PDA

View Full Version : Remove the rare to non-rare stat gap.

awkward silence
29-03-07, 11:54
Clearly since damage never "caps" every bit of stat in every bit of weapon counts.

Rares are lower TL and additionally to that they take a heavy beating on stats (about 15 lower).

So please remove the rare to non-rare gap please! :)

SorkZmok
29-03-07, 12:44
I agree.
With the new system it's pretty stupid otherwise.

Guns that come in 120% quality already give a bonus to damage over non rares.
This combined with the crap quality of non rares pretty much renders them useless with the new open end system.

Richard Slade
30-03-07, 14:50
Yeah, because rares are so bloody hard to get..
Seriously, there's a reason for the rares in the first place,
and it's not for the swirly (Well, it's not ALL about the swirly atleast!) :angel:

SorkZmok
30-03-07, 15:48
Just because theres rares doesnt mean when it comes to pvp all non-rares should be neglected.

I'm all for more variety of setups. And that includes viable non-rares.

What about PEs that can't reach the high end guns? They should be abled to use the highest non-rare counterparts if they like that kind of weapon.

Otherwise all PEs are forced to use low end rares or epic guns. Just because the non-rares are crap. o_O

yuuki
30-03-07, 15:54
actually atm there's no viable non rare weapon (except mebbe tt epic cannon, tho i never dealed damage that even comes close to the amount ppl said they received by it, ppu receives a whopping 9 damage with a legshot).
additionaly there's close to no variety in pvp setups, especially due to the new woc weapons.

Dromidas
30-03-07, 18:34
I don't see a reason to remove the caps on em myself.. there aren't any non rare (non woc) weapons worth using highend even at 120% except ionic.. I wonder if ionic get the 7.5% rare bonus..?
if they intended non rares to be viable they wouldn't give rares a 7.5% bonus and woc 8%... non rares get no bonus.

yuuki
30-03-07, 19:51
actually they intended it but failed to achieve that goal :p
(same is true for balance)

Ruoja
31-03-07, 10:28
im 100% behind this one!

Dribble Joy
31-03-07, 17:30
Is this the cst difference or the rare dmg bonus?

For the latter, it does mean HC and melee PEs are a little stuck and those who want to use something like a tl92, blacksun or spitfire.

Dogface
31-03-07, 20:16
actually they intended it but failed to achieve that goal :p
(same is true for balance)

(Same is true for 2.2)