PDA

View Full Version : Do i dare return?

Xephonas
09-04-07, 11:47
Well, I find my myself, on this not so pleasent north west English morning sitting by my computer looking for something to do, for something to play. I tried the EVE trial (now i have manic depression, ty eve), I've been fighting round the FPS's. But to be truthful, nothing has compared to the times i have had in Neocron.

I told myself i'd just wait for Fallen Earth or any other of the new MMOFPS's that is in development. Also that i'd wait for AoC...but waiting is is fuckin boring!

So, do i dare come back? I was told there is a 30 free day thing? Has that expired yet?

I played NC when retail came, then I came back two more times for a period of time...now i find myself looking at this game again.

Is it worth my time?

Thanks in advance, a bored ex-NC'er

Seraphin[69]
09-04-07, 13:33
Free time period is still active cause my accounts still are.

That's all I can say

silent000
09-04-07, 13:47
Fuck yeh you should return dude, dunno if you remeber me but i was Aseren, in eXL with you. Still quite a few of us still around. Hope to catch up with ya soon :D

Dribble Joy
09-04-07, 13:52
Go for it mush.

Xephonas
09-04-07, 13:56
Fuck yeh you should return dude, dunno if you remeber me but i was Aseren, in eXL with you. Still quite a few of us still around. Hope to catch up with ya soon :D

ssshiiitttt....yeah i remember you matey..:D:D

Yeah i'm downloading the client now...4 hours to go. I don't need to move characters anywhere do I? (i have nc2 chars that i moved from nc1 way back)

Seraphin[69]
09-04-07, 14:12
But you'll have to get new MC5 chips, spend your skill points again and make a tons of adjustements to your template ^^

ashley watts
09-04-07, 17:10
ssshiiitttt....yeah i remember you matey..:D:D

Yeah i'm downloading the client now...4 hours to go. I don't need to move characters anywhere do I? (i have nc2 chars that i moved from nc1 way back)

You might of quit when i joined exl, anyways get yer ass back ! :D

[F6]Knight
09-04-07, 17:18
if i m not mistaken then the 30 day free period ends this wednesday.
so you kinda missed most of it
but i m also a returning vet and even though a lot of ppl are complaining, i like the game again
gives me something fun to do again after doing the same instance over and over again in WoW or staring at my screen for 3 hours while my spaceship shoots missiles at many enemies in EVE :)

StevenJ
09-04-07, 18:14
You might of quit when i joined exl, anyways get yer ass back ! :D

Most people thought of doing, I know I did :p

WB Xeph, good to see you again :)

a4nic8er
11-04-07, 01:10
Is it worth my time?
The free period is almost over (a matter of hours). If you logged on you would find all your characters skill points reset and all their implant stats changed (some characters will have wrong headchips for their weapon choice).

Just sorting those out and finding the new armour types, then working on resists and skill point allocation will take around a week (unless someone can help you get all that stuff and give you their setups).

Then there's the impossible-to-solo mobs (some of which can kill you 2 seconds after you killed them), insane PvP damage done by some weapons, and the newly created bugs and exploiters to deal with.

So, it's not just a matter of time, you would have to pay for at least a month to find out if you want to play under the current system. A lot of us don't.

Serious_Sam
11-04-07, 01:12
One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us! One Of Us!

Dogface
11-04-07, 01:41
The Simpsons? :cool:

Serious_Sam
11-04-07, 01:58
Various sources. A popular chant for conformity.