PDA

View Full Version : Fall damage

Dribble Joy
26-03-07, 13:20
So I'm browsing through some damage logsand I come across something which I think is fall damage.

Local Player:Damage() - Damage processing statistics!
Damage: -36.110 Target Fulldamage HitZone 3 - Part 0
Results of this target: Damage -36.110 (Reduction: 0.000 - 0.000 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.840!

Now, why no resistance? Should there be none (is this intended), should any skill/shield affect it?

Why not have it affected by resist force perhaps? Or maybe agl/ath?

Thrown in the air, have at it if you will.

Fega
26-03-07, 13:56
Would be cool to have it affected by Agl/Ath. I want to see people safely jumping from DoY Carriers into Op fights :P

CMaster
26-03-07, 14:13
jumping from DoY Carriers into Op fights :P
Back in 2.1 (or was it actually the very end of 2.0?) FETISH did that into the Regants event because of the old fall damage bug). Anyway, it sounds ratehr reminiscent of a Galaxy Drop from planetside (damn those are fun, if typically rather doomed to failure)

zii
26-03-07, 14:14
Yes, I saw the same thing in the logs. My tank logs give something similar :

Results of this target: Damage -36.110 (Reduction: 0.000 - 0.000 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.880!

Toxen
26-03-07, 22:12
Back in 2.1 (or was it actually the very end of 2.0?) FETISH did that into the Regants event because of the old fall damage bug). Anyway, it sounds ratehr reminiscent of a Galaxy Drop from planetside (damn those are fun, if typically rather doomed to failure)

Old...... bug.... hate to tell ya it's still there. Think the height you have to be is perhaps a tad higher as I can't do it from P1 rooftop restaurant but can still do it down the TH grav lifts. Occassionally it will bug though and health will stick at zero and keep bouncing up and down for a while and you will die if you get damaged again while its bounced to zero.

Matthew.v.smith
27-03-07, 09:47
I honestly don't know why it's not just disabled...

I mean, you can take a clip of a high powered plasma cannon to the face, yet the miracles of modern science don't permit you to jump from a slight ledge without breaking both legs and headbutting the pavement instantly taking you below half health.

It's not like it's going to unballance or take away from the experience if it's just turned off.

Panthoraxium
27-03-07, 11:00
The bug is random, sometimes you take fall dmg.

Ive fallen from the skybox and died, and fallan half way and died :/...

Me and a freind both died from skybox, only i died, he lost 0hp

SorkZmok
27-03-07, 12:24
The bug is random, sometimes you take fall dmg.

Ive fallen from the skybox and died, and fallan half way and died :/...

Me and a freind both died from skybox, only i died, he lost 0hp
Oh this brings up funny memories of nc1. Some zones like el farid had bugged genreps so it would place you a mile up in the sky when you tried to GR there.

I laughed my ass off once when i synched in way up in the sky, dropped dead when i hit the ground and while i still was thinking "WTF" 2 other people fell from the sky right on top of me and died aswell. Hilarious.
:lol: