PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons (Evo 2.3?)

Napalm82
02-04-07, 14:24
This is a thing that has always nagged me, why are there only dungeons for the high level players?

I suggest making more dungeons or changing some of the current leveling places to a "Dungeon" type place with some mid-level drop only item from the last Mob (Like the STORM Laser, Energy Soulblade etc. etc) but lower.

Example 1:
The sewer with the bum at it in Pepper Park-1 has an awesome end-room with a spider higher than the other mobs in the sewer, why not change the mobs that spawn in that sewer into spiders only (Of rank 20/20 to 30/30) and have the last Spider "Boss" be 50/50 and drop a good TL 30-35 item which is drop only?

Something lower level players can use for a while which is just a "little" better than other items at that TL.

Example 2:
Anyone ever been to the end of the Aggie Cellars in Plaza-2? theres a big sewage drain in the very last room (like the entrence to main sewer in Pepper Park-1) what if that lead to a say 60/60 "Boss" type mob who dropped another "Drop-only" item?

I just thought it would be fun if you actually hunted for something, and not just did pointless leveling at the lower levels.

- Napalm

[F6]Knight
02-04-07, 15:17
i totaly support this idea
this game could use more lower level dungeons (as well as even more new higher lvl ones ^^)

Napalm82
02-04-07, 15:36
Yeah, it wouldnt even take any level design, just need to change what mobs spawn where, make a Boss type mob at the end (Probably already a used mob model with a different rank and a special name) and a new weapon (With an existing model, new name and different stats)

I have never said im a coder or game developer, but i cant see theese things hard to implement, nor would they be imbalanced (The Drop-only items) since they cannot be used in PvP (I mean, who PvPs with a TL 30 weapon?)

- Napalm

xyl_az
02-04-07, 16:04
cool idea, really cool

IceStorm
02-04-07, 16:11
It would be nice if, say, Mainsewer, had a point. :-)

Judge
02-04-07, 16:15
I agree, especially if KK are planning on keeping the harsh-as-fuck mobs.

It would be nice if, say, Mainsewer, had a point. :-)

Gods yes. That place is freaking awesome, just such a shame that its pointless.

Dribble Joy
02-04-07, 17:30
I've allways argued for low and mid level caves/dungeons, as well as low and mid level quests. Would be great to get some nice low and mid level cave/quest items for people to work for while they level.

For example, why not set out the aggie rooms like a cave? with a lvl 35 aggie colonel at the end which might drop a gat pistol or something. A wolf cave near the exit to NC with lvl 30 wolves in it and a lvl 50 at the end. Similarly a low level worm tunnel outside DoY.

Napalm82
02-04-07, 17:33
Even if i didnt need it some of the most fun I've had was taking a Team into Gaya Mines to find a STORM Laser, just the whole digging yourself deeper into the cave to get something you cant get anywhere else is rather fun.

- Napalm

Lifewaster
02-04-07, 17:34
TL 35 jones-type items could be sweet rewards for lvling players also.

-=z=-
02-04-07, 17:53
Having low and mid level dungeons would be sweet.

One additional idea, I'd like to see missions for those dungeons. Kill the end-boss type of missions or something more creative.

Running aggie missions is getting really old and having longer missions to do would be awesome.

Nullvoid
02-04-07, 18:27
Just another thumbs up for this idea. Special dungeon areas shouldn't have to be high level only!

why not set out the aggie rooms like a cave? with a lvl 35 aggie colonel at the end which might drop a gat pistol or something.

When you go right the way to the back of the aggie cellars, there is a room full of piping and a big fat hatch in the middle (which doesn't operate). It would be awesome if you could go down the hatch into a new area culminating in some kind of aggie colonel as you say.

zii
02-04-07, 19:08
The dungeons in the Outzone, and in parts of the Outzone itself, used to have many nasty mobs in it perfect for mid level, such as the Launcher Cyclops.
Are these not there any more? Some more evil critters out in the Outzone would put runners back out there like there used to be. However, these ought to remain anarchy zones as there were/are, or whatever anarchy zones are called these days.

Dribble Joy
02-04-07, 19:16
Part of the problem of getting people to the OZ/IND sectors is that they can go straight from the aggies to the mutie spots by jeriko and/or the bunker. A trip to OZ is generally more hassle (the place is allways a maze) than hopping on the subway and grabbing a vehicle to B_08 or GRing to MB.
Lowering the number of 15-40 mobs there and the bunker and making some dungeons in OZ/IND would get more people going there. Going straight from the aggie dens to lvl 50s would then be less smooth. A number of quests/missions at each 'stage' (lvl 1 sewers/rooms - aggies - OZ/IND - MB - canyons) of leveling could be set up around and about them.

Napalm82
02-04-07, 19:18
They are still there Zii, however now only the back room have Launcher Cyclops (Which is kinda like a dungeon) but it still needs some sort of "Reward"

- Napalm

John Bushido
02-04-07, 20:10
i think kk should rebalance pvp in evo 2.3 :lol:

prozium
03-04-07, 01:26
Good Idea...

<3 judge :D