PDA

View Full Version : [-Restart] What would you like to see again.... ?

Chenoa
22-03-07, 14:34
Just for us to info: Which great event would you like to see again ?
Multiple choice possible !

Tyler_Durdon
22-03-07, 14:54
last man standing is nice ! especially pve one !! i remember in times like the change from nc1 to nc2. Eg: A lot of ceres troops were spawned in the cannyon sectores and the whole server tried to defend the cannyon, nm if pro city or doy guys. i think a lot of those events happened in nc1 - would be nice to see those events in 2.2.

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 15:29
MotU and some form of propper mob army type deal. a boat load of runners, and steadily increasing waves of mobs. I still remember some of the massive battles between a line of players and a wall of titans, rockets, plasma and bullets everywhere.

VegaH
22-03-07, 16:21
I always been a lover of team fights (like 4 vs 4) or could as well be a massive team fight like PRO vs ANTIS in a wide open area.

Ill think of more ideas :)

Brammers
22-03-07, 16:27
I don't think I've seen a PvM style last man standing event, so that sounds good.

silent000
22-03-07, 17:29
I aint doing another MoTU! so the last man standing gets my vote :angel:

kane
22-03-07, 18:32
I say last man standing. I suck at pvp but its still fun to watch.

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:33
MoTu :-)

Apocalypsox
22-03-07, 18:53
someone would just kami Brammers at the motu again :lol:

I vote for Last Man Standing. Wall of Ceres rocket muties versus wall of Wocket tanks = fun

Clive tombstone
22-03-07, 19:32
How about anouther texture/modeling contest? :D

silent000
22-03-07, 19:32
If its gunna be an MoTU i best contact safunte :P or just maybe get some new judges this time :P

Panthoraxium
22-03-07, 22:29
App contest's are nice, but most ppl who would enter, already have there app from the last one,

Plus you said you would never repeat that event :). And with current money problems, i cant see anyone new making one.

And there, well boring

Dogface
22-03-07, 23:40
A person with the aim of a 5 year old and an overpowered weapon would win any pvp tournament so there isn't much point.

Panthoraxium
23-03-07, 01:08
A person with the aim of a 5 year old and an overpowered weapon would win any pvp tournament so there isn't much point.

See every1 says this, why not enter yourself a prove them wrong!.

RogerRamjet
23-03-07, 02:14
All of them. Gives a spread of events for the majority of the community.

ashley watts
23-03-07, 03:42
Actually id like to see bug fixes and balancing before events ( Sorry for being a spoil sport ) :p

Dribble Joy
23-03-07, 04:36
Like introducing new models/artwork does not mean that bugs aren't being worked on as the art team don't generally code, the event team don't either.

VegaH
23-03-07, 16:45

Whats wrong with this....thats just about my story when i was young, 5 years old with an overpowered weapon.....i was able to aim and piss in the toilet with this overpowered weapon. LOL :lol:

silent000
23-03-07, 17:45
Whats wrong with this....thats just about my story when i was young, 5 years old with an overpowered weapon.....i was able to aim and piss in the toilet with this overpowered weapon. LOL :lol:

That was terrible Vegah :angel:

unreal
27-03-07, 14:26
I would vote for MotU if it could be hosted properly, so therefore I don't vote for MotU. The same no doubtedly applies to Last Man Standing and the Summer Olympics as well. The other two events are simple beyond belief so I'll vote for one of those. So I vote for the apartment contest then.

Whichever event ends up being chosen, put the cocky "har har! I'm the event referee, shut up or I bash you with a hammer! har har!" attitude to one side, and concentrate on having fun, which is what events are supposed to be for. Make use of common sense as well, and spawn things that should be available. I don't want to see a repeat of the utter bollocks that was the MotU from last year. The only thing that made MotU fun for most people who turned up was knowing that lots of unnecsessary mistakes were going to be made.

PS. No doubt you expected a post like this Nidhogg? It's not intended to be insulting, it mostly depends on how people choose to interpret it. Unfortunately for me, it's always the "veiled insult" option. These things need to be noted if they're going to be improved. Put your banhammer to some use and make sure they do a bit of practice before hand if need be. It's time there should be a standard above par.

Brammers
27-03-07, 15:46
I would vote for MotU if it could be hosted properly, so therefore I don't vote for MotU. The same no doubtedly applies to Last Man Standing and the Summer Olympics as well. The other two events are simple beyond belief so I'll vote for one of those. So I vote for the apartment contest then.

Whichever event ends up being chosen, put the cocky "har har! I'm the event referee, shut up or I bash you with a hammer! har har!" attitude to one side, and concentrate on having fun, which is what events are supposed to be for. Make use of common sense as well, and spawn things that should be available. I don't want to see a repeat of the utter bollocks that was the MotU from last year. The only thing that made MotU fun for most people who turned up was knowing that lots of unnecsessary mistakes were going to be made.

PS. No doubt you expected a post like this Nidhogg? It's not intended to be insulting, it mostly depends on how people choose to interpret it. Unfortunately for me, it's always the "veiled insult" option. These things need to be noted if they're going to be improved. Put your banhammer to some use and make sure they do a bit of practice before hand if need be. It's time there should be a standard above par.

Ureal, the MotU was hosted as best as myself and the other event hosters could do it, just some people broke the rules and couldn't accept they broke the rules. When the rules are laid down in stone there isn't a lot I can do.

Still it was a lot of fun when it did go ok.

However yeah I agree, events should be fun, and yeah I should had argued the toss with one of event hosts over the rules at a few points for the sake of fun. (I know I did in the finals over one call)

Whether I would put myself up for host in a future MotU, I don't know. I can accept the odd problem/flames/KoS when it doesn't go in their favour, just ask any footbal referee what it's like.

Unreal - can I sugguest you post some sugguested improvements for the MotU, so hopefully if there is another MotU.

kane
27-03-07, 16:24
I rather see Last man standing. Be kind fun simple rules nothing can go wrong ;)

Dogface
27-03-07, 16:40
See every1 says this, why not enter yourself a prove them wrong!.

Because I'm not wrong :p

netster
27-03-07, 16:56
sex on the couch?!

Mal
28-03-07, 08:22
I miss things like the Kamikaze attacks on Plaza and things like that.

But I'm with Dribble - bring on a proper decent battle :D

Logan_storm_03
28-03-07, 15:58
Defending against increasing waves of mobs.

Here they come, thick as grass, and black as hell.

solling
29-03-07, 12:15
ops wrong post :p i would like to see fight nights again if possible

Zheo
29-03-07, 13:48
I'd like to see events of all kinds, specially RP events, I don't think we do enough, I also think it would be easier to have one massive server too :p

I think the community should put some events together as well as KK doing some.

Edit: Without complete twats coming in and ruining things by killing everyone!

Tyler_Durdon
29-03-07, 15:38
Defending against increasing waves of mobs.

Here they come, thick as grass, and black as hell.

xactly <3

[F6]Knight
29-03-07, 17:06
its neocron ... the world is screwed up ... hate and war everywhere ... why dont mutants and other evil creatures invade certain areas more often?
gogo last man standing.

imho it also involves the player a lot more into the game if cities get attacked more often by mobs.
it gives players a felling of 'hey, i my faction actually needs me to defend our city'. maybe even try to add some sort of rewards to players who defend the their city against lots of waves of mobs.
maybe even have simultanious attacks on the doy and nc gates so it doesnt end in a pvp bloodbath

unreal
30-03-07, 14:33
@Brammers: The MotU event last year wasn't a shambles simply because a couple of people broke the rules (a couple of which (rules that is) were notably made up as the event progressed and others were downright silly), there were more factors involved. It was organised badly, and executed even worse.

Common sense seemed to have been thrown out of the window to be replaced by ignorance, and the things that took moments to do (such as spawning one or two objects) weren't done until eventually a day or two afterwards, which was far too late. It would be easier for someone to just re-read the old MotU thread to get a list of all the mistakes and problems that occurred, as I don't think it was just me who felt the need to note them down at the time.

I never expect events to be 100% perfect, but at the very minimum I do expect the basics to be covered, common sense to be applied and to have a sensible set of rules with a bit of flexibility in mind. The most notable example springs to mind. Why did GM's feel the need to warp LE'd low level runners out of the sector because they weren't standing near the CityCom and therefore a mile away from the duelling area? They weren't interfering in any way and were minding their own business, and looking around. As in this case, most rules should be more of a guideline than a strict requirement.

I hope that from certain individuals :rolleyes: this isn't classed as good old flaming, and that instead lessons can be learnt.

Chenoa
02-04-07, 23:11
First Poll result is here : http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139148

:angel:

Chenoa
10-04-07, 12:19
LMS done, added the PPU Event you can vote for

Jodo
10-04-07, 13:07
LMS done, added the PPU Event you can vote for

But most of us have already cast a vote now, whats the point in adding another option so late in the poll?

naimex
10-04-07, 13:55
"Apartment Contest", lots of pretties last time, I'm sure some will have developed their inner home designer since then.

"Event based GM Hunt with rewards" (The TG runners)

"Bat poison", maybe where the reward actually is a reward and not just a crummy datacube :'( *broken hearted*

"Anarchy Breed NC invasion" (The one with the millions of spawned AB's, the 2 GM AB's, and the GM Stormbot (Stormbot 101), and the GM copbot.

And I would like to see Tech Haven as a place where you could get clan apartments at again.

Chenoa
10-04-07, 14:36
But most of us have already cast a vote now, whats the point in adding another option so late in the poll?

Right, poll resetted

unreal
10-04-07, 14:39
Summer Olympics it is. :p

Dribble Joy
10-04-07, 14:49
MotU here. Preffer the style to FFAs like in the Pit.

edit:
Shouldn't the thread title say something like [Poll Reset!] rather than [-Restart]?

SorkZmok
10-04-07, 14:55
Best event i've ever been to was the first and original Phaze musical chairs event.
It was hilarious when everyone on vent started laughing hysterically when Sarah (or was it Twinkle?) played that Benny Hill song in the final round.

On topic, i want more small events. Clan events. Or just get an Event GM to find a random person and involve that guy and a few of his friends into some sort of storyline-driven quest.

That'd be so sweet.

Jodo
10-04-07, 16:09
Right, poll resetted

Cool, I was hoping you'd do that. :)

silent000
10-04-07, 17:07
MoTU for me here me thinks....

Bredahl
10-04-07, 18:12
MotU!! :angel:

ashley watts
10-04-07, 18:36
Motuuuuuuuu Fzw

Fega
10-04-07, 19:36
Summer Olympics was one of the funnest events I've been too.

:lol:

zii
10-04-07, 20:00
last man standing. people defending their city from mobs and even with their pvp enemies coming along and joining the mobs, or defending against them..

Spawn Warbots and some other nutters inside the the Dome or on the Plaza.

I'm always up for mass carnage :D

Chuck Norris
10-04-07, 23:33
Town invasion sounds very fun, having to unite enemy players to fend off Regents zombies or Anarchy mutants running wild on Mb/Nc/Th/DoY or canyon. Maybe have some awsome turrets in place to help players (hackers) vs the monsters. hackers could hack and take control and blast invaders or something a long those lines.

CMaster
24-04-07, 15:07
Any of these going to happen then? MOTU is apretty clear leaders. I'm suprised to see appartment contest come up so high again after the last one I remember pretty claerly.

Summer Olympics all that time ago was awesome however. Just if its happening again - no events that involve going one at a time please. They take FAR too long.

kane
24-04-07, 16:48
MotU (Master of the Universe)!

Chenoa
12-05-07, 09:46
MotU in work, announcement will follow ASAP -

after this, PPU Event will follow as next.

silent000
12-05-07, 11:10

Nice one!

ashley watts
12-05-07, 12:07

YAY !, EDIT: Shit my account needs reactivating ;\

silent000
12-05-07, 13:17
How much you wanna bet that ash will have to face Gunnar again xD

ashley watts
12-05-07, 23:31
As long as its not in a free for all i dont mind :D me loves MoTu :D

ancient
20-05-07, 22:51
I think the community should put some events together as well as KK doing some.

well me and psico sent an email to kk about doing an event back in 2.1 the idear was that all of pro city would meet up at a certain point and attack the dome and anti had to defend and there would be guards of both sides involve running alongside an intence story line we had come up with..... kk didn't not even have the decency to reply to this email but about 1 mounth after, coincidence has it (i think not), there was a raid on doy, thats the last time i give them any idears as this was suposed to be a comunity event but was turned into a kk event as we were compleatly shut out of our own idea

silent000
20-05-07, 22:55
Where my MoTU?!

ancient
20-05-07, 22:58
Sommer Olympic *Summer Olympic

Torg
22-05-07, 13:34
[x] City Admin drops H-Bomb on Dome, leaves big hole, Twilight Guardian retaliates, turns Neocron City into hole of equal size, all citizens gather at Tech Haven, build spaceship, hop in, take off to the stars, set course according Black Prophecy. Problem solved.

ancient
22-05-07, 17:40
tbh i think thats happened to the dome allready ;)

ashley watts
22-05-07, 17:59
[x] City Admin drops H-Bomb on Dome, leaves big hole, Twilight Guardian retaliates, turns Neocron City into hole of equal size, all citizens gather at Tech Haven, build spaceship, hop in, take off to the stars, set course according Black Prophecy. Problem solved.

As long as the ship has sex androids in it.

Serious_Sam
23-05-07, 00:09
Ooh ooh! Heres an idea! GO BACK TO 2.1!

Torg
23-05-07, 13:58
As long as the ship has sex androids in it.you're talking of middle-aged men, pretending to be female teenage sex-androids, aren't you?

and don't mistake me, i think mistress Chenoa is doing valuable work for the neocron community and we need to thank her for that. it's just that i'm looking for something more exciting than new editions of old activities.

SorkZmok
23-05-07, 14:15
you're talking of middle-aged men, pretending to be female teenage sex-androids, aren't you?

and don't mistake me, i think mistress Chenoa is doing valuable work for the neocron community and we need to thank her for that. it's just that i'm looking for something more exciting than new editions of old activities. People should just come up with ideas themselves then.

But most people just leave it to KK and then complain when there's nothing new.

The best event i ever had by far was the musical chairs night with Phaze. We just got an empty apartment, some chairs and started playing music over vent. It was just awesome and so damn funny. :)

But i gotta say KK are sometimes letting us down too with events...
There once was something about small spontaneous runs the KK staff would start with random people all over the worldmap. I never ever heard of that again.
Also, apart from the TG faction counselor (Ronald Rodriguez or what was he called) i have never seen a faction counselor or KK member do something to improve RP or run events. Pretty sad. :(

switchnine
23-05-07, 16:22
I would have totally entered an appartment contest, even although the appartment i'd enter is basically just the blackdragon epic with a few bits and pieces (including an office on the second floor).

If anyone wants to check it out anyway it's at "club nine", blackdragon district, dome of york. Jump over the boxes to get in. Don't expect to see me there though, coz my account expired a while ago and i dont have time to play right now.

I'll be back one day though, to sit at my desk in my regants pa and polish my rifle collection. :D