PDA

View Full Version : [Weapon Idea] Full-auto Shotgun

Ruoja
29-03-07, 15:57
Ok now i'm going to start with the argument that PE:s can't use many weapons in rifle category due to lowish dex. The one thing that was bugging me the most was that pistols have a massive variety of PE usable weapons compared to rifles.

So i'd like to see either a WoC item or just a normal rare in the shape of a full-auto shotgun (preferably low tech and under 105 dex).

I'm sorry i can't make a suggestion with more details, i'll leave them for others but the point above is quite valid i'd think? There are almost no rifle pe:s left.

Comments?

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 16:16
been ages since a played a PE and dont know the new requirements on most of the new rares but they did add a new low tech rare streetrifle (desperado or something if i remember correctly) and a rare gatlin rifle (libra?)
cant PE's use those weapons?

but other than that. there were never that many low tech weapons for any class
pistols only had wyatt and libby and now a nailgun and gatlin pistol
rifles had the pain easer and eventually the termi. and now that streetrifle and gatlin rifle
and so on
low tech was never heavily covered but got some loving recently (rare nailgun, gatlin pistol, gatlin rifle, gatlin cannon, grenade launcher, streetrifle, ...)

the idea sounds good but i doubt that they ll come up with a whole new weapon (like a full auto shotgun) anytime soon. we just got a load of new rares and WoC's to play around with :)

Ruoja
29-03-07, 16:19
Ah true, i forgot the desperado (which sounds extremely boring) and libra.

I'm not necessarily talking about low-tech weapons, but moreso about what a pe can use dexwise.

CMaster
29-03-07, 16:35
ALl the new rare lowtechs are actually really high dex requiremeents.
Its quite pracitcal for a PE to use a RoG or a Thunderstorm (and yes, Thunderstorm does damage these days) and certainly possible to reach a Redeemer. The only odd thing is that a lowtech rifle PE currently finds his weaponry dominated by short range guns, larlgley shotguns. Surely thats counter to the point about rifles...

RandomCustomer
29-03-07, 16:42
I just think, that the private eye class needs a reachable WOC rifle. Unless there already is one, and I am just clueless. :confused:

CMaster
29-03-07, 16:43
I just think, that the private eye class needs a reachable WOC rifle. Unless there already is one, and I am just clueless. :confused:
I've seen PEs (In camo PA, noless not even PA4) wielding the new REAPER Assault rifle.

RandomCustomer
29-03-07, 16:44
Does anyone know the req on this weapon?

Ruoja
29-03-07, 16:45
There is one, Far-6000 reaper assault rifle, but it just doesn't do the trick like all low tech burst weapons.. The thing would probably have decent damage if 2/3 of every burst wouldn't just miss even with a well closed reticle. I still end up using termi and termi only.

And 1 woc weapon for rifle pe's is not enough in my opinion, especially when its doing lower damage than pain easer (while having higher freq, which leads to missing more shots)

Nullvoid
29-03-07, 16:47
I always remember designing my first PE back on pluto to be a hightech rifle user. I scanned through the list of rifles for one at a good TL for how much dex she would have and settled on the thunderstorm as the perfect rifle for her. Imagine my dismay when I finally got one only to realise IT WAS A BLOODY FREEZER RIFLE and completely useless at the time. :mad:

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 16:57
thunderstorm does actual damage now and still has a weak stun
a friend of mine had some fun kiting a melee tank with that weapon :)

tarasm
29-03-07, 17:04
Has anyone even yet CST the Rare gatlin cannon or the desperado??

Dribble Joy
29-03-07, 18:15
Reaper is dex 102 afaik. DIS, SF, Co-Ord 3, exp reflex 2.4, PA3, redflash - 102.34 dex.

Anyway, PEs have got:
Rifles:
PE - 93
Termi - 87
RoG - 98
Ionic shotgun - 97
Reaper - 102
Redeemer - 105 (I think)

Pistols:
Wyatt - 88
Libby - 91
Pulse laser - 92