joy
16-04-07, 17:06
Just plug the safe spot with a box. Nerf the bloody drones and increase the drop rate.

Lowering the drop rate because something is bugged or overpowered is not the way to go.

Dogface
16-04-07, 17:06
I don't want the disks to drop like candy. I understand that they are meant to be rare. All I want is for KK to stop lowering the drop rate and thinking it's fine even though some people like yourself can get that lucky and do get a few disks drop in a day or two, yet others like myself have spent not 'just a few hours' but actual weeks down there and not seen a single one.

I want a FIXED drop rate with some real consistency to it, not what we have now which is a fairly wank system.

I think you can agree with me there though?

unreal
16-04-07, 17:07
The drop rate was already rediculously high as mentioned (yay for nabbl speaking the truth :p), it's good that it's been lowered again. It's good to know that Reakktor are thinking about all sorts of different problems. I just hope at some point the sector will be closed off and replaced with something less exploitative.

Edit @Dogface: They do have consistency, in the sense that they do drop WoC discs if you keep at it. ;) I don't agree with you though, and think it's fine as it is. The luck factor is just perfect for WoC discs. You wouldn't go into a Casino and say "what the hell, you must rig it so I get a million pound jackpot once in a while". When you do actually get one you have the response of "Wow, I got one! Woohoo!". It's not often I end up applauding Reakktor as I'm usually doing the opposite, but since a lot of issues with 2.2 have mostly been ironed out, I actually am for once. The decision they made in this patch is most definitely the right one.

Ru-Just-RU
16-04-07, 17:13
[b]
- Lowered WoC disk drop rate.

OMG!!!!

Dogface
16-04-07, 17:22
Edit @Dogface: They do have consistency, in the sense that they do drop WoC discs if you keep at it. ;) I don't agree with you though, and think it's fine as it is. The luck factor is just perfect for WoC discs. You wouldn't go into a Casino and say "what the hell, you must rig it so I get a million pound jackpot once in a while". When you do actually get one you have the response of "Wow, I got one! Woohoo!".

Why should you get two in two days and I don't get one in several weeks?

Of course I'll get one if I keep at it, I know that. The problem is how long do I have to keep at it compared to others? There's no pattern to the drop rate, which isn't really fair.

Safunte
17-04-07, 22:57
OMG!!!!

The WoC Disk droprate was "bugged" higher for a short amount of time before 2.2.... Just so happens Snowcrash would tell us about it being put back

Also just so happens only a certain group of people knew about it at the precise timing...

But alas, droprates are the same as they more commonly were in 2.1

netster
19-04-07, 08:19
is there any woc disc cave currently, where i dont need to hack the mobs? oh and yes, the droprate suxx big1 atm :p

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 08:26
The drop rate was already rediculously high as mentioned (yay for nabbl speaking the truth :p), it's good that it's been lowered again. It's good to know that Reakktor are thinking about all sorts of different problems. I just hope at some point the sector will be closed off and replaced with something less exploitative.The drop rate was broken and people kept exploiting it for such a long time, lowering the rate now is just pure nonsense. Especially with WoC guns now pretty much being a requirement for PE who want to pvp.

I wish i knew the amount of discs that are collecting dust in some peoples apartments. o_O

CritiNator
19-04-07, 09:22
Now that WOC is requirement for PVP, why are they lowering drop rate?
I cant see the idea behind this. Only thing, that still cost something, is woc disk and they make it even more rare. Now you need to have 5M money, to get anything you want and 40M to get woc disk. Thats NC economy in short.

I play this game for PVP only nowadays. I hate the fact, that i can level my character to PVP faster than getting the woc disk.

unreal
19-04-07, 09:58
The drop rate was broken and people kept exploiting it for such a long time, lowering the rate now is just pure nonsense. Especially with WoC guns now pretty much being a requirement for PE who want to pvp.Emphasis on the was. It was bugged which is why they blocked off the labs (which was easily got around by some meaning lots of them got WoC discs, R2K got a fair amount this way, and no doubt the other clans did too, as some of those members now have WoC on nearly all their characters, WoC 3 on others. :p).

The labs were then reopened after it was fixed, but even since then, the drop rate was still rather high compared to what it used to be previously. WoC still ISN'T a requirement for PvP. A large handful of the other weapons are more than viable. Craftmans Dream, Reaper Rifle, my First Love actually kicks arse, but admittedly it's sort of on par to some of the lower TL weapons, then you have most of the other weapons. If you can't be bothered or don't have the time to get WoC, then you don't have it, simple as that. Next you'll be wanting XP increased so you can cap another character in an hour because you don't have time.

I agree that the economy is rather screwed, but when new items are around, it's to be expected. People want to sell the new rares and rewards for very high amounts. Hopefully once the grace period is over, the prices will drop. Especially now that techs drop off almost every high level mob you kill. People are coming away with hundreds of techs on most of their levelling sessions.

[removed]

Selendor
19-04-07, 10:35
I'm so glad people are saying WOC is not yet obligatory for PvP. Capping my characters was mind numbing enough (I actually fell asleep at the keyboard a few times), doing that x10 for WOC is like a terrible nightmare.

I always used to post that the rarest weapons should give a slight advantage over normal weapons without rendering them useless, so they're more for bragging rights than anything else. Long may this continue.

Regarding the disks, KK are always talking about things being 'fairer' these days. Well since they are so much harder to get now than they used to be, that doesn't seem very fair to me at all. Surely the solution would be to keep the Disks at a more rapid drop rate, and then introduce a new type of disk for a future WOC requirement that hardly drops at all.

That way its 'fair' for all.

CMaster
19-04-07, 10:58
Reaper Rifle, my First Love actually kicks arse, but admittedly it's sort of on par to some of the lower TL weapons,

[removed]

Reaper is WoC, you nub!
But anyway the point is that the disks aren't rare and so many were farmed during the bugged time they are never likley to be again.

unreal
19-04-07, 11:07
Some things aren't about "fairness", WoC discs especially. Would you expect to farm the tech parts for a Redeemer any quicker than someone else just because you wanted one? The answer is no, because they drop randomly. Buy one if you don't want to farm for one. If people spent less time complaining about it and continued to farm away they would probably have a nice WoC disc in their hands by now and enough tech parts to go with it, which they may or may not sell for cash to pay towards the WoC level or WoC PA.

Well since they are so much harder to get now than they used to be
Again, noone here wants to acknowledge or remember how tedious and difficult it was before this "quick and easy" drop period. They've only changed the settings back towards what was intended.

All I see in this thread are people who are whining about spending a bit longer than others, that some can't be bothered, or that some don't have the time to level to WoC and/or farm for a disc. The simple solution is keep it at, make time, buy one off someone else, or don't have WoC. It's no excuse to change the system to make it terribly easy again. WoC has always been an end-game bonus there for people who have the time to get it. Just be thankful it's not the requirement of PvP that everyone wants to say it is. The only exception would be for Private Eyes, as the WoC PA gives about 5 Dexterity, which is a bit steep, but still not too overpowering. You can get along perfectly fine without it.

Edit @Cmaster: "Reaper is WoC, you nub!" - Hmm, bad example then, I haven't seen the info on one of them yet and only saw someone without WoC PA using one, so wasn't sure if it was WoC. The other rifles still sting anyhow, not to mention most other non-WoC weapons. :) I understand the problem regarding the drop rate bug, that a mass of people obtained WoC discs that way, but I don't feel it's any excuse to not revert the drop rate back to something that was intended.

CMaster
19-04-07, 11:19
Personally, I just that the idea behind low-drop things. I'm no fan of farming, thats no secret. But that said, I'm prepared to put in TIME to get WoC. What I don't like is it all coming down to chance. If I can be confident that if I do everything right for 12 hours or so, then thats fine by me. If I could spend 10 minutes and get one, or I could spend 30 hours and not get a disk, then that fucking infuriates me. I don't like CHANCE.

Dribble Joy
19-04-07, 12:01
Indeed. Consistency, be it like MC5, a mission or whatever is what we need.

unreal
19-04-07, 12:03
A mission is just an easy way out for those who barely play.

netster
19-04-07, 13:08
well .... basically KK "could" do the same shit with woc-discs like with the all-time-expensive stuff like DS, Gaya Glove, etc etc and make it a lowcoster and cab-dust-magnet thingy. i really would like to get a woc disc on my pe's hands, which i am leveling currently. a time expensive mission to get one like the AK/xbow mission. lets say .... 12 missions instead of 3 i would even accept to get one.

Seraphin[69]
19-04-07, 14:13
I'm so glad people are saying WOC is not yet obligatory for PvP.

Then I guess we're not playing the same game...

Wyatt Earp hurts a lot less than Freeman Pistol (poison or fire modded)
Executionner hurts a lot less than [AOE] Xbow (poison or firemoded)
Pain easer hurts a lot less than the poison AK47

Hopefully the good WOC stuff is only for pistol and rifles.

I can't imagine what it would be if that reached the tanks and monks

unreal
19-04-07, 14:17
The Executioner in 2.2 is pretty pants along with the Slasher IIRC without even comparing them to WoC weaponry, so that's not really a good comparison. Those two weapons really need to be tweaked a bit. But as for the Wyatt Earp, people have said it's not a bad weapon actually, and also, it's only low TL, and shouldn't do insane damage. Spec some poison resist or wear the neccessary armour? Pain Easer is a tad on the crap side though. :p

SorkZmok
19-04-07, 14:23
The Executioner in 2.2 is pretty pants along with the Slasher IIRC without even comparing them to WoC weaponry, so that's not really a good comparison. Those two weapons really need to be tweaked a bit. But as for the Wyatt Earp, people have said it's not a bad weapon actually, and also, it's only low TL, and shouldn't do insane damage. Spec some poison resist or wear the neccessary armour? Pain Easer is a tad on the crap side though. :pI dunno about the exec really but i heard it's crap.

The other guns mentioned are just fucked up because of the single shot/burst weapon issue.

it seems to me that the woc guns get a lot more bonus to damage than they should be. Not to forget you get those in artifact quality with 4+ slots through a piss easy run. o_O

Dribble Joy
19-04-07, 14:51
Xbow does about 12% more dmg than a judge purely on dmg/time, factor in reload times and it's something like 50% more.

Part of the problem with the system is that going all out for a high tl weapon doesn't adversly affect your relative defences that much. The mainstat imps (CCP, SF, etc.) have loads of subskill effects, so more dex also means more PC/RC/Etc..
Dmg is still affected by TL, so why use a wyatt with 100+ dex?
Forgoing the offence imps for a number of resist ones doesn't really make up for it either.
Reversing that was a central point behind the imp rework, though whether KK twigs that is yet to be seen.

Garfield
19-04-07, 20:39
sellin woc disk 30mill per piece :D dm ingame

Seraphin[69]
19-04-07, 23:48
Spec some poison resist or wear the neccessary armour?

Thanks to you but my tank is good enought with nice resists.
Problem is some guns just do too much damage.

Beeing hit by a freeman gun with fire stacking is hurting insanely even on a tank with full inquisition set

Dogface
19-04-07, 23:51
Indeed, group pvp still isn't balanced.