PDA

View Full Version : change imp gloves from int to dex bonus.

[F6]Knight
31-03-07, 14:38
after checking out some stuff for my old spy i noticed something.
all the tradeskill gloves give a statbonus based on where to find the stat. so cst, res and imp gloves get int bonus. rec and rep gloves get dex bonus
while this does make sense, there is 1 major flaw with this. and thats with the imp glove. and here is why

imho spies are almost being forced to use nanite tools now since they are just so much better for personal defence than the classic psi spells we can use with our rather limited psi.
now these nanite tools require implant skill which also makes sense as explained in several other topics already.
with the gloves now having stat bonusses that means that every combat spy is running around with a rec or rep glove for the dex bonus ... but we are almost forced to spec implant skill for our nanite tools ... but if we use the implant glove to get a boost to imp skill we also get a boost to int and not dex ...
whereas constructers for example get a boost to construct and int with their glove. both are stats that have the most influence on construction

imho wouldnt it make more sense then to give a dex bonus to the implant glove?
this way spies could run around with an implant glove, need a bit less base implant skill to still reach 83 for the highest tool and get a dex bonus out of it as well. we already get the T-C penalty on the gloves.
and imho it will do wonders for the amount of implanters in the game since with a maximum of like 75 base implant, spies could do TL115 with a glove + 2 drugs

i would like to get some opinions about this

Dribble Joy
31-03-07, 17:08
Nah, would be too easy to reach higher level weapons, not that it's that hard anyway....

Jodo
31-03-07, 17:29
I don't see the point in changing the gloves for everyone just because Spy's want more DEX. Even if I agreed with the idea, I don't think it's a good enough reason to change things even more.

[F6]Knight
31-03-07, 18:00
you guys dont seem to get the actual point
its not a matter of giving spies more dex as they can get the same amount from a rec or rep glove
the point is that spies are now almost forced into speccing implant skill to use nanite tools. yet an implant glove gives an int bonus
whereas constructers for example can get contruct + int bonus from their glove which are both very good, spies gotta choose between implant skill from a glove + int which isnt that useful for a spy. or a rec/rep glove to get the dex but then they have to spec more base implant skill. and gloves already give a minor t-c penalty
seems to be that spies get the a rather bad deal out of the gloves

and if this ends up with a conclusion that combat characters shouldnt be using tradeskilling gloves then why did KK remove all the -100 penalties to all combat skills that the gloves used to have?
just by removing those massive penalties it seems that they want combatchars to use the gloves

Mighty Max
31-03-07, 18:34
its not a matter of giving spies more dex as they can get the same amount from a rec or rep glove
the point is that spies are now almost forced into speccing implant skill to use nanite tools. yet an implant glove gives an int bonus

Skills are an requirement for items/trades for a purpose.

If an easier access to these technologies (nanites) is whished, you should suggest lowering the requirements instead of "stealing" one core item from other setups, including the allready difficult to play dedicated tradeskillers.

(difficult in the way to build up and act in the role of a tradeskiller, apposed to the happy-LoMs-sunday-tradeskiller)

[F6]Knight
31-03-07, 19:12
since KK took away the massive combat penalties on tradeskill gloves it obviously means that they want combat characters to use the gloves as well. hence we r not stealing core items away from tradeskillers.

Mighty Max
31-03-07, 19:30
Knight'] hence we r not stealing core items away from tradeskillers.

How do you expect a Monk (100 INT, 35 DEX) to reach the glove (DEX 60 requirement after your change) ever again. If that is not taking away a core item from an Tradeskill class, what is?

[F6]Knight
01-04-07, 00:57
i never said the requirement should chance
but the bonus it gives should
read first, then answer

nEo-1664
01-04-07, 02:19
Knight']i never said the requirement should chance
read first, then answer

So basically, your saying that it should be DEX bonus instead of INT... but leave the INT requirement the same...

Panthoraxium
01-04-07, 02:34
You dont seem to understand a cappeds spy has 100 int, with no implants givin int (Unles your going tottaly out there for a pvp setup)

Ok, so with a Spy PA3, on you would love 1.5 int(roughly). The glove gives 2.5int roughly, and the backbone for a dex spy would take 1 int, sooo

The glove gives the 2.5 int back that you would need to use the level 100 nanites.

So any smart spy that doesnt use a TL10 heal, would like to keep it int based tyvm.

Also TL10 > Nanites.

Jodo
01-04-07, 02:43
Knight']you guys dont seem to get the actual point
whereas constructers for example can get contruct + int bonus from their glove which are both very good, spies gotta choose between implant skill from a glove + int which isnt that useful for a spy. or a rec/rep glove to get the dex but then they have to spec more base implant skill. and gloves already give a minor t-c penalty
seems to be that spies get the a rather bad deal out of the gloves

and if this ends up with a conclusion that combat characters shouldnt be using tradeskilling gloves then why did KK remove all the -100 penalties to all combat skills that the gloves used to have?
just by removing those massive penalties it seems that they want combatchars to use the gloves

This game has always had and will always have trade off's. You can't be the best at everything or even more than 2 or 3 things really. You sacrafice in other areas and skill to get something else. You're suggesting removing one of these sacrafices (having to swap gloves like the rest of us or not at all) while removing an INT bonus that is likely being used by other players. As I already said, I don't think the idea has a good enough reason to mess things around even more.

John Bushido
01-04-07, 03:29
Knight']i never said the requirement should chance
read first, then answer

why? implant is an int skill, why the hell should it gave some dex^^

[F6]Knight
01-04-07, 10:07
i give up as most ppl here obviously dont even bother to properly read my first few posts as to why i believe it needs a change and the constructer example.
so sad to see so many ppl just posting a reply without bothering to read or even understand what i m trying to say ...
i was hoping to get a proper discussion started here about what i had to say but instead i m geting a topic filled with useless replies

Ruoja
01-04-07, 10:51
There is no point(spoon).

If there is a reason why implanting glove gives int instead of dex. The reason is that its not supposed to give dex.

Eternal Pink
01-04-07, 18:21
Don't wear a imp glove - spies get 100 in INT which is plenty to spec 83 imp and then whatever you like, either that or just carry 2 gloves and and a tl 75 poke tool and switch between

Brammers
01-04-07, 20:12
It is interesting to use the IMP glove as part of a spy setup, but changing the bonus from INT to DEX? Sorry nope.

A spy has to choose whether to use a IMP glove or PSI glove, and also the IMP glove needs to be poked on. It isn't practical to swap gloves during combat anymore.

The T-C penalty is acceptable, and the INT bonus makes hardly any difference to a spy setup, except maybe allowing near capped players to use the TL100 nanite tools. Players using the REC and REP gloves are using the DEX bonus to get to the next weapon early, but they are sacrificing the IMP bonus from the IMP glove.