PDA

View Full Version : Merge servers!

CritiNator
04-04-07, 08:58
I know, its not easy thing to do. Infact, it could be very impossible thing to do.. But could it be even considered? In Dev chat, they confirmed that servers can hold 1000 clients connected. So, terra has about 20-25% at peaks. That makes 200-250 players. As far as i have seen, its more than those 2 others together. I could start playing on totally new server ( fresh one ), and i know not everyone is willing to do it.. But how difficult would it be, to merge servers?

Have KK ever thought about that? Whats the idea of multiple servers, when one server can barely be called MMO?
For example, BF2 can hold 64 players on same server.. that was average for terra before free gametime.

Would it be impossible?

kane
04-04-07, 09:01
no we can't our server can't even hold 15% without having bad syncs

pottburter
04-04-07, 09:29
Oh, a server merger thread. Is it this time of the year already ? :-)

Thou i think it will never happen, it would be a good thing imho.

[F6]Knight
04-04-07, 10:23
i m just wondering what would happen to people who have 3-4 high lvl chars on each of the current servers
i only got chars on terra (and a second acc for even more chars on terra like many others ^^) but i m sure there are a few ppl out there with high lvl chars on other servers as well
and i dont think they ll ever give us more charslots. even with a servermerge

CritiNator
04-04-07, 10:35
Well, i could easily sacrifice my characters ( all of em + items ), if there would be server merge. Theres really no point playing at morning (gmt+2). Its VERY rare to see someone, who is willing to fight. More players = bigger chance to get on fight + more fun + more faction wars + opwars.. im sure KK understands this. But im pretty sure, that its not easy thing to do.. but, i would like to know, has this ever crossed KK's mind? Any thoughts about it?

SorkZmok
04-04-07, 10:41
Well, i could easily sacrifice my characters ( all of em + items ), if there would be server merge. Theres really no point playing at morning (gmt+2). Its VERY rare to see someone, who is willing to fight. More players = bigger chance to get on fight + more fun + more faction wars + opwars.. im sure KK understands this. But im pretty sure, that its not easy thing to do.. but, i would like to know, has this ever crossed KK's mind? Any thoughts about it?
Too many people that have too many characters and stuff who are simply not willing to sacrife all that.

I thought the same, i got ALL slots filled on my main account with tons of stuff but the idea of a server merge is appealing to me more and more.
If i could take 4 characters with all their stuff and after that have maybe a month with increased xp/money gain i guess i'd be fine.

Not gonna happen though. Too many of the old vets that are still around would quit i guess. Plus too many of zee germans are afraid of the international community with their OMGNOROLEPLAYONTERRA 4 account server and crap. :lol:

silent000
04-04-07, 11:36
Next it will be 'Bring back NC1'

Brammers
04-04-07, 11:52
Server merge - No thanks. I'm sure Mars, Mercury and Terra are very happy with their current players.

Although this does lead to another question - What's happening to Neptune?

IceStorm
04-04-07, 11:58
YAMST...

I guess if your goal is to "kill" NC, we should merge servers. Every time KK merges servers, the total population online goes down.

rob444
04-04-07, 12:08
If they would find a good way to merge the servers so why not?

I'm like you as well, I don't mind a complete wipe but there are a lot of people who do which causes conflicts.

zii
04-04-07, 12:13
Mars is a fantastic server. Full of life and people around in all necks of the woods. Leave Mars alone. Mercury, however...

Doc Holliday
04-04-07, 17:09

Dude. you forgot the Nerf para thread that comes after server merge and then comes the nerf monks thread. then its the bring back nc1 threads. :rolleyes: :lol:

CritiNator
04-04-07, 19:20
Im fine with 2.2. Its just the lack of population.. I log in only at late night, simply becouse there is no pvp at daytime.

RogerRamjet
04-04-07, 20:28
This thread made me die inside.

Just like the countless other threads on this topic.

nabbl
04-04-07, 20:37
i agree with the threadstarter

but servermerge only with a good working charaktertransfer!

ashley watts
04-04-07, 22:37
i agree with the threadstarter

but servermerge only with a good working charaktertransfer!

It''s only good for you as you can speak Both languages you tart, for people who are English only (like me and pretty much everyone i know) or german only will get totally pissed when theres a big bunch of Germans speaking German in the help channel vise versa for the English, Though two help channels, English and German help channels would highly be advised :p

Dogface
04-04-07, 22:43
Could you imagine the "SPEAK ENGLISH NOOB" and the "SPEAK GERMAN NOOB" arguments? :D

Vryce
04-04-07, 22:46

Dude. you forgot the Nerf para thread that comes after server merge and then comes the nerf monks thread. then its the bring back nc1 threads. :rolleyes: :lol:

Okay, I'll get this one going ........ Bring back NC1 AND nerf para !!!

Can't do the nerf monks thing tho.......see avatar. :p

silent000
04-04-07, 22:58
Okay, I'll get this one going ........ Bring back NC1 AND nerf para !!!

Can't do the nerf monks thing tho.......see avatar. :p

Dunno mate your avatar looks preety mental, i wudn't like to meet you in the dark alleys of plaza :(

Archtemplar
04-04-07, 23:24
I think a merger, if done properly, would be good. Then again, i wouldnt like to piss off the 20 or so people on the other servers :D

-FN-
04-04-07, 23:32
A merge would never happen for several relatively understandable reasons. What should've happened with 2.2 was a complete server wipe except for your gogo. Then create one clean universal server with 4 slots with all characters. Vets could then import up to 4 characters, who would also be 0/2, but would have their gogo full of whatever they left the old server with.

But as always, people care too much about stuff so it would've never happened. Heaven forbid we have a full server with people leveling, fighting, and OP warring like we used to :rolleyes:

yuuki
04-04-07, 23:35
the problem already starts with the number of slots :p

IceStorm
05-04-07, 05:29
Heaven forbid we have a full server with people leveling, fighting, and OP warring like we used to :rolleyes: We've never had a condition like that. A subset of people powerlevel to cap (yes, it's still possible, even in 2.2) within a few days of server wipe and at the end of the week we're back to status quo.

Wipes only hurt those of us who accumulate items and BPs over time.

Oh, and merges don't work.

CritiNator
05-04-07, 08:53
Why some of you compare this to "bring back NC1" things? I dont wanna bring it back. That is never going to happen. All i need now to NC, is more players. Without players, im going to change game, when there is bigger one available. Currently there is nothing that can be even compared to NC. Its simply the best and from what i have seen, theres nothing coming atleast this year ( except Conan MMO ).

LTA
05-04-07, 10:03
Could you imagine the "SPEAK ENGLISH NOOB" and the "SPEAK GERMAN NOOB" arguments? :D

Didn't that happen a-lot on Uranus anyway, i seem to remember us regularly having smacktalk arguments with ze germans lol

While i don't agree with a merger of all the servers i think they should be chopped down to a 1 slot rp style server (your char rep is everything then) and a 4 slot regular server and shouldnt differ by language just by name, support should be offered in all languages on all servers imo.

and the above, for a-lot of people neocron was really at its peak in nc1 before they altered things we used to have jam packed zones of people everywhere, pkers could pk because there was people to pk the pker. mB was full, cyc caves always had a group running em, Ops were unlocked and leveling was much easier...

ALso kk tend to do a-lot of things to drive people away, sometimes they release whats looks to be a great patch, then a week later they nerf that new feature to the point of no return and leave it and wtf didnt they email anyone about the trial? i had to spot it on xfire as i was about to check my wow hours.
I wouldnt the long synch time fixed so i can actually fight on zonelines without worrying about a fre or spawning in the middle of some next zone or something.

Doc Holliday
05-04-07, 11:30
Ops were unlocked and leveling was much easier...

2 of the best features of nc1. those changes would be nice in 2.2 to make it similar. of course thats just personal opinion and i can live without it.

unreal
05-04-07, 16:50
The only way the servers will ever be merged without people whining about all their items is if people are given the option initially to transfer their characters to a pre-determined 'destination' server and for people to want to perform that migration in the first place.

With 2.2 even I realised that an even bigger majority of my items had become more trivial, or maybe that's with just not entering 95% of my apartments often. Because of this I even emptied two of them after getting a few newbies to stand there picking everything up as I dumped everything on the floor. In 2.2 you no longer need to have the 4 or 5 slot Shelter with the absolute best stats, or the completely artifact weapons, but they are a nice thing to have of course. You can make do with just a one or two slot weapon with not particularly great stats and still get good use out of it.

You could argue that this was the case before 2.2 in some respects, but I think it's even more true now than it was then. The point is though, minus the few rares and the apartment full of tech parts, expensive stacks of weapons parts, blueprints, and the other few things, most of our items when you think about it are worth crying over even less than before. The main thing would be our current character experience, inventory and cash supply so we can quickly get playing on the destination server.

The Test Server showed that merging a lot of English, German and French players together won't just result in a flaming war with ****************** popping up as the typical insult fodder. There's already quite a lot of Germans and French on Terra as it is and thankfully you don't see that sort of thing often.

Now in the year 2007, people have hopefully realised it's quite pathetic to try and bring those past events into their insults, or even carry on speaking about it in the way they did. I'm guessing this is possibly one of the main reasons behind Reakktor not really wanting to think about merging the population together, even if it's done gradually. The other reason of course being if the servers could actually handle the merged population.

Perhaps after so many years of people coming and going, creating usernames and clans, it's about time to a fresh server should be created (or Neptune re-used?) that people have the option to eventually migrate or initially copy their characters to. Runner and clan names would be freed up, which might ease up some of the load on the server when accessing that mass of information on a regular basis, and perhaps end up making things a tiny bit more stable for us, who knows.

CritiNator
05-04-07, 18:05
Well, many runner here, is in "fear" that help is flooded with English and german speak and racism.. Maybe new channel would help, English help, German help. All the ****************** talk and such.. IF there would be only one server, that would mean that GM's would be lot more online ( Theres many of em and now they would be on same server ) and therefor they could monitor chat more often. ****************** comments are normal at Terra too, but when someone is trhowing racistic comments, GM's should notice it. (In paradice, yeah )..

Anyways.. i know this is dreaming and its mostly MY dream.. but you can always hope, right?
If there would be new server ( no matter what ruleset ((as long as its not RP only )), i would move there. Right away. Abandon everything i have on terra ( Im not filthy rich, but i have 4 chars with full items, everything i need for em).

So, new FRESH server, woulb please me too.. but it only scatters ppl more.. .. i dunno..

WE ARE DOOMED!!

-jk

Critinator

IceStorm
05-04-07, 18:20
Well, many runner here, is in "fear" that help is flooded with English and german speak and racism.. Maybe new channel would help, English help, German help. All the ****************** talk and such..What ****************** talk? I spent a month or so on Mars or Mercury (whatever the four slot German server is). Didn't see any "******************" talk. I saw one German annoyed that people were speaking english and reported him. Helpdesk said they'd take care of it.

I also don't see a reason for separate language help channels. Help is for player-to-player help. It has nothing to do with GMs. Just ignore the languages you don't speak. Works fine on Terra, and we have plenty of Germans and Frenchies.
IF there would be only one server, that would mean that GM's would be lot more online ( Theres many of em and now they would be on same server )[/quoteHuh? Maybe on Mars/Mercury, but it would have zero impact on Terra.[quote]and therefor they could monitor chat more often.Again, no impact on Terra.
****************** comments are normal at Terra too,I rarely hear ****************** comments the hours I play.
but when someone is trhowing racistic comments, GM's should notice it. (In paradice, yeah )..Don't care. It's a game. We have an ignore feature. I use it, or I turn off channels when things get stupid.
So, new FRESH server, woulb please me too.. but it only scatters ppl more.. .. i dunno.."fresh" or "wiped" servers are a falicy. The same groups of powerleveling people will once again reach MC5-hunting status inside a week and once again recover all their items, clan affiliations, and ops. If you wanted a weekly wipe, why bother playing an MMO?

CritiNator
05-04-07, 18:33
Why are you attacking me?
I mentioned in my last post, that this is just my dream.

One big server, where ALL neocron players are.
I dont care about different languages, becouse english is not my main, in case you havent noticed :) , as i said, that was what OTHERS were thinking.

IceStorm
05-04-07, 20:50
Why are you attacking me?
I mentioned in my last post, that this is just my dream.If I wanted to attack you, I'd call you a fucking idiot. That's an attack on your person. :-)

I'm "attacking" your arguments for a merged server or for a new server. I'm really just trying to point out the flaws in your argument, but if you want to take it as an attack, feel free.
One big server, where ALL neocron players are.
I dont care about different languages, becouse english is not my main,If you really didn't care about different languages, you wouldn't be asking for segregated help channels.

Why bend the game to support the retarded section of the playerbase?

CritiNator
06-04-07, 11:12
Well, many runner here, is in "fear" that help is flooded with English and german speak and racism.. Maybe new channel would help, English help, German help
Critinator

Hmph..
Notice how i typed it? Many runner here! :D
Not me, it was NOT my opinion, i was just trying to answer to others who "fear" this.

L0KI
24-04-07, 15:11
Yes, I resurrected a dead thread...
But I have just found it upon searching "merge servers".

I completely agree with the original thread starters post. Although it's a difficult task to accomplish, I dont see any negatives apart from clan/item transfers.

As for Watts' comment. Thats the most ridiculous thing I've read on these forums for a long time. The Uranus server was about 50/50 English and German, and it worked incredibly well, for a long time. I joined a German clan for a while, and had German members in my clan.

The population increase would be great for the server!

More players = more fun. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Dogface
24-04-07, 15:20
Sure the only problems are money/items/character etc transfers.

But they are MASSIVE problems.

:p

rob444
24-04-07, 15:21
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerge Now Before The World Is Coming To An End!!!!!!!!

silent000
24-04-07, 15:37
I dont rele know what my oppinion on this is :rolleyes: , I would love to see alot of players on one server but i dont want more lagg/syncs and everyone moaning about char transfers etc, i dont know :(

Selendor
24-04-07, 15:45
Looking at the current population %'s when you logon, I would say Terra is the merged server already, most people are there.

But if KK ever expect to grow the population they need to do something major about the experience of newbies and the lag / clipping / netcode which plagues the game even with such a small number of current players.

SorkZmok
24-04-07, 17:36
A server merge with an included complete item and money wipe would also help A LOT.

There's been so damn many exploits that fucked the game like broken drop rates for ceres discs and quite a few stockx exploits.

Could help to get an actual economy going. before they would do this, they'd have to fix droners and lower the rare droprate on high end mobs though. :)

slith
24-04-07, 17:55
Complete Wipe + Servermerge

I wouldn't mind. Would bring new spice into the game. But then there are those people wo have 10k+ Rareparts and think it would be worth something :rolleyes:

Brammers
24-04-07, 18:07
So here we are at another server merge thread...(Well ok an old one)

Isn't everyone forgetting one blindingly obvious fact here? There is only 1 English server....so who we merging with?

And for those who want an item wipe, would you also accept a character wipe as well?

L0KI
24-04-07, 18:18
So here we are at another server merge thread...(Well ok an old one)

Isn't everyone forgetting one blindingly obvious fact here? There is only 1 English server....so who we merging with?

The German servers. It worked with the Uranus server. Infact, I learned more German playing NC that I learned studying it! ;)

A TRULY international server would be great :)

I dont see the problem personally, but then again, I'm not racist.

And for those who want an item wipe, would you also accept a character wipe as well?

If that HAD to be the case, yes. If it's avoidable, then avoid it - purely because of how long the mobs take to kill now :D

CASH/ITEM wipe ftw. I dont mind starting again. We'd be creating a new economy, rebuilding NC.

CHA0S
24-04-07, 18:32
Just imagine the HUGE teams in the main lvling area's would be like LOL. :eek:

It would be a very interesting way to go to do a complete wipe of all chars and items to start fresh imo i wouldnt wipe chars just the skills back to basic 0/2 rank just for the fact that people would be taking names which other people might want to keep and that alone i am sure would cause problems.

Overall though if like people say the server's was to become more stable and the evil "sync" problem was to be fixed am sure a high percent of people would welcome a fresh start, who knows with a huge wipe like people are asking/saying we could call it Neocron 1 :D (maybe not)

Jason Parker
24-04-07, 18:44
besides the fact that about 50% of merc's and mars' population already is playing regular on Terra, there are a lot of players, mostly on mars, that already made pretty clear that a server merge would be a reason to quit playing, specialy when the merged server would be international, since they aren't good at the pretty english language ;).

So I think the thesis that merging the 3 servers would result in higher population is simply wrong.

Only thing to get more population is sort out the remaining bugs/problems with the balancing, better marketing and making the game easier for beginners to get into it.

Mighty Max
24-04-07, 19:01
Just imagine the HUGE teams in the main lvling area's would be like LOL. :eek:

I really really doubt it.
The small groups not needing to level anymore running through a lake of ....
Well ok, that is just the impression of why the merge is wished.

However, just take a look at this stupid argue about wipe or not to wipe of an complete fictional situation - this is way more destructive then anything that might be won by the merge.

And my very selfish reason: I really like to have the choice to chose another server when im not in the mood to meet specific persons ingame. With only one server i would only be left with the option to not log into neocron that day.

Heavyporker
24-04-07, 19:05
Oh. Server merge rant again. Wonderful. And how would one get an economy going on the new server without using what we've already discussed so many times before?

- Increasing GR costs to the point that people don't GR-hop around in a city casually, and to the point where one seriously contemplates using a vehicle for going to leveling areas, regardless of GR proximity?

- Increasing the cost of most consumables, including ammunition and medikits?

- Cranking way back on the drop-rates of high-value items so they become more expensive to get in terms of straight cash, and high-end crafted items become more appealing to the cash-rich runner? Cranking the drop-rate of high-value items way up so they become cheap as dirt?

- Ending the cash bounty paid out on killed NPCs and Mobs? Ending the cash payout of missions?

slith
24-04-07, 19:24
besides the fact that about 50% of merc's and mars' population already is playing regular on Terra, there are a lot of players, mostly on mars, that already made pretty clear that a server merge would be a reason to quit playing, specialy when the merged server would be international, since they aren't good at the pretty english language ;)[..]That reason is bullshit in it's purest form. IMO
International = Interesting.

Zheo
24-04-07, 19:56
I love pointing this out; If players wanted to they could actully just play all on one server! We could just all group together on Terra, Mercuary or Mars.

If KK gave players the oppertunity to transfer characters over, even if it was just once, it may even happen lol

slith
24-04-07, 21:14
If KK gave players the oppertunity to transfer characters over, even if it was just once, it may even happen lolThat's the reason.

ridec
24-04-07, 21:22
They should merge the servers tbh... imo the game is dead :-(..

L0KI
24-04-07, 21:25
They should merge the servers tbh... imo the game is dead :-(..

Not quite, but getting there, sadly :(

If the population on Terra gets as low as Mars/Mercury - then the game pretty much is dead. It's sick and wrong when you can find an FPS server on say, Battlefield, with more players on than on an NC server.

The loyal few remain, and the vets from the old days come back now and again (Myself included in that statement)

If character transfer was available for all to one server, I'd be willing to move and lose everything not in my inv.

ridec
24-04-07, 21:28
Well, I doubt KK ever will attract many new people - the 10-days trial is really shit, you have no ***king clue what to do, when you create a character in Neocron. I've played the game for 2-3 years now ... And I still can't find around in DoY, guess how a beginner has it then .

RogerRamjet
25-04-07, 00:06
Even though I have capped characters and MC5s and rares etc etc on every server, the idea of a complete item/character wipe and all servers merged into one interests me immensely.

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-07, 00:31
anything but a whipe =( I have only caped ONE charecter ever and I never want to go through it again! especially not with this 'leveling' that NC2.2 brought

ashley watts
25-04-07, 00:35
What ?!, The Germano's would drive me insane !,Merging servers is, and allways has been an intresting topic but even though the game is dead, should a server merge be the only thing that will keep neocron going for that little extra time ?

Dreams of a nice population :p

ResurgencE
25-04-07, 00:41
Agree with OP.

silent000
25-04-07, 00:41
What ?!, The Germano's would drive me insane !,Merging servers is, and allways has been an intresting topic but even though the game is dead, should a server merge be the only thing that will keep neocron going for that little extra time ?

Stop stealing my germano words :cool:

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-07, 00:55

i havent had any issues with the german population, stop feeling supirior to them and youll do fine :cool:

Jansku
25-04-07, 01:48
Merged would be better than empty leveling spots, empty streets, empty wasteland... you know. Sadly impossible.

Like I said before. Anything fun left is for people who like to join clans and do fancy, pre-arranged clanfights at OP's and MB zonewhoring. Started playing again about a week ago and the sad thing is, there's just not enough people playing the game. I don't mind bugs and errors. The game is just now plain boring.

Asurmen Spec Op
25-04-07, 02:58
Merged would be better than empty leveling spots, empty streets, empty wasteland... you know. Sadly impossible.

Like I said before. Anything fun left is for people who like to join clans and do fancy, pre-arranged clanfights at OP's and MB zonewhoring. Started playing again about a week ago and the sad thing is, there's just not enough people playing the game. I don't mind bugs and errors. The game is just now plain boring.

If you complain about population than isnt quiting the exact oposite of what is needed?
I mean if you hate the pops than stick through it and get others to do the same, and guess what will happen?

The pops go up!

SorkZmok
25-04-07, 08:09

The most annoying thing about the germans is that they tend to end EVERY DAMN SENTENCE with ^^
What the fuck is up with that? Seriously, watch chat on terra for a day, then chat on mars. I find that so damn annoying.
That and their "mars is uber 1 slot rp, terra sucks" bullshit when pretty much all of them got more than 1 account anyway.
And i actually am german. :lol:

I agree the server merge seems to be most peoples solution to the dieing population. Shame i can't really see any other solution. :(

silent000
25-04-07, 09:14
huhu ^^

SorkZmok
25-04-07, 09:17
huhu ^^
Haha, i knew you'd post that right when i saw this:

I took my LE out at /2 on a pistol spy and went to el faird with my clan and killed a fully capped droner ^^

Haha, you're german at heart. :lol:

DX-Defender
25-04-07, 09:47
yea no thanks.. i can barely read trade/ooc chat as it is with all the germans and frenchies on Terra..

Okran
25-04-07, 10:40
Oh look another merge server thread lol. Been discussed many times before and although I think it is a great idea the server capabilities are so restrictive, it cannot handle a load above 25% and be stable. Look what happened when 2.2 was released, there were around 25% and the synch's and problems were too common.

zii
25-04-07, 11:41
I'm happily playing on Mars because its a one slot server. Je mon fous wenn le langue das the Leute verstehen ist Allemange oder französisch o anglais. ^^

L0KI
25-04-07, 11:57
I'm happily playing on Mars because its a one slot server. Je mon fous wenn le langue das the Leute verstehen ist Allemange oder französisch o anglais. ^^

Although I only understand part of what you said....

Lol ^^

William Antrim
25-04-07, 14:50
I can understand/speak enough german/french to get by with a server merge but i dont see the need. Half at least of the german players from mars mercury ALREADY moved to Terra. The ones that didnt have a reason and fair play to them for it.

Idiosyncracies aside I've met far bigger arseholes from the english speaking community than i have in the german one. I would not be in favour of a cash/item wipe, i would close my accounts and go back to bf2/unreal if that was to happen.

I do not enjoy levelling, I do not enjoy standing around for hours waiting to buy an item and i do not enjoy farming a certain area for a certain item that drops once in a blue moon. Ive played on and off for four years and dont fancy throwing that all away just to please a small % of the community who want more people to kill.

Jason Parker
25-04-07, 15:35
That reason is bullshit in it's purest form. IMO
International = Interesting.

Well I'm just repeating the reasons that allways are told when the discussion of a merge comes up at the german section (which happens more or less regularly every 3 to 4 moths). The discussion allways ends up like 50% of posting people saying iot would stop them playing and the other half saying they don't bother since they either already play on all 3 servers or they want a merge.

To state my own opinion: I don't bother at all. Make a merged international I'll be playing. Leave it as is and I'll stay 'till the end aswell.
No matter how much pop there is, for me there's allways enough to do in NC in the few hours per week I'm able to play.

Bredahl
25-04-07, 16:03
I couldnt care less of a server merger (as long as i could keep my Terra chars and all my shit :lol: ).
If a complete item wipe was to happen i must agree with William Antrim, i would close my accounts, uninstall, and play bf2 instead :angel:

silent000
25-04-07, 16:04
I dont think i would quit if everything was wiped but thats my oppinion and about 20% of the pop see it my way and this game just dont have enuf players for the mto do any sort of wipe :(

Dogface
25-04-07, 17:40
I couldnt care less of a server merger (as long as i could keep my Terra chars and all my shit :lol: ).
If a complete item wipe was to happen i must agree with William Antrim, i would close my accounts, uninstall, and play bf2 instead :angel:

I'd quit without a doubt as it's taken me a long time to get the shit I've got (which isn't even much) and I don't want to lose the bare amounts of items I have because a few people can't find enough people to pvp with. I'm glad KK have enough sense to ignore suggestions like this.

;)

Doc Holliday
25-04-07, 21:23
agreed with the above. one wipe was hard enough from nc1 to nc2. doin it again would be horrid. no thanks. no merge. why do these threads get started up. its down the community to make it more interestin if they want to. that as much as any of the gms.

Serious_Sam
25-04-07, 21:43
If the Martians are so concerned over the population, why don't they just move over to Terra?

slith
25-04-07, 21:47
Can't be arsed to start from 'null', i think. Especially with the new PvE.

The reason I don't play on Terra atm is that I don't have enough time to lvl the Con of my Char there. PE all capped but CON at lvl 12 -> blah :(

silent000
25-04-07, 21:48
Or they just dont know how.... :angel:

RogerRamjet
26-04-07, 00:05
If the Martians are so concerned over the population, why don't they just move over to Terra?

Because we all cheat. And by that I mean have decent setups :o

SnowCrash
26-04-07, 11:52
Some time ago we have already decided against a server merge, as well as a character transfer, as the technical realisation is very complicated and could lead to many unforeseen problems. The character data is linked together at many points and a merge or transfer would mean that large parts of the character data (apartements, items, etc.) could not be transferred, which effectively would mean an item wipe.

Our position has not changed concerning this matter, for that reason a server merge or charactertransfer will not be made available.

Tickles
26-04-07, 12:30
Bring on NC3 then with a new less buggy code and the ability to have one big server :D

rob444
26-04-07, 12:48
Bring on NC3 then with a new less buggy code and the ability to have one big server :D

QFT!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

silent000
26-04-07, 12:55
Because we all cheat. And by that I mean have decent setups :o

Or shoot them more than 3 times in a row :rolleyes:

DIABLO666
26-04-07, 14:45
i mite make a char on 1 of those servers jus so i cud pwn em all =) if they rly are as bad as ppl say i cud probably kill everybody =)

slith
26-04-07, 15:05
i mite make a char on 1 of those servers jus so i cud pwn em all =) if they rly are as bad as ppl say i cud probably kill everybody =)Good luck then, I'm looking really forward to it. Maybe you are the one that actually manages to keep up with his 'advertising' and turns out to be a good fight, I hadn't had one in a long time.

We had enough people saying something like that who even failed to kill people of our more role playing dedicated clans in a fight without any support involved. You'd think that even retards respond to failure, but they just kept on shouting and swanking. I believe that's the only thing they're good at, advertising themselves.

Good Players and Bad Players exist on either server. Just because e.g. I killed a PPU on Terra I don't say you're all lowbirds. :rolleyes: Cut The Crap please.

CritiNator
26-04-07, 16:36
Some time ago we have already decided against a server merge, as well as a character transfer, as the technical realisation is very complicated and could lead to many unforeseen problems. The character data is linked together at many points and a merge or transfer would mean that large parts of the character data (apartements, items, etc.) could not be transferred, which effectively would mean an item wipe.

Our position has not changed concerning this matter, for that reason a server merge or charactertransfer will not be made available.

Well, then you have to start bringing up ideas for new players. This "no more elfs" wont bite anymore. "No more bugs" would be fantastic. But just a dream. Kthxbye

William Antrim
26-04-07, 16:38
i mite make a char on 1 of those servers jus so i cud pwn em all =) if they rly are as bad as ppl say i cud probably kill everybody =)

But theyve already owned you with spelling, as per the post below yours.

DIABLO666
26-04-07, 17:17
pff not my fault about ma spelling =( i cracked some bone off ma finger or somthing, and if you want proof that im good theres only a very small number of ppl on terra that i actually crnt kill, i even managed to kill sum berreta an hl spies the same night that i cracked ma finger =) hurt like hell tho

Dogface
26-04-07, 17:20
No matter how good you are, all your skill is made null simply because you don't leave MB zoneline.

L0KI
26-04-07, 17:47
pff not my fault about ma spelling

Well, technically it is. (I feel flames coming as a result of this comment...;))

i cracked some bone off ma finger or somthing, and if you want proof that im good theres only a very small number of ppl on terra that i actually crnt kill, i even managed to kill sum berreta an hl spies the same night that i cracked ma finger =) hurt like hell tho

Do you have the first idea how arrogantly that comes across?
Have you actually fought everyone on the server? I have never even heard of you......
What's ur char name?

In that case, there's absolutely no point in continuing this debate, whatsoever. I had no idea this decision had been made prior to me resurrecting this thread!

rob444
26-04-07, 17:50
I slammed my point finger (the one I click the mouse with) in a large metal door by the help of high windspeed. I might add that hurt like hell :/.

Serious_Sam
26-04-07, 22:28
I only have one arm-stub and my face, and i could pwn all yoooz!!!

DIABLO666
27-04-07, 11:21
hehe yea after i posted it i realised it sounded arragant =) and i dont fight rite on the zoneline i try an get ppl as far out as possible (unless im outnumbered by like 3:1 or enemy whores stairs) and im war-barney btw =) a up an coming young tank.

now all i gota do is wait for ppl to post sayin i suck/not as good as i say =) tho ill have u know iv had lots of clans who wants me to join em

spikeownzu
27-04-07, 11:39
i want a server merge too

silent000
27-04-07, 11:40
hehe yea after i posted it i realised it sounded arragant =) and i dont fight rite on the zoneline i try an get ppl as far out as possible (unless im outnumbered by like 3:1 or enemy whores stairs) and im war-barney btw =) a up an coming young tank.

now all i gota do is wait for ppl to post sayin i suck/not as good as i say =) tho ill have u know iv had lots of clans who wants me to join em

So thats who you are then ;)

[D]est
27-04-07, 13:21
they've got the merg it eventually, otherwise you will have none playing on mars and mecury one day.

spikeownzu
27-04-07, 16:21
yeah mercury and mars are teh dead

terra has won the survival race

quicker the merge, the more fun we can have for longer =>

-- dont merge when its too late

CHA0S
27-04-07, 16:49
@ Snowcrash - could we not have each server different from each other for an example the lvling xp and toon dmg output
Server A:Standard (being international)
Server B: +5%
Server C: +8% (or 10%)

Maybe all servers each having 4 toon slots

Or another idea

Server A: double xp normal dmg
Server B: normal xp normal dmg (international)
Server C: normal xp double dmg

Any thoughts to the above? be nice and be nice to hear from Snowcrash on the above thoughts :lol:

zii
27-04-07, 17:07
Why? This was the case on Neptune and few people went there. Might have been due to the lack of safe zones and safe slot.

Mars is excellent. All servers ought to be 1 char slot in my opinion. Your char actually has to be responsible for its actions and I think that this enhances and forces a form of role-play.

CHA0S
27-04-07, 17:47
not saying change the zones just dmg/xp
imo with the mobs being a little bit tougher for the youngling's (noobs) l dont see why the xp cant be gained faster

Serious_Sam
27-04-07, 17:48
You people still talking about this?