PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start for returning customers!

spikeownzu
28-03-07, 12:38
i'm expecting a GM to reply to this

i'm a little frustrated because some of my friends have returned yesterday and the day before, and the IMP swapping has just been stopped

do you really expect that everybody would come back after just 2 weeks?

i still have clan members returning, and now they are stuck with mc5 MC implants??? it would be alrite if MC and HC tank's were balanced, but their not, MC tanks suck compared to HC in OP fights. (please dont post saying they dont, ION cannon is the bomb.)

not a good start, are my friends really going to play past the free period in these situations?? probaly not.

A simple and very sensible fix to this, - KEEP THE IMPLANT SWAPPING UNTIL END OF FREE PERIOD.

would like a GM reply, to tell me if they will keep imp swapping until end of free period, and if not, then why ?? Thanks 8|

nabbl
28-03-07, 12:41
there are enough balistics, support cores and so on ingame. so just trade one.

unreal
28-03-07, 12:58
Good luck with trading mc5 implants, but the others are easy to get hold of. My attempts at trading for an mc5 implant have failed so far because the people who have them are the ones that have spares, which means they've already got everything they need and therefore can't be bothered or don't need to trade them in the first place. :rolleyes:

Jodo
28-03-07, 13:07
Good luck with trading mc5 implants, but the others are easy to get hold of. My attempts at trading for an mc5 implant have failed so far because the people who have them are the ones that have spares, which means they've already got everything they need and therefore can't be bothered or don't need to trade them in the first place. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I doubt anyone will want to give away their more rare CPU for a less coveted one. At least not without asking for a chunk of cash to go with it.
I do think that the swap should continue until the free period is over with announcements on the launcher of when and where.

spikeownzu
28-03-07, 13:11

what the are you talkin about?

I'm asking the staff here to continue SWAPPING IMPLANTS like they have for the past 2 weeks, because returning players have not all returned yet and are being dumped with mc5 chip's that they can't fucking use or don't need.

this is't even for me, its on behalf of some friends who returned to game recently

spikeownzu
28-03-07, 13:12
Yeah, I doubt anyone will want to give away their more rare CPU for a less coveted one. At least not without asking for a chunk of cash to go with it.

wtf again? i think you guys got wrong idea on what im actually talkin about, hopefully my last post corrected it

SnowCrash
28-03-07, 13:20
what the are you talkin about?

I'm asking the staff here to continue SWAPPING IMPLANTS like they have for the past 2 weeks, because returning players have not all returned yet and are being dumped with mc5 chip's that they can't fucking use or don't need.

this is't even for me, its on behalf of some friends who returned to game recently

The swapping service has been discontinued as there are enough rare parts ingame by now. This service was to support players in the early stages of the release to allow them to start farming the necessary parts on their own.

Jodo
28-03-07, 13:24
wtf again? i think you guys got wrong idea on what im actually talkin about, hopefully my last post corrected it

We were referring to the alterative to swapping with GM's as post by nabbl. Hope that clears up whatever confusion you seem to have. ;)

spikeownzu
28-03-07, 13:41
The swapping service has been discontinued as there are enough rare parts ingame by now. This service was to support players in the early stages of the release to allow them to start farming the necessary parts on their own.

well thats great, the service to support players in early stages

what about the guys who returned yesterday and are in their "early stages" right now ?

don't you think its unfair on the "returning customers" who are left with MC5's useless to them, that might of taken them weeks to farm in NC1/NC2 ?

some of my friends who returned not played this game since the first release of WoW retail... a long time... and back then you had to fight people constantly to stay at mc5, and try collect parts at same time too.....

don't you think it would be HELPING you, by HELPING them, because then they would be more likely to stay after the free trial?

SnowCrash
28-03-07, 14:06
A continuation of this service would also lead to an unfair situation for those players who are now farming these parts to offer them to other players. You could also ask other players to trade your chips or simply buy them from a player trader.

SorkZmok
28-03-07, 14:40
I'm fucked aswell, i haven't really had the time to get my rifle sa changed for a pistol one.

So now KK expect me to either farm that place (what i hate hence i only got that one SA that is now useless for me) or buy it from other people for insane prices (where i have no money).

I'm less and less tempted to actually come back to NC. :(

Whoever came up with the idea of changing those chips into 2 kinds was a complete idiot. Same with the implants that you could just build from blueprints and that are now back to the rare pool.

Too many changes where not one person thought about the consequences AT ALL. :mad:

/edit

A continuation of this service would also lead to an unfair situation for those players who are now farming these parts to offer them to other players. You could also ask other players to trade your chips or simply buy them from a player trader.
Yeah, right. Prices for those are gonna be insane at least for the next weeks. Where am i gonna get the money for that now that you broke pve?
Not to mention half my characters are missing implants they need to even hold their guns. o_O

I'm always broke, i hate leveling and even more do i hate farming. Otherwise i'd be playing wow. For me, this whole thing is a kick in the teeth.

zii
28-03-07, 16:15
Hmm. I missed out on the mc5 swapping on Terra. I was too busy on Mars.

Then again, I decided not to touch my chars on Terra until I knew what was going to happen after 2.2 patches, so I could end up with something I didn't want.

I have two SAs, that I doubt that I need anymore, although I have no idea what these do anymore. Ihad better log onto Terra and find out ;)

jini
28-03-07, 16:55
I'm fucked aswell, i haven't really had the time to get my rifle sa changed for a pistol one.

So now KK expect me to either farm that place (what i hate hence i only got that one SA that is now useless for me) or buy it from other people for insane prices (where i have no money).

I'm less and less tempted to actually come back to NC. :(

Whoever came up with the idea of changing those chips into 2 kinds was a complete idiot. Same with the implants that you could just build from blueprints and that are now back to the rare pool.

Actually, there is a genuine need for that now, as there are setups where you need to have both mc5 chips in head for Dex.
Ok, Snowcrash is right about the discontinuation of this service, but so is sorkzmok and spike. Snowcrash, you can for one time only, provided they are really returning for their first time ingame to help them swapping their chips say, by support tickets. It's not that big of a deal...

kane
28-03-07, 17:08
yeah this sucks I got like 4 SFC all rifle...

Tikuto
28-03-07, 18:33
This implant swapping is clearly flawed, not systematicly changing upon request. Pfft. :(

nobby
28-03-07, 18:55

Very UNFAIR

You could atLEAST have the decency to wait until the end of the "Free" period !

Vid Gamer
28-03-07, 19:01
honetly, were any changes in implants needed? :D

But I do think the swapping should have been continued until free trial. Having a useless MC5 would really suck.. then again I guess a trade off could work but honeslty who would want to trade a Herc MC for a Ballistic HC considering melee is 10x worse than hC, atm. :confused:

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 07:22
My PC died while this update was taking place and I missed the swap. This is very unfair and they should give me and others more a chance then they did. Or here is an idea how about swapping the imps automatically. I have the old imp from before the change that took me a while to get I should not ahve to work to get the new ones.

jini
29-03-07, 08:21
Very UNFAIR

You could atLEAST have the decency to wait until the end of the "Free" period !
Personally, I vote for one week continuation of this service again

SorkZmok
29-03-07, 08:21
I know that there aren't too many GMs around but still it should be possible to continue the service via help requests or something.

Maybe you could limit it to 1 chip per account from now on so people couldnt really abuse it.
Though with all the recent fuck ups who gives a shit. :lol:

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 08:23
I know that there aren't too many GMs around but still it should be possible to continue the service via help requests or something.

Maybe you could limit it to 1 chip per account from now on so people couldnt really abuse it.
Though with all the recent fuck ups who gives a shit. :lol:

I agree this is very unfair and I am thinking of leaving unless the Gm's make this up to me.

Apocalypsox
29-03-07, 08:25
So much fuss over chips that i have never once owned in my 5 years of active playing.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 08:28
So much fuss over chips that i have never once owned in my 5 years of active playing.

They imps they nerfed I relied on to use my hover tech I am a PE and need imps to get my strength up high enough do to the low strength level cap. I do not have a good weapon so without my hover tech the game sucks for me. They screwed around with my imps and now I cannot get up the the required strength I need do to this. So this change really screwed me over.

Apocalypsox
29-03-07, 08:30
they basically fucked all str PEs. Go pop some loms.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 08:31
they basically fucked all str PEs. Go pop some loms.

what good is that going to do that is not going to help me at all.

Apocalypsox
29-03-07, 08:38
It will make the game playable, because im 98% sure they arent going to re-initiate the imp swapping because your computer died.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 08:45
It will make the game playable, because im 98% sure they arent going to re-initiate the imp swapping because your computer died.

Still what t is with them having such a small window of oporitunity? Also a GM could in game give me to option to swap my imps.

bladerunnerx
29-03-07, 08:52
Where are the Gm's I opened a pettion in game and no GM will answer me.

solling
29-03-07, 12:24
this is NOT fair for the people whos just returning, u should def. do it til the end of the free time if i came back now and could not get my imps exhanged i would not continue to play. Just make gms whos on bugtrackeringame duty able to do it, OR have odin do that one day a week or so

SnowCrash
29-03-07, 12:26
The answer has been given several times now and the decision is final. Again, there are enough rare parts ingame by now and even the prices for those MC5 chips have dropped noticable.

-closed-