PDA

View Full Version : Global Starters/PVE Suggestions

Neally
06-04-07, 03:46
Hi,

So first here I won't talk about how was PVE in 2.1, because I don't think it was much greater than it is now. Even if a lot of people are disappointed with 2.2's PVE.

I think now everyone knows what is starting and leveling in Neocron is like, and I think it's a problem for new players. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to play but, might not be that funny.

So here's what i think should be done:

- Reduce A LOT damages mobs do
- Create Mr. Jones Quests for each /10 levels the player gain (maybe every /5) and fairly reward the player with an useful implant or gun
- Reduce XP gain in PVE

I think that could prevent "Powerleveling" and would not disavantage PVE at all. About Mr Jones missies, I know it's weird to say that for Consters/Ressers but, I don't think the community is big enough to search a constructor everytime you need one, and I doubt a new player can give out shit loads of money to afford consters+ressers for his weapons to level.

That lead me to another Suggestion : Lower the TL for Construction, as if you have 115 in construction you'll make a good 105 TL weapon, and same for Researching. (yes i'm trying to bring those subskills like Hack or Implant ;D)

I think the new player has to discover more about his character, i'm one of those crazy guy who think Neocron isn't all about PowerLeveling > woc labs > PVP ^_^

unreal
06-04-07, 04:31
Agree with some and disagree with others. I've already mentioned the same thing somewhere about how levelling as a new player is difficult in many ways (even before 2.2), that hopefully should be acknowledged. Otherwise these new players will get fed up and annoyed, and do what most do, and eventually leave.

One reason is simply not being able to get hold of said levelling weapons alone. Tradeskilling has generally been a high level playing field since the population dipped downwards a couple of years ago and hasn't really changed since. Apart from helping a new player out, there's simply minimal reward, or the majority of the time, negative rewards in low/mid level tradeskilling, because you usually start spending your own money, not to mention the time invested (or wasted depending on how you look at it) in either researching or constructing, or both.

Low and mid level weapons from vendors should be of a higher quality, possibly with a higher chance of slots, to help solve this problem. There just aren't enough tradeskillers around anymore (me included now that my tradeskiller is now an Assassin and already given away 3 apartments full of random items to newbies).

Adding a zillion new quests with I would presume replicas of existing items but with a higher TL is just a bit daft when simply increasing the vendor quality is a much better solution to the problem. Doing this may possibly encourage people to rip their LE earlier on as well, as they'll no longer need to spend days and bucket loads of cash to replace their weapon with another one with good stats and slots.

PvE is already an issue that's been brought up several times so there's not much point going on about it all over again. Hopefully something will be done ASAP, as it's quite rediculous at the moment.

Terayon
06-04-07, 04:32
Increase money gain or trash worth might be a good idea also, and the increased money gain would probably be really easy to change.

Neally
06-04-07, 04:41
I though about it and yeah, Adding those quests would be useless, and it would take much more less time to add quality to weapons from vendors, and about PVE, whatever is the way (increase cash gain or make PVE faster like reduce mob health with same gain would be cool)

But I guess Reakktor realises they are loosing something with the actual PVE system, and i'm thinking about those new players.

The help of other players you mentioned is what's going on in Neocron, and I think it's what is bad about it. I think both selling quality weapons and give higher cash gain would be really more fun for new players and would be a nice start for the new players.

What about the Constructor/researcher solution ? Is it that bad ?
I can't see why you need so much to construct such good things.
It wouldn't be like a pain in the ass to find a constructor if skill needed was reduced.

unreal
06-04-07, 05:13
What about the Constructor/researcher solution ? Is it that bad ?Why not try and test this for yourself? :rolleyes: The majority of people still playing are all people who have capped characters and have the odd friend or tradeskiller character themselves, and only log it on when they need something doing. The reason for that is as mentioned, the reward is minimal or worse for the time spent/tips given. Good luck to finding someone who would build 8+ weapons (and by weapon I mean more than just a rubbish 0 or 1 slot for each weapon :p) that a newbie would need, at a suitable cost for them.

Even more. Have you tried trading higher level things lately? Apart from techs, it's quite tedious. It took me three days of logging on at peak times onwards to spam trade and eventually find someone who was willing to trade a Special Forces CPU for a SWAT Processor (and it only happened because I decided to offer a Hawking). :o I also only ended up getting a 2 slot and a couple of 3 slot Personal Injectors because of being a tad generous in a trade for an ATP of DIP with Brammers (of which it also took me a few days to find someone to trade the part with, ty again Brammers :p). My other Spy and PE still need nanotools built and modded, which is probably going to take me a while (unless someone is willing to sell some 3 slot tools? :D).

Dromidas
06-04-07, 07:13
Which TL tools you need Unreal?

LTA
06-04-07, 10:20
Also if anything i think the xp gain at very low level should be faster, i dont think you should be bound to the sewer for a few days grinding rats but you would be expected to spend a good deal of days grinding your last few levels to cap (with it being pvp focussed be better to get people at loeast half decent faster but not fast enough to have em capped in a few days).

Aerasin
06-04-07, 10:41
I just reactivate my account for the fifth-something time, and I find leveling as a newbie is almost identical now as it was in Beta 4. It was annoying then and its annoying now. Its not the leveling pace, or the cash flow, or even the unavailability of decent weapons. IMO all these are fine. What's annoying is there are SO many mechanics in the game that hinder movement speed, and the person who feels it the most is the newbie. Oh, and aiming with pistols as a newbie is a bitch too. ;)

Dribble Joy
06-04-07, 11:00
Remember that pistols now need as much weapon lore as rifles. As for speed nerfs, the implant rework should take care of that.

Aerasin
06-04-07, 11:05
I'm talking newbies... You know, the first 10 levels...

Dribble Joy
06-04-07, 11:23
Furry chuff. This with store bought or csted?

Also, pistols are generally shit at the moment. Rifles ftw.

Neally
06-04-07, 12:52
Well runspeed isn't much of a problem, even though it's very annoying to have a low runspeed when you start PVE, you should be able to start really easily

I mean wtf, in most MMOs starting is the easier thing to do, in Neocron, if you are alone, it's a pain in the ass ;D

*Have seen MANY people leveling through the repair nanites system - even neocron newbies!* (and PVE before NC 2.2 and before they fix that silly bug was easier than now ;D)