PDA

View Full Version : April 3rd, 2007 @ 9pm CET: Chat with Reakktor, the developers of Neocron!

naphead
27-03-07, 02:07
http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_neocron/

Dogface
27-03-07, 02:53
Oh god, I can see this going so wrong :p

*signs up*

kane
27-03-07, 02:59
signed up

Apocalypsox
27-03-07, 04:56
Cant wait to see how they dodge some of the questions. Signed up.

My primary question will be as follows: WHERE THE HELL BE MY MECHZ0RZ!

MY secondary question will be: What happened to the Ciggarettes and other shit?

z5o3
27-03-07, 05:00
Signed up and i cant wait for this :D

netster
27-03-07, 09:05
/signed

suler
27-03-07, 09:33
Cant wait to see how they dodge some of the questions. Signed up.

My primary question will be as follows: WHERE THE HELL BE MY MECHZ0RZ!

MY secondary question will be: What happened to the Ciggarettes and other shit?

I sure hope you get in so you can handle those hard hitting questions.

unreal
27-03-07, 11:19
Cant wait to see how they dodge some of the questions. Signed up.heh, Yeah. Just 'signed up' myself but if Reakktor are hand picking the 'winners' I definitely won't get in, especially not with my track record of asking questions they dislike to answer. :p With advertising aside, IRC is way more suited for this. :rolleyes:

Edit: Interesting though how non-officials ended up ANNOUNCING it to us.

Brammers
27-03-07, 11:25
*Signs up*

Tratos
27-03-07, 11:41
"edgy" content - got that right :p ;)

I do love it how all of the promotional materials on that page have absolutly nothing to do with Neocron 2.2 and that they seem to really enjoy badly re-saved blury images at XFire.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the result, i wont be registering though as i dont have the time :(.

evs
28-03-07, 00:06
lol the trailer shows the date of 2004 :/

rob444
28-03-07, 14:41
Signed up.

rob444
02-04-07, 20:51
I was one of the lucky guys ;).

unreal
02-04-07, 21:18
Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the chat with Reakktor, the Development Team of the MMORPG, Neocron!Woah, I'm not enemy #1. :p

Mighty Max
02-04-07, 21:54
Don't forget to log it for us

rob444
02-04-07, 22:05
Xfire dev team seem to want it unlogged :P.

cl0wn
02-04-07, 23:18
Dl's xfire again just to anoy the gm's

Brammers
03-04-07, 12:23
*Goes to find the list of un-answered questions in the THN Attic :D*

Brammers
03-04-07, 22:16
Log of the Xfire Chat - http://www.techhaven.org/neocron/interviews/xfire-chat-with-the-dev.html

John Doe
03-04-07, 22:23
We get these questions too - we will try to answer more questions and let you know ...

Nidhogg
03-04-07, 22:24
Woah, I'm not enemy #1. :p

Not with a free 6 month subscription you're not. Jammy bugger. :p

N

z5o3
03-04-07, 23:00
Well i though this turned out horrible, 80% of the Q/A were people who didnt even know what Nc was and it was all noob stuff like "what is Nc?" "What are the req" Blah Blah

Still didnt change my mind to come back again if anything it enforced not wasting my money and coming back

Nidhogg
03-04-07, 23:05
80% of the Q/A were people who didnt even know what Nc was and it was all noob stuff like "what is Nc?" "What are the req" Blah Blah
We were very pleased with that. We're working with Xfire to widen our profile within the gaming community at large - if we wanted a Q&A solely with NC players we'd conduct it here...

N

rob444
03-04-07, 23:07
I won a 1 month subscription (first guy they announced). Too bad it'll be on a new account :(.

unreal
03-04-07, 23:13
Nidhogg beat me to it :p, but yeah, it was more of an advertisement type event than anything else. It worked too since a lot of non-Neocron players were there to ask questions and Neocron also had a mini banner that was displayed on the main Xfire client window. I'm still speaking to a few of them over Xfire and sending a few screenshots and they seem pretty eager to play. I've managed to annoy a few of my own friends into creating an account too. :D Even if it didn't seem like a worth while thing to existing players at the moment, remember that the potential long-term players gained from things like this really is worth while to everyone.

Good job. :rolleyes:

Brammers
04-04-07, 03:15
Yeah it was a chat aim'ed at non-NC players, which is good.

None of my questions got answered, but I wasn't expecting it to be when I saw the people interested where not NC players, still nice job KK!

netster
04-04-07, 10:53
advertising4TW. but why no hardcore questions in the end?

Brammers
04-04-07, 10:58
This question and answer caught my eye.

[20:54] [KK] SnowCrash: LebenOjanen: Will you ever lift the LE removal requirement from private clans? Ex to form a non-pvp Roleplaying group.
We had this topic on the desk already to evaluate the consequences of removing this rule. Though there would have to be additional rules to avoid abuse in terms of PvP. We will definately bring up this topic for a further game update.

pottburter
04-04-07, 11:03
This question and answer caught my eye.

[20:54] [KK] SnowCrash: LebenOjanen: Will you ever lift the LE removal requirement from private clans? Ex to form a non-pvp Roleplaying group.
We had this topic on the desk already to evaluate the consequences of removing this rule. Though there would have to be additional rules to avoid abuse in terms of PvP. We will definately bring up this topic for a further game update.

Same here.

And thanks, Brammers, for providing the chatlog on THN for us non-xfire users :)

Brammers
04-04-07, 11:10
Same here.

And thanks, Brammers, for providing the chatlog on THN for us non-xfire users :)

No problem - just a little heads up, I missed a bit of the end of the chat with all the winners, sorry about that. That explains Niddy's "Jammy bugger" comments now, which had me totally confused until Flib pointed out a bit was missing.

*Orders some Melitta Auslese coffee*

nabbl
04-04-07, 11:11
Melitta macht Kaffee zum Genuss! :P

thats german for: melitta is a fucking awesome coffee ^^

Dribble Joy
04-04-07, 19:35
Skillranks of 64 and above should be content for groups.

Fair enough, I can see the logic behind this (why should a lvl 64 player be able to take down a lvl 90 mob with ease?), however that does leave leveling for solo players rather shafted.

Yes teaming should be encouraged and you should benefit from it, but solo play is just not viable. Any possiblility of raising the xp gain on mobs (with a flattening at lvl 64) so you can actually hunt properly?