PDA

View Full Version : will Fallen Earth be the end of NC?

kane
04-04-07, 02:44
will Fallen Earth be the end of NC?

Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts.

elGringo
04-04-07, 02:53
will the originators of these kind of threads receive god's just wrath some day?

... I dont think so.

Brammers
04-04-07, 03:17
Nah, everyone has been saying for years that "Insert uber named MMORPG" will be the end of NC.

...so far everyone has been wrong, and NC is till here! :D

kane
04-04-07, 03:35
Nah, everyone has been saying for years that "Insert uber named MMORPG" will be the end of NC.

...so far everyone has been wrong, and NC is till here! :D

that ubur fps mmorpg thats exactly like neocron well many differences but many ideas the same is not out yet.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-04-07, 03:49

How many times have I heard this line

eprodigy
04-04-07, 05:24
yeah it will no more be the death of it then any other game that has seen this exact thread over the years.

anyway.. i havent heard or seen anything from FE except the crappy screenshots they have on their site. has their been anything new lately that causes this topic? looks almost as vapourware as twilight war to me...

Bredahl
04-04-07, 05:29
No other game will ever be "the end of NC", the only ones that can cause this is KK..

notar
04-04-07, 06:56
i was about to give a try to it atleast :/
It looks very nice and all those trailers are awesome.
But, its only sad cause no1 knows when it is relased ;)

jini
04-04-07, 07:01
Will, I win the lotto ever?

NS_CHROME54
04-04-07, 07:03
First it was Anarchy Online.

Then it was Planetside.

Then it was Face of Mankind.

It's never gonna happen.

Apocalypsox
04-04-07, 07:13
Hell no. There vehicle Physics suck ass. I aint goin nowhere till TW (which is probly gonna Flop, then ill be back here.)

SorkZmok
04-04-07, 07:39
They said this about so many games, it gets boring.

Yet none even lowered the NC pop for more than a week or maybe two, then everything went back to normal.

/edit
Still makes me laugh thinking about FoM how people were so damn sure it's gonna kill NC. And then? It was such a bad game, unbelievable. :lol:

kane
04-04-07, 08:11
They said this about so many games, it gets boring.

Yet none even lowered the NC pop for more than a week or maybe two, then everything went back to normal.

/edit
Still makes me laugh thinking about FoM how people were so damn sure it's gonna kill NC. And then? It was such a bad game, unbelievable. :lol:

I never even tried it looked gay

SorkZmok
04-04-07, 08:16
I never even tried it looked gay
I tried it once in early beta but there wasn't a damn thing to do.

The next time i tried it i got ganked, then ganked, then ganked, then was out of everything and there wasn't a damn thing to do.

:lol:

suler
04-04-07, 09:04
Something has to be alive to die.

I do agree there's no point saying x game will be the end of Neocron though. If one of them really did achieve the same niche gameplay Neocron has, Neocron would lose subscribers. Problem is, I don't see this happening.

IceStorm
04-04-07, 09:16

Is it a giant German tax dodge like Neocron and Uwel Boll are?

Didn't think so... :-)

LTA
04-04-07, 10:17
Something has to be alive to die.

I do agree there's no point saying x game will be the end of Neocron though. If one of them really did achieve the same niche gameplay Neocron has, Neocron would lose subscribers. Problem is, I don't see this happening.

It could be more likely that one will appear now tho especially with the Xfire coverage spurring on them dev brains.

That said i dont think any MMO kills another MMO, WoW has 8 million subscribers but its not responsible for the deaths of any mmo, most times i think the devs kill the game with insane changes.
I wont comment about this yet as i am still poddling about on a new char playing my 30 day free trying to get the hang of whats changed and try and go from a new player perspective but i remember the Hybrid nerf patch and lols causing more playbase damage than any other mmo did.

CritiNator
04-04-07, 10:37
I dont think it kills NC, but it certainly is looking promising. I really hope that FE hits retail as well Twilight wars.. That would make KK to do some real fixes. We dont need new stuff.. we need THIS current version to work as intended.

Hell-demon
04-04-07, 12:31
No.

KK will be the death of Neocron.

Get it right :rolleyes: :p

Dribble Joy
04-04-07, 12:35
NC is a niche game, unless a game comes along that fill the exact same niche, I doubt it will affect it.

Pestilence
04-04-07, 12:43
Hell no. There vehicle Physics suck ass. I aint goin nowhere till TW (which is probly gonna Flop, then ill be back here.)

Twilight War? Wahaha, have you seen the newly released screenshots? They look like Half-Life 1 :p

Twilight War is crap since the asians bought the game. No postapocalypse anymore.

But Fallen Earth looks absolutely great. There are some Vids on Youtube, amazing. I'm definitely going to play FE.

Mighty Max
04-04-07, 13:22
Twilight War? Wahaha, have you seen the newly released screenshots? They look like Half-Life 1 :p

Like gfx would be the factor for subscribing to an MMO.
If that were the case, Blizzard would be in troubles.

Or are you willing to pay a much bigger prize (good gfx engines are expensive) just because you have a top-level gfx engine in the first of 5+years life-cycle?

(What i tho miss in the new screens is that dirty athmosphere, but that is not specified by the engine, but by the design team)

Dezh
04-04-07, 13:30
No.

KK will be the death of Neocron.

Get it right :rolleyes: :p

Hahha, I laughed so much :lol:

zii
04-04-07, 15:15
I watched the Fallen Earth video: a typical day in the life of a citizen or something, out in the Arazonia Badlands. It looks very boring.

Judge
04-04-07, 16:40
Fallen Earth looks good, and whilst its in the same vague genre as Neocron they are looking to have very different playstyles and ethos behind them. FE isn't going to be as PvP orientated as Neocron is and is going to focus more on the post apocalyptic scavenger theme rather than the dystopian cyberpunk theme that Neocron focus' on.

Pestilence
04-04-07, 16:53
Like gfx would be the factor for subscribing to an MMO.
If that were the case, Blizzard would be in troubles.

Or are you willing to pay a much bigger prize (good gfx engines are expensive) just because you have a top-level gfx engine in the first of 5+years life-cycle?

(What i tho miss in the new screens is that dirty athmosphere, but that is not specified by the engine, but by the design team)

Aye, so you would buy and play a NEW Game, that looks 10 years old? :rolleyes:

A game released nowerdays should look like a game released nowerdays and not like Half-Life.

Mighty Max
04-04-07, 17:04
Aye, so you would buy and play a NEW Game, that looks 10 years old? :rolleyes:

A game released nowerdays should look like a game released nowerdays and not like Half-Life.

I AM playing a game that looks far older then 10 years, and looked allready old when it was first released, yet it is one of the best MMORPGs i've played. It's called Asherons Call.

The athmosphere and the players around you are MUCH more important then some fancy graphics. Espacially in a game with active social interactions - which an MMO allways should be - gfx are nothing. Unless you open a MMO-Pimp-Tycoon game.

R3N3GADE
04-04-07, 17:10
nope nc will always be here i hope.

those that love PvP will always come back to nc.. kk have got somethings wrong but the clan and PVP side they have pissed on any other game by a country mile.
those long termers amongst us are unique and i think we will always play nc.
were the coolest bunch of gamers there is damn it!

cronuss
04-04-07, 17:56
Different game.

Different world, different story, and most importantly IT'S NOT CYBERPUNK.

I play Neocron not just for the post-apoc, but for the scifi cyberpunk aspects.

Fallen Earth doesn't appear to have this.

So, I'll be sticking with Neocron, thank you. :)

Pestilence
04-04-07, 18:02
I AM playing a game that looks far older then 10 years, and looked allready old when it was first released, yet it is one of the best MMORPGs i've played. It's called Asherons Call.

The athmosphere and the players around you are MUCH more important then some fancy graphics. Espacially in a game with active social interactions - which an MMO allways should be - gfx are nothing. Unless you open a MMO-Pimp-Tycoon game.

You don't get it, I allready wrote it BIG! Would you buy and play a NEEEEEEWWWWW Game that looks 10 years old? 40 € and monthly fee? If you search for a Neocron successor, you expect something better I would guess. But with TW you won't get it.

Graphics is more than you can imagine, because graphics determines the atmosphere. So show me where TW does this, it looks like maybe Battlefield Desert Combat with less details. Where is this a postapy MMO? It's just a bad looking MMO, nothing more.

Mighty Max
04-04-07, 18:12
You don't get it, I allready wrote it BIG! Would you buy and play a NEEEEEEWWWWW Game that looks 10 years old?

Before arguing that way, you should check that yourself. Let me requote myself
"and looked allready old when it was first released". Which was end 2000 and still used software rendering.

And no. The gfx engine does not determinate athmosphere, but what the gfx artist do out of this. You can simply see that on the screenshot, it IS the source engine. http://www.twilightwar.com/themes/TwilightWar/images/Logo_Source.gif

I really doubt that valve would allow that sign on a non source-powered game.
On top of that, the system requirements are a good hint also.

So to sum that up: follow your own advice, read. And no, i don't write it big, extra for you.

NS_CHROME54
04-04-07, 18:15
Twilight War looks like Neocron rendered in the Source engine.

cronuss
04-04-07, 18:24
Twilight War looks like Neocron rendered in the Source engine.

I disagree.

Looks more like Farcry in an MMO setting.

Heh.

Looks boring and definitely not cyberpunk.

Apocalypsox
04-04-07, 19:21

Twilight War is crap since the asians bought the game. No postapocalypse anymore.

But Fallen Earth looks absolutely great. There are some Vids on Youtube, amazing. I'm definitely going to play FE.

You my fine sir are quite blatently an idiot. Im sorry but its true. Have you seen the fucking video of the FE Jeep!?! THe thing goes fucking 2 mph and looks so fake that its not even funny. Id rather play a game that looked like HL1 instead of one that was so un-realistic that the vehicles turned on an axis set on the center of the jeep instead of where the wheels where located.

And to yall saying that the new screenshots dont look Cyberpunk or Apoc, These are only the new areas the new team designed. Most of the world is still completed in the design by SGP, and will remain the work of SGP and maintain there post-apoc feel. Im also quite sure GC will fix there zones after the feedback.

Does this look like shit? (http://www.twilightwarhq.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=197&c=25)
How bout this? (http://www.twilightwarhq.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=207&c=25)
Or this one? (http://www.twilightwarhq.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=198&c=25)

cronuss
04-04-07, 20:51
Does this look like shit? (http://www.twilightwarhq.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=197&c=25)

Not impressed.

Dromidas
04-04-07, 21:06
Of course not.. there is only one NC, there may be imitators, but there'll never be another NC :P

Amox
04-04-07, 22:35

pls look at the date of the screens/pics

and then look at the new once from the homepage

http://www.twilightwar.com/Screenshots/800x600/complex.jpg
http://www.twilightwar.com/Screenshots/800x600/watch%20out.jpg

looks more farcry mmo but no cyberpunk

Vryce
04-04-07, 22:37
The atmosphere and the players around you are MUCH more important then some fancy graphics. Especially in a game with active social interactions - which an MMO always should be - gfx are nothing.

Of course not.. there is only one NC, there may be imitators, but there'll never be another NC :P

So true; guess that's why we're still here. :)

D31C1D3
04-04-07, 23:44
The source engine is an overrated peice of crap. But as we know, it's not the engine that makes a good game, it's the assets of the artists and finesse of the coders that make a game fun. TW looks generic as hell, I hope FE is fun but I doubt I would quit NC for it.

kane
05-04-07, 01:17
The source engine is an overrated peice of crap. But as we know, it's not the engine that makes a good game, it's the assets of the artists and finesse of the coders that make a game fun. TW looks generic as hell, I hope FE is fun but I doubt I would quit NC for it.

lol try out neocron ;)

Chuck Norris
05-04-07, 01:29
wow they all look like crap! maybe there good for 3rd world countries that cant afford decent machines..... some thing about those SS's reminded me of city of heroes for some reason *shivers* bleh. WRU neoreality engine!!!! symbiosis

Apocalypsox
05-04-07, 06:09
pls look at the date of the screens/pics
looks more farcry mmo but no cyberpunk

I know the dates. The point is that these are only 3 or so zones the new team designed that are quite shit. the rest of the entire gameworld was still rendered by the original team, which means my originally posted screenshots are valid.

For all you arguing with me about the new team basing the entire game on these 6 new screenshots of Miniscule areas in a very very large game world, READ IT. (http://www.twilightwarhq.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3101#post3101)

Hell-demon
05-04-07, 06:43
By the looks of things the player will be armed with...Japanese phrases?

Tolots
06-04-07, 04:33
The Hud look very similar to "Insert any China/Korea grinding game here exp. Silkroad". And yes a end time game with a freaking mana bar and spells was something i always wanted :rolleyes:

When this screens reflect the abilitys of the new Design Team in TW, it can only become another great sucking game like Face of Mankind. Honestly, chinese can only make one kind of mmorpg and they play all the same. When it ever come to a open beta i will test it out but my hopes died allready long time ago.

kane
06-04-07, 06:22
i wonder why all them asian games always have the same ui...

suler
06-04-07, 06:34
i wonder why all them asian games always have the same ui...

And non asian MMOs have so much variety to their UIs.

Pungent77
06-04-07, 07:57
I want to be a pirate http://www.burningsea.com/

I cant wait :lol:

kane
06-04-07, 09:12
I want to be a pirate http://www.burningsea.com/

I cant wait :lol:

that game did not look fun i can't stand that type of medevil crap..

I been playing Ryzom.

Neally
06-04-07, 12:50
I remember Alchemic Dream saying their work with Reakktor would never end up as everyone said, guess what ;D