PDA

View Full Version : Crashing to desktop

whitefirefox
08-04-07, 01:15
I've been having an issue for the past couple of days where I will load up Neocron and it will go all the way to the server select screen. At the screen it will give me 3 server choices: Terra and the two German servers. Now I only speak English as much as I wish I could speak German and all my chars (as noobish as they are) are on Terra. My problem is that when I select Terra it starts to load up character select screen and then crashes. It displays some kind of error, I know it does, but the game screen is covering it. Is there anyway I can find out what the error says? Or has a problem like this occured before? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Addendum: I just tried to create a character on the Mercury server and it crashed as soon as it got past selecting species/race for a soldier character. Could the visuals have bugged out and that is what is doing it? If so does anyone know a fix that does not involve completely re-downloading the game and re-installing from scratch?

Mokoi
08-04-07, 02:56
Assuming you use the dx9 render, look for a file named 'models.tmp' in your NC2 parent folder and delete it.

You can also try switching the render mode to dx7 in the launcher options -> hardware tab.

If the above did not help, run a filecheck (launcher) and see if any model files are broken.

Odin
08-04-07, 03:09
Go into the /defs folder in your Neocron 2 game directory and delete the folder with the servername you want to connect to. For example /defs/Terra(ENG)

If none of that works only thing I can suggest is a full reinstall (including removing the NC2 folder afterwards incase the corrupt file is left behind)

whitefirefox
08-04-07, 03:12
Thank you, Both of you, deleting the model.tmp seemed towork and it is very much so appreciated. Thanks a ton.

Codrum
08-04-07, 04:40
I had the same problem a week ago, couldnt goto the Character select screen or log straight in without crashing the game.

I didnt know about deleting those files so I ran a filecheck which found nothing.

I uninstalled the game but it left 3 font files behind that I couldnt even delete until I restarted my computer.

I reinstalled after i removed the files and it has been working fine since.

Just thought this might help someone else if they have similar problems, or maybe KK can figure out whats causing this. ;)