PDA

View Full Version : Few MORE gripes at the current settings (Pistol aiming/range, and PvE).

unreal
10-04-07, 09:18
Yet another complaint post from me, but as always, it's about things that really need to be addressed. These issues have already been mentioned all over the forum several times since 2.2 went retail (and even before then), so it makes sense to create a subject-specific thread on the matter, where our thoughts and suggestions can be merged, and hopefully taken notice of.

I've tried to use Pistols on the odd occasion now with both a WoC Dex Spy and WoC Dex PE but Pistols are near enough useless unless you're stood extremely close to the target and you're running slowly. Anything more than this extremely small distance and you can barely hit the target as the reticle lock is very slow, and the bullets usually spray everywhere because you can't get a good enough lock.

Just watch the recent PvP video nabbl posted as an example. Nearly all PE's and Spies are using rifles, apart from the odd PEs who have continued to whore their rather overpowered Crossbow. I wonder why? :rolleyes: Admittedly I haven't used the majority of the 'new' rares, mostly because of the PvE problem I'm about to go into, but I doubt they're much different aim-wise.

In 2.1, most of the rifles were bugged or did low damage, or both, meaning they weren't worth using, which is why nearly every PE or Spy used Pistols. Granted part of that decision was because of the Crossbow, but in general it was due to the mentioned bugs, rather pants damage output, and even the slight runspeed nerf. In 2.2 now things are more balanced except for the aiming. It means you've just swapped everything around. Pistols are now mostly useless while Rifles are excellent.

This has caused me to continually play on my Rifle Spy because you can actually hit things more than a footstep away from you (depending on the weapon of course, I've tried the Ray of God and Healing Light - both of which don't seem to want to reliably register damage on moving targets :(), who used to be a tradeskiller that has LOM'd about 8 or 9 times prior to 2.2, and consequently is undercapped by a couple of levels. My PE also needs to level a bit in order to cap Constitution. This need to level tidily brings me onto the PvE problem.

You've made a blunt decision about PvE. All mobs around and above rank 64 are now typically PPU buttplugg territory unless you can snipe them at long range so you don't get instagibbed by the majority of them. The size of our community/population and furthermore the amount of people around to level makes this decision just downright stupid.

Asking if people are levelling on Terra gets you no response, as most people simply can't be bothered to reply, if they are actually levelling in the first place. Some people have already said they're thinking of quitting as they can't kill things anymore, and I honestly can't blame them. For the mobs we're able to kill without being instagibbed, our combat ranks being too high means we get minimal cash and XP.

What is your reasoning behind this decision Reakktor, and would you care to make them public? If it's to try and get people together a bit more, this isn't the answer. Events are the answer to that problem. Have you ever taken a minute to see how little PPU's there are, or people levelling up nowadays? Someone in charge needs to start using their noggin' combined with common sense. This change to PvE has been truly terrible for the general population. I seriously hope it won't be another few months before you finally realise the errors of your ways.

nabbl
10-04-07, 09:43
well i have to say that u have to go for different mobs when u use a pistol.

rifle user can kill WBs and Grims without getting in trouble. but pistol useres have to dodge behind trees, walls and hills. its very interesting to level with a pistol char and in a cave with 2 or 3 teammates the range doesnt really matter :)

just go and hunt for other mobs than wbs and grims. or hunt for them and use the possibilities the game gives u :)

awkward silence
10-04-07, 09:53
I actually agree with unreal

unreal
10-04-07, 09:56
Give an example of these "other mobs" that give good experience and cash/loot for someone with a combat rank higher than 69? "In a cave" - pretty much requires PPU buttpluggage even in the Chaos Caves where the Creepers have been lowered to rank 64. I'm not in a clan that has 5million PPUs on hand and neither are lots of other people trying to level. It's hard enough to find people to level with at the best of times.

Hiding behind a tree or a hill generally won't stop you being instantly whooped by a mob, unless you're doing it in an exploitative way (ie, you can hit them, but they can't hit you back, even though you're within their range). "Using the possibilities the game gives you" as a Pistol user means you're going to be doing just that, getting yourself in a position where you can just about hit them with your rubbish range, without being hit back, because otherwise you'll be toast.

DR REED
10-04-07, 10:18
You've made a blunt decision about PvE. All mobs around and above rank 64 are now typically PPU buttplugg territory unless you can snipe them at long range so you don't get instagibbed by the majority of them. The size of our community/population and furthermore the amount of people around to level makes this decision just downright stupid.

Asking if people are levelling on Terra gets you no response, as most people simply can't be bothered to reply, if they are actually levelling in the first place. Some people have already said they're thinking of quitting as they can't kill things anymore, and I honestly can't blame them. For the mobs we're able to kill without being instagibbed, our combat ranks being too high means we get minimal cash and XP.

100% agree for a lot of people playing on MARS and reading/(few) writing in the German board section, no matter what fullcapped "powergamers" just like Nabbl & Co are writing !

Last week i talked to two new players which are about quitting the game after some weeks of trial.

It does no matter what developers think how "challenging" PvE should be if they do not play the game. It is most unimportant what powergamers which have full daytime to play NC think how "challenging" PvE should be.

Is IS important, what the majority of AVERAGE players want. Because it is completely worthless to adjust the game for 3 Devs and 5-10% of bored, rich and fullcapped gamers, present development of server populations demonstrates this clearly.

Technical issues as the pistol problems and non-functional drones at lower TL as much as the completely insane combat rank calculations are boosting the negagtive effects of an inadequate PvE concept.

Leveling /Hunting is boring, useless and waste of time an money or it simply sucks to view amor/imps are ruined for hunting down a warbot which gives you lot of crap and some few XPs.

I state here that Warbot hunting was one of the most funny actions people loved to do for many, many reasons. Sometimes for fun only.

Fun is over now.

REAKKTOR should fix tecnical issues like the pistol aming with high priority but also be carefully aware what the MAJORITY of players are wishing. The number of posts in the board are NOT the indicator for measuring this :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
10-04-07, 11:56
Actual pistol range isn't an issue really, it's that aiming is still tied to it. Aim speed beyond melee range is slow and reliability of hitting if using a burst weapon is quite poor.

I also say remove pistol recticle speed/minimum-closure reductions with range and run speed.

As to PvE as of now; I've allready said (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139237) most of what I wanted to say.

unreal
10-04-07, 11:59
Actual pistol range isn't an issue really, it's that aiming is still tied to it.That's exactly my point.

Dogface
10-04-07, 14:22
Probably wouldn't be such a problem if reticules wern't the size of my hand span when you target someone =/