PDA

View Full Version : [Video]2.2 PK

CMaster
23-03-07, 00:17
OK, you knew they were coming. The raft of PK videos for the new "balanced" (yeah right) Neocron. Sorry that its not all top notch-action, I wanted to get on with making it - but its only really the short kills thrown in because it fits the music that aren't so hot.
Avaible from two sources at the moment, although I'm hoping somebody chooses to host it somewhere better.
Killing in Regant's Name (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOpKfxpZ80) (Flash player)
Killing in Regant's Name HD(720P-30) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S0KT9JQ4) (320mb, XviD)
If megaupload asks you to install anything, tell it "HELL NO!". It isn't necessary by any means, and I suspect their software of not being entirley nice.

As ever, feedback of all forms welcomed. If anybody has any trouble playing the video, get VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). It plays damn near anything, is small and doesnt clog up your registry and the like.

NS_CHROME54
23-03-07, 00:51
Laser shooting perpendicular to gun = Hilarity.

Archtemplar
23-03-07, 02:18
Not too bad, but the black screen effect was kind of annoying thu =\ And im not a big fan of the rage, but it had a lot of diverse locations, so good work there. As far as the actual statement the video is making - Yes, i do believe balancing needs a good tweaking - If a ppu'd PE cant take out a lone lasercanon tank, then maybe theres a problem, but then again almost all of the tank's shots were hits, but balancing could've also had a hand in that as well.

kane
23-03-07, 02:23
lol well was not the best but still cool.. Glad you posted on utube :)

CMaster
23-03-07, 02:31
If a ppu'd PE cant take out a lone lasercanon tank, .
Eh? When did that happen? The only time I had a PPU (me vs 2 tanks at Cycrow) they had a PPU as well. Any other times if there was a PPU, it was helping the people I was killing (notice the colour of my buffs). Just because some of said PPUs were allied to me, don't be fooled.

lol well was not the best but still cool.. Glad you posted on utube

What wasn't good about it? What would have made it better? Oh, and the youtube one is applaing quality. For whatever reason youtube took an already small and compressed video and magnled it still futher.

Archtemplar
23-03-07, 02:55
Ah sorry, All I saw was you, a ppu, and a tank at BD - and the only ppu junk was on you, not the tank. Prob just looked at it wrong. (about 50 seconds in)

CMaster
23-03-07, 03:02
Ah sorry, All I saw was you, a ppu, and a tank at BD - and the only ppu junk was on you, not the tank. Prob just looked at it wrong. (about 50 seconds in)

I just looked again. Yes vegah tosses me a holy heal, but nothing else. He had been buffing smurf up before I arrived, and if I'd hit any of my earier shots I may well have won that one - as it was he was almost down. THat said, if he'd had a creed...

kane
23-03-07, 03:11
Eh? When did that happen? The only time I had a PPU (me vs 2 tanks at Cycrow) they had a PPU as well. Any other times if there was a PPU, it was helping the people I was killing (notice the colour of my buffs). Just because some of said PPUs were allied to me, don't be fooled.

What wasn't good about it? What would have made it better? Oh, and the youtube one is applaing quality. For whatever reason youtube took an already small and compressed video and magnled it still futher.

Yeah its good movie :) Btw good post on youtube may attracted people

unreal
23-03-07, 04:26
Nice movie and RATM = winnar. The blinking half way through reminded me of the times I started watching a film and all of a sudden my blank screensaver enables itself. :p Good to see you've started making good use of your upgraded hardware too. :D

cl0wn
23-03-07, 07:09
haha pwnd by wilheim schneider and pwnd by me on my tank rav > all :D

Cadgar
23-03-07, 07:52
do you really have to stand still now to hit anything or is this just your personal skill?

no its no flame, its a serious question

jini
23-03-07, 08:55
Leave Cmaster guys ... He is real good pvper.
My only complaint is WHERE IS THE BLINK :p
nice movies... ugly PA

Coid
23-03-07, 09:46
youtube version slobbed knob....downloading xvid version....it probably looks 10x better :D Oh yea thanks for the vid man, im starting a collection ;)

CMaster
23-03-07, 09:49
do you really have to stand still now to hit anything or is this just your personal skill?

no its no flame, its a serious question

Heh, I noticed that too when I watched the video, don't notice it when I'm playig. The ion shotgun isn't the easiest gun to aim - has sshort range tehrefore slow aiming. But I'd say its just me really, although plenty of others seem too be spending a lot of time crouched too.

jini
23-03-07, 10:17
can someone tell me, why cant I detach from FL? Im beginning to do as DJ does with his judge :p

Coid
23-03-07, 10:56
omg C, great show, just finished watching it....I cant see what all the pvp bitchin is about....looks like its still alright to me. I did notice that people move ALOT slower though dunno why that is but heh....damn good job.

suler
23-03-07, 12:36
can someone tell me, why cant I detach from FL? Im beginning to do as DJ does with his judge :p

Plasma rifles are too cool not to use. It took me forever after beta to accept that PEs shouldn't really try to use the FL. I miss using an EPR as a regular weapon.

jini
23-03-07, 12:56
I love the FL, and the redeemer. Also the fast gats I like those too, but since the FL does all this green thing its a charm to watch it hit the target :p
Particularly when I fight tanks, I love it 2x when the tank uses CS. What can I say... I was using it even in 2.1, but there was just no comparison in speed back then. Now, my spy can withstand everything, and I am not afraid of devourers anymore. 2.2 makes spies simply amazing.

Suler, which is your clan/character? why arent you on Terrarists?

$tormbringer
23-03-07, 13:09
nice vid... i really loved the part at hawkins.... almost killed him -> ug sync... funny to see

overall nice vid ;)

silent000
23-03-07, 14:32
Nice Movie and some very nice kills, my only criticism is for you to higher your mouse sensitivity plz :angel:

Brammers
23-03-07, 20:14
Very nice vid there Cmaster - the YouTube version doesn't do it any justice, so anyone downloading the video, get the HD edit.

CMaster
26-03-07, 00:44
Sorry for the bump, been away since friday morning.
Sorry to do this, but guys who like this - what about it do you like? Which bits put you off dispite your generall positive opinion.

Nice Movie and some very nice kills, my only criticism is for you to higher your mouse sensitivity plz :angel:
Heh, the problem I have is that A: both windowns and Neocron mouse sensitivies are all the way up, I have to use "/set ctrl_mousefac 5" each time I relog to even make the game goddamn playable (yeah, thanks KK for shortening the range of the slider with 2.1). The other is that as I crank mouse sensitivite higher and higher, I get lazier with mouse movements.

Tantta
27-03-07, 14:05
Great video cmaster, its really enjoyable to watch because of smooth framerates and good quality.
I never heard that music but i think it fits really well on this.

Almost inspired me to activate account again. :p

And that new Pa is hawt

CMaster
27-03-07, 14:14
Great video cmaster, its really enjoyable to watch because of smooth framerates and good quality.
I never heard that music but i think it fits really well on this.

Almost inspired me to activate account again. :p

And that new Pa is hawt

All inactive accounts received 30 free days on the launch of 2.2. Log in ya noob!

Tantta
27-03-07, 14:23
Hmm oh. :D
Gotta try find fast mirror for the client

Dogface
27-03-07, 15:50
Heh, the problem I have is that A: both windowns and Neocron mouse sensitivies are all the way up, I have to use "/set ctrl_mousefac 5" each time I relog to even make the game goddamn playable (yeah, thanks KK for shortening the range of the slider with 2.1). The other is that as I crank mouse sensitivite higher and higher, I get lazier with mouse movements.

Weird, my mouse sensivity is as low as possible in NC settings.