PDA

View Full Version : Very frustrated. Do they not want new customers?

cronuss
28-03-07, 06:47
Greetings,

I am extremely annoyed and most likely a lost customer.

I have spent hours tonight attempting to give this game a fair try.

I've been craving a good cyberpunk style MMO lately, so I figured I would give Neocron 2 a try.

I downloaded the huge installer, installed it and tried over and over to create an account.

I tried your ridiculously offered approaches to activating a FREE TRIAL account.

I learn I *must* enter a payment option first. For a free trial. Fine, I will do so.

I try PayPal... error. The same error reported on your newcomer forums with no solution in sight. Just a button that says, "retry."

I try click2pay. They say my IP address is outside the USA and thus they won't help me. Funny, how I am actually within the USA, though.

So I try paybycash.

At last, my account is created, so says the email I got.

I attempt to log in... now at 12:30am on a work night after hours of frustration.

I enter the main menu, put in my name and password... error. Account disabled. Why? No PAYMENT received.

Wonderful.

Exactly what payment was I supposed to be sending? Should I send your company an empty envelope in order to begin my FREE TRIAL of the game?

So, after hours and hours of *TRYING TO PAY YOUR COMPANY MONEY* I have been denied.

I am essentially writing this to say that you are losing customers before you even get them.

I am a nanometer from giving this game and it's company the proverbial middle finger and never looking back, but I will give it one last chance if you simple allow me to try the darn product.

Where can I enter my credit card? It sounds funny... I'm here offering my credit card to your company and I've spent many hours unsuccessfully trying to pay you money.

Do you even WANT new customers? This is NOT the way to get them.

I can only imagine there are others out there who have had the same problem I am but didn't make the effort to also create a forum account (and bind it to a semi-activated game account before I can post? That was wierd, too, and took another bunch of time to figure out.)

If you can resolve this problem then I will give the game a try.

Looking forward to a response explaining how to use my free trial and make this entire night wasted worth it.

Toxen
28-03-07, 06:54
So new so naive im so tempted to just scream newb and leave it at that. But sit tight, ranting on the forums won't get you anywhere account@neocron.com will and if you ask calmly for advice someone might give it.

Apocalypsox
28-03-07, 06:55
Just be glad you got here AFTER they started reworking payment systems. Niddhog should be here momentarily with the proper emails to send as it seems youve pulled the short straw on the account creation here. A couple emails and some apporpriate wording of messages and you will have an account.

cronuss
28-03-07, 07:03
Sorry to lash out, guys, I was just (and still am) very frustrated.

I feel that if I'm going out of my way to give this game a try... downloading 2 gigs, going to 3 different 3rd party payment sites and entering personal info, etc... that I would like to actually try the game!

More than anything, it's dissapointing to me that there is a company out there that that looks like it may have a good cyberpunk game and they are doing a poor job of attracting new customers.

Us cyberpunk/scifi fans are sometimes hard to come by... and I feel that the Neocron folks should do everything they can to attract and appease new customers.

Tonight was the most frustrating MMO signup process I've ever dealth with... including SOE... and that's saying something!

Anyway, I appologize if I over-reacted, I'm just frustrated because I wasted an entire night on this.

Hopefully I can try the game soon enough.

(Why don't they just accept credit cards!?)

cronuss
28-03-07, 07:04
Just be glad you got here AFTER they started reworking payment systems. Niddhog should be here momentarily with the proper emails to send as it seems youve pulled the short straw on the account creation here. A couple emails and some apporpriate wording of messages and you will have an account.

Sounds good.

It's still funny to me that I need to have people pull some strings before they will even consider accepting my money. Heh.

Seems kinda backwards.

Dribble Joy
28-03-07, 07:15
The problem is that C2P is on the board of KK's publisher, and are highly reluctant to let anyone but them handle the game accounts. Unfortunately they aren't the easiest people to deal with for the customers. Also one possible cosession that KK had to make in order to get PayPal was that the free trial remained C2P only. That doesn't really excuse the necessity for payment details in order to play the trial though.

Thus going with paypal or paybycash won't get you a trial, and an account will not work as you found out when it told you not payment was recieved.

Archtemplar
28-03-07, 07:24
I love how KK picked a gambling service for their primary payment method :p

NS_CHROME54
28-03-07, 07:47
The problem is that C2P is on the board of KK's publisher, and are highly reluctant to let anyone but them handle the game accounts. Unfortunately they aren't the easiest people to deal with for the customers. Also one possible cosession that KK had to make in order to get PayPal was that the free trial remained C2P only. That doesn't really excuse the necessity for payment details in order to play the trial though.

Thus going with paypal or paybycash won't get you a trial, and an account will not work as you found out when it told you not payment was recieved.
Not entirely true. I signed up via Paypal, and I got the 10 day trial.

Panthoraxium
28-03-07, 07:53
PayPal does work for trial accs

Its not KK's fault, try ordering something from steam using paypal, takes a good 10 tries.

Paypal are bad at working with other applications and websites while trying to make subscriptions and payments.

naimex
28-03-07, 08:03
?

Admittedly, I already had an account... but it was used with c2p last time.

When I reactivated, I used PayPal, and the hardest part there was remembering my password ...

Took about 2 minutes for me to reactivate, and about 20 minutes to download patches and get vista to accept nc2.

Dribble Joy
28-03-07, 08:16
Not entirely true. I signed up via Paypal, and I got the 10 day trial.
That I did not know. Now I do and I am happier for it :D.

Napalm82
28-03-07, 08:28
It is also worth noting that not all of us have had problems with the payment options, personally i have not had any trouble with C2P in the time they have been here and even tried multiple credit cards for my payments (Upgraded my Visa Electron to a regular Visa Mastercard)

But yes, get in touch with account@neocron.com and tell them everything, if they do not reply within 24h (Which they should) send a PM to Nidhogg or Odin with the ticket number you got from the auto-response.

- Napalm

Nixon
28-03-07, 08:35
This MMO is the least customer friendly one that I've ever played, and I've played 4 of em so far properly. Just wait till you get ingame.. hehe..

The first post got me chuckling here just wondering how in earth have they managed to screw the payment systems up for so long time. Oh and don't worry about the community's flames because you are frustrated and diss kk (even just a bit). The ones who are still left playing this game have taken alot of c**p during the time. They still believe that the game will become what they wish it could be, thus refusing to see It's flaws.

It's not a customer's responsibility to look for solutions.

elGringo
28-03-07, 10:11
Dear cronuss,

we have learned about your issue with account creation and would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. While we were unable to reproduce the problem, we welcome any additional information that helps us to further ease the account creation process. Please use this thread or direct your suggestions to account@neocron.com
To compensate for the trouble you experienced, we have issued a full game account including 30 days of free gametime.
We hope you will enjoy exploring the world of Neocron 2 and in case you encounter further difficulties, please do not hesitate to make contact with either ingame support or helpdesk@neocron.com

With kind regards,
helpdesk@r2k-ua.net

just kidding of course :p
dont get on meh buttside for impersonating support ;) ...check your PMs tho cronuss - and if you have any probs getting that thing signed up n running, let me know via pm. For every problem, there's a solution.

naimex
28-03-07, 10:18
This MMO is the least customer friendly one that I've ever played, and I've played 4 of em so far properly. Just wait till you get ingame.. hehe..

The first post got me chuckling here just wondering how in earth have they managed to screw the payment systems up for so long time. Oh and don't worry about the community's flames because you are frustrated and diss kk (even just a bit). The ones who are still left playing this game have taken alot of c**p during the time. They still believe that the game will become what they wish it could be, thus refusing to see It's flaws.

It's not a customer's responsibility to look for solutions.

^^

You haven't tried star wars galaxies then...

Everytime i sent a help ticket there, i got an admin mailing me back that I had gotten a warning, and if I did it again I would get banned.

Not once did I get help, I was just told each time I submitted a help ticket, that I had gotten a warning tied to my account, and I would get banned next time I did it again.

SnowCrash
28-03-07, 10:27
Please contact our e-mail support team under account@neocron.com describing the problems you have encountered during the account creation.

Unfortunately we have no influence on PayPals website performance and the only thing we can recommend in this case is to contact the PayPal support for further assistance.

zii
28-03-07, 17:34
Niddhog should be here momentarily....

Do you really mean momentarily, or in a moment!?

@cronuss: Good luck and hope that you get the account problem solved soon.

John Bushido
28-03-07, 18:27
Everytime i sent a help ticket there, i got an admin mailing me back that I had gotten a warning, and if I did it again I would get banned.

weird, i played swg and wrote 1 ticket in 1 1/2 year

reason was that i accidentally sold my mustafarian injector (quest item, standard for most of the pvp setups there)

2 hrs later i recieved a mail that the injector should be back in my inv after loggin out for 10min, and it was

so for me, support worked fine

also support in nc works fine for me, never had any problem

addmin
28-03-07, 20:29
I feel your pain cronuss, I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I even had to go through PayByCash (with no itention of sending the actual check, don't hate me KK :( ) just so I could post in the forums. Have they found a way around it yet? Both account@neocron.com and tech@neocron.com told me it was an issue with Paypal and not them. They told me to contact Paypal about it, which I did, and now I'm playing the waiting game. I imagine it has something to do with Reakktor Media GmbH trying to charge the amount of 0.00 in pounds. Not that KK is doing anything wrong, but Paypal is getting screwed up with the paying in pounds thing......and it being a zero dollar amount.

Anyways, I look forward to playing the game. It really sounds like something I might like. Wish I didn't have to jump through all these hoops though. Props to KK though for the prompt support....wish Paypal didn't have their head in their.....well, you know.

rob444
28-03-07, 21:03
I tried signing up a trial account with paypal about a month ago and it worked just fine here both for me and rambus.

addmin
28-03-07, 22:21
I tried signing up a trial account with paypal about a month ago and it worked just fine here both for me and rambus.

That's what I've been hearing and reading on the forums. However, most of the people who get the trial to work with Paypal aren't in the USA. It seems to only be a problem with Paypal for people who live in the US. Maybe that's not it though and I just have horrible luck.

Still waiting for Paypal to respond.......this sucks.....

NS_CHROME54
28-03-07, 22:27
That's what I've been hearing and reading on the forums. However, most of the people who get the trial to work with Paypal aren't in the USA. It seems to only be a problem with Paypal for people who live in the US. Maybe that's not it though and I just have horrible luck.

Well, I live in Canada, and it worked for me.

cronuss
28-03-07, 22:44

KK needs to look into this.

I can only imagine there are plenty of other people out there with the same problem, but who aren't patient enough to fake the PayByCash method that you and I did... especially to try a game that they know little about.

KK could be losing a lot of customers from this problem... only the persistent will make it as far as you and I, most likely.

Odin
28-03-07, 23:04
KK needs to look into this.

We have been. It's a PayPal problem within their system and they respond to us about as well as they respond to you guys.

Apocalypsox
28-03-07, 23:07
Do you really mean momentarily, or in a moment!?

@cronuss: Good luck and hope that you get the account problem solved soon.

Well i was asuming he would post miliseconds after me cause he always seems to gnab these threads early on :lol:

addmin
29-03-07, 00:28
Yeah cronuss, I wouldn't go blaming KK about this. It clearly is a problem with Paypal and they need to fix it. I emailed them this morning and haven't even gotten a reply with a CSR ticket or anything. That tells me how important this problem is to them. Maybe I'll send them a bunch of emails, they have to respond then......

Till then.....I wait and wait...

cronuss
29-03-07, 04:59
We have been. It's a PayPal problem within their system and they respond to us about as well as they respond to you guys.

Thanks for the response, Odin.

I know what you mean... I'm not actually a fan of Paypal in any way.

they provide a service, which can be helpful, but I won't say a single nice thing about their company.

cronuss
29-03-07, 05:06
Okay.

So I now have a legit Account key for a 30 day trial.

I attempted the method of "box copy (paypal)" and I followed all the instructions.

Still, paypal tells me "click to retry."

What am I supposed to do?

I'm about to give up... I can only waste so many hours trying to give this game a try.

Danae
29-03-07, 05:33
If you have a cd key, please do the following:

Email account@neocron.com with:

First Name
Last Name
Address
Email
Desired Account Name
Desired Account Name Choice 2
Choice 3 (in case 1 or 2 are taken)
CD Key

addmin
29-03-07, 06:38
Well, I finally got a response from Paypal and they totally missed the point. The email they sent me basically described the process of sending money to someone via Paypal. Like I don't know how to do that..... I am starting to hate Paypal.

I've got a couple things I'm gonna try.....I'll see if one of them works.

Let you guys know.

addmin
29-03-07, 07:40
I decided to try and set up an account one more time before I went to bed and I finally got it done. There was no error on the Paypal page and everything is working now. Paypal must have fixed things on their end. Hope this game was worth all the hassle (I'm sure it will be :) )

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 14:19
if you can deal with the minor instability and like a screwed up post apocalyptic style gamplay/atmosphere then you r gonna love it.
not many games out there that use this type of atmosphere/setting

cronuss
30-03-07, 02:56
Ok, that's it.

I think I'm just about done with this. I can't take any more.

I created one account, couldn't pay. Now it's stuck on paybycash.

Used my CD Key to create a new account, new name. Since I couldn't change the first account to paypal and try it again. This one didn't work either.

So I send more emails to account@neocron.com. No responses.

So I make A THIRD account tonight, since now my second account name is marked as "in use" and so I need to make a new account name. I tried retreiving the password for my 2nd account, since I never got an email for it.. and it says the account doesn't exist... yet I still can't use that name.

So I make my third account tonight with the CD key. Get to the paypal section and same problem. "Click to retry."

What now, make a 4th account?

I'm done with this.

Was looking forward to joining this community, but there's only so much I can take. I've put probably 7 hours into this.

I would rather shove bamboo shoots up my fingernails than struggle with this account creation/management system anymore.

cronuss
30-03-07, 02:57
Knight']if you can deal with the minor instability and like a screwed up post apocalyptic style gamplay/atmosphere then you r gonna love it.
not many games out there that use this type of atmosphere/setting

That's what I'm seeking... that atmosphere.

Too bad I'll never see it.

cronuss
30-03-07, 03:18
Stupid persistent me... I tried 3 more times.

Even made a whole new paypal account, which almost worked but didn't.

I've suffered enough.

Thanks to everyone that helped me.

Just for the record, there are people Private Messaging me with the same problems, also pretty annoyed. Some of them can't even post on the forums, so they just PM me telling me they are in the same boat.

cronuss
30-03-07, 05:21
Just FYI for everyone... I checked my email again and KK had just responded.

They gave me an account name and password for my 30 day trial.

Thanks for everyone's help, and thanks KK for resolving it any way you could. I know you can't control paypal and their issues.

Gonna go try the game now.

SnowCrash
30-03-07, 07:46
Good to see your issues being solved. Have fun with Neocron! ;)

-closed-