PDA

View Full Version : stealth idea

yuuki
03-04-07, 01:39
mebbe there should be a timer that makes it impossible to use stealth for like 3 secs or so after being shot. that would pretty much eliminate the stealth whoring, while leaving the main purpose of these tools (infiltrating an enemy base/city, evading a fight(not fleeing from one you're loosing)) unharmed.

(oh and as stealth whoring was the only argument to reduce the time on jones stealth you could put it back to 10 secs while you're at it :p (with a pretty please and a cherry topping :D ))

Braywurst
03-04-07, 01:48
I thought the main purpose of the stealth was to get away if you're losing :angel:

Terror_Nonne
03-04-07, 02:01
bad idea :D

unreal
03-04-07, 02:08
Stealth is fine as it is and serves its purpose. Stealth is also the only feature that allows you to PvP solo in Neocron, which is a great thing. It stops the PPU buttplugging being a requirement of any PvP that isn't the zone-whoring kind. It's also a more crucial aspect of Spies imparticular with 2.2.

Bredahl
03-04-07, 03:10
Stealth is fine as it is and serves its purpose. Stealth is also the only feature that allows you to PvP solo in Neocron, which is a great thing. It stops the PPU buttplugging being a requirement of any PvP that isn't the zone-whoring kind. It's also a more crucial aspect of Spies imparticular with 2.2.

Yea im with unreal here..

Well and i wouldnt mind the PE stealth got a second or two longer.. as it is right now, its pretty much usesless :(

Seraphin[69]
03-04-07, 07:44
Basically PE doesn't really need a stealth... they are already dangerous as they are when YOU cannot stealth.

Nothing is more painfull than someone that keep coming back @you, loosing your health a bit more each time while YOU cannot retreat to heal the wounds

awkward silence
03-04-07, 11:33
']Basically PE doesn't really need a stealth... they are already dangerous as they are when YOU cannot stealth.

Nothing is more painfull than someone that keep coming back @you, loosing your health a bit more each time while YOU cannot retreat to heal the wounds

Dude...

A spy gets more A LOT more damage than a PE. I spy gets as good resists as a PE (nanites). I spy gets almost as good a heal as a PE (as do tanks). And... SPIES HAVE THE OBLITERATOR! Thats a good 2 min godmode.

A PE is the second most fucked class in 2.2. The only thing they own is lone APUs.

Stop repeating the shit you've obviously felt since nc1 when stealth was actually whoring.

unreal
03-04-07, 11:42
I disagree with you there Seraphin. Again, as with the Spy, it's the only way a PE can play solo against multiple characters, but because of the slightly higher resists, and of course the intended class design (all-rounder), it's logical that PE's should get access to a minimal version of the stealth tool, which they have. It's quite boring when people say "omg PE's don't need stealth". Have you actually tried playing a PE character since Neocron 2 or especially now in 2.2, without constant PPU buttpluggage? Also, PE's only have Stealth I, it's not difficult to track and follow people who use stealth with such a small duration.

Stealth isn't just an easy escape tool in most cases if you have common sense. You know the sector layouts, you know the typical hidey holes people use. If a Spy stealths it's likely they'll be on low health, and now in 2.2, you'll see nanite effects above all else, so it's even easier to follow them and finish them off. Stealth is the option for not having a PPU buttplugg humping your leg whenever you're online, and you need to remember that not everyone has the ability to have that, or merely that they don't want it.

Dribble Joy
03-04-07, 12:03
I see stealth as an espionage/spying tool, not a means to disengage from the centre of a fight you might be loosing. It's too much of an escape tool or to put it bluntly an LE switch. If you find yourself in a fight you can't win you should suffer the consequences.

Two solutions that would fix it in my eyes:

Add a timer between activation and the stealth effect taking place, items unusable as normal during this period to stop people hitting it and then carrying on fighting.

Keep it as it is now, but keep the player targetable while in stealth.

Toxen
03-04-07, 12:28
Dude...

A spy gets more A LOT more damage than a PE. I spy gets as good resists as a PE (nanites). I spy gets almost as good a heal as a PE (as do tanks). And... SPIES HAVE THE OBLITERATOR! Thats a good 2 min godmode.

A PE is the second most fucked class in 2.2. The only thing they own is lone APUs.

Stop repeating the shit you've obviously felt since nc1 when stealth was actually whoring.

2MINUTES ROFL
All stealth tools got halved times in 2.2

Toxen
03-04-07, 12:31
I see stealth as an espionage/spying tool, not a means to disengage from the centre of a fight you might be loosing. It's too much of an escape tool or to put it bluntly an LE switch. If you find yourself in a fight you can't win you should suffer the consequences.

Two solutions that would fix it in my eyes:

Add a timer between activation and the stealth effect taking place, items unusable as normal during this period to stop people hitting it and then carrying on fighting.

Keep it as it is now, but keep the player targetable while in stealth.

LE switch DJ I respect you but your completely wrong... with a little bit of intelligence you can follow a stealther heck you can even damage them in stealth.

Targetable in stealth..... only if you remove the blue fuzz effect and that mobs can't target you.

unreal
03-04-07, 12:43
I see stealth as an espionage/spying tool, not a means to disengage from the centre of a fight you might be loosing. It's too much of an escape tool or to put it bluntly an LE switch. If you find yourself in a fight you can't win you should suffer the consequences.Sorry to say it, but that's easily said and done when you don't often venture outside Neofrag for your PvP. :rolleyes: I see things differently. To me, Stealth isn't just there to Spy on people. It's the solo PvPers solution to PPU buttpluggage and being outnumbered. People often use it to escape death even in 1vs1 situations, yes, but as mentioned, it's not hard to track them down. It's also nicer to have people there ALIVE, rather than instantly dead from the 3vs1 ganking that was just served upon them.

You need to remember that fighting outside Neofrag isn't typically 1vs1. Your enemy will often have a PPU and another damage dealer with him, and that's usually for starters.

Keep it as it is now, but keep the player targetable while in stealth.This results in Stealth being utterly useless to anyone who notices a stealther. Perhaps you should buy an AoE weapon that deals damage instead?

Dribble Joy
03-04-07, 12:48
I've had plenty of experience of fights where I was winning but my opponent decided he had had enough and stealthed out because he didn't have the balls to see it through to the end. Or where they ambuhed a team I was with, dropped one of us (was at the time when the RoG was silly) and popped out again, with us unable to take any action at all against them. As for AoE, the mini launcher is hardly an uber weapon and it still leaves riflers and melee users without a means to tackle them.

[F6]Knight
03-04-07, 13:18
2MINUTES ROFL
All stealth tools got halved times in 2.2

to my experience stealth tools are still the same as they always were
stealth 1: 10 sec
stealth 2: 20 sec
stealth 3: 30 sec
obli: 1 min

i ll time it next time i use my obli on my droner and i ll also check the other tools

Toxen
03-04-07, 13:26
Knight']to my experience stealth tools are still the same as they always were
stealth 1: 10 sec
stealth 2: 20 sec
stealth 3: 30 sec
obli: 1 min

i ll time it next time i use my obli on my droner and i ll also check the other tools

obli was 120
stealth 3 60

etc..

yuuki
03-04-07, 13:29
nah
obli was 90
stealth 3 30
stealth 2 20
stealth 1 10

about that stealthwhoring, erm i don't see the point why spies should need it especially in 2.2. they got the second highest solo resists and can deal alot of damage (only outperformed by a hc tank or an apu) at a pretty high (the highest) distance.

Lifewaster
03-04-07, 13:43
Aye , stealth is gonna have to be re-adjusted in light of the 2.2 balancing.

In the old days when an APU would drop a spy in 2 seconds, perhaps it was justified...but now a spy will generally beat an apu in a 1v1 without even needing to stealth.....(while the fact he has stealth simply means he cannot lose even if he has terrible aim, he can simply stealth and re-try.)

The "solo PvPer answer to ppu" is a nice arguement, but where does it leave the solo tank and apu? lets face it if either of these classes encounter a stealther they are going to lose. APU will lose immediately, and Tank will lose after one stealth round......so how is this fair?

And lets remember, the PPU no longer gives these ppl godmode anyway, a SH will drop someone in 2-3 shots , while having a PPU with them simply means they drop in 4 shots.....

The main change of 2.2 was making non-stealthers+PPUs no longer invulnerable...so while stealth was a means to fight against this this in old days....its hardly justified as much now.

SorkZmok
03-04-07, 13:43
Firing a gun (or anything offensive) will trigger a timer of 10 seconds where you can not restealth.
Once that time has passed, stealth will work again.

So stealth could still be used to ambush people, sneak around or spy on others but you can not run from combat anymore.

This would turn the stealth tool exactly into the device it should be. The timer is debatable but overall this sounds like the perfect fix to me.