PDA

View Full Version : First night back

jnky
26-03-07, 18:44
Its been a while but a friend persuaded me to return at least whilst this free period is on, heres a few experiences from my first night back. (bear in mind I left the game 1 week after Neocron 2 was released)

First time I zone I get sync lock....I must admit it was the only time but for it to happen first time I try to zone had me LMAO.

Ok so all my skills need re-allocating, this is quite harsh not knowing whats changed so Im running around a bit delicate atm.

So I take my PPU out with my friend in his PE, I suggest warbots. We quickly find out that my haz resist was the wrong spell to take, and my holy heal isnt half the man it used to be. The PE dies :( .....I hit reserection and Im the other side of a hill from the warbot who seems totally disinterested with me.....WHAM down to 200 health, select heal, try to cast WHAM dead.. I found out when I was dead that I had no buffs on and a spiderbot had sneaked up behind me....oh and aparently warbots can shoot through hills ;)

Ok lets get into tanks and take a Next Reveller out...warbots used to be easy with those. I run to the garage outside TH....BHAM, I dont really know how as I turned the game music off at the begaining, but all of a sudden there was a Rhino on my ass which insta killed me. I thought hey that was nifty, did that guy install hush puppies to his Rhino...hmm he cant of because now Im dead I can hear it clearly :S (btw he never spawned it I was approaching, well not that I saw anyways)

Ok I run back after symp to find my friend still at the garage (LE'ed) and we get the vehicle out......hang on......I used to have gat ammo for the vehicle in my invent, its now vehicle laser ammo....DAMMIT NOOB!!....We drive back to TH.
On running up the slope I see a red at the top....cool I have a Faction reward gatlin gun (CM Epic??) he draws, I draw (lock was really slow) he zones into TH. shame really because he was around my level (2 higher I think) so it would have been a good test and a good end to my night, alas he didnt want it.

BTW none of the above are complaints
(psst apart from the excessive amount of hoverbots around TH)
I enjoyed my return but I see Im vewwwy vewwwy rusty and probably need more then the free time to get my head around it, I think you gained 2 noob vets.....for a while at least.

jnky
28-03-07, 18:17
Ok after a couple of nights play I have decided to make a new charactor so I can re-learn this damn game :P

Coid
29-03-07, 05:36
As far as noobs go, i dont know this personally but i heard noob leveling is 100x slower and harder....just keep that in mind ;)

jnky
29-03-07, 13:05
Taken 2 nights of rats, plants and beggars to get me into aggresors (about 8 hours).....my memory isnt great but it seems about right.....So far so good ;)

My old levelling habits were:-

Rats
Beggars
Aggies
Cyclopse (Is MB bunker still going strong? )
Creepers (Fire queen place) until cap

Is still the norm ?

Dribble Joy
29-03-07, 20:54
Choas caves are hard now, you need a PPU who's really on the ball and with the right spells.

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 21:03
if you can get a proper range (rifles for example) you can do warbots after launchers. as long as you can avoid/deal with the imba overpowered spiderbots :)