PDA

View Full Version : is it me or there bad sync last few days and getting worse?

kane
29-03-07, 01:23
is it me or there bad sync last few days and getting worse?

Dezh
29-03-07, 09:06
No, it's not just you, I got almost no synch at the start of 2.2 but seems to get worse every day, which is bad, mmmmmkay.

CritiNator
29-03-07, 09:09
Server seems to "freeze" for few seconds and very often too. Sometimes for 10 seconds.

awkward silence
29-03-07, 09:19
Whats your RAM?

Maybe it's your memory.... press alt-f and see if your memory of ping misbehave.

What helps is get more ram, turn the graph settings to a minimum or/and use a smaller resolution.

elGringo
29-03-07, 09:29
Whats your RAM?

Maybe it's your memory.... press alt-f and see if your memory of ping misbehave.

What helps is get more ram, turn the graph settings to a minimum or/and use a smaller resolution.

It's the server .. and, yes - it has gotten to a really annoying level the last few days.

SnowCrash
29-03-07, 09:49
Please check if you have activated the damage logs that have been implemented with Neocron Evolution 2.2. In Zones with many NPCs/Mobs or other players the log could cause some lag. Only turn the logging on if you really need it for testing issues, etc.

In the Neocron.ini in your installation folder:

- add: ENABLELOG = "TRUE" to activate this functionality when you want to tune your character.
- add: ENABLELOG = "FALSE" to deactivate this functionality when you’re satisfied.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 09:59
Please check if you have activated the damage logs that have been implemented with Neocron Evolution 2.2. In Zones with many NPCs/Mobs or other players the log could cause some lag. Only turn the logging on if you really need it for testing issues, etc.

In the Neocron.ini in your installation folder:

- add: ENABLELOG = "TRUE" to activate this functionality when you want to tune your character.
- add: ENABLELOG = "FALSE" to deactivate this functionality when you’re satisfied.

You replied to this thread yet I made one about my problem and you guys never responded to my thread.

naimex
29-03-07, 10:29
You replied to this thread yet I made one about my problem and you guys never responded to my thread.

[anti-loreal]
You are not worth it.
[/anti-loreal]

:p

Brammers
29-03-07, 10:36
Hmm, been having a ton of syncing issues for days, until yesterday. I think the reboot went a long way to fixing it.

zii
29-03-07, 10:37
Maybe it is something similar to this:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139005

Brammers
29-03-07, 11:00
Don't think so, nearly all of my clanmates have been having bad syncs for the last few days, but since the server reboot yesterday, things have improved for them yesterday.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 11:21
[anti-loreal]
You are not worth it.
[/anti-loreal]

:p

That is not a very nice thing to say I am trying to get an admins attention and want to know why they would answer some one else but not even talk to me.

naimex
29-03-07, 11:27
That is not a very nice thing to say I am trying to get an admins attention and want to know why they would answer some one else but not even talk to me.

You shouldn't think of it that much, sometimes they just don't notice that one thread among the others, or might not have an answer at that given time, possibly due to stress or being busy with something else at the time, and then they forget about it, until they notice a thread, most likely made by someone else, but it might be the exact same thing, and then if they aren't so stressed, or have found an answer in between, then they will reply to that thread.

And if they have replied to one thread, there wouldn't really be a need to reply to every other thread about the subject there is.

Which is probably what happened in this scenario.

So, relax, it's nothing personal that they didn't reply to you, it was just bad luck that they didn't see your thread, or saw it when they did and wasn't "ready"/"prepared" for it.

And Snowcrash is a very busy person, lots of bunny-eating carrots to kill each day ;)

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 11:29
You shouldn't think of it that much, sometimes they just don't notice that one thread among the others, or might not have an answer at that given time, possibly due to stress or being busy with something else at the time, and then they forget about it, until they notice a thread, most likely made by someone else, but it might be the exact same thing, and then if they aren't so stressed, or have found an answer in between, then they will reply to that thread.

And if they have replied to one thread, there wouldn't really be a need to reply to every other thread about the subject there is.

Which is probably what happened in this scenario.

So, relax, it's nothing personal that they didn't reply to you, it was just bad luck that they didn't see your thread, or saw it when they did and wasn't "ready"/"prepared" for it.

Actually I checked i did not see any answer to my question.

Dezh
29-03-07, 11:31
I do not mean lag, the server seems fine to me otherwise, just the zoning seems to be problem, atleast for me.
Half of the time I'm zoning I get black synch, when I press esc after waiting a while, I get to the login screen, as we all know, but then I click resume, normally I have to wait 30s at at Requesting character info, this isn't too bad wait tbh.
BUT, every second time I get into the game, and else I get the blacksynch, again, after this, I come back to loginscreen, again. I once again click resume, I'm stuck once again 30seconds at Requesting character info, after this, I'm stuck at updating game data, having to alt+f4 from neocron and start the synching again :eek:

naimex
29-03-07, 11:34
Actually I checked i did not see any answer to my question.

You didn't see an answer to your question in your own thread, or in this thread?

if you did not see an answer to your question in this thread, then it wasnt the same question, and then maybe they dont have an answer to your question yet.

if you didn't see an answer to your question in your thread, and the question is the same as the one in this thread, then the reason is that they really shouldn't have to spend their time writing the same answer in x -> infinite different threads.

I do not mean lag, the server seems fine to me otherwise, just the zoning seems to be problem, atleast for me.
Half of the time I'm zoning I get black synch, when I press esc after waiting a while, I get to the login screen, as we all know, but then I click resume, normally I have to wait 30s at at Requesting character info, this isn't too bad wait tbh.
BUT, every second time I get into the game, and else I get the blacksynch, again, after this, I come back to loginscreen, again. I once again click resume, I'm stuck once again 30seconds at Requesting character info, after this, I'm stuck at updating game data, having to alt+f4 from neocron and start the synching again :eek:

That was what he was talking about too, atleast as I read it.

When you synch, you enter a new zone, where it might have to take into account a huge number ofm onsters or damage dealers, and then the huge load compared to the previous load, might make it stall which could mean permasynch.

So from a point of view like that, then it coulds till be the damagelogs that causes it.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 11:45
You didn't see an answer to your question in your own thread, or in this thread?

if you did not see an answer to your question in this thread, then it wasnt the same question, and then maybe they dont have an answer to your question yet.

if you didn't see an answer to your question in your thread, and the question is the same as the one in this thread, then the reason is that they really shouldn't have to spend their time writing the same answer in x -> infinite different threads.

That was what he was talking about too, atleast as I read it.

When you synch, you enter a new zone, where it might have to take into account a huge number ofm onsters or damage dealers, and then the huge load compared to the previous load, might make it stall which could mean permasynch.

So from a point of view like that, then it coulds till be the damagelogs that causes it.

Actually I searched all teh threds and forums and found not one answer to my question. My problem is they did the LE switching while my gaming PC was beyond repair and I needed a new one. I had another PC they never announced by email they were doing this IMP swap. Especially considering I contacted tech support when my gaming Pc died asking them to put a hold on my account until I get a new gaming rig or am able to fix what is wrong with it. Turns out i could not fix it and neither could a Pc store so I needed a new one. You should simply by email be able to make the request to do that imp swap the way they did it is unfair to paying customers.

Panthoraxium
29-03-07, 11:55
Yes, i have noticed this also, i seem to be receiving alot of lag.

Yes, dmg logs are of. Yes my PC could always handle the dmg logs on the test server anyways!

netster
29-03-07, 12:10
my ping is good, but syncing everytime is a pain for me. sometimes is normal like in nc2.1, than its zoning with blacksync for 2-10 seconds or just sync for 2-10 secs .... which is a PAIN ON FUCKING OPWARS.

and no, disable logging didnt helped any small bit to reduce my zoning. and no, i dont want to reinstall my nc (got the problem on all my pcs), and no its just since 2.2 patched on ffs.

solling
29-03-07, 12:20
this is the bug im getting quite often actually and REALLY needs to be fixed

:the requesting char info screen stuck when u relog or log another char.

:the gring out when u r dead and waking up with SI at the SAME SPOT getting ganked a 2nd time by whomever killed u before and more imps falling out.

:the u try to gr out but u cannot in stead u just have to wait 2 minutes before u actually get gred out.
:the, u cast a heal but it wont register and u cannot cast one for another minute or so

R3N3GADE
29-03-07, 13:04
been having bad lag and bad syncs and its got worse since patch 161.

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 14:37
the past 2 days i have a lot of problems with zoning into/out of appartments
sometimes takes up to 20-30 seconds after i press 'ground level' or enter the password before it even starts loading. then it syncs for up to half a minute easily

jini
29-03-07, 16:28
Me too, I m getting awful lag, "use" key not functioning and other bugs, gun that doesn't fire after rezzes, psi that dont work again after rezz, and relog doesnt help either

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 16:31
also had it a few times yesterday evening that my rightclick stopped working ingame (yet another bug thats been in the game since beta ...) but not sure if this one is lag related or not
only option seems to be relogging

NicoTron77
29-03-07, 18:11

I got the same phenomenon since yesterday. Thats really strange, since others have reported in this thread that the synch's gotten better now...

Before yesterday, it was the normal nc thing. A synch and fatal every now and then.

But in yesterday's gaming session, after dl'ing the patch:
1.) Synch to someone else's appa
2.) Black Synch
3.) Synch into another char
4.) Synch crash

I haven't had things like the synch to someone's appa or into another char for quite a while...

Well, I guess computers are like women. We will never fully understand them :lol: