PDA

View Full Version : Implant damage

Dribble Joy
01-04-07, 09:31
I Haven't really made my mind up about this subject really but I just want to throw a few things up in the air.

Given that implants take damage like armour, here's a couple of suggestions:

Should implants loose condition upon dropping with death since armours don't?

Similarly, should implants loose condition when removed by the player?

Have at it.

Dezh
01-04-07, 09:36
I Haven't really made my mind up about this subject really but I just want to throw a few things up in the air.

Have at it.

IMO no, they shouldn't take dmg from removing or dropping upon death.

Edit: This should be POLL'd

Doc Holliday
01-04-07, 09:40
They should take more damage upon dropping but should not take damage whilst inside the body.

thats what i feel anyways.

suler
01-04-07, 10:01

I'm against it in general. However if they have to do it, imps shouldn't get damaged when they fall out.

I understand they want it to be another time/money sink for PVP players, the problem is PVP is expensive enough already.

Seraphin[69]
01-04-07, 10:29
KK is on the Carebears' side...

PVE only ! Why PVPing ? :-p

nellus
01-04-07, 11:05
If you remove an implant then it should not lose any condition because it has been "surgically" removed, but if it drops out at death then you have no control over the removal so it should sustain damage.

Dribble Joy
01-04-07, 11:15
Here's an idea:

When you remove an imp, it moves to the processor as normal, but the process doesn't start untill you hit start, doing so will remove the imp and it will loose condition.
Or.
You remove the imp as normal but don't hit start, if poked by someone with the right imp skill (just like installing an imp) the process will start and the imp won't loose condition.

yuuki
01-04-07, 13:45
that sounds reasonable :p

well to the implant damage, imo they should only take damage when dying. so that they still loose condition when you're rezzed, but not just break in the middle of a firefight.
because i think the main reason ppl had the same set of chips for 4 yrs is that they just didn't gr, so the chips didn't fall out and whence took 0 damage.
it's really unnecessary to make players having to replace a whole set of imps every week or so if they fight much and are the wrong classes for pve (i.e. they need to close up on a mob and receive fire)

Nullvoid
01-04-07, 14:45
Imps should take no damage while in the body. Imps should take no damage (or very minimal, say 1%) when purposefully removed from the body to make way for other imps.

That leaves ones that drop out upon death as the only occasion when they should take a meaningful amount of damage (5% condition loss seems enough).

Seraphin[69]
01-04-07, 15:37
According to my damagelog from yesterday's opwar in which I spent 30 mins fighting, I had my implants damaged 18 times.

Even my armor/weapons didn't get that much damaged !

nEo-1664
01-04-07, 16:46
']According to my damagelog from yesterday's opwar in which I spent 30 mins fighting, I had my implants damaged 18 times.

Even my armor/weapons didn't get that much damaged !

Don't forget though, that you have many more implants than armour. Bare in mind, that you have I think 13 implants, so thats only being hit 1.38 times each implant in that 30 mins....

suler
02-04-07, 07:07
Don't forget though, that you have many more implants than armour. Bare in mind, that you have I think 13 implants, so thats only being hit 1.38 times each implant in that 30 mins....

Unless the damage is locational. I don't know if it is or isn't. If it is though shoot everyone in the head if you want to charge them the most money.

Toxen
02-04-07, 10:31
Here's an idea:

When you remove an imp, it moves to the processor as normal, but the process doesn't start untill you hit start, doing so will remove the imp and it will loose condition.
Or.
You remove the imp as normal but don't hit start, if poked by someone with the right imp skill (just like installing an imp) the process will start and the imp won't loose condition.

I like the second idea' but make the imp removal by someone else damage level dependant on their poke level but put a hard cap in at 115 where no damage is taken.

As for in the body, damage to imps is still to high and Personally i think damage to imps should only be taken if a sector of the body is zero'ed (ie that section of the body is dark.) As their on the inside of the body rather than the outside like armor.

Voldemort
02-04-07, 11:10

Have at it.

They should not take damage while they are in the body... if they drop when we are fighting?!?! O_o

Okran
02-04-07, 16:58
Implant damage should be removed and put back to how it used to be. PvP is going to be a pain in the arse if you are in mid-fight and your weapon becomes un-usable...

Or worse still you die, and you wait for a PPU to ress you, however in the meantime your enemies shoot the hell out of your corpse and wreak the rest of your implants in the process - I havn't tested this, but I assume it is impossible to harm implants after death. :confused:

yuuki
02-04-07, 19:14
i like that latter part, mebbe ppl will start to actually use a gr then :p