PDA

View Full Version : Droneing in mc5!

CritiNator
22-03-07, 16:27
Droneing in mc5. IF you just stand behind the pillars and drone away?
You wont get hit, becouse drone takes all the agros. If this IS exploiting, how can you use drones without exploiting?

Jodo
22-03-07, 16:31
As I understand it, as long as the Mob/Runner is ABLE to get to your location without exploiting and kill you then you're fine. If they don't bother, then thats their own problem. This goes for any class and char' not just Droning.

unreal
22-03-07, 16:36
Well that's intended since it's exactly what the droning profession is all about, using your drones instead of yourself. The rule is there for everything else. The other professions (rifle users, pistol users, etc) and indeed the drones themselves. Getting into a position where you can target the object and hit it without being able to be hit in return is an exploit. This of course excludes being out of an objects range while being able to shoot it, obviously.

eprodigy
22-03-07, 19:31
the problem before was, people exploited so the mobs couldnt hit their drone. (not hitting their body was a given)

im not sure what mc5 is like now (or drones), but if they CAN hit your drone they killed it in like 2 shots.

CritiNator
22-03-07, 19:58
They surely can hit me, but they wont do much damage. Thou RK-1000 can take quite lots of hit.

Panthoraxium
23-03-07, 06:40
Takes the piss. a Scout drone can outheal a whole sector... of Copbots :/

Xeno LARD
23-03-07, 17:18
Takes the piss. a Scout drone can outheal a whole sector... of Copbots :/

Well a scout drone does no damage so it doesn't matter.

Richard Slade
23-03-07, 17:29
Then again drones have a habit of going *BOOM* quite quick in MC5....

Or are we talking noobmc? :lol:

nobby
23-03-07, 18:53
I've been droning a lot in MC5 lately

It seems theres more "Safe spots" accidently found, but there's no need to exploit since MC5 guards do much much MUCH less damage than before. :p

vices
23-03-07, 21:47
I used to love MC5 the way it was, but I guess the changes will probably bring in a pvp element in there

SorkZmok
23-03-07, 22:35

It seems theres more "Safe spots" accidently found, but there's no need to exploit since MC5 guards do much much MUCH less damage than before. :p
From what i hear about drones it's more drones being too strong than mc5 guards being too weak. o_O

D31C1D3
24-03-07, 02:50
Droneing in mc5. IF you just stand behind the pillars and drone away?
You wont get hit, becouse drone takes all the agros. If this IS exploiting, how can you use drones without exploiting?

:lol: Yeah, it's one of those things that is really limited by the game engine. Touchy subject too, I wouldn't look too deep into that rabbit hole.

CritiNator
24-03-07, 10:58

Yep, its not just MC5, its everywhere. But as you said, theres no need to use them, becouse with 2xRk1000 its easy to clear MC5. I die often, when i crash while sync and for some normal mistakes.. but anyways.

RogerRamjet
24-03-07, 14:14
Ahh, the days when MC5 was the dominion of the tank and PPU...