PDA

View Full Version : Tech issue: Client freezes at epilepsy warning screen

Sanctity
02-04-07, 16:19
Hi there!

Yep I'm a potential returner, but beofre that, I'd like to try the game. Good thing there's a trial! Okay, only issue is that the client won't complete launch.

When the epilepsy warning screen with the monk comes up, the client just stops there and does nothing else. Windows task manager says the client is "not responding". Now I know the first time the game launches it is supposed to take a bit longer, but this takes the cake. No improvement after one hour.

If this is a known issue and if there's a workaround, please let me know!

Here are my system specs:

intel core 2 duo 6300/2gb ram/radeon 9800 pro/win xp pro sp2

I just updated ati's new drivers and still no improvement. Thanks for your time!

SnowCrash
02-04-07, 16:21
Please check your firewall and virus scanning software to make sure that they are not blocking Neocron. Otherwise you can try to load the client in Windowmode and try it that way. (Select Windowmode in the options of the Neocron Launcher)

Sanctity
02-04-07, 16:36
Sorry I forgot to mention that. All antivirus software/firewall are down. WindowMode didn't fix it either :/ It freezes pretty much the same way it does in full screen mode.

extant
02-04-07, 16:41
Check whats running in your background. I had the same problem on my laptop til I end tasked a bunch of running programs and now it works like a champ.

Sanctity
02-04-07, 22:16
Thanks, I cleared a few random things and it fixed it.

Some ghost spyware process maybe.

[F6]Knight
03-04-07, 12:08
i had the same problem on on sunday
NC was working fine for a week and then suddenly sunday morning it kept freezing on epilepsy warning
i did spyware scans with spybot and adaware, did a virus scan, neocron file check and rebooted several times
nothing fixed it
i had to reinstall neocron to fix it

Mr Kot
03-04-07, 16:15
MSN messenger sometimes freezes my NC client. It usually happens when i've been disconnected a lot and MSN freezes. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to shut down messenger then NC just unfreezes.

Then again, even if you don't know what's freezing it.. reboot is your friend ;)

Lachlan
04-04-07, 06:25
Shutdown *everything* and try to get in. If it works, start firing up programs you normally run until you find the culprit. For me, the problem was Google Desktop.

If you're running Windows Media Center Edition and you've been watching TV, logout and log back in before running the Neocron client. For some reason, it doesn't completely release something and it hangs Neocron.

*edit: if I remember correctly, checking the Neocron boot logs shows a failure for DirectX to completely initialize and that's why it's hanging.

Bushwhacker
05-04-07, 01:26
Hey, i just signed up for Neocron 2.2 and i've got the client and whatnot... but I have the exact same problem.

The client just stops responding at the epilepsy screen!

I tried reinstalling and my computer is pretty top-notch so I dunno what to do... any recommendations?

Rachius
05-04-07, 20:16
How ironic that it has a seizure at the Epilepsy warning screen...