PDA

View Full Version : slow syncs ?

ashley watts
05-04-07, 17:50
Been having em all week but just kept it to my self thinking they were hickups but im having them all the time , and most of the people i know are, anyone else gettin em :S ?

unreal
05-04-07, 17:54
Yeah. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY often, compared to a few weeks ago. I try zoning, get long synced, and then when I attempt to relogin, the login sequence is VERY slow, something taking over a minute to complete. Just now I tried checking the NCPD Most Wanted list, it took a considerable amount time to display the runners on it, and another considerable amount of time to display their information. Apartments are often very slow to zone into as well. :(

Yesterday I was running through Plaza 1 on Unrael (Black Dragon runner of course) without stealth, I aggro a couple of guards and run towards the aggie cellar, and long sync trying to zone into it. I then tried to login with the slow login sequence, failing 3 times, before eventually getting back in. Fortunately I was inside the cellar rather than next to the guard at the entrance. :p

It makes it almost unplayable.

ashley watts
05-04-07, 17:55
Oh yeah forgot mention City com, it takes either a good 2 minutes or like 10 times accsessing it , Really annoying :<>

kane
05-04-07, 18:03
welcome to neocron.

ashley watts
05-04-07, 18:05
welcome to neocron.

you really don't like Neocron any more do you >.< ?

kurai
05-04-07, 18:50
That's fair enough. Neocron never liked him.

But ... getting back to the topic.

Yeah - there's something very wrong with portions of 2.2's network activity.

Ridiculously long login handshaking, character selection, server info updating and final entry into game. Loooooooooooong waits for zoning - across zone lines, into apartments, even after hitting the teleport button on a Generep.
Frequent permanent fails of all the above items - the client doesn't seem to be re-trying enough (if at all) after an error. Only way to continue is to exit the game, and in some cases you have to Alt-F4 because it won't respond at all.

It's peculiarly intermittent - doesn't seemt to have any correalation to time, server population, busyness of zone, ping, latency or packet loss. As far as I can tell it seems almost entirely random, from a client point of view.

Unless something has significantly changed with the internal network switching at the datacentre that's messing with session handover, it feels an awful lot like the servers are `bottle-necking` on some process, be it CPU, memory or I/O load.

Dogface
05-04-07, 18:54
I've been having problems aswell, I never usually do =/

Napalm82
05-04-07, 19:28
Yeah, im having them too from time to time, havent seen any "system" in them, just just randomly happen.

However i havent had a crash due to them (Yet) but i have been impatient and tried to relog, thus making the screen freeze at "requesting charecter information..."

Found out i had to wait the 30 secs for my char to despawn before i could log into him again.

- Napalm

Dezh
05-04-07, 19:51
And the answer is..... neocron!

rob444
05-04-07, 20:07
NC servers should stop seeding pr0n tbh.

kane
05-04-07, 20:55
since nc 1 the servers are really the same. Main issues now are more npcs been added to the game. So you may notice more choking during peak hours but also even once and while when less people on if there spread out a lot.

It's something that can be solved. It requires some updated hardware. Now if KK would in fact do this thats another story.

enjoy neocron!

IceStorm
05-04-07, 21:41
I guess I'll log in and run around a bit when I get home, seeing as how I'm two hops from Level3...

a4nic8er
05-04-07, 22:58
The faster your runner is moving when you begin to zone, the longer you take to come out of sync.

Braywurst
06-04-07, 01:46
Ive had a ton of long synching in general lately. Click pedestal to zone down from apartment, wait 30 seconds before actually zoning down. Select a GR after dying only to appear back at the same spot you died for 30 or so seconds suseptible to being killed again before actually Gring. Constantly stuck on requesting character data screen. Not to mention synching form zone to zone.

D31C1D3
06-04-07, 01:55
I guess I'll log in and run around a bit when I get home, seeing as how I'm two hops from Level3...

LPB mofo :mad:

Archtemplar
06-04-07, 02:23
I think the server just crashed... :o